Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Pilot:

You guys give me way too much credit for a simple point-and-shoot photo. Thank you guys! kiss It looks like Lava Orange was not so limit to begin with after all. smiley

For us it is more - it is being "life there" - Thanks for taking us with you and giving us those close insights!!!

Happy Legs... smiley

My lovely daughter posed for me last Saturday in the new skirt that she made for herself. I thought I would share some of them with the Rennteam audience to shake things up a bit. indecision

It was a hot morning even on the coast. We had breakfast at the Ritz and we were traveling in style- she loves this RS as much as we all do!!

Smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Thanks for sharing!

--

There is no try. Just do.

Haha shaking things up big time! I guess most members are dumbfounded by so much beauty smiley
    Lovely skirt, your daughter must be very talented. And even the color scheme matches the RSs!
    Here's to many more happy family moments! wink

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

she made it herself?  wow, she's good ! maybe there's a future there in fashion  

At first I thought it was your wife ! :-)

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

Enmanuel:

she made it herself?  wow, she's good ! maybe there's a future there in fashion  

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

1438356390020image.jpgWe also had an interesting flight in a helicopter today! 

--

GT3 RS - ready to answer the call.

The cockpit, either in the air or on the ground, is one of the happiest places for me.

I had lots of fun today. My daughter and I started out with an old fashioned picnic at her former University and followed it up with the new movie Mission: Impossible - Rouge Nation, which we enjoyed very much.

@Pentium:  Always welcome :)

@Joost:  Thank you for your compliments. A talented beauty indeed! I personally like the "Happy Legs" posting a lot-- just so fun, warm, and friendly.

@Enmanuel:  Yes, maybe there is. She has many fashion design and enjoys sketching new ones a lot. Last May she actually participated in a fashion show and showcased four of her dresses.

@Gnil:  Thank you! Some people actually do make that mistake. angry Where did you fly to that day? The picture looks cool!

@RC:  kiss

--

Thank you Lars997. kiss I can sometimes forget that people see the photos I take differently since they do not come into contact with helicopters as frequently as I do. I appreciate the reminder and will keep sharing these little snapshots with you all.

--

Pilot:

@Enmanuel:  Yes, maybe there is. She has many fashion design and enjoys sketching new ones a lot. Last May she actually participated in a fashion show and showcased four of her dresses.

That's great ! many congrats to her for that.   Smiley

And thanks for sharing more pics, looking good as always ! Smiley

Another snapshot ...

It was a hot day again and I tried to cool off over the water. Almost dropped my iPhone into the Pacific. smiley

I had the left rear door removed for this flight; this way I feel a lot more connect to the environment. We just have to be careful that nothing flies out of the cockpit and into the tail rotor. In that case we would most likely end up going swimming...

--

Incredible! - this stuff is just incredible...  Makes my life seem very humdrum by comparison...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Pilot:

...I had the left rear door removed for this flight; this way I feel a lot more connect to the environment...

Cool pic again, very ahm... abstract... Smiley
    Is that a standard feature for to have removable doors, or do you use of the emergency jettison mechanism?
    And in case of the latter, is it easy to place the doors back?

I can imagine the feeling of feeling connected. Before I started paragliding I often joined my dad to go flying gliders. One day I got offered a ride in this baby:

As opposed to the more standard gliders:

And I loved it! Finally an airplane where you could pop your head over the edge and look straight down, no wing interfering with the vistas below you... absolute great flight!

*Thread highjack mode OFF*

--

Joost:

*Thread highjack mode OFF*

Too late for that! This thread is already compromised. Smiley

I love your glider photos. Smiley A very pure form of flying. Regarding the doors, normally I have a sliding door on the left side but this particular bird, a leaseback (photos to follow soon), doesn't have this configuration, so I had to ask our mechanic to take it off. It is easy and only a 5 minute job.

Next week might be the week I crack 11,000 flight hours. Only 17 to go! Keeping my fingers crossed!

--

@Pilot: great shot ! I've flown on helicopters without the doors on and it really is an awesome experience, imagine that over the beaches of DR.

@ Joost: So jealous !! I've always wanted to fly in a glider, It just seems (like pilot said) such a pure form of flight, no engine noise or distractions, just flight. Always been a dream of mine to have a ride on one. 

Pilot:

@Gnil:   Where did you fly to that day? 

We flew around the Matterhorn . It was the most impressive flight I have ever done in my life . Mind blowing !

Here are a few ( lots , too many ? ) pics . Feel free to ask me to remove then form your threat . I do not want to  high jack it , but I did not know where to post them elsewhere .

( Click on the pics for better resolution )

Approaching the Matterhorn 

IMG_7303.JPG

IMG_7306.JPG

I was with my wife and my 3 boys

IMG_7307.JPG

here you can see the mountain climbers on top to the mountain !!!  

IMG_7314.JPG

the surrounding glaciers where you can ski all year around 

IMG_7318.JPG

IMG_7330.JPG

IMG_7353.JPG

And back to Zermatt

IMG_7365.JPG

--

Cool ! Did the same in Wintertime and we followed from "hoernli-huette" like a elevator the climing route to spot the climbers - was epic - and was in a alouette 315 B Lama - full glassy canopy with open engine drive etc - most memorable too ! 

Gnil, thanks for posting and sharing your photos of this flight. Very impressive views!! I'd have no problem flying this high, but climbing would be a different story ;-) I need to go and visit Switzerland soon again ...

--

John H:

Incredible! - this stuff is just incredible...  Makes my life seem very humdrum by comparison...

John, I'm glad you like this stuff. Smiley

--

Time flies in this RS

It never gets boring inside the cockpit. I always find something to do ... even when parked. smiley

Happy Sunday everyone!

--

Nice pics again Pilot!
    Eric, your pics of the trip to Matterhorn look amazing too!
    I have seen a photographic report of guy who climbed the Matterhorn and paraglided down, but those pics are nothing compared to your shot where you see the summit with those little people on there! And then to think that my great-grandfather actually climbed it back in the days! angel

--

Thanks Joost. I took these pics yesterday while I waited for my daughter to pick up some fabric for a new project of hers. Cool that your great-grandfather climbed the Matterhorn (I've only been on the ride at Disneyland... also back in the day. angrysmiley)!

--

The last time I voluntarily flew in a helicopter was in the 80s at Foz do Iguacu. The flight scared the hell out of me because the helicopter had mechanical issues and we almost dropped like a stone, the pilot was able to avoid a catastrophe at the last moment. The helicopter was a Bell 47, I think, one of those helicopters with that giant glass front.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Oh,  can imagine you try to avoid flying one after such an experience.
    Which leads me to the question; when did you involuntarily fly a helicopter and how did that come to pass?

The only time I flew in a helicopter was the evacuation flight after my paragliding accident. They tried to sedate me in advance, but I told them that it would be my first helicopter ride and that I wanted to stay awake :-)
    Sadly I was lying flat on a stretcher and didn't get to look around much, as my neck and back were stabilized. I was screaming to the doctor that I wanted the headphones on, because then I could listen to the pilot's conversation, but he just kept gesturing that I needed to relax... so when I kept screaming, he gave me the headphones to talk to me, but all I wanted was to listen to the pilot! Haha got a big thumbs up from the pilot when he heard that :-)

--

We avoid helicopters if possible. Last year we had scheduled a twin prop plane trip to get to a remote island but the plane had a technical and we had to take two choppers. The flights were pleasant but if possible I would still always opt for a plane instead. Maintenance on helicopters are three time what they are on planes. And now Paris imposes dual engine choppers, must be for a reason, when most helicopters in the world are single engine. Mmmm

Joost:

Oh,  can imagine you try to avoid flying one after such an experience.
    Which leads me to the question; when did you involuntarily fly a helicopter and how did that come to pass?

Army...old job...I always shut down my brain to be able to cope with it but it wasn't always easy.

The only time I flew in a helicopter was the evacuation flight after my paragliding accident. They tried to sedate me in advance, but I told them that it would be my first helicopter ride and that I wanted to stay awake :-)
    Sadly I was lying flat on a stretcher and didn't get to look around much, as my neck and back were stabilized. I was screaming to the doctor that I wanted the headphones on, because then I could listen to the pilot's conversation, but he just kept gesturing that I needed to relax... so when I kept screaming, he gave me the headphones to talk to me, but all I wanted was to listen to the pilot! Haha got a big thumbs up from the pilot when he heard that :-)

Luckily, I never needed the service of a flying ambulance but you really seem to be an aircraft enthusiast. Smiley

--

Hi Gnil, How did your family like the flight? Was it windy up there? What was the outside air temperature? This was an EC130 helicopter, correct? I thought the way you captured the flight was pretty cool. Smiley

Most of the time when I get above 10,000 feet I get kicked around quite a bit. On one winter flight, when I had my daughter in the back, I had to stop climbing because it was getting too rough. Smiley

--

Speaking of choppers... Among others, I got a few rides in a Mil-Mi 26. Quite a machine...

But nothing beats low-level flying in the swiss alps with a fighter jet. Smiley

Pilot:

Hi Gnil, How did your family like the flight? Was it windy up there? What was the outside air temperature? This was an EC130 helicopter, correct? I thought the way you captured the flight was pretty cool. Smiley

Most of the time when I get above 10,000 feet I get kicked around quite a bit. On one winter flight, when I had my daughter in the back, I had to stop climbing because it was getting too rough. Smiley

Hi Pilot, 

Yes, it was an EC130 and the flight was pretty comfortable , except at a few places where there was some strong wind . ( like near the top of the Matterhorn  at 14500 feet, and another place above a glacer ) But it only lasted a few seconds each time .  One or two ' drops' , when we came over a mountain to ' fall' behind made my wife have a little scream Smiley  .  We all enjoyed it extremely , but my wife, and a little bit myself, after 30 min of it , needed to put our feet back on solid grounds as our stomach were starting to want to reject what was in it . Smiley My kids wanted more of it .   

The pilot said the altitude makes people sick sometimes  . We had many changes of altitude .  Outside temperature must of been around - 5 celsius at the top , not really sure . Inside it was warm .  It was a pretty warm day for the mountains , as in the village it was around 24 C at 10 AM .  The limit for 0 C must of been at around 11400 feet . At that altitude it was very calm .

The pilot told us that when he goes out sometimes to do rescues, around the parts we flew, the wind makes it very dangerous and even he got scared a few times . But this was a very good day .

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688147 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408528 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255471 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234690 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM