Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

Aldo, congrats!  GT silver is THE color for the GT3 RS imho. kiss

Right after Ultraviolet... :p 

And way after salmon... Silver is way too boring for a GT3 RS...

Congrats ALDO!! It's so cool that you picked GT Silver-- very classy and racy. Smiley On top of it you won't see many other GT3s in the same color.

On a side note, I visited a Porsche dealer a few weeks ago (I had some time to kill) and was able to look at the color samples under bright sun light. I must say that LO and UV are like two women screwing with your head at the same time. SmileySmiley The dealer also has an RS inbound in Ruby Star Red (82N).

Anyway, I think this 991 GT3 RS seems to be difficult to spec when it comes to color and options.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

Yes, choosing the color was and is a difficult process. At the end I could live with all three. I don't lease this car and I have the intention to hold it as long as I can afford. So gt silver could be the color for the next few years more then LO or UV.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

ALDO:

Yes, choosing the color was and is a difficult process. At the end I could live with all three. I don't lease this car and I have the intention to hold it as long as I can afford. So gt silver could be the color for the next few years more then LO or UV.

I like it very, very much in silver. Smiley

Beautiful car, many congrats! Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I think it is a smart move going for silver! Yesterday in Zuffenhausen around the factory I did see apprx. 15 times salmon, 3 times UV and 3 times white. Didn't see any other color. In the future you will have the unique car.

Nevertheless - it has its reason why so many are going for salmon... it matches great the car. 

If I would get one I would go for a unique special paint. I think it is well worth to keep that car unique. Maybe green or light blue.

Rossi:
    ALDO:

I like it very, very much in silver. Smiley

Beautiful car, many congrats! Smiley

Ha! I used the wrong Smiley! Smiley

It should read like this: Beautiful car, many congrats! Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

GT silver is an amazing color, and I normally don't like silver. So good choice, especially with the Lava RS interior. kiss

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Lukas:

The black LED-headlights are so nice and so much nicer than the Xenons. The 4-dot DRL on top does give it that extra touch! Would be a no-brainer to add those to the order if I was one of the lucky ones (which I'm unfortunately not laugh)

I disagree. The black LED headlights are not as black as the Bi-Xenons and when the 4-dot DRLs are on, they actually make the whole headlight look bright, actually "removing" the blackened effect. Trust me, I put a lot of thought in this when I ordered my C4 GTS Cab and chose the Bi-Xenons.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    Lukas:

The black LED-headlights are so nice and so much nicer than the Xenons. The 4-dot DRL on top does give it that extra touch! Would be a no-brainer to add those to the order if I was one of the lucky ones (which I'm unfortunately not laugh)

I disagree. The black LED headlights are not as black as the Bi-Xenons and when the 4-dot DRLs are on, they actually make the whole headlight look bright, actually "removing" the blackened effect. Trust me, I put a lot of thought in this when I ordered my C4 GTS Cab and chose the Bi-Xenons.

Smiley This is true. Also the 4 dots is something not everybody likes. Smiley

A black RS-looking test mule has been spotted on the Ring. The 4.2l limited version 

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Lars997:

I think it is a smart move going for silver! Yesterday in Zuffenhausen around the factory I did see apprx. 15 times salmon, 3 times UV and 3 times white. Didn't see any other color. In the future you will have the unique car.

Nevertheless - it has its reason why so many are going for salmon... it matches great the car. 

If I would get one I would go for a unique special paint. I think it is well worth to keep that car unique. Maybe green or light blue.

Many congrats. I also think that silver is an excellent choice (other color I would consider is UV). I did not like the looks of the orange cars at all. On pictures they look quite interesting - but not in real life Smiley

"A black RS-looking test mule has been spotted on the Ring. The 4.2l limited version"

https://www.facebook.com/bridgetogantry

Kobalt:

"A black RS-looking test mule has been spotted on the Ring. The 4.2l limited version"

Smiley

--

Kobalt:

manual RS Smiley 

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

I just read an interesting article in the french ''RS magasine ''  comparing the GT4 to the RS on a short track and on back country roads. The test was not to compete one against the other on lap times, but more to look at the differences or similarities . No surprises anyway . 

They loved both cars  and the main points were these .

The RS is easier to drive at the limit then the GT3. More confidence inspiring and better front grip. They did not feel the extra 15 HP. Surprisingly comfortable on back roads.

They found they could go faster on the small country roads with the GT4 then RS due to it s smaller size , softer suspension and better balance. But , as on track , if you come too fast into a tight curve on the brake there is lots of under steer so driving must be smooth and gently . On the other hand the car is very easy to drive fast .

Anyway , both great cars.

I should look for a 2nd hand one in a year or two. Only problem is lack of back seats

FullSizeRender.jpg

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

Thanks for posting (including summary translation)!

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Gnil:

I just read an interesting article in the french ''RS magasine ''  comparing the GT4 to the RS on a short track and on back country roads. The test was not to compete one against the other on lap times, but more to look at the differences or similarities . No surprises anyway . 

They loved both cars  and the main points were these .

The RS is easier to drive at the limit then the GT3. More confidence inspiring and better front grip. They did not feel the extra 15 HP. Surprisingly comfortable on back roads.

They found they could go faster on the small country roads with the GT4 then RS due to it s smaller size , softer suspension and better balance. But , as on track , if you come too fast into a tight curve on the brake there is lots of under steer so driving must be smooth and gently . On the other hand the car is very easy to drive fast .

Anyway , both great cars.

I should look for a 2nd hand one in a year or two. Only problem is lack of back seats

FullSizeRender.jpg

I read this quote in bold a lot of times by journalists, that says that the more powerful / faster car is easier to drive.  I remember reading in a French magazine that the 918 Spyder is easier to drive fast than the GT3.  Not sure if it is true or a journalist thing. Smiley

That's the thing though, easier to drive at an average of 100kph up that mountain road or doing a 1:45 minute lap of track x? Or easier to drive at 9/10ths? I would have to agree the "faster" car is going to be less stressed going a certain speed on a road or doing a certain lap time that the "slower" car. The first car you might only be doing 6/10ths to go that fast and the other 8/10ths...

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Super Darius:

Lars,

the one one in your pics is the twins of mine,no pccb,salmon,black leds and black wheels...can't wait ,around 30 days again.blush

BTW, I heard your car is scheduled to be onboard the Costa Concordia.

--

Chris Harris has a new review in Road & Track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a26021/porsche-911-gt3-rs-first-drive/

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Mithras:

That's the thing though, easier to drive at an average of 100kph up that mountain road or doing a 1:45 minute lap of track x? Or easier to drive at 9/10ths? I would have to agree the "faster" car is going to be less stressed going a certain speed on a road or doing a certain lap time that the "slower" car. The first car you might only be doing 6/10ths to go that fast and the other 8/10ths...

I remember racing serous go-karts against some friends.  The first day, we were in the less powerful karts and I was at least 3-4 seconds off the really fast drivers.  The next day we switched to faster Rotax karts and I was only 1.5 seconds off the really fast drivers.  While it's true I could have improved from day 1 to day 2, I felt the faster karts were easier to drive because they had substantially more mid-range power which helped me dig out of corners and the punishment for not entering the corner at peak speed was much less.

That said, you are totally right...it could be a number of things.  And I'd only trust professional drivers because for us amateurs, the lack of ability to explore a car's limit comes into play.  The Chris Harris R&T points out that the RS is better balanced than the standard car because of more front end grip, so in that mind, it would make the car a bit easier to drive.  

Whoopsy:
    Super Darius:

Lars,

the one one in your pics is the twins of mine,no pccb,salmon,black leds and black wheels...can't wait ,around 30 days again.blush

Great news!,but who drive the boat?Smiley

no...becouse the problem can be there...Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

vantagesc:
    Mithras:

I remember racing serous go-karts against some friends.  The first day, we were in the less powerful karts and I was at least 3-4 seconds off the really fast drivers.  The next day we switched to faster Rotax karts and I was only 1.5 seconds off the really fast drivers.  While it's true I could have improved from day 1 to day 2, I felt the faster karts were easier to drive because they had substantially more mid-range power which helped me dig out of corners and the punishment for not entering the corner at peak speed was much less.

That said, you are totally right...it could be a number of things.  And I'd only trust professional drivers because for us amateurs, the lack of ability to explore a car's limit comes into play.  The Chris Harris R&T points out that the RS is better balanced than the standard car because of more front end grip, so in that mind, it would make the car a bit easier to drive.  

Yes, usually you will have better lap time with a faster car , even as an amateur . But on the above article they were talking about  how easier it is to drive the RS at it's limits compared to the GT3 . Nothing to do with times . Just that the car is easier when you reach it's limits . I remember some test drivers mentioning , when they tested the GT3, that it can be tricky at it's limits . The RS is not .

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

Super Darius:
    Whoopsy:
    Super Darius:

Lars,

Great news!,but who drive the boat?Smiley

no...becouse the problem can be there...Smiley

I heard his name is Rudolfo Schettino, he is said to have a famous brother. Smiley

--

His brother would have liked to do it, but he has a previous engagement.  Smiley

--

fritz

SportCarGroup:
    Kobalt:

Smiley

Is this the GT2/GT2RS?

According to Dale at Bridge to Gantry it had PDK and was naturally aspirated so probably no GT2.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM