Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

Gnil:
    BiTurbo:

LOL!

I'm trying to find out whether or when Ferrari will release a handling package to stiffen up the F12's ride and you plan to sell RS because of its harsh ride one of the reasons why I miss my GT2 a lot.

The tdf will be stiffer and you won't feel much of a difference when you press the bumpy road button, so you're in for another big surprise if harshness is not what you want.

Then you have Corsa tires that aren't your best choice on a wet & rainy day and knowing the F12 and how it likes to spin the rears, this won't be a friendly car if you think you can manage it on a trip with a passenger in a bad weather angry

Good luck on whatever you end up buying!

+ 1 . I can well imagine the TDF will be very difficult as a car to do long trips . hard, noisy and inappropriate tires linked with huge power .

Peter, in the RS you could of chosen the normal sports seats 

re seats: you are right, it was a mistake. i should have chosen the sport seats but was guided by the great looks of the carbon buckets and - i must admit - by residuals. we both sat in them for 20min or so a year ago but obviously this does not allow good judgement. anyway, now it is too late. today i rethought the whole issue though… maybe a cushion can sort the back pain issue. i really like the RS and want to give it a try at least.

re TdF: i have driven one two weeks ago and did not find it very harsh in the soft mode setting. a bit harsher than the speciale but less than the GT3RS. but all this is subjective. 

if ferrari gives me a TdF i will not be able to say no.

peter

wantone:

320k euro...what is MSRP for this car?

275K in austria including all taxes, believe it or not….

Carlos from Spain:
    sfo:

if anyone can make money on car, I am pleased for them .. no different to making money any other way.

It may be legal but not ethical, there is only no difference if you don't care about the second at all, to each his own.

One thing for example is to buy a classic car for example that may appreciate in value over time and should you decide to sell it, make a profit from that appreciation. But quite another thing is to place yourself on a waiting list of a limited supply car with high demand pretending to want to own and enjoy the car and deceiving the maker and dealer, when in reality you have no intention of keeping or using the car, and all you want is to take the slot to resale the car for more money to the people that got pushed out of the list by people like you artificially raising the price for nothing.

So no, it's not the same as making money any other way. Parasites like these should not expect much empathy in a sportcar forum like this full of real sportcar enthusiasts. You may be pleased for them for doing that, but me,instead I feel bad for the actual sportcar enmthusiast who really wanted the car and got screwed over, not only having to pay extra for the car to the person who scalped his position on the list but also not being able to spec the car to his liking.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

you should think a bit more before you call someone a parasite. 

Carlos from Spain:
    That is wrong in my book and ethics has a lot to do with it. And has nothing to do with supply and demand, the price at what you resell it for is not the point it's how you obtained the car.

if that is correct, potential buyers of all in demand things should examine their consciences before 'depriving' other more 'deserving' folk of that item

sounds utopian and communist to me .. completely unworkable.

I still don't see what ethics has to do with it .. what is unethical about buying a thing and selling for a profit? Is that not what capitalism is about?

sfo:

I still don't see what ethics has to do with it .. what is unethical about buying a thing and selling for a profit? Is that not what capitalism is about?

you may be right, but this is a car forum ? Smiley ...

Gnil:
    Gauss:

Carlos from Spain:

Would have been the obvious choice in this case if the car was a keeper and plan to do trips, but if you are flipping it after delivery you may get less $ without buckets so...

--

If comfort is the issue, why not simply retrofit the normal sports seat ? Selling the car sounds a bit precipitous.

Like said above, it's a shame this spot wasn't made available to someone who wouldn't want to make money out of it but keep it for himself and enjoy the car.

I agree with it all .

But, some people  with great amount of money  don't necessary think about flipping a car , but order what ever is new and somehow tempting and then decide once they have the car if they will keep it or not . Sometimes they will loose quite a bit of money, and sometimes they will make some , but that is not the primary purpose when buying . 

If this is the case I see nothing wrong with that. If you legitimately ordered the car with the intention of keeping it and once delivered you decide you don't ilke it and decide to sell it, then nobody can blame you for that. I was reffering to those that take a slot on the list to resell it.

--

Carlos from Spain:
     I was reffering to those that take a slot on the list to resell it.

And there are lots of them if you look at the second hand car market for the RS . Some intended from the start ( the vultures !!! ) and some lost their soul when they got the car ans realized they could make so much money reselling it .

The first ones do screw up the market and  should be better filtered .  But that is nearly impossible as lots of the sales agents are probably in the game too in a way or another 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

pmarkow:
    Carlos from Spain:
    sfo:

if anyone can make money on car, I am pleased for them .. no different to making money any other way.

It may be legal but not ethical, there is only no difference if you don't care about the second at all, to each his own.

One thing for example is to buy a classic car for example that may appreciate in value over time and should you decide to sell it, make a profit from that appreciation. But quite another thing is to place yourself on a waiting list of a limited supply car with high demand pretending to want to own and enjoy the car and deceiving the maker and dealer, when in reality you have no intention of keeping or using the car, and all you want is to take the slot to resale the car for more money to the people that got pushed out of the list by people like you artificially raising the price for nothing.

So no, it's not the same as making money any other way. Parasites like these should not expect much empathy in a sportcar forum like this full of real sportcar enthusiasts. You may be pleased for them for doing that, but me,instead I feel bad for the actual sportcar enmthusiast who really wanted the car and got screwed over, not only having to pay extra for the car to the person who scalped his position on the list but also not being able to spec the car to his liking.

--

you should think a bit more before you call someone a parasite. 

Its spot on, those that take up a slot lying about their intentions of being a true customer interested in the car only to flip it for profit after delivery is parasitizing on Porsche and its customers without adding anything in return.

I wasn't reffering to you directly as I don't know if it was your case since I have no direct info but for those described above fit the term perfectly. If I were to guess i think you ordered the car with the intention of keeping it but somewere along the way another car called your attention more and thought that flippping the RS would be a nice way to help towards that car, nothing wrong with that as long as the decision was taken after you have already payed for the car and had to take delivery, which may have been the case. However, I don't buy that drove it for 30 min, wife did not like it put it on sale just like that story.

--

Gnil:
    Carlos from Spain:
     I was reffering to those that take a slot on the list to resell it.

And there are lots of them if you look at the second hand car market for the RS . Some intended from the start ( the vultures !!! ) and some lost their soul when they got the car ans realized they could make so much money reselling it .

The first ones do screw up the market and  should be better filtered .  But that is nearly impossible as lots of the sales agents are probably in the game too in a way or another 

I agree 100%!

--

Gnil:
    ...and some lost their soul when they got the car ans realized they could make so much money reselling it .

Unfortunately - this is now the majority in terms of Porsche secondary sellers - particularly in the UK where the market is even more inflated. Started with the GT3, now GT3RS, and low and behold right down to a Cayman GT4 and Boxster Spyder. Trust me the OPC's have well and truly joined the party as well.

pmarkow:

re seats: you are right, it was a mistake. i should have chosen the sport seats but was guided by the great looks of the carbon buckets and - i must admit - by residuals. we both sat in them for 20min or so a year ago but obviously this does not allow good judgement. anyway, now it is too late. today i rethought the whole issue though… maybe a cushion can sort the back pain issue. i really like the RS and want to give it a try at least.

peter

cushion will not solve the issue as seat back will still not incline to your wife's liking.

just buy a pair of adaptive sport seats and I'm sure they can be put in easily, no big deal.

it's just like another set of wheels for our cars, which we all have.

BTW, my wife hates riding the bucket seat in my RS and she just refused to ride in that car.  Totally fine with me, I just keep the RS for my privacy use.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:
    pmarkow:

peter

cushion will not solve the issue as seat back will still not incline to your wife's liking.

just buy a pair of adaptive sport seats and I'm sure they can be put in easily, no big deal.

i shall check on that first thing tomorrow morning.

it's just like another set of wheels for our cars, which we all have.

BTW, my wife hates riding the bucket seat in my RS and she just refused to ride in that car.  Totally fine with me, I just keep the RS for my privacy use.

::::::))))))

p

My first new Porsche I still have 21 years later and my GT2 7 years later, I suspect most of the self righteous posters are flippers compared to this - what is the tolerance before one is branded a flipper ?

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

this is rather hilarious. i am selling a GT3RS and all hell breaks loose in this thread. because of what? have i pushed a porsche enthusiast forcibly down the order list or paid my way on top of the list? no, i have not, i just gave a downpayment as others, had some luck to get to the top of the list and found out that i had expectations which the car does not meet, combined with a window of opportunity to get a different car that suits me better. had i bought a rare hermes handbag (two-three years of waiting list for a birkin) instead of a car and sold it (some do for double the price) no one here would care....because no one here cares about handbags. it is not the principle that people are concerned with here, it is their favorite toys. a serious self-righteousness check and reality check is in order.

Well said Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

pmarkow:
    SportCarGroup:

Buy your lady another car and everyone's happy smiley

not really because we like to do trips together on the weekend, MC in winter, our house in italy etc. since we can only spend about 30% of our time in europe it seems silly not to do the fun trips together. 

and maybe i have a chance finally for the F12 TdF.......

The TdF will be exactly the same as the RS if you wife doesn't like RS in the first place, she will hates the TdF too. TdF is the hard core version of the F12, but basically ruins the F12 as a GT car, and not quite get to the proper sports car side.

F12 is a great GT car, big, fast, roomy, comfortable and rides good for road trips. TdF will have the Ferrari race seats and a much stiffer suspension and much less insulation so will be a lot noisier. 

As for the bucket seats in the RS, the middle section of the buckets is just velcro-ed on. I believe someone did a mod and pull out the middle of the seat back, stuff some material inside and re-seal it, that will 'cheat' and sort of feels like the back rest has been reclined.

--

Sorry if this question has been asked already, but the thread is awful long. :D

My RS came in purple and only silver or black rims were available.

Lava had the option of grey as well as silver and black.

my panel shop is having a terrible time painting the silver rims grey.

they have painted many sets of rims for me and others with no issues in the past from many different manufacturers.

for some reason the paint won't stick to the rim. they are investigating a solution.

has anyone else had this issue or have heard of this issue?

thanks.

If your body shop doesn't sand down the silver finish first, of course the grey won't stick properly.

Best solution is to media blast the rims down to bare metal, then they can prime and spray the new colour properly.

--

1455605376584image.jpegI thought you could order the grey wheels with the ultraviolet color! 

Whoopsy:
    pmarkow:
    SportCarGroup:

Buy your lady another car and everyone's happy smiley

not really because we like to do trips together on the weekend, MC in winter, our house in italy etc. since we can only spend about 30% of our time in europe it seems silly not to do the fun trips together. 

and maybe i have a chance finally for the F12 TdF.......

The TdF will be exactly the same as the RS if you wife doesn't like RS in the first place, she will hates the TdF too. TdF is the hard core version of the F12, but basically ruins the F12 as a GT car, and not quite get to the proper sports car side.

F12 is a great GT car, big, fast, roomy, comfortable and rides good for road trips. TdF will have the Ferrari race seats and a much stiffer suspension and much less insulation so will be a lot noisier. 

As for the bucket seats in the RS, the middle section of the buckets is just velcro-ed on. I believe someone did a mod and pull out the middle of the seat back, stuff some material inside and re-seal it, that will 'cheat' and sort of feels like the back rest has been reclined.

whoopsy, you are most likely spot-on with the TdF when in about RACE mode. the softer settings on the TdF (and on the Speciale) beat the GT3RS normal setting in terms of compliance. also the ferrari race seats can be reclined just as normal seats (manually). certainly the TdF is rather noisy but with the 12 cyl engine not as race care brutal as is the GT3RS (above 5K revs).

thanks for the hint with the velcro on the bucket seats, today i shall research into various seat questions. 

the GT3RS is a great car, i'd really like to keep it. :::)))

p

Just get a pair of adaptive sport seats and put the buckets in storage. Problem solved.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | White | Full Bucket Seats | Sport Chrono
    2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | Sport Chrono | SPASM

bluelines:

Just get a pair of adaptive sport seats and put the buckets in storage. Problem solved.

the dealer has to check whether the electronics can be made to work (airbags etc). also the mechanical hook ups can be issues.

p

I thought of that too, but I assume it is still more of  an issue of F vs. P...

Why does not Porsche have a recline feature on these buckets. Its often discussed on forums..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

I just came across a guy that is trying to sell his 997 GT3 RS 4.0 since last summer . It has low milage, and the asking price is lower then most other cars on the 2 nd market . Still high though ( 329K CHF ).  

He is not able to sell it ..... and the car is exposed at the OPC dealer .

I often wondered if those crazy asking prices for cars  do get buyers  and what kind of buyers . I am starting to more and more believe that these cars do not sell at those prices . They are only '' internet'' prices . But no real sound minded people buy these cars at those prices .  It is a bubble , as I mentioned many times .  Even 991 RS prices are coming down . Which makes sense . And pretty soon they could be at ' normal ' prices again .

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

ha:

1455605376584image.jpegI thought you could order the grey wheels with the ultraviolet color! 

You cannot order the Platinum wheels with UV so this pic is interesting.... I tried and was told Matt Aluminum or Black only - no platinum. 

d997h:

I thought of that too, but I assume it is still more of  an issue of F vs. P...

F vs P....the honest answer is: had the issue with my wife not popped up then it would have been the GT3 RS all the way. i could have lived with that given that my deposit and pre-contract for the 488 GTO (or speciale or whatever name) is in, with guaranteed second slot in my dealership.

peter

boytronic:
    You cannot order the Platinum wheels with UV so this pic is interesting.... I tried and was told Matt Aluminum or Black only - no platinum. 

And it looks really good in platinum! 

Besides: This car has repainted wheels i believe:

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-and-rs/914915-991gt3rs-bought-stripped-repainted.html

I just thought about my two car companies I like most, ie., P. and BMW - there has been times when I thought to add an M-toy car to my DD (3series diesel) and leave P. completely and this nagging "what, if" question pops up from time to time...

I still think the idea with the swap of seats is something you should consider further ...it seems to me that neither, SWIMBO nor yourself, seem to be comfortable / happy with either choice ... my 2 cts...

d997h:

I just thought about my two car companies I like most, ie., P. and BMW - there has been times when I thought to add an M-toy car to my DD (3series diesel) and leave P. completely and this nagging "what, if" question pops up from time to time...

I still think the idea with the swap of seats is something you should consider further ...it seems to me that neither, SWIMBO nor yourself, seem to be comfortable / happy with either choice ... my 2 cts...

i am fully with you on difficulty of those choices.....:::)))) first world issues though for all of us, not important in the grand picture of things. 

my dealer is already on the seat swap issue. thanks p

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755639 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431742 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258905 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255980 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79969 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5266 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869029 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803149 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM