Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera 2016 (Gen.2) Thread Closed

I agree with RC. its more important that people are now happy with their current economical & political condition in their new independent countries kiss

I just hope we will not see same scenario with EU. We already have country like Greece that is shouting EU is bad boy that is punishing those who are not obedient (was this Croatia`s position in YU, so they decided to abandon that unity?). On other side EU is pointing finger on them since they are presented as drunk corrupted country who spent all their lent money on nothing smiley If Greece scenario comes to Croatia, I wonder how would people react if they experienced same problems in Yugoslavia 

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Please, do not post more about fall of Yugoslavia since you do not have a clue what you are writing about. Yugoslav economy was in bad shape in late 1980s but, it was not the reason for the war. Milosevic politics was the main reason for the war. I have good friends in Belgrade, Sarajevo and Ljubljana. My friend from Belgrade(his name is Slobodan btw) share almost all my views on cummunism of ex-Yugoslavia. I respect his Serb heritage and he respect my Croatian heritage.  That is the way of the future, to respect each other, work on your differences and learn from the mistakes in the past. Not to live in past tense, since communist paradise is that.

Such a past makes you just stronger.

back on the panamera. Aldo you had some specs about information and performance figures in the lost thread, couldn't you post them again please? Thanks in advance.

I would like to see a 5 seat posibility as well. Any news about the next generation V8 engines? Electric turbochargers?

cheers

RS 991:

back on the panamera. Aldo you had some specs about information and performance figures in the lost thread, couldn't you post them again please? Thanks in advance.

I would like to see a 5 seat posibility as well. Any news about the next generation V8 engines? Electric turbochargers?

cheers

Oh shit, all the inside informations are lost.

I don´t have the informations in my head. But I know that the new diesel S should be the car to have. As I have herd all managers at Porsche have this car on their list. I will try to get some more informations. Right now I am more interested in my GT3 RS.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

KresoF1:

Please, do not post more about fall of Yugoslavia 

LOL mate dont be so aggressive, you act like you have Panamera with big wheels RC mentioned few posts before smiley

Back on Panamera, I am starting to believe interior shown on official concept renders could be very close to real thing. Digital dash is already available in Volkswagen & Audi models (Passat, TT, A4 B9), iPad style center console is already fully developed in 918 and it would be so awesome if new Panamera could get brushed metal inserts with laser cut outs for ventilation kiss

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

ALDO:
    RS 991:

cheers

Oh shit, all the inside informations are lost.

I don´t have the informations in my head. But I know that the new diesel S should be the car to have. As I have herd all managers at Porsche have this car on their list. I will try to get some more informations. Right now I am more interested in my GT3 RS.

Thanks, appreciate it. Of course you aresmiley Many congratulationskiss

... but at least it kept people at peace and Tito let people leave and work outside, unlike other communist countries where people were kept like prisoners.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

You guys simply don't know, what you are talking about. My father was sent to prison 3x under the Tito regime ... his property was taken from him ... fortunetly he managed to escape the country and made up a new life in germany ... but i will never forget the regular visits of the yugoslavian secret service even in germany, when i was i little child. Too many people were sent to prison by Tito ... many of them never returned.

If he hadn't left the country back in the days, i would have most likely been killed, while trying to defend my home town Vukovar ... like most of the boys my age living there.

Rookie:
    ... but at least it kept people at peace and Tito let people leave and work outside, unlike other communist countries where people were kept like prisoners.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

You guys simply don't know, what you are talking about. My father was sent to prison 3x under the Tito regime ... his property was taken from him ... fortunetly he managed to escape the country and made up a new life in germany ... but i will never forget the regular visits of the yugoslavian secret service even in germany, when i was i little child. Too many people were sent to prison by Tito ... many of them never returned.

If he hadn't left the country back in the days, i would have most likely been killed, while trying to defend my home town Vukovar ... like most of the boys my age living there.

If you would like you can open an off-topic discussion. This should be related to the next Panamera.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    Rookie:

--

If you would like you can open an off-topic discussion. This should be related to the next Panamera.

Thank you. Didn't know that RT was crumbling into political dissonance...

All's been quiet on the new Panamera front for a while now. Wouldn't hurt anyone if an uncovered interior was snapped for our visual delight/critique, wouldn't it?

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S [gone but never forgotten]

Wasn't there a picture of the interior already.... the centre council does not have the ipad control.....

1437971221054image.jpgHere's the picture, once again. From what I can see is that the current speedo cluster will be replaced by a digital one and the rev counter will adapt the design from the 918... but then it still can change during the development process. New cupholders and a smaller gear lever will be first on a porsche (exception 918). The middle console looks wider to me with a new infotainment system on the same place as on the current Panamera, so again not like in the 918. nevertheless it will be, IMO, a big step since the Panamera introduces a new interior which will be seen in other Porsche models later on(of course not quite the same, but with the same/similar design language).

cheers

RS 991:

1437971221054image.jpgHere's the picture, once again. From what I can see is that the current speedo cluster will be replaced by a digital one and the rev counter will adapt the design from the 918... but then it still can change during the development process. New cupholders and a smaller gear lever will be first on a porsche (exception 918). The middle console looks wider to me with a new infotainment system on the same place as on the current Panamera, so again not like in the 918. nevertheless it will be, IMO, a big step since the Panamera introduces a new interior which will be seen in other Porsche models later on(of course not quite the same, but with the same/similar design language).

cheers

Already seen and scrutinized the bejesus out of this picture; currently hoping for more to be leaked out soon with loss coverage.

Everything you pointed out is exactly what I've said on previous threads [although I barely get noticed in these forums Smiley] so I'm glad you seem to have picked the same points up. I fully expect 918 influence to trickle down the range to a diluted extent the same way the Carrera GT's rising console influenced the Panamera's interior, with the Panamera serving as the springboard for new Porsche design language before being reinterpreted for the rest of the range.

Shouldn't be long now. I'm guessing we're about a year or so away from debut?

rulesdontapply

--

Here's a better idea - I see some C-Class-ish design in the swoop of the console but it looks great. Chunky PDK shifter and a very clean overall look but is that large screen part of the interior or just a tester?

Either way, great insight into what's to come a year from now.

rulesdontapply

--

In what decade will Porsche get rid of the shifter? It serves no purpose whatsoever...

The shifter looks a bit like the one from the new R8. I like the overall appeal of the interior as well.

I would suggest that the new Panamera will be shown in april, like always so far. In Shanghai or maybe even earlier in Geneva.

1438364065931image.jpg
    1438364065939image.jpg
    1438364065893image.jpg
    1438364065906image.jpgsome more spy pics.

any information about the new V8 engines so far? 

Oh, in the last image, I see a cocoon! :-)
    --

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

SciFrog:

In what decade will Porsche get rid of the shifter? It serves no purpose whatsoever...

Can't it be used for up and downshifts instead of the paddles?

Joost:
    Oh, in the last image, I see a cocoon! :-)

well that was our huge debate when the spy shots for the first panamera were circling around the web and it turned out it was actually going to be that huge, so maybe this time around you're right. hopefully. 

Hahaha no, I was kidding! Jst teasing micha a bit...

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Smiley

JoeRockhead:
    SciFrog:

Can't it be used for up and downshifts instead of the paddles?

What's wrong with the paddles? The stick is useless. Ferrari got rid of them a decade ago...

Cause Porsche's paddles moves around and are never where you want them to be? 

Ferrari's paddles are stationary and you always know where they are.

Moving paddles only works in a car with a quick race rack, where the wheels never turns more than 180 each way

--

Right, another stupid move from Porsche, wheel mounted paddles...

The 1st Gen didn't do well, I doubt the newer (2nd Gen) will do any better + price hike and engine downsizing angry

The Panamera needs to be axed / replaced with a 928 successor and priced reasonably, enough with the family cars. Cayenne and Macan are already there.

I only see clueless people buying them and mostly Panamera or Panamera 4 (V6 base model), everyone else has moved on to the new S-Class / R-Royce / Bentley / LR Rover....

It looks like the chunky shifter includes a touchpad?

Confirmed by Matthias Müller: 2nd generation Panamera debuting at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2016 with sales commencing in the second half of 2015. Car's codename is G2.

Six months to go - exciting to know it'll preview the next generation of Porsche design language and technology.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/2017-porsche-panamera-confirmed-for-geneva-195949

rulesdontapply

--

rulesdontapply:

Confirmed by Matthias Müller: 2nd generation Panamera debuting at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2016 with sales commencing in the second half of 2015. Car's codename is G2.

Six months to go - exciting to know it'll preview the next generation of Porsche design language and technology.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/09/2017-porsche-panamera-confirmed-for-geneva-195949

rulesdontapply

Dealers are badly awaiting this car... Smiley

--

RC:
    rulesdontapply:

rulesdontapply

Dealers are badly awaiting this car... Smiley

Can't blame them; the current Panamera is a failure in many markets, with the switch from V8s to turbo-sixes for the S models being the nail in the coffin for this car. The entry price is forbidding, standard equipment is stingy and the engine lineup doomed the car. My dealer in Kuwait sells a fair few of the base V6 models but the S/Turbo models are all frozen with great deals on them to get them out the door... Deals nearly twenty percent off sticker in some cases. Unbelievable.

Hopefully the engine lineup is righted with the G2 - turbo V6s for the base models and smaller-displacement turbo V8s for the S models up. We shall see... With less than six months to go, we will inevitably see more naked prototypes and clearer interior shots to straight-up specification leaks and final imagery.

rulesdontapply

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM