Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari California T ‘Vettel Edition’

Rossi:
    JR-550:

Vettel edition? a good reason for me not to buy this car!!!

Well, an Alonso edition wouldn't sell that well either. Smiley

Smiley

koko:

Never gonna happen !!

I hope so, but you can't be sure about this anymore.

The modern day economics of auto manufacturing necessitate larger production runs, component sharing and economies of scale to stay consistently financially healthy. The  limited manufacturer will be a thing of the past particularly since the modern investors and managers are not romantic but very ruthless looking for very rewarding returns for their money.

Besides "junior supercar" prices cannot keep rising to compensate for inefficiencies, given that today power and performance are very available in more mainstream cars at reasonable prices. The 1970s when a Ferrari could do 250km/h and the rest of the traffic was unsafe at 150km/h are long gone.

--

"Form follows function"

crayphile:
    koko:

Never gonna happen !!

I said the same thing about Porsche.Smiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

nberry:
    crayphile:
    koko:

Never gonna happen !!

Everybody said that and now everybody seems to drive a Cayenne or Macan... Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

After last Sunday's F1 race at Spa maybe there will be a "Vettel Edition" Pirelli tire

You can create your own right now. Get one Pirelli tire; make a deep (but not too deep) cut in the sidewall; drive at high speed until tire Vettelizes.

Poor Nico Rosberg, he can't get credit for anything. He did the tire trick a couple of days before Vettel, but Vettel gets all the credit for discovering it.

...also the "Raikkonen California T Edition" badges automatically vaporize at the end of 2016!

Alonso at least got a 599 edition, Vettel only gets a entry level Cali T. That's some kind of pecking order.

Wonder if they had reserved a Fiat 500 for the Raikkonen edition angel

--

... and all those gorgeous new special editions will come with a FREE (!) black sweater in the boot! angry

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Whoopsy:

Alonso at least got a 599 edition, Vettel only gets a entry level Cali T. That's some kind of pecking order.

Wonder if they had reserved a Fiat 500 for the Raikkonen edition angel

SmileySmileySmiley

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

Rossi:
    nberry:
    crayphile:
    koko:

Never gonna happen !!

Everybody said that and now everybody seems to drive a Cayenne or Macan... Smiley

Smiley

Touché!

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

After one year Ferrari will send you new "Bottas" badges for your "Raikkonen Edition"......

Rossi:
    nberry:
    crayphile:
    koko:

Never gonna happen !!

I hardly see the new Cayenne nowadays and the Panamera has become a scarce product which isn't attractive (Price wise & Guise) or in a high demand -  250k EU for an Exclusive series ? Seriously  Smiley

The Macan will end up with the same fate, once they start to become greedy and raise the price on all types of non-sense they plan to add to the car. Especially being a facelift and all new car with less fuel consumption and more electronic issues Smiley

Although I like the Panamera but every single person I know that got one ended up not liking it for some reason. Even the big Pirsche fan boys.

BiTurbo:

I hardly see the new Cayenne nowadays and the Panamera has become a scarce product which isn't attractive (Price wise & Guise) or in a high demand -  250k EU for an Exclusive series ? Seriously  Smiley

Porsche sold 2.900 Panamera variants in the USA alone during the first 7 months of 2015. A very nice sales figure that at the same time keeps the large Porsche in the exclusivity domain. Their global target has been 20.000 since the beginning.

For me the facelifted Panamera styling is very attractive compared to other large cars and the best one for drivers in its segment.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    BiTurbo:

Porsche sold 2.900 Panamera variants in the USA alone during the first 7 months of 2015. A very nice sales figure that at the same time keeps the large Porsche in the exclusivity domain. Their global target has been 20.000 since the beginning.

For me the facelifted Panamera styling is very attractive compared to other large cars and the best one for drivers in its segment.

Exclusivity ? do you know how many are sitting in the showrooms collecting dust ? or should I say discount tag + extended warranty & service gets them moving  Smiley the other problem is, whoever buys one ends up selling it in less than a year. Why ? hmmm Smiley

So you have full information about every single of the 20.000 Panamera sold around the world annually. How much it was sold for, with what discount and how long they have been kept by the original owner heart I wonder how large and stratified your sample is to draw your conclusions with any degree of confidence.

All manufacturers are giving incentives to move their cars from time to time, with the exception of some very special models. Nothing startling if such methods are used by Porsche for some of the more mainstream models in some markets or parts of those.

As to exclusivity as defined by numbers and relative scarcity, the Panamera is more exclusive than other large cars from the premium manufacturers. And a pleasure to drive for a car in the F-segment.

--

"Form follows function"

Funny thing, most people I know did end selling their Panamara less than year.

How many are these people you know, relative to the 20.000 new owners per year?

When we view the world from a hole we cannot have a spherical view in order to draw conclusions. This applies to all other issues too.

Generalize from the specific.
    --

"Form follows function"

BiTurbo:
    Rossi:
    nberry:
    crayphile:
    koko:

Never gonna happen !!

Don't worry, they are all here in Zürich Smiley Cayenne is probably one of the most common cars here. Closely followed by the Panamera and soon to be overtaken by the Macan. Only Audi station wagons are more common...

--

reginos:

So you have full information about every single of the 20.000 Panamera sold around the world annually. How much it was sold for, with what discount and how long they have been kept by the original owner heart I wonder how large and stratified your sample is to draw your conclusions with any degree of confidence.

All manufacturers are giving incentives to move their cars from time to time, with the exception of some very special models. Nothing startling if such methods are used by Porsche for some of the more mainstream models in some markets or parts of those.

As to exclusivity as defined by numbers and relative scarcity, the Panamera is more exclusive than other large cars from the premium manufacturers. And a pleasure to drive for a car in the F-segment.

--

"Form follows function"

I'm not drawing any conclusions, I believe what I see and the information I receive from close sources from within my P dealer.

Seeing a new Panamera on the road these days is close to impossible (in my case) since the S-Class W222 was launched, or do I need to strap a GoPro on my dashboard for proof ? Smiley

The incentives you're talking about didn't apply on the Panamera until they realized that nobody even bothered to ask about its starting price, let alone a lease, particularly because of the way it's priced, maintenance cost and lack of space. How many out of those 20,000 cars you think is a V8 Turbo or Turbo S and not the overpriced basic V6 with the least options + V6 turbo which replaced the V8 N/a  Smiley  for the same price I can pick up an S500 and have some $$ left over to play with options vs 150k EU for Panny S with minor options that I had a long list to follow with ticks Smiley

I'm not sure where they're trying to go with the next generation, but the pricing is going to kill this model for sure. Oh, and the depreciation is another big hit to the first owner and the second one has no clue what kind of maintenance cost he's about to face. Smiley

We we're discussing about Porsche future cars in the Ferrari dealer and everyone agreed, the 2 nimble sparrows are the GT3/RS and GT4 including the GTS which will soon end up with a turbocharged engine, everything else has turned into a bad tuna with mixed flavours Smiley

Porsche are the envy of the motor industry in terms of financial results. The critical ground where everything is decided  is the world marketplace and neither the web forums nor some people gossiping in a local Ferrari dealership.

BTW Ferrari are beginning to see the light under Marchionne, who has realized that the famous marque has to be run as a business and make serious money and not as some kind of medieval Cult. Something which Porsche have understood and initiated 20 years ago.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Porsche are the envy of the motor industry in terms of financial results. The critical ground where everything is decided  is the world marketplace and neither the web forums nor some people gossiping in a local Ferrari dealership.

BTW Ferrari are beginning to see the light under Marchionne, who has realized that the famous marque has to be run as a business and make serious money and not as some kind of medieval Cult. Something which Porsche have understood and initiated 20 years ago.

--

"Form follows function"

luca left the medieval cult in an extremely healthy financial state. marchionne just a different business model, but luca did very well financially.

reginos:

+1 Smiley

--

pmarkow:
    reginos:

--

"Form follows function"

luca left the medieval cult in an extremely healthy financial state. marchionne just a different business model, but luca did very well financially.

There was a lot of hidden subsidization from the old FIAT Group. Now that FCA is a more serious business entity subject to stricter rules such things have to stop and hence Marchionne's change of business strategy.

LdiM was great for Ferrari in various capacities for many years, but times have changed.

--

"Form follows function"

I still see some facelift Panamera around, but they are all base or S version... The new S class is everywhere in comparison. Porsche has a huge problem with Panamera pricing vs the Cayenne IMHO. And even more vs the Macan.

SciFrog:

I still see some facelift Panamera around, but they are all base or S version... The new S class is everywhere in comparison. Porsche has a huge problem with Panamera pricing vs the Cayenne IMHO. And even more vs the Macan.

+1 on the S class. They are everywhere !!

koko:
    SciFrog:

+1 on the S class. They are everywhere !!

The production capacity for the S class is almost 500 units per day. No surprise you see them everywhere including taxi ranks in many cities. It is a luxury car for the many.

--

"Form follows function"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690806 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410067 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256152 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235378 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65734 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858737 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775022 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM