Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Drove it, loved it and ordered it!!!!!

Solid black wheels are a no-no IMHO - the silver rim makes all the difference..kiss

IMG_0369.JPG

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

Solid black wheels are a no-no IMHO - the silver rim makes all the difference..kiss

IMG_0369.JPG

Aberaeron harbour?  Smiley

--

fritz

John H:

IMG_0369.JPG

--

Absolutely John, couldn't agree more Smiley Mine aren't ( or should I say won't be) posh centre-locks though. Mine's a poor man's GTS!! Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS on order / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

fritz:
    John H:

IMG_0369.JPG

Well spotted on my part.   Smiley It is indeed Aberaeron harbour, but you had better weather than the Google StreetView camera car.   Smiley

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2433688,-4.2630785,3a,63.7y,195.71h,78.11t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sInHmBWv4QNnmxhQ-mkJODw!2e0?hl=en

--

fritz

dreamcar:

Thanks for the tips ISUK - any recommendation for a sealant / protectant for the wheels? I routinely coat them with normal car wax to protect from brake dust anyway? I must admit I am a bit concerned about the high gloss finish and maintaining it properly. I thought I'd rinse the grit off first then wash them with a soft cloth with a shampoo / water mix.  I already have a wheel brush I purchased from my Zymol detailer.

Everg G Techniq product I've used thus far has been brilliant so I'd be minded to give their C5 Wheel Armor a try.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c5-wheel-armour/

fritz:
    John H:

IMG_0369.JPG

Wow! Fritz - have you been there? Smiley

We popped down for a few days to take in the Dylan Thomas Centenary festivities... Will post a separate thread if anyone is interested in Dylan.  Took quite a few photos in and around Laugharne - had a great time!

Sorry DC for the slight OT diversion..Smiley

--

ISUK:
    dreamcar:

Thanks for the tips ISUK - any recommendation for a sealant / protectant for the wheels? I routinely coat them with normal car wax to protect from brake dust anyway? I must admit I am a bit concerned about the high gloss finish and maintaining it properly. I thought I'd rinse the grit off first then wash them with a soft cloth with a shampoo / water mix.  I already have a wheel brush I purchased from my Zymol detailer.

Everg G Techniq product I've used thus far has been brilliant so I'd be minded to give their C5 Wheel Armor a try.

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/exterior-coatings/c5-wheel-armour/

Thanks ISUK Smiley

--

John H:
    fritz:
    John H:

IMG_0369.JPG

Wow! Fritz - have you been there? Smiley

We popped down for a few days to take in the Dylan Thomas Centenary festivities... Will post a separate thread if anyone is interested in Dylan.  Took quite a few photos in and around Laugharne - had a great time!

Sorry DC for the slight OT diversion..Smiley

I passed through there just last week. They sell the best honey-flavoured ice cream cones just a 100 meters from where your car was parked, but we were there too late in the day to buy some. Had to make do with that other traditional speciality: fish and chips.  Smiley

PS @ Dreamcar:  Don't look upon this so much as an OT diversion as an inspiration for a nice run along some great open sports car roads in that lovely new car you have ordered yourself.  SmileySmiley

--

fritz

@ Fritz / John, no worries, will be looking for places to have a good run with the pride and joy next year so feel free Smiley

--

Black wheels are so easy to touch up if they get chipped. The platinum wheels no. Stay with your chosen  color schemes, Ferrari people will say anything! indecision  Actually Porsche needs to offer a semi gloss for the black trim, but  don't hold your breath. You can obsess about all sorts of minor trim bits until the cows come home but none of that will matter when you start it up and drive it home.

easy_rider911:

@DC: I would contact Porsche Factory Collection in Stuttgart and get them to deal with it for you.

Easy, as per your suggestion I emailed Porsche factory collection in Stuttgart and I have just had a phone call from my dealer to say that if we wish to do a factory collection, then they will be pleased to arrange it.

The dealership was completely taken by surprise that having been told officially by Porcshe GB that factory collections are indefintely suspended they have been told by Stuittgart via Porsche GB that they are happy to oblige following my request. The only downside is due to the German regulations (winter tyres) we will have to delay delivery to April. But well worth it!

Very very many thanks!!! SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

"Left hand not knowing right hand" springs to mind! heart

Great result and so pleased for you... well done Easy..

--

John H:

Great result and so pleased for you... well done Easy..

Too many communication interfaces along the way. Think of the game of Chinese Whispers.

chinese-whispers.jpg

--

fritz

What does factory collection bring ?  I understand that it is a special event to take it from where it has been built and that experience will water down to the attachment we have with the car ...

But do get anything else ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

What does factory collection bring ?  I understand that it is a special event to take it from where it has been built and that experience will water down to the attachment we have with the car ...

But do get anything else ?

I've done factory collection twice, first for our beloved blue Boxster S in September 2006 and with a friend in October 2008 when he picked up his 911 turbo.

It's well worth every cent IMO, the new Porsche museum was being built during our second visit so that will be something new. When you finally get to see your new car a photographer is on hand and they present you with a nice portrait as a momento of the occasion and a small trinket as a souvenir. I'm looking at the framed photograph of our Boxster collection as I type this.

To us it made the whole car ownership even more special, knowing we had driven it home from the factory. I don't know about other countries but in the UK you have to take the car to the supplying dealer within 10 days of return to have it registered in the UK, have UK registration plates fitted (it comes from the factory with temporary "zol" plates.

PDF brochure :-

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/flash/service/werksabholung/gb/index.html#/1/

--

dreamcar:
    easy_rider911:

@DC: I would contact Porsche Factory Collection in Stuttgart and get them to deal with it for you.

Easy, as per your suggestion I emailed Porsche factory collection in Stuttgart and I have just had a phone call from my dealer to say that if we wish to do a factory collection, then they will be pleased to arrange it.

The dealership was completely taken by surprise that having been told officially by Porcshe GB that factory collections are indefintely suspended they have been told by Stuittgart via Porsche GB that they are happy to oblige following my request. The only downside is due to the German regulations (winter tyres) we will have to delay delivery to April. But well worth it!

Very very many thanks!!! SmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

That's wonderful news!!! SmileySmileySmiley

Very, very pleased that my advice helped SmileySmileySmiley

My faith in PAG in Stuttgart is a lot higher than it is in PCGB and in the thoroughly mediocre GB dealership network. I never take what GB dealers say at face value. They have forgotten what real customer service is since they only care about how much money they can make off you without caring if you will ever come back to them again.

I'm so very glad for you - Factory Collection will make this Boxster GTS purchase truly perfect for you Smiley

Just promise to post lots of pics of your collection trip Smiley

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

John H:

... well done Easy..

Cheers John Smiley

You're so right - large organisations, even if well run at the HQ, often have poor communication in the rest of the network ... and, sadly, the end customer suffers Smiley

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

........My faith in PAG in Stuttgart is a lot higher than it is in PCGB and in the thoroughly mediocre GB dealership network. I never take what GB dealers say at face value. They have forgotten what real customer service is since they only care about how much money they can make off you without caring if you will ever come back to them again.

I'm so very glad for you - Factory Collection will make this Boxster GTS purchase truly perfect for you Smiley

Just promise to post lots of pics of your collection trip Smiley

Thanks once again easy Smiley

Regarding my own experience of the GB dealer network as you know Bournemouth and ( guilty by association ) Portsmouth owned by the arrogant, and thoroughly unpleasant Inchcape Group were just awful. I regularly get email flyers from them (despite frequent requests to stop them ). I replied to their sales manager saying I was in fact in the market for a new Boxster GTS and if they cared to make a contribution towards the £15k their incompetent salesman cost me with his bad advice then I might well be interested . I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. 

I've found Swindon (Dick Lovett ) excellent both sales and service on the 997, but I am reserving judgement on the salesman I'm dealing with on the Boxster, the excellent salesman that sold us the 997 has left sadly. The sales manager , Simon, seems very much on the ball and very professional. Last time I was there he saw me looking at their Turbo S on the forecourt and told my salesman to take me out for a decent drive in it whether or not I was a potential customer for one. This current salesman has tripped and fallen on a couple of questions that I've asked, preferring to give BS answers rather than saying he didn't know and would find out and get back to me. He certainly isn't conversant with Lovett's T's and C's as he told me the deposit was non refundable which is not what the T's and C's state. He's on my radar should he make any more faux pas. Rightly or wrongly I got the impression having been told by him that factory collections were suspended I went direct to Porsche rather than take "no" for an answer he was a little bit indignant when he phoned me to tell me the good news. Especially when he said he assumed I'd spoken to Porsche GB and my reply was I hadn't bothered with them but communicated directly with Stuttgart.

Of course when we eventually collect the car a full report will appear on Rennteam!!

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM