Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 458 Speciale A

I truly hope the F12 will drop in value because this is another car I would consider as my next weekend toy.

Right now I have the ("old") R8 V10 Plus, the F12, the 458 Spider (not so sure how much it will drop in value) and the McLaren 650S or 12C on my list but you never know with cars, sometimes the prices go into directions nobody can really foresee. So far, the R8 V10 Plus seems to be, from a price point of view, the most attractive weekend toy for me. Prices seem to have dropped further after I actually assumed they would rise or stay stable. Winter is coming... 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

That's a nice list, but I would definitely drop the 458 Spider from it. You will find that it is just too tame and "soft" for your taste.

crayphile:

That's a nice list, but I would definitely drop the 458 Spider from it. You will find that it is just too tame and "soft" for your taste.

Smiley I always liked CR's black Spider and the sound is just...well, I can hear it from 2 kms away Smiley but you are right, this may not be the car I want but it is black with black painted wheels and yellow calipers and it just looks amazing.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford a very expensive weekend toy anymore. If I would get a F12 with low mileage for lets say 200k (unlikely?) in a year or two, I would have to sell my GT500. If I get the "old" R8 V10 Plus, I could keep the GT500 (which is really challenging...), R8 prices (very low mileage, even 5 years warranty) have dropped under 100k EUR. Not sure what to do. The F12 is tempting but this is a car I would need to hide. Smiley Probably from my wife too. Smiley Smiley

The McLaren 650S would be my favorite, it delivers exactly what I am looking for in another weekend toy but it is still too expensive (lease offer would be OK but I just don't want to lease a weekend toy anymore). The 12C could be interesting, price-wise but unfortunately the prices are still a bit too hight. 

Winter is coming right now, so no need to put too much thought into this. For now. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

I truly hope the F12 will drop in value because this is another car I would consider as my next weekend toy.

When that happens, please let me know. I will send over some Corvette badging and then you can take off all the Ferrari badges and horses and replace them with the Corvette ones. Your customers won't know you are driving a expensive Ferrari!

--

Hi Peter,

The Ferrari dealer in Beirut still has a brand new unsold Speciale in yellow in stock, would you like to me to connect you with them? Pm me if you want...

Regards

Mo

Moser:

Hi Peter,

The Ferrari dealer in Beirut still has a brand new unsold Speciale in yellow in stock, would you like to me to connect you with them? Pm me if you want...

Regards

Mo

thanks moser but i can't import a gulf spec car into europe.

cheers peter

Whoopsy:
    RC:

When that happens, please let me know. I will send over some Corvette badging and then you can take off all the Ferrari badges and horses and replace them with the Corvette ones. Your customers won't know you are driving a expensive Ferrari!

Smiley Smiley I get your point but this is actually something I would consider. Smiley Smiley

Suggestion: If you got bored of your F12, send it over to Germany (instead of the Corvette badges Smiley) and whenever you're in Germany, you'll have a car to enjoy here. Smiley Btw: A friend of mine keeps a Bugatti Veyron in his garage for a friend from Asia, for whenever he is in Europe. Meanwhile, he drives the car as well but if he breaks something, well...he has to pay for it. This is why he doesn't drive the Veyron too often. Smiley

I like the look of the F12 a lot but I agree, it cannot replace a LaFerrari or even a 488GTB design-wise. Smiley

--

pmarkow:
    Moser:

Hi Peter,

Regards

Mo

thanks moser but i can't import a gulf spec car into europe.

cheers peter

Peter, aren't there a few minor changes you can make for them to allow you to import it?

moser,

it is really tough. i checked into this last year when i wanted to buy a GT3 in jeddah. most likely i will be able to import and register the car (as relocation allowance or so) but i might never be able to sell it in the EU. a real mess.

peter

pmarkow:

moser,

it is really tough. i checked into this last year when i wanted to buy a GT3 in jeddah. most likely i will be able to import and register the car (as relocation allowance or so) but i might never be able to sell it in the EU. a real mess.

peter

I thought it was a few minor changes that needed to be done, and if you paid the EU taxes you would be ok to sell in the EU.  I guess I was misinformed.  It's a shame that in this day and age car markets around the world aren't more harmonized

Moser:
    pmarkow:

moser,

peter

I thought it was a few minor changes that needed to be done, and if you paid the EU taxes you would be ok to sell in the EU.  I guess I was misinformed.  It's a shame that in this day and age car markets around the world aren't more harmonized

well, all the info i got was very cryptic. but since the PAG austria has to certify the EU conformity of the car, i guess they are in the stronger position and since they want to discourage private imports....there you go...

peter 

pmarkow:
    Moser:
    pmarkow:

moser,

peter

well, all the info i got was very cryptic. but since the PAG austria has to certify the EU conformity of the car, i guess they are in the stronger position and since they want to discourage private imports....there you go...

peter 

Makes sense Peter

just get a used one.

crayphile:

So it is finally here, and what a car Smiley  I will post full driving impressions etc in due course but in short it handles supremely without the scuttle shake of my 458 Spider and there is clear improvement in gearing, performance, braking power, preciseness of steering and the sound is raspier than the normal 458 " V8 boy racer bellow". Despite the tighter suspension I have found no issue over bumpy roads etc  - or maybe its the excitement of delivery day.

Here is an update following some weeks of ownership. The car remains an absolute joy to drive. The stability and traction of this car is astonishing  - even with cold tyres with an ambient temperature of 4 degrees Centigrade today ( or perhaps I was not driving fast enough Smiley). The car seems far less flighty and jumpy than a standard 458 coupe or Spider and does not have anywhere near the scuttle shake of the standard Spider. The steering is slightly heavier which is a positive in my view, but remains very quick as is the nature of the current generation of cars from our friends in Maranello. You can place the car 's nose with absolute precision and this breeds ever growing confidence along with the amazing traction. The brakes are far "grabbier" than a standard 458 Spider which suits this car's ability perfectly. The lack of sound deadening is obviously more noticeable with the roof up than down but never so much that its a drag ( though It may be on a long motorway journey). The combination of power, traction, and steering precision all combines to really flatter the driver. It is this combination of things that make the car unique - striking looks, wonderful sound, powerful performance, all in a car full of electronic wizardry (E Diff, Slide slip control etc) but it still feels like you are driving the car and not it you if that makes sense. The car makes you feel like a much better driver than your abilities actually are  - though I'm more than mature enough to not get carried away by that Smiley.

any more pics of the Speciale Aperta please?

sfo:

any more pics of the Speciale Aperta please?

Here you go....

DSC_7102.jpg
    DSC_7015.jpg
    DSC_7169.jpg
    DSC_7097.jpg
    DSC_7094.jpg
    DSC_7233.jpg
    DSC_7216.jpg
    DSC_7012.jpg
    DSC_7188.jpg
    DSC_7280.jpg
    DSC_7253.jpg

Very nice!  I like how the Blue stripes tie into the Blue brake calipers Smiley

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

amazing car      and also the rest is not bad,,,,,ahhaha,  compliments

--

993 c2

OMG angelangelangel This car looks so stunning! I love the color - the pearl-effect in that yellow is outstanding. Superb package! kiss

Wow, this is perfection! kiss

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

the colour coordination throughout is outstanding!

have you been stopped for driving without a front number plate?

sfo:

Not yet !

crayphile:
    sfo:

Not yet !

perhaps British police can be sensible after all Smiley

Fantastic pics, and this coming from someone who is normally not a fan of yellow cars. kiss By the way, I see you FF in the background, so I assume the repair is complete? 

Ziggy:

Fantastic pics, and this coming from someone who is normally not a fan of yellow cars. kiss By the way, I see you FF in the background, so I assume the repair is complete? 

That photo was prior to the mishap, but Yes the FF is back now

crayphile:

Good to hear you're back to enjoying it. Lovely stable you've managed to put together caryphile, although some cars individualy would not be my first choice (namely the Wraith) I still feel like you've managed to bring together one of the best rounded collections, covering all your bases: Speciale for more raw fun, FF for comfortable yet sporty driving, Wraith for luxury, and soon the Singer for that classic aspect, exceptional. 

SmileySmileySmiley

--

J.Seven

congrats what a stunning car!

Enmanuel:
    crayphile:

Good to hear you're back to enjoying it. Lovely stable you've managed to put together caryphile, although some cars individualy would not be my first choice (namely the Wraith) I still feel like you've managed to bring together one of the best rounded collections, covering all your bases: Speciale for more raw fun, FF for comfortable yet sporty driving, Wraith for luxury, and soon the Singer for that classic aspect, exceptional. 

@Enmanuel - Thanks for your kind post. As I have posted before - the Wraith is a revelation  - despite its size it looks good from most angles, has really strong pull in a straight line, and is supremely comfortable . I am surprised how much I enjoy it.

Fantastic car, I'm so glad you got one. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755443 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431654 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258881 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255930 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79928 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5265 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868981 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803040 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM