Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

The Huracan isn't even that much lighter than the 918. 

noone1:

But that depends on which version they're going for.  If its the AWD version, then shaving 40kg is pathetic.  But if its the RWD version, then shaving 40kg is pretty good and would knock it down to mid-3200s.  Most rumors say RWD version, but those could change.

918 is close to 3900 with me in it, weissach pack,  Huracan Spyder should be around 3600lb, coupe another 50lbs less . 

--

wantone:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

Talking about Huracan, mine just got it's winter tires and wheels

IMG_1257.JPG

Nice. Smiley Do you still enjoy it? 

yup, that engine is just a gem! Sounds fantastic no matter what.

Congrats! Why the spider and not the coupe?

Cause the Spyder looked soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than coupe version.

Had I wanted a coupe, an Audi R8 is that much cheaper. 

Ultimate performance at the limit is pointless for me anymore, if I want something fast I will just drive the 918, but then again the ClubSport is causally 6 seconds faster than my best time on a track in the 918.

So for ultimate performance I will just drive my race car

--

Whoopsy:

...the ClubSport is causally 6 seconds faster than my best time on a track in the 918.

GT4 rules Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

noone1:

According to Wikipedia, the Huracan LP610-4 is 1422 kg. With the rumored 40 kg less, the Performante would be 1382 kg.

According to Wikipedia, the 918 weights 1642 kg.

So the weight difference between a Huracan Performante and 918 would be a whopping 260 kg.

What did you say? The Huracan isn't much lighter? Even the standard version is 220 kg lighter than the 918.

Even if we use real world weight numbers (AMS weights their test cars), there is still a difference of at least 150 kg.

So... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Show me a Huracan anywhere near 1422kg when it's actually ready to best tested.

10% difference in weight, 100% difference in tq, 40% difference in power. The weight isn't light enough to negate the power, now will the suspension set-up be aggressive enough.

Whoopsy:

Ultimate performance at the limit is pointless for me anymore, if I want something fast I will just drive the 918, but then again the ClubSport is causally 6 seconds faster than my best time on a track in the 918.

6 sec by yourself Nick?

According to Lamborghni.com the Huracan has a dry weight of 1422kg. Dry weight according to Wikipedia:

By definition, dry weight does not include any of the following:

So curb weight vs. curb weight, the difference between the standard Huracan and the 918 is probably around 100 - 120kg.

martini964:
    Whoopsy:

6 sec by yourself Nick?

Hmm yes. Of course I could have been faster in the 918 now that I sort of worked out how the track goes. But honestly the ClubSport surprises me a lot in how fast it can go. 

Race tires have unbelievable traction. Night and day compared to the sticker Cup2s the 918 is on. 

--

RC:
    noone1:

According to Wikipedia, the Huracan LP610-4 is 1422 kg. With the rumored 40 kg less, the Performante would be 1382 kg.

So the weight difference between a Huracan Performante and 918 would be a whopping 260 kg.

What did you say? The Huracan isn't much lighter? Even the standard version is 220 kg lighter than the 918.

Even if we use real world weight numbers (AMS weights their test cars), there is still a difference of at least 150 kg.

So... Smiley

I usually wait for the mags to get the actual weight of the car since wiki quotes the dry weight.  C&D puts the weight at 3423 or 1552kg.  So 88lbs or 40kg from the 610version is 3335lbs or 1512kg.  It seems like lambo I taking the Porsche approach to making their cars faster: better chassis engineering and tech, versus making it lighter and relying on tires.  Regardless of how it feels to drive and its weight difference, it puts down numbers very close to the trofeo LT, despite being on corsa.  The 488 seems to be the same way: relying more on chassis and mechanical grip versus tires (provided everything is legit).  I wonder how much of the LT is in its tires, what would it be on corsas, too.  If you put a 650s on trofeos, what would it's time be? I know most complain about "cheater tires", but what are cheater tires.  Are they standard or option,  do trofeos or the cup 2 count as cheaterSmiley.  Regardless of how most feel when driving it, the times show that an 800lb or 400kg car is able to keep with a car that weights much less and is on inferior tires, is a testament to whatever lambo has done to its chassis or whatever.  If you want take C&Ds instrument test acceleration, then the SV and LT are pretty much even, despite the lead it puts on early, it seems the SV catches back up(must be all that aero).  Either way, if these rumors turn out to be true, then it means lambo is on to something good.

PS. I'll post more later.

Whoopsy:
    martini964:
    Whoopsy:

6 sec by yourself Nick?

Hmm yes. Of course I could have been faster in the 918 now that I sort of worked out how the track goes. But honestly the ClubSport surprises me a lot in how fast it can go. 

Race tires have unbelievable traction. Night and day compared to the sticker Cup2s the 918 is on. 

You still should be faster in the 918 then the CS . Your track looks like it can carry speed and accelerations  . 

On fast tracks with my RS, I often could maintain pace with the not so good CS drivers, because of the straights . In the curves I had no chance . 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:
    martini964:
    Whoopsy:

6 sec by yourself Nick?

You still should be faster in the 918 then the CS . Your track looks like it can carry speed and accelerations  . 

On fast tracks with my RS, I often could maintain pace with the not so good CS drivers, because of the straights . In the curves I had no chance . 

Well, Richard Spenard casually did a 2:16 in my 918, so I at least have a target. He figured he can mustered a few more seconds and Another racer Chris Green went all out and did a 2:11 with a 675LT, so quite possibly the 918 can lap in the 2:09-2:10 in the right hands.

I just know I need to find like 20 seconds somewhere SmileySmileySmiley

--

kingjr9000:
    RC:
    noone1:

So... Smiley

I usually wait for the mags to get the actual weight of the car since wiki quotes the dry weight.  C&D puts the weight at 3423 or 1552kg.  So 88lbs or 40kg from the 610version is 3335lbs or 1512kg.  It seems like lambo I taking the Porsche approach to making their cars faster: better chassis engineering and tech, versus making it lighter and relying on tires.  Regardless of how it feels to drive and its weight difference, it puts down numbers very close to the trofeo LT, despite being on corsa.  The 488 seems to be the same way: relying more on chassis and mechanical grip versus tires (provided everything is legit).  I wonder how much of the LT is in its tires, what would it be on corsas, too.  If you put a 650s on trofeos, what would it's time be? I know most complain about "cheater tires", but what are cheater tires.  Are they standard or option,  do trofeos or the cup 2 count as cheaterSmiley.  Regardless of how most feel when driving it, the times show that an 800lb or 400kg car is able to keep with a car that weights much less and is on inferior tires, is a testament to whatever lambo has done to its chassis or whatever.  If you want take C&Ds instrument test acceleration, then the SV and LT are pretty much even, despite the lead it puts on early, it seems the SV catches back up(must be all that aero).  Either way, if these rumors turn out to be true, then it means lambo is on to something good.

PS. I'll post more later.

I couldn't figure anything else to post for the comparison.  so I'm done on this post.

Whoopsy:
    Gnil:
    Whoopsy:
    martini964:
    Whoopsy:

6 sec by yourself Nick?

Well, Richard Spenard casually did a 2:16 in my 918, so I at least have a target. He figured he can mustered a few more seconds and Another racer Chris Green went all out and did a 2:11 with a 675LT, so quite possibly the 918 can lap in the 2:09-2:10 in the right hands.

If the new Sachsenring record is anything to go by, you're shorting yourselfSmiley

Whoopsy:

See the positive side to that... you know that those seconds need to be somewhere! Smiley

Small article in Autocar today.

Autocar 19.10.16.jpg

Whoopsy:

IMG_1257.JPG

Congrats Nick! Didn't realize that you had one on order. Amazing car. Convertible must be a lot of fun. Great decision to take the topless, next to all your stunning Coupes!

Lars997:
    Whoopsy:

IMG_1257.JPG

Congrats Nick! Didn't realize that you had one on order. Amazing car. Convertible must be a lot of fun. Great decision to take the topless, next to all your stunning Coupes!

I didn't even order one, it was just sitting in the showroom and voila, impulse buy!Smiley

I always liked the Huracan, didn't act on it until RC raved about his R8, then I went looking for an R8 but none available, so I bought the cousin instead. 

--

RC, do you have any info on how this will affect Lambo

http://www.motoring.com.au/audi-hit-by-massive-dieselgate-related-cuts-104262/

Whoopsy:
    Gnil:
    Whoopsy:
    martini964:
    Whoopsy:

just push it 1o seconds later...

04674ee4bc5e04d5c67bad6843b4b7a3.jpg

Whoopsy:
    Lars997:
    Whoopsy:

Congrats Nick! Didn't realize that you had one on order. Amazing car. Convertible must be a lot of fun. Great decision to take the topless, next to all your stunning Coupes!I didn't even order one, it was just sitting in the showroom and voila, impulse buy!Smiley

I always liked the Huracan, didn't act on it until RC raved about his R8, then I went looking for an R8 but none available, so I bought the cousin instead. 

That phrase is killing me,I know my wife never liked these filing coming through my vain when i see cars...

I can only speculate (my "relationship" to Audi is limited on some dealer based and very limited Audi Sport information).

The next gen R8 will share a (Porsche) platform with the next gen 911, next gen Huracan and possibly that infamous "960" everyone was/is talking about. So to be honest, I do not think that there would be financial reasons to not develop a third R8 generation, only marketing reasons (Huracan and "960" would need to be developed anyway, so why not a third one?).

What will probably happen is reducing Diesel development and concentrating on ELVs and maybe hybrids instead. Some German cities plan to forbid Diesel cars to enter city downtown areas and there is a lot of headwind for Diesel cars, so...

Frankly speaking: I don't have a clue what is going to happen but one thing is for sure, the V10 will disappear, very likely even within this model generation. Smiley If Audi is clever, they put a 700 hp V8 Biturbo into the V10 successor engine, so nobody will find a reason to complain. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

I can only speculate (my "relationship" to Audi is limited on some dealer based and very limited Audi Sport information).

The next gen R8 will share a (Porsche) platform with the next gen 911, next gen Huracan and possibly that infamous "960" everyone was/is talking about. So to be honest, I do not think that there would be financial reasons to not develop a third R8 generation, only marketing reasons (Huracan and "960" would need to be developed anyway, so why not a third one?).

What will probably happen is reducing Diesel development and concentrating on ELVs and maybe hybrids instead. Some German cities plan to forbid Diesel cars to enter city downtown areas and there is a lot of headwind for Diesel cars, so...

Frankly speaking: I don't have a clue what is going to happen but one thing is for sure, the V10 will disappear, very likely even within this model generation. Smiley If Audi is clever, they put a 700 hp V8 Biturbo into the V10 successor engine, so nobody will find a reason to complainSmiley

So VAG is putting the duty of making all sportscars on porsche?  Could lambo just do a mclaren and use carbon fiber to develop their own chassis?  

If Audi is as awesome as they used to be, they'd make an updated and more powerful version of the old Quattro rally cars engine, and stick it in the huracan replacement.  Or Lambo could make it and use it.

I said it before: The R8 makes no sense at Audi. Like you said, they should concentrate on the RS models and maybe one or two very special "Quattro" models. Since the Quattro GmbH has been recently rebranded to Audi Sport, I doubt this is going to happen though.

Porsche can do a lot of good by developing the sportscars in the VW Group but they can also do a lot of bad stuff if they handle it the same way they handled the 911 development. There is a reason why I went for the R8 instead of the 991.2 Turbo S, despite similar performance.

Ferrari did the right thing with the 488: They knew that people would be skeptical once they introduce the biturbo charged V8, so they had to give people an incentive to buy this car. 100 hp more and a very good setup (488 has, in my opinion, the best turbo setup of all current super sportscars on the market, you can barely feel it is turbo charged), I just wish they would partner up with McLaren and learn from them when it comes to the traction control setup (which is amazing on McLaren cars).

In 2014, when the Huracan showed up, the 610 hp weren't already competitive anymore, 640 hp should have been the minimum. Audi/Lamborghini knew that Ferrari is going to up their game, same goes to McLaren. The German car manufacturers kind of overslept this development and I am not talking about Audi/Lamborghini only here but also and especially Porsche but also BMW and Mercedes. The 911 Turbo S has only a good reputation because it is amazing from 0-100 kph and because it feeds from it's past reputation. The R8/Huracan have a good reputation because they sound amazing but performance-wise, they are a step behind the 488 or the 650S. Actually, even the new 570S seems to be faster, at least from 0-200/300 kph. 

Mercedes has the AMG GT S but let's be serious here: Who here in this forum considers the AMG GT models to be super sportscars?  Then, there is BMW. They have...nothing. There is not a single BMW I would want as a weekend fun car. None. Not even the nice looking M2, which is way too heavy.

I hate to say this but German sportscar manufacturers kind of got predictable and boring and yes, this includes Porsche.  The new GT2 RS may change this perception a little bit but it is basically always the same stuff, as weird as this may sound. 

Also, I hate it when I talk to people working at car manufacturers and they tell me that "times have changed...", "we have  environmental and social responsibilities...", "the laws are stricter..." and so on. Instead of explaining to me how they are going to improve my ownership experience in the future, they basically tell me: "Sorry but our future products will be fast and boring as hell". No thanks. 

I have a lot of sympathy for McLaren because they remind me of how Porsche was in the beginning when I bought my first Porsche. I just wish they would offer AWD (seriously!) and their cars would be more affordable (for me). Smiley

--

The Audi R8 has been quite successful and has done a good job creating a nice halo around the brand. I'd say it made perfect sense at Audi.

noone1:

The Audi R8 has been quite successful and has done a good job creating a nice halo around the brand. I'd say it made perfect sense at Audi.

It certainly did but it didn't make sense, the RS models would have sufficed to do that.

What I have a problem with currently is how Audi wants to market the R8... Right now, there seems to be a bit of a confusion at Audi about this.

--

No one cares about RS models outside of Germany. I've never even seen an RS model in the US. There are only 55 RS models for sale on eBay. There are 126 R8s, and the R8s are way more expensive than RS4s were.

RS models aren't cool or popular in many parts of the world. The R8 is.

noone1:

No one cares about RS models outside of Germany. I've never even seen an RS model in the US. There are only 55 RS models for sale on eBay. There are 126 R8s, and the R8s are way more expensive than RS4s were.

Ah, outside Germany is only the USA. Got it!  Smiley

I won't even comment on this because car fans allover the world know the Audi RS models very well... Smiley

--

RC:
    noone1:

Ah, outside Germany is only the USA. Got it!  Smiley

I won't even comment on this because car fans allover the world know the Audi RS models very well... Smiley

And that's the point: car fans.

Anyone who isn't a car fan just sees an Audi A4, A5, A6, or A7. Being an RS is meaningless to normal people. There is nothing special about it. Maybe it looks a little different comparing front bumpers side by side, but on it's own, it's just a normal Audi model.

The R8 is special. It's instantly recognizable as something special. RS models provide no boost to the brand because there is nothing inherently special about them outside of car forums.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688998 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408922 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255623 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234882 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65461 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857746 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773706 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM