Re: 488 GTB/GTS

image.jpeg

koko:

image.jpeg

Actually I rather like that. Smiley

I guess the Speciale successor will look awesome. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

It does look surprisingly good. Must be something to do with the bonnet sculpturing now which suits that style of stripe.

I can't believe those side intakes made it to production. Not a fan. enlightened

spudgun:

I can't believe those side intakes made it to production. Not a fan. enlightened

I agree. I never thought I would say this about a mid-engine Ferrari but I don't like the look of the car. The front with the whale mouth and the side intakes make this car look strange.Smiley

--

Of little, to make much: That is the dream of a human life.

instead of test-driving the 488 GTB i test-drove the lambo hurricane extensively today. here is the low-down: excellent damping, very heavy and somewhat artificially steering feel (4WD effect?), highly responsive engine but i don't like that artificial burbling (reminded me of the turbo S), don't like the engine sound really at all - ferrari 8 cylinder sounds much better IMHO. the gearbox has that stupid thing of moving the car from standstill even when the driver is off the accelerator...it felt like any carrera - not good. poor vision sideways and almost no vision back. the interior is full of cheap plastic, toyota style, funny switches everywhere and octagons all around. exterior styling: i like it a lot, just the impersonation of a supercar. but i felt being totally anonymous in the 458 in comparison to driving the huracan: people very often just stare at you in disbelief. luggage space: close to non-existing. all in all the 8-cylinder ferrari feels much better in any respect. i would not even trade a 458 italia for a huracan.

i had just as much fun in the layman GTS i drove recently - don't misunderstand me though, the hurricane is very fast, about turbo S level. 

so the speciale remains the best car i have ever driven, i scold myself every day for not getting one.

cheers peter

pmarkow:

instead of test-driving the 488 GTB i test-drove the lambo hurricane extensively today. here is the low-down: excellent damping, very heavy and somewhat artificially steering feel (4WD effect?), highly responsive engine but i don't like that artificial burbling (reminded me of the turbo S), don't like the engine sound really at all - ferrari 8 cylinder sounds much better IMHO. the gearbox has that stupid thing of moving the car from standstill even when the driver is off the accelerator...it felt like any carrera - not good. poor vision sideways and almost no vision back. the interior is full of cheap plastic, toyota style, funny switches everywhere and octagons all around. exterior styling: i like it a lot, just the impersonation of a supercar. but i felt being totally anonymous in the 458 in comparison to driving the huracan: people very often just stare at you in disbelief. luggage space: close to non-existing. all in all the 8-cylinder ferrari feels much better in any respect. i would not even trade a 458 italia for a huracan.

i had just as much fun in the layman GTS i drove recently - don't misunderstand me though, the hurricane is very fast, about turbo S level. 

so the speciale remains the best car i have ever driven, i scold myself every day for not getting one.

cheers peter

I scold myself for getting rid of mine...............................

--

pmarkow:

Love the Huracan. But if I'm gonna go lambo I'd rather go with a reg Avantador coupe. what a monster !!

pmarkow:

cheers peter

What did I tell you some while ago? The Speciale is an amazing car, I would love to own one but I cannot afford it right now (too many cars, too many toys). The Speciale A is an even better story because it is a combo of the fine Speciale with a cabriolet. A dream come true. Smiley

Whoopsy actually has exactly my (current) want-have dream garage and even the colors are right. Maybe I should move in with him (unfortunately I don't think I'm his type).  Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    pmarkow:

cheers peter

What did I tell you some while ago? The Speciale is an amazing car, I would love to own one but I cannot afford it right now (too many cars, too many toys). The Speciale A is an even better story because it is a combo of the fine Speciale with a cabriolet. A dream come true. Smiley

you were very right. i have to work on my speed of decision...

peter

Whoopsy actually has exactly my (current) want-have dream garage and even the colors are right. Maybe I should move in with him (unfortunately I don't think I'm his type).  Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

speaking of the huracan..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3o7rHJMvZw

noone1:

Strange result Smiley

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    noone1:

Strange result Smiley

Something is wrong with the car.

On an another clip, Same Car lost racing a reg italia. Which is impossible. I'm team Ferrari all the way but no way the Itslia is quicker than the Avantador. 

koko:
    J.Seven:
    noone1:

Strange result Smiley

Something is wrong with the car.

On an another clip, Same Car lost racing a reg italia. Which is impossible. I'm team Ferrari all the way but no way the Itslia is quicker than the Avantador. 

It´s already impossible to loose against Huracan, definitly this Aventador has some bug.

--

J.Seven

Loving the color !!

https://youtu.be/EcsuZSa8sbw

koko:

Loving the color !!

I agree its a great colour, but its Bianco Italia and not Fuji. I'm considering this for the F12 Versione Speciale Smiley

Nice angle  - much better than the full face on  - which I have to say I'm not a great fan of.

crayphile:
    koko:

Loving the color !!

I agree its a great colour, but its Bianco Italia and not Fuji. I'm considering this for the F12 Versione Speciale Smiley

It is Bianco italia. We used to have it on the FF. Looks really amazing in the flesh. 

koko:
    crayphile:
    koko:

Loving the color !!

I agree its a great colour, but its Bianco Italia and not Fuji. I'm considering this for the F12 Versione Speciale Smileygetsketchmate.comdimitra.dariotis-diaz@agenusbio.com

It is Bianco italia. We used to have it on the FF. Looks really amazing in the flesh. 

What colour interior did you go for?

crayphile:
    koko:
    crayphile:
    koko:

Loving the color !!

I agree its a great colour, but its Bianco Italia and not Fuji. I'm considering this for the F12 Versione Speciale Smileygetsketchmate.comdimitra.dariotis-diaz@agenusbio.com

What colour interior did you go for?

Medio Blu.

Interesting, there's a sport exhaust system option for the 488 spider or Titanium sport tailpipes.

BiTurbo:

Interesting, there's a sport exhaust system option for the 488 spider or Titanium sport tailpipes.

This will be cosmetic rather than a true sports exhaust

I take it as a ripoff while you're adding all the options ? heart

I remember the "LaFerrari" having such option, never heard any feedback from the dealer or customers who ordered it.

1444113321177image.jpeg

Hmm, I really just don't think this is a good looking car at all.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690709 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409914 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256105 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235347 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65728 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858660 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774865 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM