Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

Kobalt:

Gnil: I was hoping to see your car at the Scuderia Hanseat :-(

I was also hopping to get it for the Scuderia . It will be a big frustration to go there without it . I am kind of fed up to drive my ' old' carrera on the track .  Scuderia is so early this year ...... good, but not good for me this time . I will get the car the week after I get back Smiley

Anyway, nice if we can still meet . Are you with the Ring Runner crowd ?

--

997.2 C2 ,  -20mm  I 964 Carrera 4 I 991 GT3 RS on order delivery early Sept .

regarding PTS :

Informations are very contradicting . Some say they have confirmed orders  but .......

My brother , who has also an RS on order wanted PTS. Porsche Switzerland said at the beginning of the week that he could get it  . But today he got a call directly form Porsche Germany .

The guy said there will be NO PTS for anybody . All customers who ordered PTS will receive a letter saying that they must choose in the official proposed colors . And that as of today this si the rule and the only rule . He was pretty pissed of at all the forum rumors .

So ......... yes   where is the truth regarding PTS  

--

Gnil:
    Super Darius:

Eric,

for what i know every exclusive option take a day more of production.

For example,mine is this week in production,the end production is 20 July,then i think to have 3 days of exclusive(painted key,black rims,black leds)and will be ready around the 23/24 July,then will go in the parking ready to be uploaded on the truck.

My delivery is estimated in week 32(3/7 august) so is like to tell the car will remain in the parking for more than a week.My dealer as soon as have the WIN number(end production enclosed exclusive options) will try to make pression to let pick up for transport soonest.

So,next week i will let you know if really every exclusive oprion take a day or not...but a delay of weeks for me doesn't matter with this.

One thing i understand for sure,is that at least in Italy with the RS for production they follow yes the "order" of order placed by date(first older orders) but they follow also the rating of dealers.

To make it short i think to be one of the first that ordered the RS 2 years ago,but i think at least 10 cars are just delivered in Italy and mine not.Some dealers has just 2 cars delivered...my dealer zero,mine will be the first...so...

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Let me know . So even if every exclusive takes one more day, I should have 4 or 5 more days then the other .

well...seems yes.Next week we will know..if my VIN will pop up around the 23/24 July is right to tell every exclusive option take one day,if pop up monday,exclusive option insted is enclosed in the planned end of production of Porsche system.

if doesn't pop up...is better that someone(my dealer) start to take an airplane and to fly farSmileySmiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Gnil:

regarding PTS :

Informations are very contradicting . Some say they have confirmed orders  but .......

My brother , who has also an RS on order wanted PTS. Porsche Switzerland said at the beginning of the week that he could get it  . But today he got a call directly form Porsche Germany .

The guy said there will be NO PTS for anybody . All customers who ordered PTS will receive a letter saying that they must choose in the official proposed colors . And that as of today this si the rule and the only rule . He was pretty pissed of at all the forum rumors .

So ......... yes   where is the truth regarding PTS  

Porsche only has a limited production window for making the RS. 

PTS orders are send to the back of the queue, lining them up from the last slot back, in order to provide lead time to validate the colours on the different surface materials. As the queue gets longer and moving closer to current dates, the window for validation is closing fast. I believe that window is now closed as of 1st week of July and hence no more PTS.

Some 'normal' PTS colours like the 3 mentioned before, black, yellow, blue, were already validated and hence they only needs a lead time of 1 month and can still be ordered. But I believe even the window for those colours area also closing fast if not closed already.

I believe UV's window is also closed right now, for some reason Porsche has trouble keeping that paint in production and whatever is made already will be the only ones. Maybe Porsche underestimate the demand for it.

I suspect the RS will only stay in production till maybe January or so, for some reason I think it will not be a full year till next May. I think the limiting factor being the lack of availability of the LWB. Lear simply can't make them fast enough.

--

The information I have got from my dealer yesterday was that when I requested PTS several months ago it was approved but declined yesterday. Now if either UV or Miami Blue isnt possible either due to wathever reason I will order the car in white as a friend of mine who is a Porsche collector already offered me CHF 50k above list price. So I will just sell it on and Porsche has lost any future business with me. 

Mike

Yes, I will probably be in group 10 or 11.
    I have a white GT3 2007 CS with black OZ Superforgiatas without the Ring Runners emblem, just the start number on the side.

I'll PM you some more details when we get closer to the Scuderia.

UV UV UV UV UV

Kobalt:

Yes, I will probably be in group 10 or 11.
    I have a white GT3 2007 CS with black OZ Superforgiatas without the Ring Runners emblem, just the start number on the side.

Ooh! That is YOU! Smiley

We are always in group 4 for historical reasons which no one can remember anymore. Nevertheless, I will be there with the GT4 and it would be great to catch up.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

FYI - Kobalt is coming with me and Trakcar to Scuderia S7 in late Sept and to Spa right after for anyone else who would like to join wink

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

So who is going to the Scuderia Hanseat this autumn?

Kobalt
    Bluelines
    Gnil

Anyone else?

I would, but won't have my car in time...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Kobalt:

So who is going to the Scuderia Hanseat this autumn?

Kobalt
    Bluelines
    Gnil

Anyone else?

DaveGordon (with a 991 GT3)

twoTurbos (with a Nissan GT-R)

--

Scuderia Hanseat Rennteamers Autumn 2015 so far:

Kobalt
    Bluelines
    Gnil
    DaveGordon
    twoTurbos

It is gonna be fun meeting you guys!

Kobalt:

It is gonna be fun meeting you guys!

Detsamma! wink Bästa veckan på året kiss

--

Detsamma! Bästa veckan på året

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Smiley

Gnil:
    Mike S:

I haven't checked the previous posts, but I know one of the delays are for the super lightweight seats. That is a 10 week delay if you picked that option. My car went into build 10 days ago and will only be here on October as a result.

My car has the lightweight seats and so does the car of the other customer . This delay has already been calculated in . If no delay, I would of had the car probably now . 

And my car has not gone into built yet . 

@RC : Shows how much I'm kept in the loop these days I was only aware of the delays around a month or so back. Smiley

Gnil: Sorry to hear! It is an utter pity you are not going to experience such a machine for your summer season. I do hope it goes into build very soon! I was so relieved to have official confirmation of the build date, as it was dragging on from my side too.

Grant:

FYI - Kobalt is coming with me and Trakcar to Scuderia S7 in late Sept and to Spa right after for anyone else who would like to join wink

You guys are my summer heroes ! Smiley Smiley

--

M3ike:

The information I have got from my dealer yesterday was that when I requested PTS several months ago it was approved but declined yesterday. 

Mike

Same thing my brother was told Friday by someone who called him special from  Porsche Stuttgart .  ALL PTS ORDERS WILL BE CANCELED . Even the ones ordered many month ago .

--

Gnil:
    M3ike:

The information I have got from my dealer yesterday was that when I requested PTS several months ago it was approved but declined yesterday. 

Mike

Same thing my brother was told Friday by someone who called him special from  Porsche Stuttgart .  ALL PTS ORDERS WILL BE CANCELED . Even the ones ordered many month ago .

It is hard to understand why Porsche have such issues with PTS. They need to sort their sh*t out. 

--

I can imagine the problem arises from the fact that all the plastic parts like bumpers, wings, skirts etc come ready painted from the suppliers. Suppliers might not be able to handle a large accumulation of PTS orders.

--

"Form follows function"

The basic lesson Porsche must learn from the PTS fiasco is that they have been overwhelmed by customer demand due to the fact that they offered such a poor choice of basic colours in the first place. They seem to be completely out of touch with what their GT customers want in terms of colour and trim. The standard offerings are so poor that a huge number of people have opted for PTS which has simply swamped the paintshop capacity in the allotted production run time it would appear.

From what I've read elsewhere it seems Porsche still hide behind a 3 month lead time for paint from their supplier which is just laughable as any colour can be batch mixed these days on demand.

IMHO they really need to re-evaluate the whole paint and trim aspect of their production to meet their customers requirements better. Why is it still such a hassle in 2015 to order contrast stitching for instance?? Ferrari sorted this out years ago. Make it one code for a complete interior or design the interiors in such a way that it is possible to provide contrast stitching more easily in stitching packages that allow contrasts to be made on the seats only or dash top and door tops etc. This is an easy profit margin area to promote. I read Eduardo's factory visit report on another forum where he said senior Porsche executives wonder why he spends so much time and effort explaining the options Porsche Exclusive can offer. I had to laugh at that as they were completely oblivious to the fact that this is an area so poorly understood within the dealer network and so easy to screw up when ordering that most dealers simply do not bother to explain or promote it hence why people like Eduardo step in to fill the breach for customers intent on personalising their car to exactly how they want it.  Porsche make this a difficult and often frustrating process when it should be a fun journey that really makes the whole purchase special.

ISUK:

The basic lesson Porsche must learn from the PTS fiasco is that they have been overwhelmed by customer demand due to the fact that they offered such a poor choice of basic colours in the first place. They seem to be completely out of touch with what their GT customers want in terms of colour and trim. The standard offerings are so poor that a huge number of people have opted for PTS which has simply swamped the paintshop capacity in the allotted production run time it would appear.

From what I've read elsewhere it seems Porsche still hide behind a 3 month lead time for paint from their supplier which is just laughable as any colour can be batch mixed these days on demand.

IMHO they really need to re-evaluate the whole paint and trim aspect of their production to meet their customers requirements better. Why is it still such a hassle in 2015 to order contrast stitching for instance?? Ferrari sorted this out years ago. Make it one code for a complete interior or design the interiors in such a way that it is possible to provide contrast stitching more easily in stitching packages that allow contrasts to be made on the seats only or dash top and door tops etc. This is an easy profit margin area to promote. I read Eduardo's factory visit report on another forum where he said senior Porsche executives wonder why he spends so much time and effort explaining the options Porsche Exclusive can offer. I had to laugh at that as they were completely oblivious to the fact that this is an area so poorly understood within the dealer network and so easy to screw up when ordering that most dealers simply do not bother to explain or promote it hence why people like Eduardo step in to fill the breach for customers intent on personalising their car to exactly how they want it.  Porsche make this a difficult and often frustrating process when it should be a fun journey that really makes the whole purchase special.

So well said and so on the mark.  Frankly I don't understand the purpose of Porsche Exclusive's existence given the circumstances.

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

ISUK:

+1 Smiley Well said.

It is a very un-German inefficiency going on there at the Exclusive Department Smiley

--

To be fair, their point of view is that they can offer a very very customized version of a car if a customer chooses. 

I talked to them at length concerning the convoluted way to have contrast stitching, that we might miss a code or 2 while ordering and their answer was that we should consult a design consultant. mail

But you bet they know we as customers WANTS a single code that covers all the stitching. I even suggest to them that they can keep their current arcane coding system but add one code that ticks all the boxes like how Ferrari does it.

--

I have this crazy idea that just popped up.

Was thinking if I can get Porsche to hang onto my RS till October, I might fly into Stuttgart and collect it there and drive all the way south to Paul Ricard for the 918 track training event, then drive all the way back up to Stuttgart for them to ship it over.

Is this too crazy?

--

Hello Nicholas,

My GT4 build is in Sep and I am collecting in Stuttgart in Oct too. Weather should stay ok by then and will be around for a couple of weeks b4 shipping the car all the way to HK. When were u originally getting ur RS?

Raymond

--
    RK

Whoopsy:

I have this crazy idea that just popped up.

Was thinking if I can get Porsche to hang onto my RS till October, I might fly into Stuttgart and collect it there and drive all the way south to Paul Ricard for the 918 track training event, then drive all the way back up to Stuttgart for them to ship it over.

Is this too crazy?

Sounds like a fun trip kiss

At that time of year it would be best off on winter tyres - it does sound like the factory will lend sets out for non-EU factory collections, though.

Maybe you could get Porsche to switch slots with someone else Smiley I know Gnil would be very keen to get his a little earlier..

--

2015 911 GT3, 2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

@Dave, don't think that's possible, Canadian spec vs Germany spec cars. Plus I have a custom door sill for 918 owners smiley

@Raymond, my car is done as of July 10th, it should be done inspection by now and might even be sitting on the shipping lot waiting to be loaded onto transport if they didn't pull it off the line awaiting European delivery decision. 

I am also asking to see if I can do a Porsche Experience Centre Atlanta delivery if we can't arrange a European delivery.  Seems like I am always trying to throw a wrench at the carefully scripted Germans at the last moment.

--

Whoopsy:

I talked to them at length concerning the convoluted way to have contrast stitching, that we might miss a code or 2 while ordering and their answer was that we should consult a design consultant. mail

Their arrogance is astonishing. The 987.2 Boxster S I ordered up a few years ago with a lot of Exclusive options was double checked by the relevant specialist in the UK importer to ensure we had captured all of the relevant codes to ensure every part of the interior had white stitching. When it arrived at the dealer the alcantara centre console lid with Porsche embossed on it was correct except for....you guessed it ... no white stitching Smiley  It seems nobody in the Exclusive department thinks to pick up the phone to the relevant country importer and say they think a mistake has possibly been made when they see every other stitchable item requested in a specific colour with one odd one out Smiley

I actually think it's more because of the robotic way they go about. Like a computer processing instructions, it won't THINK about what the orders were, it just carries them out without questions.

The 997 generation cars are a prime example, most people can pick up all the codes to have contrast stitching, but just about everyone MISSED the tiny little section ahead of the shifter, the piece right by the storage cubby hole.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689553 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409229 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255739 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857973 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774033 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM