Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Dammit...the itching started again (Audi R8 V10 Plus)

Saw this little puppy at my local dealer and I started salivating. 

I really want to get it but I'm not so sure... (price tag is 70k EUR under new price tag, this is a R8 V10 Plus, fully optioned with slightly over 15k km and a 2014 registration). Car still has warranty and gets a 3 years(!) warranty extension.

I love the sound and this model also has the new S Tronic (I think).

2015-08-10_11-05-22.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Re: Dammit...the itching started again (Audi R8 V10 Plus)

... a bit later then we had all expected. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

like the seats

that V10 is special

what colour is it?

sfo:

like the seats

that V10 is special

what colour is it?

Phantom black, fully optioned. I am pretty sure I can get this car for 105k if I try hard but I barely have time to drive my GT 500, so I'm not so sure... Smiley Of course I would also get it in the hope that it will be a very special car with that V10 but since the new one has a V10 as well, I'm not so sure it will keep its value over the years.

Naahhh, I will probably pass on it but I really like it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I'm not a pharmacist, but would this help?

anti itch spray.jpg

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

dreamcar:

I'm not a pharmacist, but would this help?

anti itch spray.jpg

Looking at my bank account (and the current Apple stock value) helped better. Smiley Smiley

Maybe later this year or next year... Smiley

--

RC:

Phantom black, fully optioned.

should have guessed, you only like black cars Smiley

Rossi:

... a bit later then we had all expected. Smiley

I'm gonna talk to Eunice so we can get that "I told you so" emoticon ready in time.

Lol I special love when RC says "So I'm set for the next X years" and then gets a new car 10 months later  Smiley  We love you for it RC.

Enmanuel:

Lol I special love when RC says "So I'm set for the next X years" and then gets a new car 10 months later  Smiley  We love you for it RC.

I could not have said it better! Smiley

That R8 V10 is a beauty. Sounds gorgeous too!

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Haha exactly! Christian, you're getting predictable! Smiley
    One of our users has this text in his signature: "The secret to life is admiring without desiring"... I have to remind myself constantly of that when I am around Rennteam ;-)

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Hi RC

Can You please send the link where I can see more details ?

Thanks

RC you really need a membership in a supercar rental club.

Eyyy..... how come? An R8 Audi? yes

You really must be bored.... go and get another hobby my friend! smileywink

Lars997:

+1

id rather get a used a Scuderia or MP4.

koko:
    Lars997:

+1

id rather get a used a Scuderia or MP4.

A 2014 model with slightly more than 15k km for 105k EUR and 4 years warranty (one year factory plus three years used car warranty) from a local (I am tired of driving 80 or even 170 km to the next dealer) dealer? Where? Smiley 

Relax, guys. I really like this car but I don't think I will do it. This is still a lot of money and I'm not so sure how well this model will keep it's value since this is not the last V10 in a R8. A friend actually told me to wait another two years or so until the first used "new" R8 show up on the used car market because prices of older R8 will drop further. 

--

pgouveia:

Hi RC

Can You please send the link where I can see more details ?

Thanks

The car is not on the internet right now...

--

Lars997:

You really must be bored.... go and get another hobby my friend! smileywink

Easier to maintain than a Gallardo. Smiley The engine sounds and drives fantastic and I really like the classic looking interior. This is also probably one of the rare "exotics" which actually do not "provoke" too much. Last but not least I was made aware (again) about the pressure on the car industry to reduce CO2 and fuel consumption. Meaning: Expect some very nice handling but also very boring cars showing up over the next couple of years. Now is the time to buy the old dinosaurs before it is too late.

You are so lucky you have your SLS, there won't be such a car again. I like to think that the R8 V10 Plus falls into the same category but since the "new" one has a V10 engine as well, I'm not so sure if the "old" one is worth it (keeping it's value). However, it has lost already over 75k EUR in one year only, so the loss cannot be much higher over the next couple of years (maybe another 20k or so if I am unlucky).

Btw: Have you heard the 2015 (or was it a 2016...latest model year?) E63 AMG? The sound has disappeared almost completely, you barely hear the V8. Oh boy... Smiley

--

RC:

If no S-tronic turn away unless you want a manual gearbox. R-tronic is Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

RC:

Relax, guys. I really like this car but I don't think I will do it. This is still a lot of money and I'm not so sure how well this model will keep it's value since this is not the last V10 in a R8. A friend actually told me to wait another two years or so until the first used "new" R8 show up on the used car market because prices of older R8 will drop further. 

That is exactly what you said about the GTS... Smiley We all know how that ended Smiley

--

I'm afraid these will drop in price even further once the new one appears on the road. I find them prettier than the new model though.

If it had a manual, then it would look different: the manual V10's might be a very good investment. 

reginos:
    RC:

If no S-tronic turn away unless you want a manual gearbox. R-tronic is Smiley

Yes, the "old" V10 Plus has the S Tronic and it works quite well. Smiley I may be wrong but it pretty much "feels" like the Porsche PDK, so maybe... Smiley

This is a fantastic car and I really want it but unfortunately my pockets say no. Maybe next time... Smiley

No, this is not the same situation as with the GTS, the GTS is my daily driver, I needed it. The R8 would be another weekend toy and car no. 2 in my (imaginary Smiley) car collection. I'm afraid my car collection will stay stuck with...one car only. The GT 500. Smiley Smiley Maybe next year, who knows?!

--

RC:

No, this is not the same situation as with the GTS, the GTS is my daily driver, I needed it. The R8 would be another weekend toy and car no. 2 in my (imaginary Smiley) car collection. I'm afraid my car collection will stay stuck with...one car only. The GT 500. Smiley Smiley Maybe next year, who knows?!

We all know, Christian Smiley

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

RC:

Saw this little puppy at my local dealer and I started salivating. 

I really want to get it but I'm not so sure... (price tag is 70k EUR under new price tag, this is a R8 V10 Plus, fully optioned with slightly over 15k km and a 2014 registration). Car still has warranty and gets a 3 years(!) warranty extension.

2015-08-10_11-05-22.jpg

Christian,

If it is the Facelift model, I would get it.

If my memory serves me correctly, V10 plus new price was around 150k + VAT. So we are talking something like 100k Euro including VAT. It is a bargain if you ask me.

I would definately buy it.

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

RC:
    sfo:

like the seats

that V10 is special

what colour is it?

Phantom black, fully optioned. I am pretty sure I can get this car for 105k if I try hard but I barely have time to drive my GT 500, so I'm not so sure... Smiley Of course I would also get it in the hope that it will be a very special car with that V10 but since the new one has a V10 as well, I'm not so sure it will keep its value over the years.

Naahhh, I will probably pass on it but I really like it.

I hadn't read this post when I wrote my 1st. So my price guess is right. Sell the GT500 and get this beast. Smiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Why would I want to sell the GT 500?  I love the Mustang (even if it attracts more attention than I expected).

This is a 2014 model, new price was 181k EUR, with all the goodies and improvements, incl. S Tronic, ceramic brakes, B&O sound system and whatnot but like I said before, it is a little bit out of my price range right now. I wish I could get it, the dealer is close by and friendly and the car gets a great warranty too but I think I have to pass on this one, it doesn't make any sense (financially). Maybe next year....

@Joost: I'm afraid no surprise this time...I cannot spend money I don't have. Smiley Smiley

--

spudgun:

I'm afraid these will drop in price even further once the new one appears on the road. I find them prettier than the new model though.

If it had a manual, then it would look different: the manual V10's might be a very good investment. 

The new, more powerful V10 is almost 200k euro including VAT. This car is half the price .

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

RC:

Why would I want to sell the GT 500?  I love the Mustang (even if it attracts more attention than I expected).

This is a 2014 model with all the goodies and improvements, incl. S Tronic, ceramic brakes, B&O sound system and whatnot but like I said before, it is a little bit of my price range right now. I wish I could get it, the dealer is close by and very friendly and the car gets a great warranty too but I think I have to pass on this one, it doesn't make any sense (financially). Maybe next year....

If it doesn't make any sense financially, then just pass it. And why would you want to sell the GT500? Because if I were you, I would rather have this beast in my Garage then GT500. I don't like any American car. Any, including Ford GT40..

This is just my personal opinion since you ask. 

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

pride355:
    RC:

This is a 2014 model with all the goodies and improvements, incl. S Tronic, ceramic brakes, B&O sound system and whatnot but like I said before, it is a little bit of my price range right now. I wish I could get it, the dealer is close by and very friendly and the car gets a great warranty too but I think I have to pass on this one, it doesn't make any sense (financially). Maybe next year....

If it doesn't make any sense financially, then just pass it. And why would you want to sell the GT500? Because if I were you, I would rather have this beast in my Garage then GT500. I don't like any American car. Any, including Ford GT40..

This is just my personal opinion since you ask. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5hiSgO7Jq3I

The GT 500 (I have the 2014 model) is quite capable in the right hands but I have to admit that it can be a very dangerous car.

I love this car, I always dreamt of a Shelby Cobra but I cannot afford one, even good replicas cost beyond good and evil, so the 2014 GT 500 was the closest thing with the benefit that the tech is already quite reliable (minus the clutch, which still sucks but I replaced it with a twin clutch disc McLeod's RXT). The V8 sound of the GT500 is amazing and the performance quite impressive. I do not think the R8 V10 Plus can pull away, unless it would be faster than a 991 Turbo S (which it isn't). Smiley 

Many people think that my 2014 GT 500 is actually an "old" Mustang, a classic, which makes the car quite an attraction over here in Germany and many don't have the slightest clue how fast it is.

Yes, it makes all kind of noises and it certainly isn't the most reliable car I have owned (clutch said good-bye at 5000 km) but the power and performance make up for it and the sound...oh well...the V8 sound...just intoxicating. Smiley

--

"He was going all Ricky Bobby on that thing"

--

Christian, I also feel that itching lately, can you please show me your bank account. smiley

but hornestly I would only consider the spyder of the R8 V10. I think this is the real future classic and looks so much better. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765031 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436995 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261287 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258128 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82718 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877292 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809498 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM