Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991.2 and future models Thread Closed

CGX car nut:

Impatiently waiting for more information and pleasantly surprised, and pleased, to see a manual in one of the photographs.  I guess the new AM N430 might not get as much use as I had first thought. 

Can you provide some impressions of your N430 in general or compared to a 911?  Intriguing car for a reasonable price.  

Guys! There´s one thing called "EVOLUTION"

Most (or some) guys here in the forum ("i think") we´re air cooled fans....but...they adapted!

And "we" will always adapt to new things!!!

This car (the 991 facelift) is going to be another that "we" are going to adapt!!! and we are going to "Love It"!!!

Regards from Azores, Portugal!!!

Woshhhhhhhhh (Last time i said "woshhh" was about 5 or more years) LOVED IT!!!!!

--
    This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This is offtopic!!! (Sorry, forum has changed a litle bit and i dont know how to move this post) Havent posted here for a long time! !!! Does ""my good old Ferrari friend "Nberry"" still sitck arround here??? Regards from Azores, Portugal. Woshhhhhhhh.

--
    This is the way this post ends, not with a bang but with a wisper, WOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

This is offtopic!!! (Sorry, forum has changed a litle bit and i dont know how to move this post) Havent posted here for a long time! !!! Does ""my good old Ferrari friend "Nberry"" still sitck arround here??? Regards from Azores, Portugal. Woshhhhhhhh.

He sure is, but he is no longer that much into Ferrari. He joined the dark side Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

vantagesc:
    CGX car nut:

Impatiently waiting for more information and pleasantly surprised, and pleased, to see a manual in one of the photographs.  I guess the new AM N430 might not get as much use as I had first thought. 

Can you provide some impressions of your N430 in general or compared to a 911?  Intriguing car for a reasonable price.  

Dynamically, the N430 feels different as the driver sits far back, almost on top of the rear axle; therefore, turn-in seems a bit more laggy or delayed.  The damping is compliant and well-controlled but the 911 feels more connected.  All is forgotten by the exhaust noise.  

Wonderbar:

Reginos, I don't see this button on the car in the AutoBild photos.  Is it with SC option?

It was on the PDK car but not in the picture of the manual.

It could be a PDK-only option or standard on the S model or..... Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

bluelines:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

He sure is, but he is no longer that much into Ferrari. He joined the dark side Smiley

Reallly??? I guess Hell did come to San Diego!!! :P Good to be back after 5/6 years!!! Regards from Azores, Portugal!!!

--

Paulo_Rangel_Melo:

Guys! There´s one thing called "EVOLUTION"

Most (or some) guys here in the forum ("i think") we´re air cooled fans....but...they adapted!

And "we" will always adapt to new things!!!

This car (the 991 facelift) is going to be another that "we" are going to adapt!!! and we are going to "Love It"!!!

Regards from Azores, Portugal!!!

Woshhhhhhhhh (Last time i said "woshhh" was about 5 or more years) LOVED IT!!!!!

Ha Paulo! Welcome back mate, it's good to see you again! Hope all is well on the beautiful Azores?

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

reginos:

Prices, please?

Are you planing a replacement ? Smiley

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

Gnil:
    reginos:

Prices, please?

Are you planing a replacement ? Smiley

I am always planning Smiley

However, for the usage I have for the 911 and the time I can spend driving it, the 991, although improved compared to the 997.2 in certain areas, wasn't worth the extra money taking into account my own priorities.

The 991.2? We'll have to see it.

--

"Form follows function"

Thanks Man! I Good to see you too!!! Apreciate that !!! Azores is better than ever!!! Low Cost (after 20 plus years) are flying here finally and tourism is up 20 plus %!!! and we still mantain Mother Nature...also...we´re seeing more Porsche´s than ever here in Azores!!! :) 

--

reginos:

porsche-911-devel-drive-004.jpg

What is it?? Smiley

It's a sports response button. There are 4 settings that adjust the throttle response for a sportier behavior.

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

0=normal

S=sport

S+ sport plus

I any ideas?

--

"Form follows function"

Ice? For Camp 4. 😂

I for Internet controlled throttle and car response. It is part of car connect and new porsche social media sports driving community. There is a realtime tool where all community members can have direct access to your car. Rennteam is also preparing a true two-way connect to this portal. So we could have access also thru Rennteam. All members can change the settings and a algorithm based on fuzzy logic will then update your car settings including throttle response, exhaust sound, music you can hear, braking power and the overall power output of your car. It is a pretty cool thing.

But before the lunch of the portal you can use this button for individual settings.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

I vote we put Justin Beaver music for RC. 

Individual

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

KresoF1:
    Grant:

Aha - so, you'll only keep GTS for a few months?  Do you have to pay VAT twice?

No, car will go to my business partner here in early 2016 when I get 991.2 

He wants 991.2 GTS but, he is not willing to pay price of new one. Therefor I ordered the car in his desired color and low specs (I just added -20mm). I will drive it until 991.2 arrives. It will be also a good thing to compare both generations directly.

In Croatia you can buy the car for your business but if driving privately you (your company) can not collect the VAT back. So it is the same if you would buy it as a private person. 

When selling a used car, you or the buyer have to pay 5% special tax. So you have to be a Greek to buy a car just for a few month Smiley or you love your country so much 

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Gauss:

Individual

Throttle, PDK, PASM, PSM, ABS. Any other new parameters?

--

"Form follows function"

When the official unveil is expected? 

ALDO:
    KresoF1:
    Grant:

No, car will go to my business partner here in early 2016 when I get 991.2 

He wants 991.2 GTS but, he is not willing to pay price of new one. Therefor I ordered the car in his desired color and low specs (I just added -20mm). I will drive it until 991.2 arrives. It will be also a good thing to compare both generations directly.

In Croatia you can buy the car for your business but if driving privately you (your company) can not collect the VAT back. So it is the same if you would buy it as a private person. 

When selling a used car, you or the buyer have to pay 5% special tax. So you have to be a Greek to buy a car just for a few month Smiley or you love your country so much 

What you wrote is correct to some extent. I am working and living here long enough to know what is possible and what is legally acceptable. Car will be registrated on company where my partner and I share ownership (it is so called "closed" d.d.). I will use the car for about 6 months and then he will use the car. Simple as that. My bookkeeper knows her stuff pretty well since she worked for over 15 years in Ministry of Finance. All is about carefull planning and working by the law (you needto know local laws and their interpretation by local authorities).

KresoF1:
    ALDO:
    KresoF1:
    Grant:

No, car will go to my business partner here in early 2016 when I get 991.2 

What you wrote is correct to some extent. I am working and living here long enough to know what is possible and what is legally acceptable. Car will be registrated on company where my partner and I share ownership (it is so called "closed" d.d.). I will use the car for about 6 months and then he will use the car. Simple as that. My bookkeeper knows her stuff pretty well since she worked for over 15 years in Ministry of Finance. All is about carefull planning and working by the law (you needto know local laws and their interpretation by local authorities).

You can turn it 100 times, PDV (VAT) has to be paid and "Porez na promet" also. You know well what I mean Smiley

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

PDV(VAT) will be payed.  Croatia is despite its shortcomings and some problems a country where most citizens and companies are paying their taxes. Other thing is how good are some of the tax laws. Some like Fiscalization Law http://www.fiscalization.hr/en/questions-and-answers are excellent. Imagine similar law in Greece...

reginos:

0=normal

S=sport

S+ sport plus

I any ideas?

Porsche SRB

O = Original

S = Sport

S+ = Sport Plus

I = Individual (you can adjust this setting in the new PCM system)

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    reginos:

0=normal

S=sport

S+ sport plus

I any ideas?

Porsche SRB

O = Original

S = Sport

S+ = Sport Plus

I = Individual (you can adjust this setting in the new PCM system)

Christian, you are a true German! No space left of a joke Smiley

The same answer would have give us Schäuble Smiley

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Audi now being said to introduce an electric turbocharger on the new S4 at Frankfurt.   http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1026341_new-audi-s4-headed-to-frankfurt-auto-show-with-electrically-aided-turbo-report

Could Porsche have a similar set-up, based on a few postings above, for the 991.2?  

Technically, such a setup cannot be called a turbocharger since it is not driven by exhaust gas. It is a electric supercharger.

--

Whoopsy:

Technically, such a setup cannot be called a turbocharger since it is not driven by exhaust gas. It is a electric supercharger.

Unless there is a combination of regular and electric turbos - then it's dual-charged?

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753110 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430721 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258599 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255457 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79507 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868320 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801875 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM