Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 911 GT3 (991)

KresoF1:

Ok, got an excellent offer yesterday from my PZ. They will got 2 991 GT3 afte industrial holidays in Germany. Cars are build and I got VIN for both and all details.

Now, specs are almost the same with one huge difference-one car is with P07 Adaptive seats and other is with P03 Folding buckets and Cage. 

Which one to choose? Is cage really limiting package area on the back that much? Which one will have better resale value in 4 years or so? My plan is to keep this car for at least 3 year period.

Opinion from 991 GT3 owners is welcome. Thanks.

I'm not a 991 GT3 owner but I'm seldom short of an opinion, welcome or not. Smiley

Even if you wouldn't track the car yourself, go for the Clubsport but have the cage removed and put into storage until you resell the car. The cage makes the "luggage" space behind the seats unusable.
    The holes in the carpet can be "patched" in the meantime and the fact that that the car was not previously tracked should fetch a premium price when it comes to reselling it.

--

fritz

Personally I would take the "comfort" version. As far as I understand you will not use the car on track. So You don't need cage and so on.
    Two year ago I looked for a used 997 GT3. I always looked for cars without bucket seats and cage, because I don't want to buy a car which is used mainly on track.
    I think there is enough demand to sell both versions of the GT3 in 3 years.

So buy what YOU prefere.

If you decide for the P07 version, ask me in 3 years for buy the car Smiley

Thanks guys,
    Excellent news is that I got call from my salesman and he told me that he has GT3 production slot in first week of September if I am interested.
    I am currently in my summer house on Adriatic coast and this news made my day!

Idea is GT Silver with P03 seats, full leather alcantara with silver stitching, front lift, PCCBs, Black LEDs, full Navi and few minor options. Delivery last week of September.

Other cars are Guards Red(Sport Club) and White(P07 seats, no Sport Club).

I think that GT Silver will look awesome with Platinum wheels and PCCBs.

Most people who want to buy a GT3 are looking for Clubsport package. You can see that on the used market where Clubsport GT3's are usually more expensive. I would follow fritz' advise and remove the cage, which is only bolted. 

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Just a silly question here...

Why the folding seats with the cage?  They don't seem to go together to me...?

Folding seats-buckets, adaptive and sport are the only seats available for GT3. P11 seats(lwb) are not available due to production supply problems.

You can thread smallish bags between the bars of the cage, so it's not a complete dead loss in that respect.  Folding seats would make that easier though.

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

To me the resale is of secondary concern. The difference should be immaterial as the greater daily drivability of the 991 GT3 should also make more people consider it for that use than the 997.

If you are mainly going to use it on track get the buckets. If you are going to use it as a daily drive and only occasionally track it get the normal seats. Buckets are a pain for daily use and the standard seats are adequate for occasional track use based on my experience.

You are going to enjoy this car so much! The engine noise at full acceleration is addictive - from the inside and outside of the car.

amazed that 991 GT3s are still in production

Great news !

Fritz' s advice is a very good idea, if you are confortable in the folding buckets .

A clubsport with proven non track use will be very thought after on the  2nd and market .

My dealer also got some more slots for GT3 ......  there seem to be no end of production !!

He's got also 2 slots for the GT4

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

KresoF1:

Ok, got an excellent offer yesterday from my PZ. They will got 2 991 GT3 afte industrial holidays in Germany. Cars are build and I got VIN for both and all details.

Now, specs are almost the same with one huge difference-one car is with P07 Adaptive seats and other is with P03 Folding buckets and Cage. 

Which one to choose? Is cage really limiting package area on the back that much? Which one will have better resale value in 4 years or so? My plan is to keep this car for at least 3 year period.

Very strange! Two unsold GT3 for Croatia Smiley

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

KresoF1:
    Thanks guys,
    Excellent news is that I got call from my salesman and he told me that he has GT3 production slot in first week of September if I am interested.

Idea is GT Silver with P03 seats, full leather alcantara with silver stitching, front lift, PCCBs, Black LEDs, full Navi and few minor options. Delivery last week of September.

i am sure that porsche will play the same game with the RS: keep them scarce now and then......voila....suddenly new quotas will show up when everybody thinks game over....

peter

ALDO:
    KresoF1:

i was offered two GT3 build slots by different dealerships last week in austria.

my issue with the GT3 is the engine: i have the (completely unproven) impression that there are still unresolved issues with the GT3 engine which have been largely resolved with the GT3RS version of it. 

As predicted months ago slots are appearing out of nowhere...

pmarkow:
    ALDO:
    KresoF1:

i was offered two GT3 build slots by different dealerships last week in austria.

This is also very strange. Here in Germany a lot of people didn´t get their GT3. And now free slots? I was yesterday in the factory and I have seen one GT3. I have asked about it and got the answer one of the last produced cars. Orders are closed weeks ago. 

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    KresoF1:

Of course not! Read carefully, PZ is for Porsche Zentrum (in Germany). Cars are ordered by privat persons that want to sell them. Every thing is legit as possible. 

Why are you so suspicious? There are at least 10 new GT3 unsold and available in EU currently.

Please give me the name of the PZ, a friend of mine is searching for one. He would be happy to get one. He didn´t get the RS.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    pmarkow:
    ALDO:
    KresoF1:

This is also very strange. Here in Germany a lot of people didn´t get their GT3. And now free slots? I was yesterday in the factory and I have seen one GT3. I have asked about it and got the answer one of the last produced cars. Orders are closed weeks ago. 

Now, your info is very strange one indeed. What Peter wrote is the truth. Cars are still available. 

Problem is rather different one, many PZ in Germany sold 991 GT3 slots to "grey" dealers. Now, we have at least 10 new GT3s that needs to be sold. Many of those speculators overestimated their chance for big profit. So, now they are selling the cars for marginak profit in best case scenario.

Same problem will appear with GT3RS. I personally saw one car at one "grey" dealer in Germany. That guy clearly ordered the car to sell it for a profit. Porsche is apparently aware of that and in my opinion they can do Jack Shit about it. PZs are responsible here, not their costumers.

You can buy a GT3RS if you have got a slot. After that it is up to you to do what you wanna do. But if you would like to assign the slot to another person, then Porsche will decide to whom the slots is going and NOT PZ! 

Of course people are speculating and have ordered one and now they try to sell the car. But the car has to be delivered to the person who ordered the car. They can specify it to your wishes but you wan´t be the first person in the history of that car.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

Please give me the name of the PZ, a friend of mine is searching for one. He would be happy to get one. He didn´t get the RS.

Cars are offered by privat persons via PZ. Privat persons ordered rhe cars. Cars are not offered officially by PZ. You are aware that PZ can not do that. If your friend is interested to buy a GT3 and pay small upcharge(say it around 3000€ above list price) I can call salesman tomorrow and ask him if the car is still available. White one is already sold today (list was 165K € and it was sold for 168K €). 

Other solution is to PM  Peter (pmarkow) and ask him about his PZ offer in Austria.

Btw, you have excellent contacts at Porsche maybe they can find a car for your friend? You secured an GT3RS for yourself, that is a nice privilege.

ALDO:

You can buy a GT3RS if you have got a slot. After that it is up to you to dNow, o what you wanna do. But if you would like to assign the slot to another person, then Porsche will decide to whom the slots is going and NOT PZ! 

Of course people are speculating and have ordered one and now they try to sell the car. But the car has to be delivered to the person who ordered the car. They can specify it to your wishes but you wan´t be the first person in the history of that car.

Now, that is the truth. 

But, this is the way currently played about GT3 and GT3RS. Bothcars thst are offered to me are ordered by privat persons. I do not have a problem with that. Yes, car history will show additonal owner. IF that is important that you should ordered it on time. 

But, currently the only way to get GT3 or GT3RS is to get it via speculators, for small margin to their pockets or no margin in their pockets at all..

KresoF1:
    You secured an GT3RS for yourself, that is a nice privilege.

Yes, I have ordered in July and will get mine in October. Relationship/Connection is only bad if you don´t have it.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:
    KresoF1:
    You secured an GT3RS for yourself, that is a nice privilege.

Yes, I have ordered in July and will get mine in October. Relationship/Connection is only bad if you don´t have it.

And that is the clear prove that you have an excellent connection at P. Very good good for you. Many Congrats again, an awsome machine.SmileySmiley

KresoF1:
    Thanks guys,

Kreso, if I ordered a GT3 or GT3RS, I would go for GT silver with PCCB because I love the combination of this color with the yellow calipers.   It is one of my dream cars.  Congrats, I am very glad it eventually worked out for you after you looked for GT3s a few months ago. Smiley

Caymanisking:

To me the resale is of secondary concern. The difference should be immaterial as the greater daily drivability of the 991 GT3 should also make more people consider it for that use than the 997.

If you are mainly going to use it on track get the buckets. If you are going to use it as a daily drive and only occasionally track it get the normal seats. Buckets are a pain for daily use and the standard seats are adequate for occasional track use based on my experience.

You are going to enjoy this car so much! The engine noise at full acceleration is addictive - from the inside and outside of the car.

Kreso, follow the above advice. If you're using it as a DD, ditch the cage. Also, the standard seats are so much more comfortable than the buckets. Smiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

ALDO:

try porsche zentrum wien liesing, mr. heck

KresoF1:
    ALDO:

You can buy a GT3RS if you have got a slot. After that it is up to you to dNow, o what you wanna do. But if you would like to assign the slot to another person, then Porsche will decide to whom the slots is going and NOT PZ! 

Now, that is the truth. 

But, this is the way currently played about GT3 and GT3RS. Bothcars thst are offered to me are ordered by privat persons. I do not have a problem with that. Yes, car history will show additonal owner. IF that is important that you should ordered it on time. 

But, currently the only way to get GT3 or GT3RS is to get it via speculators, for small margin to their pockets or no margin in their pockets at all..

my GT3 offers came through official PZ, with the usual discount

pmarkow:
    ALDO:

try porsche zentrum wien liesing, mr. heck

Thx, already passed this information to my friend.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

The premium comfort vs cage would provide is dumb to even think about. So maybe it fetches $15K more years down the line. So what? Does anyone owning a GT3 even know their net worth to the nearest $15K?

Buy the one you like best because and premium you realize come resale will mean nothing in life. You'll die with far more than $15K in your bank account, I assure you.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752827 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430472 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258474 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255402 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868081 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801664 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM