Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Giulia laps the ring in 7.39

http://www.alfaromeopress.ch/download/CH/2011/ALFA_ROMEO/PRESS/20150915_IAA_Frankfurt/MM_AlfaRomeo_IAA_DE.pdf

sorry only in german ..

just got prices .. for switzerland ..

standard is 87k chf and with ceramic brakes and carbon seats is 103k chf

Like I said before...rumored 79800 EUR price tag for the base model in Germany, this includes 19% VAT.

For an Alfa Romeo, this may be a tad too expensive but maybe dealer will get incentives from AR to offer good deals.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

to compare .. a fully spect c63s with ceramic brakes and some shiny stuff is BRUTTO chf 150k plus ! list price

What is C63 NBR lap times?

SciFrog:

What is C63 NBR lap times?

as fas as I know nothing official from mcb or another tester yet .. any one have more info ?

Hmmm if they priced it at that sort of differential to a C63S over here, I will certainly get one. I currently have a M3 and M4 with a C63S coming. Why not add Guilia to the party! 😁😂

RC:
    bluelines:
    RC:

And your GT4 as well...but not my Shelby. 😉

...but I don't care Smiley

Neither do I. Smiley

...lies ! Smiley

This stuff reminds of when the Nissan GTR came out....and we all know what happened with that. No one could match the time.

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2014 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab 2014 BMW i3

EnglishManInNY:

This stuff reminds of when the Nissan GTR came out....and we all know what happened with that. No one could match the time.

Smiley Smiley The legend lives on... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Jeronimo:

to compare .. a fully spect c63s with ceramic brakes and some shiny stuff is BRUTTO chf 150k plus ! list price

Most C63 S sedans go for 100-120k EUR in Germany, well or almost fully optioned.

The Giulia is around 100k EUR, fully optioned (I think).

Not much difference if you ask me. Alfa Romeo's reputation isn't exactly the best right now and resale value should be pretty bad (vs. Mercedes).

Also, Mercedes dealers usually have very good offers for their cars, incl. some pretty interesting lease offers.

Alfa Romeo will have a tough time to beat that...

--

In the price of a car it is not just speed which is included. Things like robustness, longevity, quality of materials even the quality of small things (hinges, instruments, rubbers etc)  also count.

If all is taken into account you cannot compare a Mercedes to a FIAT Group car.

I wouldn't buy a 500PS Alfa Romeo even at 40.000 EUR.

P.S. In my family we owned 4 Alfas and 1 Lancia so my opinion is not simply out of prejudice.

--

"Form follows function"

talking against a wall here .. no one forces you to like or buy the car .. don't see your problems guys hahaha ..

every ferrari is "the same" every aston and so on

and used market for AMG is down as fck .. you get 1-2y old AMG with 20tkm for half price ! so not really the deal of the year to buy new haha

reginos:

In the price of a car it is not just speed which is included. Things like robustness, longevity, quality of materials even the quality of small things (hinges, instruments, rubbers etc)  also count.

P.S. In my family we owned 4 Alfas and 1 Lancia so my opinion is not simply out of prejudice.

This could actually prove to be Alfa Romeo's biggest challenge. Smiley

I had a (semi-?)professional relationship with Lancia and my experience is very mixed (to say at least). Loved the cars but the quality apparently depended on how well the worker at the factory had slept at night or if his mama made him his favorite spaghetti the day before or not. Smiley Seriously, the parts used and engineered were top notch but build quality was... Smiley

Fiat? My first and only Fiat, I sold it after only one year. Bought the car new, after one year I was able to shovel the rust out of the doors...incredibly bad quality.

Then, take Chrysler: The Jeep is nice and all, the tech OK but there are always software updates to apply and the quality feel is sub-par for a 85k (official price, I paid 20k less) EUR car.

For 70k EUR for a fully optioned car, the new Giulia could be tempting but for 100k EUR? I doubt it. Maybe AR surprises us in a good way though.

--

Let's wait until the tests come out kiss For now it looks like a great "comback" from Alfa in the sports segment at a very competitive price. If the tests are within 2-3 seconds off the manufacturer's claim, then very impressive. If on the other hand they are 10-20 seconds slower then I will dismiss this car as typical italian: loud and chatty, but little content angryindecision 

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

bluelines:

Let's wait until the tests come out kiss For now it looks like a great "comback" from Alfa in the sports segment at a very competitive price. If the tests are within 2-3 seconds off the manufacturer's claim, then very impressive. If on the other hand they are 10-20 seconds slower then I will dismiss this car as typical italian: loud and chatty, but little content angryindecision 

amen brother ... haaaaaaaaaaaaalleeeeeeeeeelluujaaaaaaaaaa Smiley

RC:
    noone1:

4C designer's kid goes to my friend's gymnastics gym. I'll pass the word along! ;)

Centro Stile Alfa Romeo...it was a whole design team, not only one designer. 

I guess you were joking? Smiley

I think he was the head of design or maybe the project. I forget. Chinese auto companies are apparently trying to get/poach lots of foreign talent.

if the alfa would be 50% of the respective competitors one might consider....but not at 80-90% of the price

even the 4C (which i quite fancy as a little toy car) is totally out-ruled at its rrp

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

we just have to wait and see how really fast it is, if it is so fast 79.000 is quite a cheep price for a car that have 510 hp 307 kmh and 0-100 km/h in 3.9

They should have done it just better looking in my opinion. in term of prestanda and mechanics, no one can say that the car is bad!

just need the see if it is true.

--

993 c2

RC:

Saw a black 4C Spyder (dealer car?) in Beverly Hills (next to Rodeo Drive) and it sounded amazing. Not sure if the original car sounds like that but if it does...good job Alfa Romeo. Also so a 991 GT3 there, love these new(?) California license plates in black with yellow lettering.

Photo?

reginos:

40k you pay for a well specced 2.0t FWD (list). 75k list price sounds ok for a car with this engine and brakes plus matching interior and exterior. Of course with discounts you may get it at 65k. I am a big fan of Italian cars (we had a number of Fiats, one Alfa and one Lancia) but only in the value segment (<25k). I will never pay more than 30k for a Italian car (with the exception of Maseratis and Ferraris but again I wouldn't buy the Maserati new).

wantone:
    RC:

Saw a black 4C Spyder (dealer car?) in Beverly Hills (next to Rodeo Drive) and it sounded amazing. Not sure if the original car sounds like that but if it does...good job Alfa Romeo. Also so a 991 GT3 there, love these new(?) California license plates in black with yellow lettering.

Photo?

This is the only (car) photo I took in Beverly Hills, kind of looked more interesting. Smiley This is in front of the Bijan store...the store has it's own parking space and parking meter. Smiley

bij.jpg

--

Do customers have to drive a car that's colour-matched to the meter?  

--

fritz

fritz:

Do customers have to drive a car that's colour-matched to the meter?  

Smiley Here is a shot (not taken by me) showing the store and the owners Bugatti Veyron.

04-2.jpg

--

RC:

Saw a black 4C Spyder (dealer car?) in Beverly Hills (next to Rodeo Drive) and it sounded amazing. Not sure if the original car sounds like that but if it does...good job Alfa Romeo.....

That was most likely fitted with the optional Racing Exhaust which is loud (it came as standard on the Launch Edition cars). There is also a factory approved Akrapovič exhaust system coming for the car. The more regular style headlights are now an option on both the coupe and spider in the EU.

For those that think the 4C is over priced I suggest you haven't looked at the materials used in the construction of this very low volume car which are very costly to produce. The carbon tub is hand laid for example which is extremely labour intensive. I am pretty sure Alfa must struggle to break even on the cost of manufacturing these cars but as a halo model they have kept interest in the brand alive. It is insanely good fun for the money IMHO and I read another owner on F Chat liken it to a being a mini version of his Scuderia which is exactly how I see mine.

ISUK, do you know of any UK Alfa dealer with a 4C (or better still a 4C Spider) demo?

Motorvogue in Northampton have a low spec black standard edition car in their showroom and their sister dealership in Bedford have a higher spec standard edition in metallic 8C red in their showroom. Redline cars in Yorkshire have a metallic red spider and Suffolk 4x4 Sales have a yellow spider. You should find details of them all on Pistonheads classifieds or Autotrader. There are a few dealers closer to London with a variety of cars both new and used as well. (Thames in slough for example).

The market for these cars is slow as I suspect buyers are wary of the historic reputation of Alfa. Perception always lags behind reality and at some point the future, once Alfa has rolled out the Giulia and the forthcoming SUV models,  the market will wake up to the 4C IMHO. I had the pit stop programme carried out on mine which involves the fitment of the latest front dampers and gearbox software and it has transformed the handling of the cars. I doubt UK journalists will revisit their opinions but a friend of mine knows Chris Harris and he apparently rates the 4C highly as a fun car for what that's worth. Just don't expect Cayman levels of refinement. The 4C is much rawer and less cosseting but gives a greater feeling of fun at saner speed levels on the road due to the stripped out nature of the cabin, noise from the engine directly behind you, stones pinging off the carbon tub below etc. It is much more visceral at average speeds where the refined Porsche is almost GT like. The Alfa will happily pootle along in traffic in auto in Normal mode though.

I was in touch with Alfa just behind Selfridges. They were hopeless.

Thanks for info on dealers. I will try Thames in Slough and the Suffolk (I go there regularly).

Was the pit stop programme on yours done FOC?

Yes, the Pitstop upgrades are FOC on the early cars. I don't know how long this programme will be run for as the engineers came over from Italy to do it and carried out the process at two sites -  Alfa GB's head quarters in Slough for Southern based owners and a site in Manchester for Northern based owners.

Prices for 4C in Germany have kind of dropped lately, even official dealers sell new cars for up to under 8k EUR under the new car price tag, which is surprising. In the past, they sold the cars over MSRP.

--

Just spoke to Thames .. very helpful

4C Spider "demo" (manager's car, not demo) due in about 4 weeks,they have agreed to let me drive it.

It appears there is no waiting list of any kind.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759859 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433907 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259789 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256934 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80620 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5308 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870807 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805890 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM