Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Aventador and SV

1438528994421image.jpg
    1438528994433image.jpg

Recently sold two cars so figured a new one could be welcomed. Turned out it will be a Macca 675 but another contender was the SV as I was impressed with its Nurburg lap time.  I test drove a standard car. In a few words, looks awesome especially it this spec, sounds awesome, drives pretty shit. Gearbox is too slow in sport and too violent in Corse. Ride is pretty good. Visibility is odd with a very inclined window. Seat is too high and not supportive at all. Steering is vague and the car feels unstable in heavy braking. I drove it back to back with a 650 and the Macca was so much better it was embarrassing for the big Lambo.

Then saw an SV in the showroom and sadly in reality the standard car looks better. The SV is too aggressive in the front for me. The mechanic told me the ride is atrocious on normal roads and worst of all, the bucket is terrible. Way too upright and not good for large shouldered guys like me. No harness option at all, but it's a track day car. WTF!!! How can a manufacturer claim to do a track car but not offer a harness???

I guess the losers of Knightsbridge have found their new perfect toy. 

Re: Aventador and SV

I have the same opinion regarding looks of the SV, it's way too agressive and 'busy' whereas the regular Aventador can be a real looker in the right spec. The Murci SV pulled that trick off much better. 

I think for the keen driver a Superleggera Huracan will be a much better bet than the enormous Aventador...

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Futch:

1438528994421image.jpg
    1438528994433image.jpg

Recently sold two cars so figured a new one could be welcomed. Turned out it will be a Macca 675 but another contender was the SV as I was impressed with its Nurburg lap time.  I test drove a standard car. In a few words, looks awesome especially it this spec, sounds awesome, drives pretty shit. Gearbox is too slow in sport and too violent in Corse. Ride is pretty good. Visibility is odd with a very inclined window. Seat is too high and not supportive at all. Steering is vague and the car feels unstable in heavy braking. I drove it back to back with a 650 and the Macca was so much better it was embarrassing for the big Lambo.

Then saw an SV in the showroom and sadly in reality the standard car looks better. The SV is too aggressive in the front for me. The mechanic told me the ride is atrocious on normal roads and worst of all, the bucket is terrible. Way too upright and not good for large shouldered guys like me. No harness option at all, but it's a track day car. WTF!!! How can a manufacturer claim to do a track car but not offer a harness???

I guess the losers of Knightsbridge have found their new perfect toy. 

That's a cool review SmileySmileySmiley

Roadster now revealed as expected...

Lamborghini-Aventador-SV-Roadster-128-876x535.jpg
    Lamborghini-Aventador-SV-Roadster-129-876x535.jpg
    sv-roadster-ac-001.jpg
    sv-roadster-ac-002.jpg
    sv-roadster-ac-004.jpg

Beautiful in every way possible, but drives like ....... all thanks to the isr box  angry

Stunning

I couldn't take my eyes off that red Huracan. 

Looks great! Love that color.

its a nice looking car but too much lines and pits and pieces from middle to rear....  too much to my view...

too much of a toy like look....  

huangester:

its a nice looking car but too much lines and pits and pieces from middle to rear....  too much to my view...

Maybe this is what customers want for this kind of money? Smiley

I agree with Enmanuel...that red Huracan in the background looks stunning.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    huangester:

+1. 

Ziggy:
    RC:
    huangester:

+1. 

From this angle the Rosso Mars Huracan does indeed look fabulous and perhaps the more cohesive design. I'm a fan / owner of the Huracan, and has been well documented on another thread reluctant to go for the Aventador because of its gear box. However, trust me in the metal with the two next to each other the SV has a massive presence (literally and figuratively) that completely subsumes the Huracan.

RC:
    huangester:

I had the same thoughts.... the red car looks amazing. The blue one is way to overdone!

I'd take the reg Avantador anyday over the SV.

An SV coupe without the wing + manual would be my choice and 2wd (not gonna happen laugh)

BiTurbo:

An SV coupe without the wing + manual would be my choice and 2wd (not gonna happen laugh)

With this car I would have to wear a full face mask before driving through the city.... way to much attention! This looks like a stealth fighter! Smiley

Agree.... 2wd would be fun.... but then again - this car is such so powerful that you might would like to have 4wd Smiley

koko:

+ 1 Smiley

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

J.Seven:
    koko:

+ 1 Smiley

+2

Lars997:

With this car I would have to wear a full face mask before driving through the city.... way to much attention! This looks like a stealth fighter! Smiley

Agree.... 2wd would be fun.... but then again - this car is such so powerful that you might would like to have 4wd Smiley

I can manage, as long as it stays in strada mode Smiley look at the F12, it's almost identical in power figure but in an FR car.

The problem with Lambo is what their customers demand Smiley a sport exhaust for revving and shooting flames is on their priority list, as if who has the loudest lambo on the block and the fastest car in a straight line Smiley it's a lot more complicated when you go to the showroom and see the type of people who order these cars, it's like putting a tick on every option available just because they can Smiley then the nasty wrapping color choice comes with stickers.

Guess you are right.... this buyers want to be flashy. And - many buy it because of it is flashy and not because it is a heavenly engineered sports car. Sadly!

BiTurbo:
    Lars997:

I can manage, as long as it stays in strada mode Smiley look at the F12, it's almost identical in power figure but in an FR car.

The problem with Lambo is what their customers demand Smiley a sport exhaust for revving and shooting flames is on their priority list, as if who has the loudest lambo on the block and the fastest car in a straight line Smiley it's a lot more complicated when you go to the showroom and see the type of people who order these cars, it's like putting a tick on every option available just because they can Smiley then the nasty wrapping color choice comes with stickers.

What is wrong with having flames shooting out the exhaust?  That's quite the statement against the Greenie Weenies.

CGX car nut:
    BiTurbo:
    Lars997:

What is wrong with having flames shooting out the exhaust?  That's quite the statement against the Greenie Weenies.

I'm not against flames shooting out the exhaust, but your typical flashy lambo buyer

BiTurbo:
    CGX car nut:
    BiTurbo:
    Lars997:

I'm not against flames shooting out the exhaust, but your typical flashy lambo buyer

That, Sir, would not be a problem if manual transmissions were the only offerings, not the automatic boxes currently found on most sports cars.

That is actually an amazing color combo, freshness up the plain white nicely, and quite appropriate for a lambo...

SciFrog:

That is actually an amazing color combo, freshness up the plain white nicely, and quite appropriate for a lambo...

Yep...nice color combo but deep inside it is still black... very black.... outch Smiley

The non-stop revving and its catastrophic symptoms enlightened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oy8JhqhZaQ

Non-stop retard.

I can t understand why someone above 20 years old would do that in the middle of a city ? 

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS 

There are a few videos like this of the Aventador catching fire in the same location very quickly. Apparently their use of balsa wood as a weight saving component was a bad idea.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661592 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401034 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254574 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229071 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59431 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4375 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853394 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761596 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM