Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor

Whoopsy:
    pmarkow:

i love it (would choose rosso corsa or giallo triplo strato) but today i was told that i won't get one::::(((((

so i am back to the GT3RS - but i might not get an allocation either - or the 488GTB.

peter

Peter, I think you are not missing much by missing out on the F12tdf. Unless you think it's good investment for future gain.

Ferrari offered the car to people who missed out on the LaFerrari. It's their consolation prize. Kind of like Porsche telling people who couldn't buy a 918 Spyder that they can have a Boxster Spyder instead.

You are so mean, Nick. Smiley Smiley

Well, I could get a 918 but I only had the money for a Boxster Spyder, so I got myself a 991 GTS Cab. Smiley SmileySmiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

You did better then with the 991 :)

What I said is straight off from Ferrari. They told me I don't have a LaFerrari in my name, but I do have a F12VS in my name. I said, what, this is my consolation prize? They said yup. I told them to sell me a LaFerrari then I will also buy the F12VS. Took me all of 30 seconds to tell them no I am not buying it.

--

well i only read comments about the look,

but what a bout an 780 hp v12 that screams uo to 9000 rpm????, i saw that the aerodinamcs is quite impressive, - 110 kg of wheight, incredible breakpower, the new rear steering  (PCV) , 230 kg downforce at 200 kmh, a new underbody aereodynamic ...etc..

the italian presentation of prestanda.... if I could buy it ..blue would be my choise....i like it a lot!!!

SCHEDA TECNICA FERRARI F12tdf

Motore Tipo V12 - 65°
    Cilindrata Totale 6.262 cc
    Potenza massima780 cv - 8.500 giri/min
    Coppia massima 705 Nm a 6.750 giri/min
    Regime massimo 8.900 giri/min (limitatore)
    Lunghezza 4.656 mm
    Larghezza 1.961 mm
    Altezza 1.273 mm
    Peso a secco 1.415 kg
    Distribuzione dei pesi 46% ant - 54% post
    Pneumatici e cerchi Anteriori 275/35 ZR 20” 10” J
    Posteriori 315/35 ZR 20” 11,5” J

Prestazioni Ferrari F12tdf

Velocità massima oltre 340 km/h
    0-100 km/h 2,9 sec
    0-200 km/h 7,9 sec
    Giro di Fiorano 1’21”
    Consumo 15,4 l/100 km
    Emissioni 360 g/km

--

993 c2

Hardware really looks impressive and there's a lot to say about a front engined V12 Ferrari. It doesn't look nearly as good as a 599 GTO, but I'm thinking it's a riot in the driving department.

I'd have it in a darker color to lose a bit of the excessive styling.

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Another great shof of the new F12 tdf... smiley

F12tdf ;-).jpg

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

F12tdf ;-).jpg

Only mean people today here in the forum. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Bleh. 

reginos:

Totally inappropriate name as 99.99% of the people link this name to bicycles

They could have done worse.  They could have called it dnf.   Smiley

--

fritz

Whoopsy:

What I said is straight off from Ferrari. They told me I don't have a LaFerrari in my name, but I do have a F12VS in my name. I said, what, this is my consolation prize? They said yup. I told them to sell me a LaFerrari then I will also buy the F12VS. Took me all of 30 seconds to tell them no I am not buying it.

I think you will regret it just like selling the Speciale Smiley  . I will,however, admit to being biased Smiley

I actually thought the same. The F12tdf is certainly a very interesting product, to say at least and if Nick doesn't like it, he could certainly sell it for a premium at some point. 

--

crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

I think you will regret it just like selling the Speciale Smiley  . I will,however, admit to being biased Smiley

You are probably right lol.

Well the Speciale is different, I never had the civilian version. But this time I have the regular F12, and I already know that chassis is borderline uncontrollable with 730hp, the same chassis with less weight, 40 extra hp and wider front tires is gonna make it even more tail happy. And I absolutely hated the tuner look, I think Ferrari contracted out the styling of the F12tdf to Novetec or DMC or something. The F12tdf basically ruins the good looks of the F12.

Nothing will match my regrets more than me passing up an F1 for 8 million dollars a few years ago.
    --

Whoopsy:
    crayphile:
    Whoopsy:

You are probably right lol.

Well the Speciale is different, I never had the civilian version. But this time I have the regular F12, and I already know that chassis is borderline uncontrollable with 730hp, the same chassis with less weight, 40 extra hp and wider front tires is gonna make it even more tail happy. And I absolutely hated the tuner look, I think Ferrari contracted out the styling of the F12tdf to Novetec or DMC or something. The F12tdf basically ruins the good looks of the F12.

Nothing will match my regrets more than me passing up an F1 for 8 million dollars a few years ago.
    --

Oh, oh...I hear ya brother. 

Well...I passed on the GT3 RS 4.0, the GT2 RS, the 918 (could have sold it after 6 months but who knew after the slow start?), the 991 GT3 RS (something I will surely regret as well)....

Maybe I should blame Apple, they just grow (stock value) way too slow. Smiley Smiley

I guess Obama had nothing to do with this...or did he? Smiley Smiley

--

But this time I have the regular F12, and I already know that chassis is borderline uncontrollable with 730hp, the same chassis with less weight, 40 extra hp and wider front tires is gonna make it even more tail happy.

To me this is one of the main attractions of the F!2  - it has to be treated with respect and one has to be alert and switched on at all times. Getting in to a 458 afterwards makes what is to all intents the benchmark mid-engined supercar feel like its almost too easy to drive if you see what I mean.

Porker:

I think it needs something which contrasts with the carbon. 

crayphile:

But this time I have the regular F12, and I already know that chassis is borderline uncontrollable with 730hp, the same chassis with less weight, 40 extra hp and wider front tires is gonna make it even more tail happy.

To me this is one of the main attractions of the F!2  - it has to be treated with respect and one has to be alert and switched on at all times. Getting in to a 458 afterwards makes what is to all intents the benchmark mid-engined supercar feel like its almost too easy to drive if you see what I mean.

This is what I love about the GT500 and yes, if I could afford it, I would have a F12 instead of the GT500. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    The F12tdf basically ruins the good looks of the F12.

+1

from beauty into an ugly duckling 

reginos:

Pimp elements have been present in some recent Ferrari and Lamborghini designs. They indicate where the money is these days.indecision

then how about the GT3 (RS)? does you pimp argument only apply to ferrari and for porsche it is form follows function????

Whoopsy:
    pmarkow:

i love it (would choose rosso corsa or giallo triplo strato) but today i was told that i won't get one::::(((((

so i am back to the GT3RS - but i might not get an allocation either - or the 488GTB.

peter

Peter, I think you are not missing much by missing out on the F12tdf. Unless you think it's good investment for future gain.

Ferrari offered the car to people who missed out on the LaFerrari. It's their consolation prize. Kind of like Porsche telling people who couldn't buy a 918 Spyder that they can have a Boxster Spyder instead.

thanks for the consolation whoopsy, but i think you are wrong....the car will be a blast to drive. i am looking forward to reading your driving experiences with it......while i like mid-engined cars a lot i believe this F12 will get close to the LaFe in terms of driving dynamics. i can do without the electric engine and hybrid parts.

peter

from my Aug 3 post on page 1 , the similarities in the front fender vents is ......"  unfortunate  " :

as some posted, the tdf would look much " faster " and sleeker with the upright front vents painted body color , as there is TOO MUCH going on in that small fender area : cavallino badge, huge black vent , deep door scallop ...even the tiny  round repeater lamp : 

Whoopsy

--

Are you talking about a McLaren F1?

--

Being polite is so rare these days that it's often confused with flirting.

just what i was thinking...too much corvette in the styling

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

crayphile:
    Porker:

I agree with frank on this, actually TDF blue would be cool in this car i think. There's going to be a bunch of them done in red, white, and yellow. And historically from engined ferraris have always looked striking in darker color. Not to mention it might help rein in some of the over the top design. 

Yellow never looked good on modern v12s. They shoulda picked Red or White.

Rossi:

F12tdf ;-).jpg

Getting ready to post a similar photograph after viewing the pictures of the new Ferrari.  FCA must really be working hard to force a merger with GM.

Enmanuel:
    crayphile:
    Porker:

I agree with frank on this, actually TDF blue would be cool in this car i think. There's going to be a bunch of them done in red, white, and yellow. And historically from engined ferraris have always looked striking in darker color. Not to mention it might help rein in some of the over the top design. 

Jeez, tough reception on Rennteam for the tdf today Smiley SmileyNot sure I dare show mine when it arrives Smiley. I did a quick spec at the reveal a few months ago in Bianco Italia as I have not had that colour before and I thought it would contrast with the carbon. There was no vertical stripe livery available at that time  - hope it is by the time of my next visit to Maranello to spec again in November. Now that we know the name perhaps there are some historical cues that one might use for a colour / livery 

images.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    Optimized-1956-Ferrari-250-GT-Berlinetta-Competizione-‘Tour-de-France’-credit-James-Mann-c-2014-courtesy-RM-Auctions-776x415.jpg
    ferrari-250-gt-tdf-2.jpg
    ferrari-250-gt-tdf-6.jpg
    ferrari-250-gt-tdf-3.jpg

" tdf  blue " will be the best color ...and as mentioned above , darker colors help slim down the bulkiness of the long hooded cab-rearward front-engined V12 flagships and in this case helps to camo the many , many scattered " patches of black" ..I count 19 in this pic alone !

Turbo:

Whoopsy

--

Are you talking about a McLaren F1?

Yes. After Futch got his I went looking too. The price has since exploded.

--

pmarkow:

thanks for the consolation whoopsy, but i think you are wrong....the car will be a blast to drive. i am looking forward to reading your driving experiences with it......while i like mid-engined cars a lot i believe this F12 will get close to the LaFe in terms of driving dynamics. i can do without the electric engine and hybrid parts.

peter

Sorry to disappoint, I won't have one coming, but I think crayphile do. 

Front mid engine cars still drives differently than rear mid engine though. But yes I believe the tdf will drive like a caged animal, ready to snap at anytime.

--

crayphile:

I think I know what you mean. The 458, even in Speciale version, doesn't have too much power down low, so they don't threaten to bite every time you turn. 

--

Whoopsy:
    crayphile:

I think I know what you mean. The 458, even in Speciale version, doesn't have too much power down low, so they don't threaten to bite every time you turn. 

true but it will be reined in by the electronics. unleashed the car is probably a very serious suicide weapon.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688251 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408588 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255488 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234709 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65341 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857465 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773188 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM