Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Audi R8 new model

Lars997:

The most amazing part is the Nissan - for a 100k car - superb performance! And if you check second hand cars you can get a Nissan for 80k with only 5000km - wow! Only problem, this Nissan is ugly like hell!

Looking at current used (previous model) R8 V10 Plus prices, I would rather take a used R8 with low mileage over the Nissan any time, for basically the same money. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    Lars997:

The most amazing part is the Nissan - for a 100k car - superb performance! And if you check second hand cars you can get a Nissan for 80k with only 5000km - wow! Only problem, this Nissan is ugly like hell!

Looking at current used (previous model) R8 V10 Plus prices, I would rather take a used R8 with low mileage over the Nissan any time, for basically the same money. 

Smiley

So I was just playing with the UK configurator for the new R8; checking most of the pricey options like extended nappa leather, B&O sound, magnaride, LED lamps, all added just £11,000 to a base price for the Plus of £132,000.  Best of all, the process takes 5 minutes, and does not require extended consultation on Rennteam and the super-knowledge of Suzy or Isuk.  I could be tempted into a new Audi just because of the simple process and very fair prices of optioning a car..... Porsche can never duplicate this. 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

I'd wait a year. It's going to depreciate a lot IMO since it's so similar looking to the previous one. It's happening with the Huracan already, at least in the States. Barely used 2015's are $30-40K under MSRP already.

noone1:

I'd wait a year. It's going to depreciate a lot IMO since it's so similar looking to the previous one. It's happening with the Huracan already, at least in the States. Barely used 2015's are $30-40K under MSRP already.

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Drove past my local Lamborghini dealer the other day. In the window were a green, red, dark gray and yellow huracans. I assume the US market is getting quite soft for them. I didn't want to go in smiley

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2014 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab 2014 BMW i3 2017 Porsche Mission E on order

EnglishManInNY:

Drove past my local Lamborghini dealer the other day. In the window were a green, red, dark gray and yellow huracans. I assume the US market is getting quite soft for them. I didn't want to go in smiley

I really like the Huracan but it may not look aggressive enough for some potential customers. My kids love it though, especially my daughter (she usually isn't too much into cars) but I like the Huracan a lot as well. It looks actually perfect in my opinion.

--

Already 70 barely used ones for sale on Cars.com in the US. That's quite a lot already IMO.

RC:
    noone1:

Smiley

Surely the 2015's are down because the new one is just emerging?  Anyway, its not like the 911 TT doesn't drop similar amounts after a year or two.... 

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:
    RC:
    noone1:

Smiley

Surely the 2015's are down because the new one is just emerging?  Anyway, its not like the 911 TT doesn't drop similar amounts after a year or two.... 

I haven't really seen any 991 Turbo below 130k EUR with low mileage over here in Germany. I can get a R8 V10 Plus from 2014 with under 20k km for under 100k EUR.

The R8 clearly doesn't hold it's value but surprisingly especially the V10 Plus models, don't know why? (Too sporty? Too uncomfortable? Too much fuel consumption?). I wish I had the money now, the "old" R8 V10 Plus is certainly worth its money.

--

I hope the new R8 V10 plus will loose value similar to the 2014er.
    Even there are only small visible changes, the new car seems to be a lot better.
    I have time to wait 2 or 3 years.....

Here a comment about the new R8 from a other forum (sorry only in german):

...ich hatte gestern das Glück bzw. Vergnügen den neuen R8 einen ganzen Tag über den BilsterBerg zu prügeln.

Also eines ist für mich mal super klar, der AMG GTs ist keine Alternative zum 11er. Aber der R8 hat einen mega Sprung im Vergleich zum Vorgänger gemacht. Die Kiste sieht deutlich besser und harmonischer aus als auf den Bildern (ok Optik ist immer subjektiv). Aber die relevanten Verbesserungen befinden sich unterm Blechkleid: - Sitzposition ist gut, man ist viel mehr ins Fahrzeug integriert, - Einlenkverhalten und Agilität ist fast auf 11er-Niveau, - Stabilität ist ein Quantensprung besser, - das neue Cockpit passt zu einem Superspotwagen, - Verarbeitungsqualität und Haptik ist das Beste auf dem Markt, - und die Sahneschnitte befindet sich im Rücken: der Motor reagiert auf jede noch so kleine Bewegung des Gaspedals und hat Druck wie ein Turbo und der Sound UNGLAUBLICH MEGA HYPER GEIL (definitiv besser als eine 991 GT3 !!!).

Ich bezeichne mich echt als 11er-Fan aber der R8 ist kein Porsche-Killer aber definitiv ein 11er-Turbo-Jäger und eine absolute Alternative !!!

acky:

Even there are only small visible changes, the new car seems to be a lot better.

...ich hatte gestern das Glück bzw. Vergnügen den neuen R8 einen ganzen Tag über den BilsterBerg zu prügeln.

Also eines ist für mich mal super klar, der AMG GTs ist keine Alternative zum 11er. Aber der R8 hat einen mega Sprung im Vergleich zum Vorgänger gemacht. Die Kiste sieht deutlich besser und harmonischer aus als auf den Bildern (ok Optik ist immer subjektiv). Aber die relevanten Verbesserungen befinden sich unterm Blechkleid: - Sitzposition ist gut, man ist viel mehr ins Fahrzeug integriert, - Einlenkverhalten und Agilität ist fast auf 11er-Niveau, - Stabilität ist ein Quantensprung besser, - das neue Cockpit passt zu einem Superspotwagen, - Verarbeitungsqualität und Haptik ist das Beste auf dem Markt, - und die Sahneschnitte befindet sich im Rücken: der Motor reagiert auf jede noch so kleine Bewegung des Gaspedals und hat Druck wie ein Turbo und der Sound UNGLAUBLICH MEGA HYPER GEIL (definitiv besser als eine 991 GT3 !!!).

Ich bezeichne mich echt als 11er-Fan aber der R8 ist kein Porsche-Killer aber definitiv ein 11er-Turbo-Jäger und eine absolute Alternative !!!

The previous R8 V10 Plus with 550 hp isn't much different, believe me. Audi has put a lot of improvements in that car. The sound is even a notch better (not by much though), the throttle response not really different. There have been however chassis improvements but overall, the "old" isn't really that bad. At least not 50% of the initial price tag bad. Right now, you can get 2013 or 2014 R8 V10 Plus with under 20k km for under 100k EUR, incl. a 5 year used car Audi  warranty, which basically pays almost as well as the original warranty. 

I am still very tempted to get the "old" R8 but if you are right and the new one will devalue fast as well, the "old" R8 will get even cheaper. For under 80k EUR, the "old" R8 V10 Plus with under 20k km would be a true bargain.

--

Translation below for our Non-German speaking friends courtesy of Google:

... Yesterday I had to beat the happiness or pleasure the new R8 a whole day on the BilsterBerg.

So one thing is for me times super clear, the AMG GT is no alternative to the 11er. But the R8 has made a mega leap compared to its predecessor. The box looks much better and more harmonious than in the pictures (ok optics is always subjective). But the relevant improvements are under bodywork: - seating position is good, you are much more integrated into the vehicle, - turn-in and agility is almost on 11er-level - stability is a quantum leap better - the new cockpit fit a Super Spot wagons - processing quality and feel is the best on the market - and the Sahneschnitte located in the back: the engine responds to every little movement of the accelerator pedal and has pressure like a turbo and the sound INCREDIBLE MEGA HYPER GEIL (definitely better than a 991 GT3 !!!).

I consider myself truly as a 11er fan but the R8 is not a Porsche-killer but definitely a 11er turbo fighter and an absolute alternative !!!

Thank you!

Two words are missing.

Sahneschnitte should mean creamy. piece of cream or tasty like cream referring to the engine.

Geil must be something positive about noise but I don't know the exact meaning.

--

"Form follows function"

RC:
    acky:

The previous R8 V10 Plus with 550 hp isn't much different, believe me. Audi has put a lot of improvements in that car. The sound is even a notch better (not by much though), the throttle response not really different. There have been however chassis improvements but overall, the "old" isn't really that bad. At least not 50% of the initial price tag bad. Right now, you can get 2013 or 2014 R8 V10 Plus with under 20k km for under 100k EUR, incl. a 5 year used car Audi  warranty, which basically pays almost as well as the original warranty. 

I am still very tempted to get the "old" R8 but if you are right and the new one will devalue fast as well, the "old" R8 will get even cheaper. For under 80k EUR, the "old" R8 V10 Plus with under 20k km would be a true bargain.

5yr warranty? Is it included on all approved used cars or just in this R8?

I thought that for a new car it is still 2 yrs...no?

RC:
    ...overall, the "old" isn't really that bad.

That is pretty much true for all modern cars, German cars in particular and the 911 itself the best example.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

reginos:

Thank you!

Two words are missing.

Sahneschnitte should mean creamy. piece of cream or tasty like cream referring to the engine.

Geil must be something positive about noise but I don't know the exact meaning.

Smiley Interesting translation but no, geil means horny (or in this comparison more like randy). Smiley
    Germans are using the word geil to express how fantastic something is...but it is of course slang.

--

I always understood geil to be closer to cool.

noone1:

Yes and no, it depends on the context.

That woman looks "geil" means that she looks hot.

This car looks "geil" means it looks cool.

The ride in that car was "geil" means it was fantastic.

I am "geil" means I am horny. Smiley

--

That's tutonic efficiency for you - why have four words when you only need one!!!

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

RC:
    noone1:

Yes and no, it depends on the context.

That woman looks "geil" means that she looks hot.

This car looks "geil" means it looks cool.

The ride in that car was "geil" means it was fantastic.

I am "geil" means I am horny. Smiley

--

Based on the above I did 2 Google searches: " Geile Mädchen" and "Geile Wagen" Smiley

The search results and the corresponding pictures prove that your explanations are very accurate Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

So I did make your day, didn't I?  indecision  wink

--

RC:

So I did make your day, didn't I?  indecision  wink

Sure Smiley. I did a "Clear Recent History" afterwards Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Prices for the old R8 V10 Plus are still falling quicky.

In Mobile.de a red one with 12900km and 18 month old, warranty until 29.05.2019 for 95790€

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=214181946

acky:

In Mobile.de a red one with 12900km and 18 month old, warranty until 29.05.2019 for 95790€

Amazing, isn't it. Smiley If I had the money now, I would get this car instantly. I do not understand why these cars lose so much in value, is there something wrong with the R8 V10 Plus? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    acky:

Amazing, isn't it. Smiley If I had the money now, I would get this car instantly. I do not understand why these cars lose so much in value, is there something wrong with the R8 V10 Plus? Smiley

I think it is as simple as Audi having moved into the upper class sportscar segment, without having the name to do so. This segment is more about brand than performance, or at least you can have all the performance you want, but without the name you are not going to succeed. 

I hope the new R8 depreciate as quickly as the old one.
    After reading some reviews and reports about the new one, I will wait until the new R8 V10 Plus hits around 100k.

acky:

I hope the new R8 depreciate as quickly as the old one.
    After reading some reviews and reports about the new one, I will wait until the new R8 V10 Plus hits around 100k.

Sounds good but where would this put the "old" one? At 60k? I doubt it.

Also, the next generation, if there will be one Smiley (VW scandal and all), will very likely be turbo charged, so the current generation may be the last with a n/a engine, making it (maybe) a car with high(er) demand.

I hate to say this but I do not think you are going to see the current R8 V10 Plus anywhere near 100k for the next three years or so. I would be very surprised.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

I'd buy a V10 manual if you're looking at a first-gen V10.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764305 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436485 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261029 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257957 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82631 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876845 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808891 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM