Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991.1 Carrera 4S

We visited homes in that area and could not understand why anyone would want to live on these islands. The weekend you have hundreds of boats going by and everyone can see your house from the causeway...

Turbo:

It's the house of Philip Frost (Teva Pharmaceuticals) and you are right with your valuation.

--

Being polite is so rare these days that it's often confused with flirting.

Smiley Dammit...I knew you'd know. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

SciFrog:

We visited homes in that area and could not understand why anyone would want to live on these islands. The weekend you have hundreds of boats going by and everyone can see your house from the causeway...

Thats the point...I think. Smiley

Btw: I saw an beautiful house in Key Largo, very interesting design...I will post photos as soon as I upload them to my Dropbox.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

house looks like a second rate over designed 5 star beach hotel

sfo:

Philip Frosts house is not exactly my personal taste but to each his own. I would never buy a house there, I'd prefer a condo, better...a penthouse. There are some beautiful condos available in the Miami area, no need for a house. I'm fed up with house (I think I said this before), they are too much work, they cost a lot to maintain and the kids give a sh.t about the garden, no matter how big or beautiful. No, I prefer a condo, also much safer, no need for a super sophisticated alarm system, infrared sensors, cameras, bla bla bla. No house for me anymore, no matter how much money I would have. Still...that house I saw in Key Largo was beautiful and special, I will post a photo. 

--

The house design wants to be mediterranean inspired yet completely fails. It is a typical Miami house build to show you have money with gigantic useless spaces. We actually had a hard time to find a real well designed house and it still needed 3 years of construction and a lot of money to turn it into something interesting. Just look at the interiors of homes for sale in Miami, 99% of them are just plain ugly.

The lack of privacy is an issue in a building. Especially the pool. Some penthouses have a private pool but the price is just astronomic. In 20 years if we are still planning to live in Miami we will most likely be in a building too simply because it costs less to maintain. Maintaining a home is actually very easy but it costs $$. Our land is quite small (0.75 acres) for the size of the house (6,000 sf) but it is manicured and has many cool and varied areas with art around and is just a pleasure to walk it. It is also very private and very quiet.

sfo:

McMansion XXL

--

fritz

SciFrog:

The lack of privacy is an issue in a building. Especially the pool. Some penthouses have a private pool but the price is just astronomic. In 20 years if we are still planning to live in Miami we will most likely be in a building too simply because it costs less to maintain. Maintaining a home is actually very easy but it costs $$. Our land is quite small (0.75 acres) for the size of the house (6,000 sf) but it is manicured and has many cool and varied areas with art around and is just a pleasure to walk it. It is also very private and very quiet.

I do not really care about the privacy of the pool because those living in a five star condo environment aren't exactly some bums from the streets. Smiley Also, sometimes some of the neighbors have beautiful wives or girl friends, just now we admired a beautiful young Russian blonde (maybe 18 or 19 years old, no kidding) and her boyfriend (first, we thought he is her father...until he grabbed her behind and kissed her on it Smiley), who was maybe 75 or so. Smiley I get the appeal of having a young girlfriend but... Anyway: Sometimes you get to see beautiful (and not so beautiful Smiley) things when you're not alone at the pool, so it is interesting (to say at least). Smiley

Private and quiet is not really what I'm looking for in the US, I would be way too worried about safety. Even here in Germany, my house is like a fortress and I hate it (the need for that). Yes, not much happens here but we had enough burglaries in the region and I hate the idea of someone breaking into my house, even if I'm not there.
    I wish I could just secure the front door and be done with it. Much easier (and cheaper).

Btw: This is a photo of the house in Key Largo, unfortunately it doesn't really show the beauty of it, I will post my own photo this weekend or so. Apparently it is for sale  (link:  http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/557-Ocean-Cay_Key-Largo_FL_33037_M67914-91590#modal_PhotoGallery ). Look at the photo gallery at that link...beautiful house.

le1dbf244-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg

Oops...back to topic...we just invaded Bluelines' C4S thread. Smiley

--

No worries; we have administrators on this forum who keep us on track.

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

RC:
    sfo:

Philip Frosts house is not exactly my personal taste but to each his own. I would never buy a house there, I'd prefer a condo, better...a penthouse. There are some beautiful condos available in the Miami area, no need for a house. I'm fed up with house (I think I said this before), they are too much work, they cost a lot to maintain and the kids give a sh.t about the garden, no matter how big or beautiful. No, I prefer a condo, also much safer, no need for a super sophisticated alarm system, infrared sensors, cameras, bla bla bla. No house for me anymore, no matter how much money I would have. Still...that house I saw in Key Largo was beautiful and special, I will post a photo. 

Until that time you really need to go take a dump and the elevator is still at 30th floor.Smiley

--

4trac:

Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

SciFrog:

The house design wants to be mediterranean inspired yet completely fails. It is a typical Miami house build to show you have money with gigantic useless spaces. We actually had a hard time to find a real well designed house and it still needed 3 years of construction and a lot of money to turn it into something interesting. Just look at the interiors of homes for sale in Miami, 99% of them are just plain ugly.

This is hard to find pretty much everywhere in the US. People in the US have a tendency to go for quantity over quality. 

bluelines:
    4trac:

Smiley

SmileySmileySmiley

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

4trac:

Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    sfo:

Until that time you really need to go take a dump and the elevator is still at 30th floor.Smiley

I can hold a dump quite long... Smiley Smiley

--

Condo living is only good when you do a lot of travelling...

wantone:

So what you are saying is: Living in a condo is only good if you are away from it most of the time.  Smiley

--

fritz

Exactly!

wantone:

I disagree. I can't wait until the kids are out of the house, so I can sell it. My wife thinks exactly the same. Too much work, security is a nightmare (and expensive), maintenance is expensive as hell (the older the house, the bigger the cost) and if you want to add modern tech (you won't believe how much high tech I built into our house), it costs a fortune as well, not worth it. 

I've seen some amazing condos, even in Germany and I will definitely not get a house again, even if I had billions. I'd rather buy a whole condo building and make it a one family thing. Smiley I'm very serious.

I'm talking these kind of condos of course:

7252014417212060.jpg
    Capture12.png
    Pharrell-Williams’-Miami-Penthouse-4.jpg
    Render-18-Terrace_watermarked.jpg
    50-million-penthouse-sets-record-in-miami-beach-photos.jpg

--

don't worry RC by the time your kids move out I'll have plenty of project ready for you to buy one and move in indecision

RC:
    wantone:

I disagree. I can't wait until the kids are out of the house, so I can sell it. My wife thinks exactly the same. Too much work, security is a nightmare (and expensive), maintenance is expensive as hell (the older the house, the bigger the cost) and if you want to add modern tech (you won't believe how much high tech I built into our house), it costs a fortune as well, not worth it. 

I've seen some amazing condos, even in Germany and I will definitely not get a house again, even if I had billions. I'd rather buy a whole condo building and make it a one family thing. Smiley I'm very serious.

I'm talking these kind of condos of course:

7252014417212060.jpg
    Capture12.png
    Pharrell-Williams’-Miami-Penthouse-4.jpg
    Render-18-Terrace_watermarked.jpg
    50-million-penthouse-sets-record-in-miami-beach-photos.jpg

Miami style.

Did you know high rise moves A LOT during hurricanes? :)

Your wine glass might actually spills during one?

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:
    sfo:

Hmm, maybe, perhaps a little too much information..............

I can hold my dump a long time too if I take Imodium. Just saying. 

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:
    sfo:

Hmm, maybe, perhaps a little too much information..............

I can hold my dump a long time too if I take Imodium. Just saying. 

Wow, off topic in RT taken to a whole new level kiss

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Imodium is still in my field of expertise , so I don't see any problem. smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Miami style.

Did you know high rise moves A LOT during hurricanes? :)

Your wine glass might actually spills during one?

Actually, Miami style is my style when it comes to living. Smiley

During Hurricanes, the buildings are, as far as I know, evacuated, you are not supposed to be there when the Hurricane hits. Some buildings have some very nice underground garages... Smiley Btw: Got a photo of a 918 in such a garage weeks before the car was actually made available to customers. Smiley Amazing what money can do. Smiley

--

Underground garages and hurricanes don't go well together. The storm surge is as much a problem as the high winds….

SciFrog:

Underground garages and hurricanes don't go well together. The storm surge is as much a problem as the high winds….

Well that's why the Porsche Design Tower moved the garages upstairs Smiley

--

RC:
    noone1:

I only shoot RAW. Why would you want to shoot jpegs and lose all the versatility of RAW?

RAW has a huge advantage for those who plan to post-process the photos. I love RAW but I have to admit that I sometimes use my iPhone for some spontaneous shots, simply because I don't have a camera with me.

My favorite travel camera is my Sony Alpha 7S right now. It is an amazingly versatile camera for it's small size and somewhat low weight. Ideal for plane travel where the carry-on luggage is limited to 6-8 kg.

ISO 12800...hand-held... Smiley Sorry, this is the only file I had in my office, I have much better examples.

DSC00476.JPG

(click on it for larger size)

Since we are off topic.........did you see Pibull drop off the stage...that was hilarious? 

No I didn't see him drop off the stage, we were too far away (the crowd directly in front of the stage was drunk and drugged, too dangerous with two kids, so we left...). Also, Pitbull started way too late with his concert and at midnight, we moved away from the concert crowd to watch the fireworks. We stayed in the park (Bayside) until 3 am, it was quite nice, full of cops and it felt safe but we kept the kids very close to us.

We had a nice room at the InterContinental hotel next to Bayside, so we hadn't to drive back "home" to Sunny Isles Beach in the early morning (see photo of hotel room view).

KFEd_2D6ItyPm4mVr1Qf80I2xn2wFFz5VEm3Jpl6T_E,AR4UGe0uRxDkLfYVEyt5SBcQZHZwJ4XriB6gKCrHDyw.jpeg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755976 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431887 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258990 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256059 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80020 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5268 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869115 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803432 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM