Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Giulia laps the ring in 7.39

Gnil:

Yes, AWD makes it popular and the price makes the rest . 

French are  into french cars, Germans are into german cars . Normal . They have been drilled to  support their local manufacturers + are naturally drawn towards their own brands .

We do not build any cars . So we do not have this . We then go for what ever is interesting . Yes, the Shelby/ Mustang/Challenger community is important here , and you see these cars as often as the GT-R

Is there a different preference for car brands in CH according to language? Because I notice a difference in attitude and temperament between the three main language speakers. Does this extend to cars?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    Gnil:

French are  into french cars, Germans are into german cars . Normal . They have been drilled to  support their local manufacturers + are naturally drawn towards their own brands .

We do not build any cars . So we do not have this . We then go for what ever is interesting . Yes, the Shelby/ Mustang/Challenger community is important here , and you see these cars as often as the GT-R

Is there a different preference for car brands in CH according to language? Because I notice a difference in attitude and temperament between the three main language speakers. Does this extend to cars?

You used to see a noticeably higher proportion of Fiats, Alfas and Lancias in Ticino. Don't know if it is still the case. 
    I remember 4WD Subarus always being really popular in the mountainous areas. 

--

fritz

fritz:
    reginos:
    Gnil:

You used to see a noticeably higher proportion of Fiats, Alfas and Lancias in Ticino. Don't know if it is still the case. 

That is correct . In mountain areas , cantons , Subaru are the most sold cars . Ticino was more into italian cars . Not sure this is still true as even in Italy this is not the case anymore more .

Swiss generally will favour all the German brands , specially VW, Aud, BMW, Skoda , but French and Japanese cars are popular too

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS 

reginos:

Is there a different preference for car brands in CH according to language? Because I notice a difference in attitude and temperament between the three main language speakers.

WTF is that supposed to mean? Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

bluelines:
    reginos:

Is there a different preference for car brands in CH according to language? Because I notice a difference in attitude and temperament between the three main language speakers.

frown  angry

--

"Form follows function"

Gnil:
    fritz:
    reginos:
    Gnil:

That is correct . In mountain areas , cantons , Subaru are the most sold cars . Ticino was more into italian cars . Not sure this is still true as even in Italy this is not the case anymore more .

Swiss generally will favour all the German brands , specially VW, Aud, BMW, Skoda , but French and Japanese cars are popular too

Are Audi and BMW cars as popular in the French area? Sometimes I get the feeling 2/3 of all cars here are black Audi estates. 

--

reginos:
    bluelines:
    reginos:

frown  angry

(It was only a joke my friend, in case it was taken wrongly Smiley)

--

bluelines:
    Are Audi and BMW cars as popular in the French area? Sometimes I get the feeling 2/3 of all cars here are black Audi estates. 

German traits... Smiley Same here, mostly dark colored BMW and Audi and of course tons of small hatchbacks from Hyundai, Toyota and Nissan. There is also a trend to smaller crossover SUVs (SUV = the kind of car nobody seems to like but everyone wants to secretly own, so people buy the "mini" versions Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

bluelines:
    Gnil:
    fritz:
    reginos:
    Gnil:

Every corporate car is a black A6 or A4 !

--

Gnil:
    bluelines:
    Gnil:
    fritz:
    reginos:
    Gnil:

Every corporate car is a black A6 or A4 !

So who drives Mercedes Benz 200 models these days? They don't even seem to be used as taxis any more.  Smiley

--

fritz

We make cars but no one is buying them so they are shutting down one by one! And unlike in Germany, GT-R's are revered here. Actually we were the ones who coined them Godzillas way back in 1992 when the GT-R beat the 348 and 964 in a Wheels magazine comparison. But back to the Guilia. We have lots of Italians here who buy Ferraris and Mesaratis, but I don't think too many people will buy the hot Guilia over a C63/M3 unless it's priced 20% lower. 

WAY:

We make cars but no one is buying them so they are shutting down one by one! And unlike in Germany, GT-R's are revered here. Actually we were the ones who coined them Godzillas way back in 1992 when the GT-R beat the 348 and 964 in a Wheels magazine comparison. But back to the Guilia. We have lots of Italians here who buy Ferraris and Mesaratis, but I don't think too many people will buy the hot Guilia over a C63/M3 unless it's priced 20% lower. 

Same here. If Alfa Romeo wants to put a boot on the ground (again), they need to be highly competitive with their prices. Maserati was a different story with a different background and different customer base.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/magazine/digital-preview-of-the-new-issue-of-car-magazine/

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 991 GT3, 1994 993C2 6spd RS spec, 2016 Cayman GT4 (on order)

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/features/car-culture/ten-good-men-and-giulia-car-november-2015/

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

macca993:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/features/car-culture/ten-good-men-and-giulia-car-november-2015/

Excellent article! Smiley Thanks.

This car sounds very promising indeed.

--

Well the article is very nice, and this time maybe they will have done a really cool car, finally from scratch and not the usually compromise that have made them get only halfway to a cool car

i could think buying one qv if it goes as they say

--

993 c2

I really like the car, more than the M3. The only concern is the resale value, this will affect sales. The BMW route is more rationale, but Alfa is all about passion.

--

1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2014 Mercedes A45 AMG - 2013 Mini Cooper S

I love the car and if its as good as they say I dont care about resale value...

--

bluelines:
    macca993:

Nobody drove it or even started the engine...

7.40min or something is official Alfa Ring time...

First cars will be a 6 speed manual only and DCT is coming later...

Expectations are sky high since Alfa is playing a much as possible on "emotions" game. Will it deliver? Especially since price will be at M3/M4 level? 

I am moderately sceptical.

Me too. But imagine if it did. It already looks "the real deal". I have driven new M4 and it is flawed. It may have better residual but life is short. Im prepared to give Alfa the benefit till we hear the first test drive reports in the next 6-8 weeks. cant wait...

--

KresoF1:
    bluelines:
    macca993:

Expectations are sky high since Alfa is playing a much as possible on "emotions" game. Will it deliver? Especially since price will be at M3/M4 level? 

No one had driven or started the engine on the AMG GTS either, still we summed up 100 pages about it's future magnificance Smiley

--

bluelines:
    KresoF1:
    bluelines:
    macca993:

No one had driven or started the engine on the AMG GTS either, still we summed up 100 pages about it's future magnificance Smiley

Wasn't that actually Kreso only? Smiley Smiley

--

Yes, I was.

And since HvS achieved 7.35min Ring time I was right after all. At least on the Ring AMG GT-S is as fast as 991.1 Turbo S.

But, it do not have "emotion" claim that Alfa is trying to sell as hard as possible.

KresoF1:

Yes, I was.

And since HvS achieved 7.35min Ring time I was right after all. At least on the Ring AMG GT-S is as fast as 991.1 Turbo S.

But, it do not have "emotion" claim that Alfa is trying to sell as hard as possible.

Kreso, what about your new avatar ? 

--

Used  GT3, late 2014 car. 

After having it almost a month I realized  both positive and negative aspects of the car. Can't drive it too much right now since weather here is bad, highest amount of rain in last 10 years or so.

Also, will definitely get 991.2 C4S Coupe. 

Regarding sportscars from now till some future only Porsche for me. 

KresoF1:

After having it almost a month I realized  both positive and negative aspects of the car. Can't drive it too much right now since weather here is bad, highest amount of rain in last 10 years or so.

It looks good on your avatar Smiley Congratulations . Here the weather is getting cold too, will not be driving my RS much longer before I store it until spring .  Negatives ? I suppose ride hight , attention from back wing , semi-slicks on the cold roads  and that ' s it ! Smiley

--

KresoF1:

Post some pictures if you please. It looks good with ceramics(?).

Some driving impressions too.

--

"Form follows function"

KresoF1:

Looks like the factory GT3 my dealer offered a few weeks ago? Smiley Have you bought it in Germany?

--

Almost the same specs as your dealers car. Just, basic Black color instead of metallic, no red stitching  and I have lift. Yes, bought in Germany with little bit more then 6000km on clock to be in EU used car category. I oayed pretty decent price for it. Many thanks to my P source who tiped me for the car since it was not advertised on mobile.de or Porsche used car offical site.

As soon as weather improves I will took a lot of pics and post them here. 

Btw, I should listen to your advices and get 991.1 GTS Coupe since it would fit my needs better. 

The GT3 is a great car, I don't think you did anything wrong. Congratulations. kiss

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM