Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Futch nominated WEC Gentleman Driver of the Year

Hi Futch

Dont forget to send some impressions and photos of the 657LT wink

Cheers

Francois, awesome feedback, like always!
    I haven't really followed the WEC, but I enjoyed reading your posts and attending 24h Du Mans for the second time. Getting to meet you and having someone to cheer for definitely made the GT class much more thrilling to watch! Looking worward to following your experiences in the coming season and seeing you score some good victories!
    Bonne chance,
    -Joost-
    --

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Congratulations and all the best for next season SmileySmiley

Top job Francois - many congratulations..kiss

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Congrats Futch, very deserved. From your personality on RT, I was not surprised to read this title at all! 

Well deserved mate, keep us in the loop in your next season, and of course good luck! kiss

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Congrats Futch! wink

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Congrats Francois!really congrats!

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Félicitations François !  So happy for you and it makes me also happy !

--

964 Carrera 4 /  997.2 C2 ,  -20mm /  991 GT3 RS 

Very well done, congrats!

pgouveia:

Hi Futch

Cheers

Thank again everyone,

Sure thing Pablo for the LT, I was truly blown away by the 650S so the LT should be fantastic.

2016 will be an exciting year re road cars, Ferrari has offered me an F12 TDF, initially I wasn't interested because I didn't like the F12 but the word from the boys is that it's a different beast all together, the prospect of 275 section front tyres sounds interesting to say the least. That and that ridiculous V12, a true masterpiece, I cannot get enough of my Laf, it's got well over 10000km now but the lack of boot limits its usage.

I will post some impressions when I have the RS LT and TDF all together, my hunch is that the RS will be most effective on the track, the LT the most fun on the road and the TDF the most exhilarating.

10k km on the LaF!? Brilliant! angel

Congrats on the award and the results on track in WEC this season, I think it's easily underestimated how difficult this class of racing really is, hats off to you for doing it succesfully. wink 

Re 2016 WEC, is it impossible for the AM-drivers to get the 488?

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:

Congrats on the award and the results on track in WEC this season, I think it's easily underestimated how difficult this class of racing really is, hats off to you for doing it succesfully. wink 

Cheers Porker,

No the GTE AM can only use one year old car, so 2015 Spec 458 GT2 for us next year.

Same for the tyres, next year we will have the 2015 Michelin tyres which is good news as this year, the medium compound tyres were difficult to manage on the 458.

The 488 GT2 will be only for the pros, the GT3 for everyone so I might drive it, we will see.

congratulations!! Smiley

Futch:
    Porker:

Cheers Porker,

No the GTE AM can only use one year old car, so 2015 Spec 458 GT2 for us next year.

Same for the tyres, next year we will have the 2015 Michelin tyres which is good news as this year, the medium compound tyres were difficult to manage on the 458.

The 488 GT2 will be only for the pros, the GT3 for everyone so I might drive it, we will see.

Any impressions/rumors on 2017 Porsche RSR news we got recently?

Congratulations - fantastic!!!

It was a pleasure to follow your 2015 season on TV and live at Spa.

Good luck for next year 

Blueflame

Futch:
    pgouveia:

Hi Futch

Cheers

Thank again everyone,

Sure thing Pablo for the LT, I was truly blown away by the 650S so the LT should be fantastic.

2016 will be an exciting year re road cars, Ferrari has offered me an F12 TDF, initially I wasn't interested because I didn't like the F12 but the word from the boys is that it's a different beast all together, the prospect of 275 section front tyres sounds interesting to say the least. That and that ridiculous V12, a true masterpiece, I cannot get enough of my Laf, it's got well over 10000km now but the lack of boot limits its usage.

I will post some impressions when I have the RS LT and TDF all together, my hunch is that the RS will be most effective on the track, the LT the most fun on the road and the TDF the most exhilarating.

Man you're hardcore. Smiley Seriously congrats, I am very glad!  Smiley

Thanks for some good news angelangel

Any idea when you wil recieve the TDF ?

Cheers

Futch:

Thank again everyone,

Amazing Francois ! To echo what others have said here it's no surprise that you received the gentleman award Smiley based on your contributions here it's an obvious fit for you. 

Great to hear about your upcoming toys and that you're putting the LaF to good use ! No garage queens here ! Looking forward to your continued reports and experiences both on and off the track Smiley

Ferrari told me pretty much whenever I want so I will do like Laf and let the first six months go by. I would really like the new one piece bucket seat seen on the yellow car at the Mugello Ferrari finale and they are currently being homologated so the first cars won't get them anyway. 

Congrats Futch!

Let us know what you think of the F12 TDF when you take delivery, I got a call from my dealer but decided not to pull the trigger, mainly because of the looks and the rear-axle steering. I would've done it if they were offering a manual too in (Daytona Black).

The F12B already has tons of electronics and it seems to intervene a lot, you can't just go esc off and put the pedal down to the metal, it's batsh*t fast on public roads and setup on the soft side / everyday use.

It's like, they give you something and take away something else in the upcoming model. I wish they would offer the stiffer suspension setup on the standard F12. I'm about to hit 8,000km.

BiTurbo:

Congrats Futch!

Let us know what you think of the F12 TDF when you take delivery, I got a call from my dealer but decided not to pull the trigger, mainly because of the looks and the rear-axle steering. I would've done it if they were offering a manual too in (Daytona Black).

The F12B already has tons of electronics and it seems to intervene a lot, you can't just go esc off and put the pedal down to the metal, it's batsh*t fast on public roads and setup on the soft side / everyday use.

It's like, they give you something and take away something else in the upcoming model. I wish they would offer the stiffer suspension setup on the standard F12. I'm about to hit 8,000km.

I'm with you here. Except Laferrari I have been very disappointed in modern Ferraris, I disliked both the 458 Speciale and the F12 and sold them quickly, very soft cars and poor interaction with the driver compared to McLaren and Porsche. Their drivetrain are exceptional but the rest is underwhelming. My main gripe with the F12 was the lack of drama and super soft chassis, the TDF seems to address that so we will see. In any case, if I don't like it, it seems the car will suffer less depreciation than the standard F12.

Agreed on manual, I love driving my 550 maranello, but with those modern drivetrain, there is so much power that paddleshift is quite nice, now if only the paddles could move with the steering wheel, like a proper sports car...

Futch:
    BiTurbo:

Congrats Futch!

I'm with you here. Except Laferrari I have been very disappointed in modern Ferraris, I disliked both the 458 Speciale and the F12 and sold them quickly, very soft cars and poor interaction with the driver compared to McLaren and Porsche. Their drivetrain are exceptional but the rest is underwhelming. My main gripe with the F12 was the lack of drama and super soft chassis, the TDF seems to address that so we will see. In any case, if I don't like it, it seems the car will suffer less depreciation than the standard F12.

Agreed on manual, I love driving my 550 maranello, but with those modern drivetrain, there is so much power that paddleshift is quite nice, now if only the paddles could move with the steering wheel, like a proper sports car...

Some mothers really do 'ave 'em, I drive the 458 spider and I'm really thrilled and here Futch is saying that the setup is too soft for his taste Smiley Wish I were in your shoes mate. On a more serious note I reckon the F12 tdf will rectify the current issue with the normal F12. Macari has got a Pagani H up for sale, are you anyway interested or is it a complete No, No in terms of Pagani? Lovely and well built car though despite the AMG engine fall back.

Congratulations, indeed gentleman driver. Smiley Smiley Amazing title, enjoy it. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Congrats - this is a bold award. Gentlemen driver stands for so many things - excellent! Enjoy it!

Futch:

Ferrari told me pretty much whenever I want so I will do like Laf and let the first six months go by. I would really like the new one piece bucket seat seen on the yellow car at the Mugello Ferrari finale and they are currently being homologated so the first cars won't get them anyway. 

better to wait until they get good at building TdFs

Congrats my friend Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Compliments, im really happy for you, i've been racing for many years, and when you do it for fun as a gentleman driver and you also go fast....well that is an immense satisfaction!!!

compliments again, have you ever tryed the 24h of nurburgring???? Not like the 24h of le mans but one of the most exciting races of the world due to incredible people along the whole track....

BRAVO FUTCH👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

--

993 c2

I would love race the north loop one day. I tracked it with my M3 last summer during the WEC weekend on the F1 track and it is one the scariest but also coolest thing I've ever done. Maybe 2017, start a couple of VLN races.

Like with a Cayman GT4 clubsport

Futch:

I would love race the north loop one day. I tracked it with my M3 last summer during the WEC weekend on the F1 track and it is one the scariest but also coolest thing I've ever done. Maybe 2017, start a couple of VLN races.

Like with a Cayman GT4 clubsport

SmileySmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753429 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430878 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258674 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255523 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79567 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868460 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802083 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM