Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: BMW M2 Rumors

Perfect daily driver has been around for 60 years already... Porsche 911 indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

Perfect daily driver has been around for 60 years already... Porsche 911 indecision

I did consider the Carrera T as a daily driver but ultimately it would have been too much of a compromise because I have to do school runs and have two young kids. 

RC:
    WAY:

I think we should have daily driver. Something less extravagant than all our fancy 911s and GT cars etc. But doesn’t mean you need to drive a Zafira 😂. Go get yourself a fun little Fiesta ST or something like that! Besides, how can you show off your hairy chest and then turn up in a Zafira! 

Smiley I hate slow daily drivers. Got one once because I thought "hey, I'm just driving to work and back and not much else" but it was a huge mistake, three years of hating the commute to work and back home. Never again. At least the car needs to be fun in some way, even if it doesn't have a 500 hp engine. Smiley

Right now, the cheapest and most fun daily driver is the Ford Mustang GT (5.0) in my opinion. Don't expect premium quality though, our convertible rental in Hawaii almost fell apart and it only had 41000 mls on it. Smiley Still...great engine sound, great engine, sporty driving, real fun for little money.

Oh I also love the Mustang GT! Problem though is that V8 loving Australians are buying them in massive volumes so they are just everywhere!  Every Tom, Dick and Harry has one here!

I don’t know why but I fancy a look at one of those Ford Rangers ..

WAY,, a Fiesta ST ?.. I have to buy loads of track pants and Nike trainers if I go down that road. devil.. The Zafira been bullet proof indecision. The purchase was made over the phone from brand new, needed a cheap 7 seater quickly so I went with it. Coming up to 6 yr and it’s still out there. Me and my daughter call it Frank..indecision..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Carlos from Spain:

Smiley Not cheap though...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

WAY:

I’ll be swapping my daily driver from the M2 to M2 Comp as soon as they start being realistic about pricing in my local market (no discount at the moment). 

So, you have been enjoying the M2?  Any criticisms?  I think an M2 Comp is an attractive offer for Euro Delivery...

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Carlos from Spain:

Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Grant:
    WAY:

I’ll be swapping my daily driver from the M2 to M2 Comp as soon as they start being realistic about pricing in my local market (no discount at the moment). 

So, you have been enjoying the M2?  Any criticisms?  I think an M2 Comp is an attractive offer for Euro Delivery...

Love the M2. It’s the right M3 lol. I’ve been a M3 (and Porsche) man since my mid twenties and the M2 is more M3 than the current M3/M4 which I also had. I supposed if you had to criticise it then it would be on the interior standard. It is more E36 M3 quality than F80. Personally the driving matters more so it doesn’t bother me, but some feel that the lack of nappa leather and niceties like HUD and leather dash and materials is a bother. The other weakness on the car is one that is across all M cars - the brakes. If you are planning to drive it hard then make sure you get the new bigger brake option. I think you guys may even get that as standard equipment. I would have preferred CCB as the big brake option is much heavier than the standard brakes, but you can’t spec CCB on the M2 Comp. 

throt:

WAY,, a Fiesta ST ?.. I have to buy loads of track pants and Nike trainers if I go down that road. devil.. The Zafira been bullet proof indecision. The purchase was made over the phone from brand new, needed a cheap 7 seater quickly so I went with it. Coming up to 6 yr and it’s still out there. Me and my daughter call it Frank..indecision..

Ford Ranger Raptor - now that is more suitable for a guy with bushy chest! As for track pants, I find the Lululemon ones to be quite civilise, along with a nice pair of new Nike Epic React. 😜

WAY:
    throt:

Ford Ranger Raptor - now that is more suitable for a guy with bushy chest! As for track pants, I find the Lululemon ones to be quite civilise, along with a nice pair of new Nike Epic React. 😜

Smiley,,,

Lululemon stuff is pricey for sweaty workouts, bud. Just stick on a yuuuuge pair of Y-Fronts. Smiley...

Epics are cool Smiley..Still wear the Saucony Hurricanes, make me faster Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

WAY:
    The other weakness on the car is one that is across all M cars - the brakes. If you are planning to drive it hard then make sure you get the new bigger brake option. I think you guys may even get that as standard equipment. I would have preferred CCB as the big brake option is much heavier than the standard brakes, but you can’t spec CCB on the M2 Comp. 

Thanks!  Yes, in the US we get the big brakes and fancy seats as standard equipment. Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

throt:
    WAY:
    throt:

Smiley,,,

Lululemon stuff is pricey for sweaty workouts, bud. Just stick on a yuuuuge pair of Y-Fronts. Smiley...

Epics are cool Smiley..Still wear the Saucony Hurricanes, make me faster Smiley..

Oh come on, we all drive mid range and high end Porsches on RT and you are complaining about 100 quid sweat pants? 😂

Grant:
    WAY:
    The other weakness on the car is one that is across all M cars - the brakes. If you are planning to drive it hard then make sure you get the new bigger brake option. I think you guys may even get that as standard equipment. I would have preferred CCB as the big brake option is much heavier than the standard brakes, but you can’t spec CCB on the M2 Comp. 

Thanks!  Yes, in the US we get the big brakes and fancy seats as standard equipment. Smiley

Go drive one. Great little cars!

WAY:
    throt:
    WAY:
    throt:

Smiley,,,

Oh come on, we all drive mid range and high end Porsches on RT and you are complaining about 100 quid sweat pants? 😂

Smiley,,,

I normally wear Superdry joggers but they are way too heavy at times, specially in the past summer heat..Have to give some breathable ones a go for sure but in the past I have just had zero interest when it comes to sweaty wear.

It maybe so that my Saucony’s are old hat now too but I have always worn them when I was road running due to the Hurricanes catering for a wide foot. 10k in 36 mins was my normal pace so they returned pretty good results.Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Just saw this - 10k in 36 mins! 😱  That’s mighty impressive bud!

WAY:

Just saw this - 10k in 36 mins! 😱  That’s mighty impressive bud!

Cheers Smiley,,

That was quite a bit back when I played lots of football. My training pattern for that period is below..

Monday - 10k run,

Tuesday - football training, well, the manager hardly gave us balls, it was all cardio and full on, some guys use to puke up Smiley..

Wednesdays - 10k run.

Thursdays - football training, he let us have a ball on Thursdays but still insisted on cardio Smiley.

Friday - rest day. Pasta meal in the evening ready for the following match day.

Saturday - Football match.

Sunday - rest day but maybe some stretches on the floor at home coupled with mid core tummy tugs.

Yep,, I was super fit and lucky for me my joints seem fine. Know so many who have knee problems.

Anyway,,, back to the M2 Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

A friend of mine does 20k every day...and eats (hold your breath) five to six Milka chocolate bars (100g) a day. He looks like a beanstalk...basically no body fat, I am wondering where all that chocolate goes.  yes (OK, I envy him a little bit). He is over 50 too, has a job at an investment firm.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

That’s 12 mile a day. Very good at over 50, wow. Personally, I think that’s BS when runners think it’s beneficial to their running if they scoff chocolate 😁. I would fuel well before the runs with stuff like porridge or pasta, you know the slow release stuff.

Are you still doing your 5am workouts. Sure you told us once that’s when you train, before work ?..kiss..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

throt:

That’s 12 mile a day. Very good at over 50, wow. Personally, I think that’s BS when runners think it’s beneficial to their running if they scoff chocolate 😁. I would fuel well before the runs with stuff like porridge or pasta, you know the slow release stuff.

Are you still doing your 5am workouts. Sure you told us once that’s when you train, before work ?..kiss..

He eats the chocolate because he is a chocolate junkie. Smiley We always made fun of him because of that but it is incredible how he metabolizes the massive amount of chocolate... Smiley

--

RC:
    throt:

He eats the chocolate because he is a chocolate junkie. Smiley We always made fun of him because of that but it is incredible how he metabolizes the massive amount of chocolate... Smiley

It’s the 20k run a day. His body is constantly is burn mode, well a good amount of hours after the runs. I love Cadbury’s chocolate, can’t beat it but had to give it up at around 38 yrs old. You tend to start wearing everything you eat at around that age, literally..Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

RC:

A friend of mine does 20k every day...and eats (hold your breath) five to six Milka chocolate bars (100g) a day. He looks like a beanstalk...basically no body fat, I am wondering where all that chocolate goes.  yes (OK, I envy him a little bit). He is over 50 too, has a job at an investment firm.

Wow, my screen showed just the top 3 posts...and I said to myself "holy moly, who does 20k (km ...) in his a car a day" ??? Smiley We should really avoid going off-topic in each and all sections sometimes...then again, who cares ? Smiley

d997h:
    RC:

Wow, my screen showed just the top 3 posts...and I said to myself "holy moly, who does 20k (km ...) in his a car a day" ??? Smiley We should really avoid going off-topic in each and all sections sometimes...then again, who cares ? Smiley

😂 actually, some days I only drive my car to CrossFit and back. 3.5km each way. I live within walking distance or bike ride to everything, being almost right in the city centre. 

Back on topic of Christian’s friend though, anyone who runs 20km a day will need a lot of calories! If he doesn’t eat a lot of other food, then he could be having more choc and still be skinny. 

WAY:
    d997h:
    RC:

😂 actually, some days I only drive my car to CrossFit and back. 3.5km each way. I live within walking distance or bike ride to everything, being almost right in the city centre. 

Back on topic of Christian’s friend though, anyone who runs 20km a day will need a lot of calories! If he doesn’t eat a lot of other food, then he could be having more choc and still be skinny. 

Or, he could stop running, still eat the chocolate and be a skinny flabby person Smiley...Quite possible Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

d997h:
    RC:

Smiley For him, running is a pleasure, where he can free his mind. He does that since I know him, I think he pauses only on Sundays because he meets with family (not sure though). He has three kids, his wife is a well known economics professor here, so he is pretty busy but still runs and runs...amazing. 

Btw: He is a very good eater when we go out, so I guess he really has a very good metabolism. Smiley I really envy him, especially for those chocolate bars (not a fan of chocolate but I could die for ice cream Smiley).

--

So let me see... he likes a box of chocolate and running... Forest Gump! Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

So let me see... he likes a box of chocolate and running... Forest Gump! Smiley

Truth be told, he is pretty intelligent but he is not Forrest Gump weird... Smiley

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJTU0B90Cl4

...Porsche Cayman GT4: 7:42.39 (sport auto)
    Porsche 718 Cayman S: 7:46.70 (sport auto)
    ...BMW M2 Competition: 7:50 (official BMW laptime)
    ...BMW M2 Competition: 7:51.36 (sport auto)
    ...........................BMW M2: 7:54 (official BMW laptime)
    ..................BMW Z4 M40i: 7:55.41 (sport auto)

Can't wait for 718 GTS laptime Smiley

I think this is a great car, but expected a faster time.  Was this on Cup tires?

--

the Lap wasnt perfect

Is there an M2 CSL coming ?

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689257 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409060 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255682 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234933 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65489 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857866 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773861 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM