Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Aventador and SV

White colour suits the car very much. I might even say that it is ideal for this ferocious Bull.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

reginos:

White colour suits the car very much. I might even say that it is ideal for this Bull.

--

Agreed. Funny, I usually don't like white cars and only chose white because I was sure I will color wrap the car and white is a no cost option but now, I love this color on the Performante (and still don't like it much on my wife's C63 S Cab Smiley). It seems that the white color goes pretty well with the shiny black parts and forged carbon stuff.

Another advantage: It isn't an aggressive color, had so much positive feedback, unbelievable for such a car in Germany. Smiley I hope it stays that way. 

1558520236710tacho.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

RC:
    reginos:

White colour suits the car very much. I might even say that it is ideal for this Bull.

--

Agreed. Funny, I usually don't like white cars and only chose white because I was sure I will color wrap the car and white is a no cost option but now, I love this color on the Performante (and still don't like it much on my wife's C63 S Cab Smiley). It seems that the white color goes pretty well with the shiny black parts and forged carbon stuff.

Exactly!

Another advantage: It isn't an aggressive color, had so much positive feedback, unbelievable for such a car in Germany. Smiley I hope it stays that way. 

I am very happy the way things go for you. Perhaps people respect a car like that and they don't consider it foremost as a demonstration of wealth but as an indication of sportiness, passion, emotion and good taste.

--

RC:

1558520236710tacho.jpg

--

229 km/h during breaking in. Not bad 

Smiley

Smiley

--

RC:
    ... It isn't an aggressive color, had so much positive feedback, unbelievable for such a car in Germany. Smiley I hope it stays that way. 

I'm so happy for you to hear that Christian! I know getting a lot of negative reactions can totally spoil the joys of owning such a car. Looking for hearing some stories of the reactions you had. 

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

I guess as long as such a car is not used for posing one can pretty much go under the radar -  as far as one can say somthing like that about a "Lambo"... 

reginos:
    RC:

1558520236710tacho.jpg

--

229 km/h during breaking in. Not bad 

Smiley

Smiley

+1 SmileySmiley 

2300 km in a couple weeks? Wow! Where do you go? 

--

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

both amazing cars….congrats, gents

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

5500 revs in break-in! Nice.

RC:
    spudgun:

RC, when can we expect a review of your car? 

Already working on it but car needs to be broken in up to 2500 km (I already have 2300 km).

If you have any questions about the car, I can already answer them.

Otherwise, you need to wait until I finish the break-in period and write up everything. I also need to take some (better) photos and videos, not easy when you work and get home at around 7 pm.

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mercedes C63 S AMG Cab (2019), Range Rover Evoque Si4 Black Edition (2019)

I am at your service .. any time Smiley

996FourEss:

5500 revs in break-in! Nice.

This is the beauty of the Performante break-in: You never feel slow. 😂 

First 1500 km not more than 6000(!) rpm and no full throttle. From 1500 to 2500 km, you can gradually increase the max rev figure and over 2500 km, you're good to go. 😎

Top speed at 6000 rpm in 7th gear? 245 kph. 😂

--

As expected  angry

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/aventador/2019/2019-lamborghini-aventador-svj-first-test-review/

1/4 Mile: 10.3 @ 136.4 (SVJ) vs 10.4 @ 134.7 (SV)

BiTurbo:

As expected  angry

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/aventador/2019/2019-lamborghini-aventador-svj-first-test-review/

From 0-200 kph, the Aventador SVJ sucks. This car is looking amazing, performing amazing on the track and in curves but it is no drag racer or stoplight king. From 200 kph on though, this car pulls really hard...

If money is no issue and if people enjoy a good design (the details on this car are amazing), the SVJ is great.

Two things I don't like about it: The outdated middle console and the gearbox (although owners claim that it is much better than on any Aventador they owned before). I didn't drive the car long enough to have my own opinion but I may get the chance in a couple of weeks.

Another "issue": The successor is just around the corner, 2020. Rumors indicate a 900 hp hybrid V12 n/a engine but considering what Ferrari just did with the SF90 Stradale, I am pretty sure that Lamborghini is well advised to add a few horses. 

--

RC:
    BiTurbo:

As expected  angry

From 0-200 kph, the Aventador SVJ sucks. This car is looking amazing, performing amazing on the track and in curves but it is no drag racer or stoplight king. From 200 kph on though, this car pulls really hard...

If money is no issue and if people enjoy a good design (the details on this car are amazing), the SVJ is great.

Two things I don't like about it: The outdated middle console and the gearbox (although owners claim that it is much better than on any Aventador they owned before). I didn't drive the car long enough to have my own opinion but I may get the chance in a couple of weeks.

Another "issue": The successor is just around the corner, 2020. Rumors indicate a 900 hp hybrid V12 n/a engine but considering what Ferrari just did with the SF90 Stradale, I am pretty sure that Lamborghini is well advised to add a few horses. 

--

Forget about 1/4 mile that's only tip of the iceberg, did you go through the MT test ? Smiley

Do you mean this one?

--

Yes

BiTurbo:

Yes

The Aventador SVJ is definitely no show off, it is a car which needs to be pushed hard to achieve good numbers, especially on the track. Did they mention the tires used in Willow Springs? I can't access the link right now and I don't remember. 

There was a track comparison in the UK with the Senna, the GT2 RS and the SVJ and while the Senna and (modded!) GT2 RS were running on Trofeo R and Cup 2 R tires, the SVJ was running on Corsas. Not exactly a fair comparison. Smiley

--

Let me Copy - Paste it here angry

Trofeo R tires

Lamborghini Aventador SVJ First Test: Record Setter?

Can Sant’Agata’s biggest bull live up to its own hype?

Things to consider up front about the 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SuperVeloce Jota LP770-4, known colloquially as the SVJ: The 6.5-liter V-12 makes 760 naturally aspirated horsepower and 531 lb of torque. This frenzied, astonishingly angry bull has all-wheel drive, all-wheel steering, active aero, active aero vectoring, gooey Pirelli Trofeo R tires, and several square meters of carbon-fiber parts. Also, it was painted a stunning shade of matte green. Not sure that makes the SVJ quicker, but who knows? All the gory details of the SVJ are in our First Drive, but just know that the SVJ is the Nürburgring Nordschleife production car lap record holder, taking the crown from the Porsche GT2 RS.

In 2016 we tested the then-new 740-hp, 509-lb-ft Aventador SV, which I called Lamborghini's bloodiest axe. (The SVJ is bloodier, rest easy.) That particular monster weighed 3,900 pounds. The SVJ is heavier, by 2 pounds (3,902). The SV hit 60 mph in 2.6 seconds. The SVJ does it in 2.5. The SV ran the quarter mile in 10.4 seconds at 134.7 mph. The SVJ clips its predecessor by 0.1 second and travels at 136.4 seconds. You can see the new iteration is marginally quicker, but every little bit counts. Moreover, 10.3 seconds in the quarter mile is one of the quickest cars we've ever tested. The 3,167-pound, 711-hp McLaren 720S (which probably makes the same amount of power as the SVJ in reality) smashes the quarter in 10.1 seconds at 141.5 mph. Want to go quicker? You're looking at near 1,000-hp hybrid hypercars (918 Spyder, P1, LaFerrari). The 1,001-hp Bugatti Veyron went a quarter mile in 10.4 seconds at 139.9 mph.

When it comes to stopping, the SVJ is a mixed bag. Yes, it stops from 60 mph in 94 feet, which is world class, truly. However, no one among us likes how the brakes work. The stoppers just don't invoke confidence, and under real high-speed braking, the car squirms around. While our test team was running the SVJ around our figure-eight track, features editor Scott Evans rang me to say how much he didn't like the brakes. Seems as if he couldn't get the big bull whoaed down in time for a corner and ran wide enough to call me. Testing director Kim Reynolds told me the SVJ's brakes held it back from setting a truly remarkable figure-eight time. The SVJ took 22.5 seconds to complete a lap, which is an excellent time but behind several cars that make less power, notably its sibling, the 630-hp Huracán Performante (22.2 seconds), the 592-hp McLaren 600 LT (22.2 seconds), the 520-hp Porsche GT3 RS (22.0 seconds), and the Porsche GT2 RS (21.9 seconds, the quickest ever around our figure eight). The SVJ was able to pull 1.10 g on the skidpad. That used to be one hell of a big number.

As much as MotorTrend staffers didn't like the SVJ's brakes, our pro driver, Randy Pobst, hated them. I've known Randy for nine years, and he doesn't swear much. He's as close to a "golly gee willikers" type of guy as I've ever met. So imagine how badly my and Evans' ears were burning when Randy came in from his hot laps and angrily barked, "The fracking thing wouldn't stop!" Only he didn't say fracking. Just think how awful the Italian gentlemen who flew in from Sant'Agata to assist us with our laps felt. Yes, they were in earshot. And bilingual.

Randy's best lap of Big Willow three years ago in the Aventador SV was 1:25.42. I was hoping that the SVJ with Pobst at the helm would be able to beat the record he set in the GT2 RS, a crazy-quick 1:21.08. Alas, not even close. The new SVJ lapped the big track in 1:24.92. Quick, sure, but behind stuff like a Porsche GT3 manual (1:24.86), Corvette ZR1 (1:23.70), and the new Ford GT (1:23.69). Long story short, the brutal Lambo is the 15th quickest car we've ever run around Big Willow. Brakes were part of the issue, but I have an educated hunch that the SVJ's magnetorheological dampers weren't optimized for Big Willow's bumpier-than-crocodile-hide surface, further compounding the braking issues Randy experienced.

I was hoping the SVJ would be able to set the lap record, I really was. Not because I have any special love for Lamborghini, but because I just like when records get set. But, as a friend of mine who has owned several Lamborghinis always tells me when I bring up numbers, "Owners don't care." I don't totally agree with him, but I'll leave you with an anecdote. A friend of mine and her husband are thinking about buying an SVJ. She tells me that they know two people who recently took delivery of Jotas. One guy thinks it's the best Lamborghini he's ever driven. The other guy had it a week and returned it. "Let me guess," I said. "The guy that loves it actually takes the car up on winding canyon roads, and the guy who gave it back only drives around town hoping to impress people, yeah?" Yup! Makes total sense to me.

After spending nearly two weeks with this green beast the SVJ remains one of my favorite supercars and one of the greatest road cars I've ever driven. You just have to remember to push it. Hard. As for an absolute numbers car, you're going to have to look elsewhere. But do you care? I think not.

This is the kind of track the Aventador SVJ has been made for: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRsq35Et-EY

For shorter and slower tracks, the Performante is probably the better choice.

As much as I like the Aventador SVJ, this is a car you either love or hate. I consider it to be a driving piece of art, I just love how it looks and the driving pleasure is just the icing on the cake. Not sure however I would get one.

My daughter recently asked me: Listen, the Performante is apparently a dream come true for you (I already have 3700 km in the car and keep in mind that I can drive it on weekends only, car is not even a month old) but if you had the money, what additional car would you choose along the Performante? Just out of curiosity?

I thought hard about this and my answer was: Performante Spyder. 

I'm not kidding. 

In the family car/SUV department, I would probably say Urus or G63 AMG.

--

Saw a new SJV at the local dealership in a medium blue a couple of days ago. Stunning car and surprisingly quiet during startup as the car was being prepared for delivery.   There is one fortunate owner somewhere in Chicago today.   

RC:

This is the kind of track the Aventador SVJ has been made for: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRsq35Et-EY

For shorter and slower tracks, the Performante is probably the better choice.

As much as I like the Aventador SVJ, this is a car you either love or hate. I consider it to be a driving piece of art, I just love how it looks and the driving pleasure is just the icing on the cake. Not sure however I would get one.

My daughter recently asked me: Listen, the Performante is apparently a dream come true for you (I already have 3700 km in the car and keep in mind that I can drive it on weekends only, car is not even a month old) but if you had the money, what additional car would you choose along the Performante? Just out of curiosity?

I thought hard about this and my answer was: Performante Spyder. 

I'm not kidding. 

In the family car/SUV department, I would probably say Urus or G63 AMG.

I don't buy that video with factory driver, the thing is heavy as a mammoth  Smiley

It didn't seem to have much trouble around Hockenheim, while the brakes started to give up at Willow Springs Smiley

This is their track focused beast that's supposed to break records, not have issues with brake fades Smiley

I still remember how many times they recalled the early Aventadors due to engine overheating.

I drove the Aventador SV over a couple of pass roads, also very fast on the Autobahn during summer heat with a lot of braking. Never had a single issue with the brakes, drove the car for I'd say 200 km total. This doesn't mean it can't happen but seriously, I never heard that the latest Aventador models had any issues, including engine overheating issues. Smiley  I never heard of any issues with the SVJ brake system, the Motortrend article was the first mentioning it. Maybe something was wrong with the brake system or maybe the tires? Smiley

Why don't you buy the video with the factory test driver? The Aventador SVJ isn't much heavier than a 991.2 Turbo S and has much more horsepower and active aerodynamics. Smiley

The SV(!) was fast as hell on those pass roads, not sure I could have done better in the Performante. Wonderful car, only the middle console/entertainment system and gearbox seem to be outdated. I also don't really like the (felt) size of the car, no fun in the city but otherwise... Smiley

--

.........991.2 GT2 RS: 1:21.08

....................Ford GT: 1:23.69

...Corvette C7 ZR1: 1:23.70

991.2 GT3 manual: 1:24.86

......Aventador SVJ: 1:24.92 (+3.84s)

.........Aventador SV: 1:25.42 (+4.34s)

Nordschleife:

Aventador SVJ: 6:44.97
    ...991.2 GT2 RS: 6:47.30 (+2.33s)
    ...Aventador SV: 6:59.73 (+14.76s)

As usual, Aventador underdelivers in magazine tests.

I've lost faith in factory tests, especially the cars that are under VW's control  enlightened

BiTurbo:

I've lost faith in factory tests, especially the cars that are under VW's control  enlightened

I can't say much about the SVJ test but Sport Auto reviewed the Huracán Performante on the Nordschleife and they ended up with 7:08 min.

Not a bad time at all but Sport Auto had issues with the car, this is why the time is slower than the factory claim: 

1. They only were able to do one lap on the Nordschleife because afterwards, the testing got shut down by the Nordschleife officials because the car was way too loud (126 or 136 dB Smiley, I don't remember anymore). Usually, they do a couple of laps and choose the best time. Christian Gebhardt supposedly said in a private comment that he expected to do 7 min. flat, maybe even 6:59.xx in the Performante, so the car is capable, Lamborghini did not cheat. It is impossible to achieve the factory times because these are usually achieved under optimal conditions by drivers who know these cars very very well.

2. The Performante used for the test had power issues, the engine had only 606 hp or so, which is definitely a lot less than the official 640 hp power figure. For 34 hp less and the fact that they only had one try, the achieved 7:08 min time is pretty good.

--

7:08 is an impressive time, but I doubt your car or anyone else's Performante can get that close, if Sport Auto or any other journalist would give it a shot without the roll cage and the unknown setup / tune that car (with Italian plate) had angry

An interesting looking driver seat and door handle Smiley

Actually the Performante tested by Sport Auto was heavier than a standard car because of these extras rollcage and driver sport seat.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Weight went up due to the equipments installed, but the roll cage alone does wonders around the track to squeeze out better lap times.

BiTurbo:

Weight went up due to the equipments installed, but the roll cage alone does wonders around the track to squeeze out better lap times.

The roll cage does nothing in the case of the Performante. If manufacturers want to cheat, they have three ways to do it:

1. Power (Performante in the Sport Auto test was underpowered, not only in the dyno test but also when measuring straight line performance)

2. Weight (Performante in the Sport Auto test was heavier than standard Performante)

3. Tires (This is where manufacturers could cheat easily but Sport Auto usually checks the tires as well, so they don't use prototypes with better grip on the track).

All above three are way easier methods to cheat, especially the first and the third one. Smiley

I have over 4000 km on my Performante now, I've driven yesterday back to back with a GT3 RS and trust me, the Performante is not slow in curves and it doesn't need any extra stability, the body doesn't seem to move a bit. I have Corsa road tires, the GT3 RS had Cup 2s, so... Smiley Tire temperature was perfect for grip, on his and my car. The Corsa isn't really that slower on the Nordschleife btw., I heard that the Trofeo R gives you "only" 10 seconds or so on the Nordschleife. For amateur drivers, the difference would be probably only 5 seconds or even less, not really worth it. Unless of course you do more than one round, then the Trofeo R makes really sense. 

If you think Lamborghini cheats, I think you're wrong.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691051 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410173 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256222 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235417 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65746 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858820 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775122 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM