Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

pierre:

But nothing beats low-level flying in the swiss alps with a fighter jet. Smiley

did you have to use a sick bag Smiley

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

Woah Pierre, there have to be some stories involved! Can't imagine there are a whole lot of western people who flew the legendary Halo! Was that with the skydiving?

And regarding flying jets in the alps... just wow. There must be only one thing more awesome than flying a fast jet, and that is flying a fast jet low level. Then there is only one thing more awesome than flying a fast jet low, and that is flying a fast jet low through the alps! But I believe those pilots aslso thoroughly enjoy doing that, judging from movies like this: https://youtu.be/VJD4KlmF3Ag

Anyway, Pilot, it's time to post some more awesome 997 RS pics mate, otherwise this thread will veer hopelessly off topic as well, and before you know it, we find something we can blame Obama for... angry

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Missing this photo shoot a lot ...

The visit to Palm Springs after last Christmas was, for me personally, a very emotional one. A lot of memories seemed to merge with the blink of an eye while my honey posed for me in bitter cold morning conditions. cool

@Gnil:  Thank you for your quick reply. I appreciate the information. I'm glad that you and your family had a smooth flight. kiss

@Joost: Absolutely, but hey, it is an old Rennteam tradition. smiley As I indicated to Gnil, I don't mind the deviation because it involves the love for flying.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Bit late now, but hey, Pilot: lovely pic of the air vents - the lighting works really well..

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

Bit late now, but hey, Pilot: lovely pic of the air vents - the lighting works really well..

Thanks, it t is one of my favorite options. I still remember the doubts I had before finally deciding to go for the deviating red color. I'm so glad I did it in the end.

--

Resistance is Futile

My never ending love story for the RS. I never had a car where people actually left notes with phone numbers so I can call and discuss them buying my car. Even 991 GT3 customers at my dealership were all over it during my last visit. One of them was an ex-997 RS owner.

The U.S. prices for all GT cars are crazy. The dealer just sold a 991 RS for 60K over. heart

--

Off topic again! smiley

Today is the day I crossed into 11,000 flight hour territory!

I cannot put into words how happy I am to reach this mark. To put it into perspective, I spent about 458 days (or one year and almost 8 months) in the air and I love it more than ever!

I was on a training mission with a pilot from Southern California Edison (SCE) and we were doing emergency procedures in an Ecureuil ;-)

Here is to more fun to come... kiss

--

Whoops! I just noticed a typo: it is about 3 months and not 8... I must be getting ahead of myself. angry

--

Congrats mate! Must be a real milestone.

Loving the last pic btw!

--

Thanks Joost, it is another milestone in my flying endeavors. This particular landing zone is located in the San Gabriel Mountains, with the Mojave Desert in the background. The outside air temperature bumped the density altitude to near 11,000 feet.

On a side note, my daughter came up with a good reason for why I like the color scheme of this aircraft so much... it reminds me of chocolate! She can see right through me haha Smiley

--

Beautiful pics, Pilot.

You sure know how to enjoy yourselves, good luck to you and yours...kiss...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October.

Stunning pictures ! congrats on all the flight hours !

Here is to an endless summer...

Soon it will be just warm memories of a great time! Memories are what keep me motivated and help me stay focused and propel me into the future, a bold one I hope ;-)

Associations have a marvelous effect on the mind, like listening to music from Pink Floyd. An endless ocean of good times from the past flooding the present. smiley

@throt:  Thank you for the kind words. You too have a great summer and many happy GT3 moments to come!! indecision

@Enmanuel:  Thanks buddy, I'm very happy to share those good times with you guys here on Rennteam :) kiss Also, all the best for your California stay!

--

Pilot:

Associations have a marvelous effect on the mind, like listening to music from Pink Floyd. An endless ocean of good times from the past flooding the present. smiley

Smiley  And as time passes this gets stronger and stronger 

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

I still remember the scent of my first girlfriend's perfume... every now and then I catch a hint of that same perfume, and it still gives me butterflies!
    --

Incredible, congrats on reaching this milestone. I know i love the skies, and I will someday start my hobby license or at least I want to be in the air somehow..

--

1991 BMW 535i Granitsilber/White Leather

Ex: '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Flying with California Highway Patrol

It was another busy week for me. I was assigned, on short notice, to do flight training with pilots from CHP in preparation for their ATP flight test. This helicopter is a brand new aircraft-- it feels just like taking delivery of a new RS! Everything is very tight and precise, there are no scratches or chips, and of course, it still has the fresh new interior smell.

This aircraft is the latest Airbus Helicopter B3e version with a powerful turbine engine for high altitude performance. It also has an autopilot to assist with flying instrument approaches. The installed Garmin GTN 750 has a touch screen, making it easy for heavy iPhone users (smiley) to set up a flight plan. There is also an abundance of other features, like synthetic vision, which are pretty cool too.

One can only hope someone from CHP will bail me out one day if I get caught speeding in the RS... 

@Gnil:  I absolutely concur with your quote above. kiss

@Joost:  I know exactly what you mean!

@Atzporsche:  Thanks, and sounds like a great idea. Go for it!

--

cool! kiss

Nice!
    Could you take some pics of the synthetic vision in operation?
    Does it display the results on a HUD, or on the visor of the helmet? Or perhaps like the Apaches, on a monocle?

--

Impressions from today...

This is my second week flying with my pilots from CHP in preparation for their FAA ATP practical test. The photos are again taken with my iPhone (can't wait to get my 6S smiley). The first shot is a familiar angle, the second shows more switches than you want to handle, and the third one shows the synthetic vision in action on our primary flight display (PFD). The indicated airspeed is depicted in knots on the left and the altitude, shown in feet, is on the right. You can even see the islands offshore ;-)

@Lars997:  Agree :) This thing can make it all the way up to Mt. Everest (29,029 feet) !!

@Joost:  Unfortunately no HUD in this aircraft :(

Pretty cool stuff to balance driving the GT3 RS ...kiss

--

Thanks so much Pilot!
    And regarding your earlier expressed hopes; I'd offer these guys a ride in the RS, you can be sure they'll turn a blind eye one day ;-)

--

Good morning Joost ;-) Just got up and am getting ready for flying. Unfortunately no RS driving for me today, but that's not a bad idea to offer them a ride in it ...indecision

--

What is the main difference of such an helicopter? Is it the power or more agile? Also - I thought the EC135  is the most advanced helicopter in this class (but maybe double priced)? At least look wise the EC135 looks like out of this century while the Airbus looks a bit dated?

RS content ... broken heart

I snapped this shot of my rear suspension the last time I got new tires. I was surprised how clean and new everything still looked. The lack of brake dust thanks to the PCCBs probably helps, as does the weather and climate here in California. These brakes are just perfect-- I love the sharp bite and precision when decelerating from higher speeds.

@Lars997:  It is all about weight and a powerful engine that gives us the high performance and fun that we enjoy so much in our cars. Here is a link to the YouTube video of the flight to Mt. Everest. The B3 is an impressive helicopter just like the GT3 or RS is an impressive and highly desired car for the road and the track. kiss

--

Hehe, nice ADI kiss

i wrote all the graphics software for one of those once in a previous life indecision

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

Hehe, nice ADI kiss

i wrote all the graphics software for one of those once in a previous life indecision

Cool  kiss

--

A Matter of Reflections

Yesterday when I got out of the movies (saw "Mr. Holmes") and strapped myself into the RS cockpit I noticed this reflection on the leather dashboard ;-)  Aside from the crop, this iPhone pic is completely unedited! It is funny how it almost looks like a real two tone leather interior ...

On a side note, I'm starting to appreciate more and more the super small camera lens on the iPhone. I couldn't have done some of the aircraft cockpit shots that I posted above using a conventional camera and lens because there simply wasn't enough space.

--

Nice pic Pilot!
    How was the movie? Ever since my grandfather gave me his original dutch editions of some Holmes stories (printed in 1910s) as a small kid, I have always loved these stories. Would be nice to know whether this film does justice to the quality and the charachters of the original stories or whether it is just a typical hollywood flick...

--

Lars997:

What is the main difference of such an helicopter? Is it the power or more agile? Also - I thought the EC135  is the most advanced helicopter in this class (but maybe double priced)? At least look wise the EC135 looks like out of this century while the Airbus looks a bit dated?

Sorry Lars997 I just realized I never answered your questions.

The EC135, now also part of the Airbus family, is a heavier twin-engine helicopter and therefore is more costly to purchase and operate. The B3 is a single-engine helicopter and a lighter aircraft which is what we want for high altitude performance, speed and improved range. The latter is just a dream to fly, much like the GT3 RS is a dream to drive. Smiley

In terms of looks, I guess it's pretty subjective. I personally prefer the B3 over the EC135 because it looks less bulky and this also makes it easier to fly in strong winds.

--

Joost:

Nice pic Pilot!
    How was the movie? Ever since my grandfather gave me his original dutch editions of some Holmes stories (printed in 1910s) as a small kid, I have always loved these stories. Would be nice to know whether this film does justice to the quality and the charachters of the original stories or whether it is just a typical hollywood flick...

To be honest I am not all that familiar with the series myself so I can't really say if it stays true to the original stories. What I can say is that it was a well-made movie with great acting and emotional depth. Without giving away the whole plot: it focuses specifically on an aging Sherlock Holmes and his life after he left his career as a detective. As you'd expect there are familiar elements from his life of solving cases (and references to specific ones) but the film goes beyond that in scope to bring in the role of memory and it introduces extra complexity when it comes to unsolved cases or those that did not end as Holmes had wished. The film explores a more personal side of Holmes and the effect his career has had on his life. I would say it is definitely worth seeing :)

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690790 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410050 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256146 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235371 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65734 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858712 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775011 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM