Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

SciFrog:

Jus another proof that Porsche is really missing out on a specific model:

a GT3 (not RS) with no wing and 4 seats… And its convertible version… They could price it around $160k and it would sell like hotcakes. That's the only 911 I would consider.

What is wrong with the "normal" Carrera cabriolet? It's engine is better suited for road use than the GT3 and the suspension too. It has four seats and no wing either Smiley

...but I guess it is not exclusive enough for the RT crowd.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

Sad that there are so many GT3 RS for sale on the second hand market. Seems like many have bought them for speculation.

Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:

turns out the RS is too hardcore for my wife after all:::((((  

i already put it on autoscout24, for a very reasonable premium (i am not a flipper but selling at list seems very stupid at this point). will get back to F 488 GTB after all,

peter

Just like that you flip it? surely you knew how an "RS" was before you ordered it?

Pity, that RS could have gone to an RS enthusiast spec'ed exactly to his liking and without having to pay needlessly extra for it.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Exactly what I was thinking of. Curious and little strange.

--

AM

pmarkow:

and maybe i have a chance finally for the F12 TdF.......

I hope she doesn't make you flip that one too Smiley

ALDO:
    Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:

i already put it on autoscout24, for a very reasonable premium (i am not a flipper but selling at list seems very stupid at this point). will get back to F 488 GTB after all,

peter

Just like that you flip it? surely you knew how an "RS" was before you ordered it?

Pity, that RS could have gone to an RS enthusiast spec'ed exactly to his liking and without having to pay needlessly extra for it.

--

I agree too, this is such a major purchase that needs to be carefully considered under all aspects as part of the buying process. Smiley

crayphile:
    pmarkow:

and maybe i have a chance finally for the F12 TdF.......

I hope she doesn't make you flip that one too Smiley

don't think she will. 

Ziggy:
    ALDO:
    Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:

peter

--

I agree too, this is such a major purchase that needs to be carefully considered under all aspects as part of the buying process. Smiley

honestly, i don't think of it as a major purchase. it is a car not a house. buy it - like it - keep it, don't like it - sell it. what is so special or strange about it?

Completely agree. Need a 911 with the GT3 engine and four seats. Absolute no brainer. There are those of us that want something a bit special but also want to be able to put the kids in the back for a Sunday drive, and we are not flippers nor speculators, rather real Porsche fans. Why is this so hard for Porsche to understand.

ALDO:
    Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:

peter

--

pmarkow,

All buyers know what the RS is all about, you surely did?. I wish I had your slot because that would have been a keeper for me, like my 991 GT3, I love it...

UK OPC's reckon they are keeping the names of flippers on record, hope that is the case and even when the 918 brigade do it because its become a distasteful money making circus.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:
    ALDO:
    Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:

peter

--

pmarkow,

All buyers know what the RS is all about, you surely did?. I wish I had your slot because that would have been a keeper for me, like my 991 GT3, I love it...

UK OPC's reckon they are keeping the names of flippers on record, hope that is the case and even when the 918 brigade do it because its become a distasteful money making circus.

it probably makes little sense to argue here but let me try to explain nevertheless: i have driven the 991 GT3 with the sport seats in 2013 and found it rather harsh but bearable. the 458 speciale was just great all around, i scold myself for not buying it. 

i certainly knew what the GT3 RS was all about but i have to admit that i have never driven one. it turns out that both of us find the carbon buckets comfy for 30 min but my wife says she can't imagine spending more than an hour in them. it is probably the (lack) of inclination or the shape of then....not everyone is built equal. certainly i have read about this issue in the forums but it is different when you feel it yourself.

the other day the possibility to get a TdF came up again, so i have two strong incentives to sell the RS. is this a crime against humanity????

peter

LOL!

I'm trying to find out whether or when Ferrari will release a handling package to stiffen up the F12's ride and you plan to sell RS because of its harsh ride one of the reasons why I miss my GT2 a lot.

The tdf will be stiffer and you won't feel much of a difference when you press the bumpy road button, so you're in for another big surprise if harshness is not what you want.

Then you have Corsa tires that aren't your best choice on a wet & rainy day and knowing the F12 and how it likes to spin the rears, this won't be a friendly car if you think you can manage it on a trip with a passenger in a bad weather angry

Good luck on whatever you end up buying!

pmarkow:
    i certainly knew what the GT3 RS was all about but i have to admit that i have never driven one. it turns out that both of us find the carbon buckets comfy for 30 min but my wife says she can't imagine spending more than an hour in them. 

peter

I agree wit you, it is better to have a car that you can use more then 30 minutes at a time.
    Although I love the buckets they might not be for all of us.

BiTurbo:

LOL!

I'm trying to find out whether or when Ferrari will release a handling package to stiffen up the F12's ride and you plan to sell RS because of its harsh ride one of the reasons why I miss my GT2 a lot.

The tdf will be stiffer and you won't feel much of a difference when you press the bumpy road button, so you're in for another big surprise if harshness is not what you want.

Then you have Corsa tires that aren't your best choice on a wet & rainy day and knowing the F12 and how it likes to spin the rears, this won't be a friendly car if you think you can manage it on a trip with a passenger in a bad weather angry

+ 1 . I can well imagine the TDF will be very difficult as a car to do long trips . hard, noisy and inappropriate tires linked with huge power .

Peter, in the RS you could of chosen the normal sports seats 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    BiTurbo:

LOL!

+ 1 . I can well imagine the TDF will be very difficult as a car to do long trips . hard, noisy and inappropriate tires linked with huge power .

+1 TdF is rumoured to be very savage, I'm quite sure it will be less comfy than an RS would be. Also an entirely different price bracket. Smiley

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Gnil:

Would have been the obvious choice in this case if the car was a keeper and plan to do trips, but if you are flipping it after delivery you may get less $ without buckets so...

--

320k euro...what is MSRP for this car?

this is the issue with many in demand cars today .. no chance to drive or sit in one until yours arrives.

I too, would take 458 Speciale in a heartbeat over any RS.

Carlos from Spain:

Would have been the obvious choice in this case if the car was a keeper and plan to do trips, but if you are flipping it after delivery you may get less $ without buckets so...

--

If comfort is the issue, why not simply retrofit the normal sports seat ? Selling the car sounds a bit precipitous.

Like said above, it's a shame this spot wasn't made available to someone who wouldn't want to make money out of it but keep it for himself and enjoy the car.

if anyone can make money on car, I am pleased for them .. no different to making money any other way.

sfo:

if anyone can make money on car, I am pleased for them .. no different to making money any other way.

It may be legal but not ethical, there is only no difference if you don't care about the second at all, to each his own.

One thing for example is to buy a classic car for example that may appreciate in value over time and should you decide to sell it, make a profit from that appreciation. But quite another thing is to place yourself on a waiting list of a limited supply car with high demand pretending to want to own and enjoy the car and deceiving the maker and dealer, when in reality you have no intention of keeping or using the car, and all you want is to take the slot to resale the car for more money to the people that got pushed out of the list by people like you artificially raising the price for nothing.

So no, it's not the same as making money any other way. Parasites like these should not expect much empathy in a sportcar forum like this full of real sportcar enthusiasts. You may be pleased for them for doing that, but me,instead I feel bad for the actual sportcar enmthusiast who really wanted the car and got screwed over, not only having to pay extra for the car to the person who scalped his position on the list but also not being able to spec the car to his liking.

--

Carlos from Spain

So no, it's not the same as making money any other way. Parasites like these should not expect much empathy in a sportcar forum like this full of real sportcar enthusiasts. You may be pleased for them for doing that, but me,instead I feel bad for the actual sportcar enmthusiast who really wanted the car and got screwed over, not only having to pay extra for the car to the person who scalped his position on the list but also not being able to spec the car to his liking.

Very well said Smiley It's a real shame when true enthusiasts either cannot get a car or are faced to pay a ridiculous premium. This is not sour grapes, we are all big boys and know that  the world is not a fair place.

Carlos from Spain:
    sfo:

It may be legal but not ethical, there is only no difference if you don't care about the second at all, to each his own.

One thing for example is to buy a classic car for example that may appreciate in value over time and should you decide to sell it, make a profit from that appreciation. But quite another thing is to place yourself on a waiting list of a limited supply car with high demand pretending to want to own and enjoy the car and deceiving the maker and dealer, when in reality you have no intention of keeping or using the car, and all you want is to take the slot to resale the car for more money to the people that got pushed out of the list by people like you artificially raising the price for nothing.

what has ethics got to do with it?

supply and demand, pure and simple.

pmarkow:
    Ziggy:
    ALDO:
    Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:

peter

--

honestly, i don't think of it as a major purchase. it is a car not a house. buy it - like it - keep it, don't like it - sell it. what is so special or strange about it?

I hope you don't plan to get another exclusive Porsche over the next couple of years because, I think, it will be impossible. Porsche does not like GT3 RS customers selling their cars shortly after taking delivery. Actually, I think that dealers may even have a certain clause (6 months) in the contract but I'm not sure how it works in Austria.

I understand your reason but to be honest, I have a hard time believing it. Smiley

If your wife doesn't like the car, it may be the wing (my wife would hate a GT3 RS, she thinks this is a car for men with small...you understand Smiley), most women don't "get" it. A Ferrari looks more elegant. This is like the difference between a Gaultier and a Chanel dress. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

sfo:
    what has ethics got to do with it?

@sfo : With respect  Smiley , I think you might be missing the main point which is that on a car enthusiast forum such as this when a flip happens it leaves a bad taste in the mouth and more than a tinge of regret that the car did not end up in the right hands in the first place. In the real world , of course, supply and demand rules -  but that does not make it right.

crayphile:
    sfo:

@sfo : With respect  Smiley , I think you might be missing the main point which is that on a car enthusiast forum such as this when a flip happens it leaves a bad taste in the mouth and more than a tinge of regret that the car did not end up in the right hands in the first place. In the real world , of course, supply and demand rules -  but that does not make it right.

I agree it leaves a bad taste ..

But I still fail to see what ethics has to do with it.

Me too. Luxury goods. Ethics does not apply. 

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

sfo:
    crayphile:
    sfo:

Supply and demand dictates prices, which is totally fair, the act of scalping is not.

Say you bought a RS and you take delivery and is enjoying the car but shortly aftyer you suffer from a lowback lession that doesn't allow you to drive low stiff cars or you move out of country and cant take it with you, and you decide to sell it. What ever price you get is totally fair, supply and demand, and if you get over MSRP great for you. Nothing worng with that at all.

But getting on a difficult list for a car under the deception that you want the car, as the list is only for those that want to keep the car, with the intention to flip it after delivery to someone who legitinaltely wanted the car but did not get a slot (because of flippers). That is wrong in my book and ethics has a lot to do with it. And has nothing to do with supply and demand, the price at what you resell it for is not the point it's how you obtained the car.

--

bluelines:
    SciFrog:

Jus another proof that Porsche is really missing out on a specific model:

a GT3 (not RS) with no wing and 4 seats… And its convertible version… They could price it around $160k and it would sell like hotcakes. That's the only 911 I would consider.

What is wrong with the "normal" Carrera cabriolet? It's engine is better suited for road use than the GT3 and the suspension too. It has four seats and no wing either Smiley

...but I guess it is not exclusive enough for the RT crowd.

We are in Miami this weekend, in a short 5 min drive around the house we saw four 991 and one 458 plus many Maserati. Later we saw two huracan two more 458 and one gold SLR convertible… I'd rather drive an 8 year old AM than a 991 especially for the price they ask nowadays. Also saw a gorgeous red 911 turbo cab from the 70s (?).

Gauss:

Carlos from Spain:

--

If comfort is the issue, why not simply retrofit the normal sports seat ? Selling the car sounds a bit precipitous.

Like said above, it's a shame this spot wasn't made available to someone who wouldn't want to make money out of it but keep it for himself and enjoy the car.

I agree with it all .

But, some people  with great amount of money  don't necessary think about flipping a car , but order what ever is new and somehow tempting and then decide once they have the car if they will keep it or not . Sometimes they will loose quite a bit of money, and sometimes they will make some , but that is not the primary purpose when buying . 

I agree it is sad the car does not go to someone who wanted one to keep , specially if it is now at a premium . If the premium is very low, then it is ' excusable' .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

sfo:
    crayphile:
    sfo:

Agreed.

Blame the game not the players. I hate that manufacturers (Ferrari Porsche) don't make enough cars to meet demand. Just makes me want to give them even less money and buy used cars for a significant discount.

That said I would not buy a car and flip it that fast because I would do some homework before, but will have no regret whatsoever to sell my 612 for more than I paid for years ago if it happens...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688702 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408765 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255554 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234813 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65401 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857635 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773479 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM