Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari F12 Berlinetta / 599 GTO Successor

pmarkow:
    reginos:

Pimp elements have been present in some recent Ferrari and Lamborghini designs. They indicate where the money is these days.indecision

then how about the GT3 (RS)? does you pimp argument only apply to ferrari and for porsche it is form follows function????

The RS has that "ready to race" look and therefore some styling excesses blend into the design. It is also a homologation car for the racing 911s.

But generally speaking my favourite cars including 911s are the unadorned, no-frills ones.

--

"Form follows function"

crayphile: 

Jeez, tough reception on Rennteam for the tdf today Smiley SmileyNot sure I dare show mine when it arrives Smiley

Well, I didn't want to sound negative about it, i think the daring design by ferrari is a double edge sword, some details work, others im not sure about it. And I for one will very much appreciate reading about your experience once delivery takes place. My comment on color is based on the fact that I've always though long hooded cars look best in dark schemes. 

Whoopsy:
    koko:

Such a lazy effort from Ferrari. Even the name doesn't sound specialenlightened

dont they already got a shade of blue with the same name?!

YUP. 

Wait till someone tell you he has a TDF Blue  F12tdf

The new Ferrari naming motto. If someone sounds nice, say it twice! Ferrari LaFerrari anyone?

--

That someone would be me Smiley I was just saying that to my friends yesterday when they announced the name. Smiley

Interview with Ferraris F12tdf, From Rear-Wheel Steering to LaFerrari Track Time Menace http://www.autoevolution.com/news/interview-with-ferrari-s-f12tdf-from-rear-wheel-steering-to-laferrari-track-time-menace-100939...

Whoopsy:
    Turbo:

Whoopsy

Nothing will match my regrets more than me passing up an F1 for 8 million dollars a few years ago.
    --

Are you talking about a McLaren F1?

Yes. After Futch got his I went looking too. The price has since exploded.

Have you driven one before making the decision of buying one?

--

Being polite is so rare these days that it's often confused with flirting.

Whoopsy:

Sorry to disappoint, I won't have one coming, but I think crayphile do. 

Front mid engine cars still drives differently than rear mid engine though. But yes I believe the tdf will drive like a caged animal, ready to snap at anytime.

The standard F12 already has accomplished this job with PSS tires w/o turning traction control off Smiley happens a lot when tires are brand new or too cold.

Will the TDF get PS Cup 2 ? or Corsas ? maybe McLaren executives would suggest Trofeos are their best bet Smiley

If it's a semi-slick tire, goodbye traction and hello oversteer with a complete wipe out on any nearby object Smiley

Ok I'm one of the few here, but I absolutely love the design of the TdF! It's like a modern 250 GTO!  I was just telling someone that it's the most beautiful car I've seen this year. And I can just imagine it now in TdF colour.  Stunning stunning stunning! 

Turbo:
    Whoopsy:
    Turbo:

Whoopsy

Nothing will match my regrets more than me passing up an F1 for 8 million dollars a few years ago.
    --

Absolutely not, haha. I won't even care if my G-wagen drives better than the F1. It would have been my trophy car, that I got to own my childhood poster car. 

I only ever had 3 cars on the wall, the F1, the 959 and the Countach. Thanks to Clarkson and May, they ruined my Countach dream too though.

--

Mike S:
    Whoopsy:
    koko:

Such a lazy effort from Ferrari. Even the name doesn't sound specialenlightened

dont they already got a shade of blue with the same name?!

YUP. 

Wait till someone tell you he has a TDF Blue  F12tdf

The new Ferrari naming motto. If someone sounds nice, say it twice! Ferrari LaFerrari anyone?

--

That someone would be me Smiley I was just saying that to my friends yesterday when they announced the name. Smiley

Smiley Well, in that case, congrats. ANOTHER car. Hope you still have enough garage space Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Turbo:
    Whoopsy:
    Turbo:

Whoopsy

--

Absolutely not, haha. I won't even care if my G-wagen drives better than the F1. It would have been my trophy car, that I got to own my childhood poster car. 

I only ever had 3 cars on the wall, the F1, the 959 and the Countach. Thanks to Clarkson and May, they ruined my Countach dream too though.

So... are you in the market for a 959 then? Smiley

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Whoopsy:
    Turbo:
    Whoopsy:
    Turbo:

Whoopsy

--

The Countach was a terrible car. Exotic to look at but an uncomfortable beast to drive and even worse to park. 

I can understand the "car poster" /child idolized syndrome though. Mine were a Lamborghini LM, Bugatti EB110 SS and a Matra 670C. I've driven a Matra around the paddock but never in anger (still got to rev that wondrous V12) and came close to buying an LM despite the fact it's a terrible truck and they all stink of gas from their leaking gas tanks. I'd still love a EB110 despite the fact I already know the upkeep would make my mortgage payments look miniscule.  

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Joost:
    Whoopsy:
    Turbo:
    Whoopsy:
    Turbo:

Whoopsy

--

So... are you in the market for a 959 then? Smiley

Not actively looking. Doesn't like the Canepa modified ones. But if I come across a suitable one then yes I will pull the trigger. 

--

They are more than 15 years old so you can import one from Europe if you want. I believe there is a silver and a burgundy one in Canada already but both are comfort editions. If you are going to go through the trouble of buying one, get a Sport. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Absence of Pininfarina design touches is so obvious. This TDF thing will age so badly it will hurt enlightened  From tactile sense for design, they went to brutal tuning style aggression. 

Just look at this beauty, it looks damn romantic compared to grotesque creature called TDF (what a silly name) no

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Milanno:

Absence of Pininfarina design touches is so obvious. This TDF thing will age so badly it will hurt enlightened  From tactile sense for design, they went to brutal tuning style aggression. 

I keep asking myself whether Ferrari tried to combine both old world and new world customers on this car. The latter are far more common customers at tuner shops such as Hamann, Mansory etc. 

Ferdie:
    Milanno:

I keep asking myself whether Ferrari tried to combine both old world and new world customers on this car. The latter are far more common customers at tuner shops such as Hamann, Mansory etc. 

Here's one for your "new world customers":

ohmygod.jpg

--

fritz

fritz:
    Ferdie:
    Milanno:

ohmygod.jpg

If I am not mistaken, that is Lapo Elkann? Not exactly new world, but... anyhow... Smiley

Ferdie:
    fritz:
    Ferdie:
    Milanno:

ohmygod.jpg

If I am not mistaken, that is Lapo Elkann? Not exactly new world, but... anyhow... Smiley

You are not mistaken. He's not new world, but he apparently caters to that market .............

--

fritz

There is "new world" and there is "old world eccentric" sometimes they are not clearly distinguishable from one another. 

Lapo will never have the style and class of his grandfather...his role is more the family clown...
    --

Turbo:
    Lapo will never have the style and class of his grandfather...his role is more the family clown...

My first thought on seeing that photograph was that his choice of shoes was totally inappropriate.  Smiley

--

fritz

For me "new world customers" presents whole new group of buyers/drivers aiming to drive their super expensive cars as much possible. Lunatic showed few posts before presents people from past where super car is used as showpiece and not as machine that will bring you thrill & adrenaline. In Ferrari`s case, beyond adrenaline, new world customers aim for visual perfection too.

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

fritz:
    Turbo:

My first thought on seeing that photograph was that his choice of shoes was totally inappropriate.  Smiley

Can you believe that bozo makes GQs best dressed list every year Smiley

GQ has so much to do with gentelman style as a banker with honesty...nothing.

--

Turbo:

The new version of that statement is:

GQ has so much to do with gentleman style as a VW engineer with honesty...nothing. Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

koko:
    fritz:
    Turbo:

The press loves people like him, who change their clothes and styles almost on a daily basis. He gives them stories and especially photo opportunities, I'm not surprised.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

reginos:
    Turbo:

The new version of that statement is:

GQ has so much to do with gentleman style as a VW engineer with honesty...nothing. Smiley

That version has just been invented by bankers trying to distract attention from their own toxic (bundled loan) emissions.  Smiley

--

fritz

RC:
    koko:
    fritz:
    Turbo:

The press loves people like him, who change their clothes and styles almost on a daily basis. He gives them stories and especially photo opportunities, I'm not surprised.

it is difficult to grow up in a family like the agnellis. some become ultra-conformist like john elkann and others become rebels like lapo. once the rebellion is over the way to clown is short, unfortunately.

peter

This is what I was thinking about: Is he really a rebel or more of an attention seeking media whore? angry It can't be a coincidence that everywhere he goes, there is a Paparazzi present to take a shot of him. enlightened

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

This is what I was thinking about: Is he really a rebel or more of an attention seeking media whore? angry It can't be a coincidence that everywhere he goes, there is a Paparazzi present to take a shot of him. enlightened

he was a rebel and became what you say......or, in friendlier words, a clown:::)))

pretty similar to hubertus v HL. maybe what saves lapo a bit is that he is basically italian:::)))

p

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690277 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409611 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255913 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235148 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65628 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858317 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774544 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM