Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Drove it, loved it and ordered it!!!!!

DC. Have you considered the same wheels as Ian got on the Cayman ?? I am sure they would fit the white Boxster perfectly.

tso:

DC. Have you considered the same wheels as Ian got on the Cayman ?? I am sure they would fit the white Boxster perfectly.

The satin platinum wheels are very nice, but we both prefer the black. We've chosen the GTS exterior pack with gloss black on the front and rear aprons, base of the door mirrors and roll bars which match the wheels perfectly. The roof is also black. Platinum would bring in another shade that wouldn't really fit in with the scheme, IMO. 

Iain's Cayman looks magnificent in GTS exclusive Carmine Red, but that's another £1,000 on top of the Carrara White metallic we've chosen. We've already gone a fair bit over the budget we'd set ourselves so had to draw the line somewhere!

--

Porsche Boxster GTS on order / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

DaveGordon:

Congrats!  Should be a fantastic car.. I was sorely tempted with a Boxster GTS.  We've both got a March collection I see - we should form some kind of support group to cope in the meantime indecision wink

I see that from your GT3 thread Dave Smiley It's a great shame that Porsche have discontinued factory collection for UK customers, a great shame. We could have co-ordinated meeting up like we did when you collected your Boxster., as we would have definitely collected from Stuttgart otherwise. Smiley

--

DC, i am sure it is going to look fantastic. Good to see that you are firm on your decision. 

I can recommend to get the Turbo style wheels, which can be painted completly in glossy black like the exterior GTS package. My local dealer has a car in this configurstion. GREAT

I dont like the partly black painted carrera wheels, because you can see the silver paint inside the wheels.

--
    981 Boxster S (PCCB, PASM, PTV, SportChrono, Bose, ventilated heated sport seats plus, PCM, full leather with some X Options, .....)

acky:

I can recommend to get the Turbo style wheels, which can be painted completly in glossy black like the exterior GTS package. My local dealer has a car in this configurstion. GREAT

I dont like the partly black painted carrera wheels, because you can see the silver paint inside the wheels.

It's great they give us the options, as I'm totally the opposite, have never been a fan of black wheels, until they were available with the silver 'lip'... I think when all black they just get lost.... individualism is a wonderful thing....

DC - deffo up for a 'reunion'....

acky:

It's a very smart design I agree Smiley But quite a bit more expensive, and we do like the elegant Carrera S wheel. Here's a photo of the wheel on a Rhodium Silver GTS ( but not black painted). Smiley

1409772663714image.jpg1409772663558image.jpg

--

/\ utter nightmare to keep clean though

sfo:

/\ utter nightmare to keep clean though

I was just thinking the same thing, sfo, all those slots would take forever to clean properly. I'm all for the simple designs for that reason.

--

dreamcar:
    DaveGordon:

Congrats!  Should be a fantastic car.. I was sorely tempted with a Boxster GTS.  We've both got a March collection I see - we should form some kind of support group to cope in the meantime indecision wink

I see that from your GT3 thread Dave Smiley It's a great shame that Porsche have discontinued factory collection for UK customers, a great shame. We could have co-ordinated meeting up like we did when you collected your Boxster., as we would have definitely collected from Stuttgart otherwise. Smiley

Damn - that's a shame.. How is it US customers can still get factory collection yet not in the UK????

--

2011 987S, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:
    dreamcar:
    DaveGordon:

Damn - that's a shame.. How is it US customers can still get factory collection yet not in the UK????

When I asked my dealer about the factory collection I was told that the travel agent Porsche used had gone bust, and they were struggling to find another one to do the service  "the Porsche way". Mind, that was the salesman telling me so no guarantee it was well informed......Smiley

--

This car is really important to you, its spec'd to your desires and its exactly what you want. Factory collection would be icing on the cake. It not as if you are flying in from Kyrgystan and need to get it back to there! Porsche should be able to fix you up, push the issue higher up to Porsche GB.

JimFlat6:

This car is really important to you, its spec'd to your desires and its exactly what you want. Factory collection would be icing on the cake. It not as if you are flying in from Kyrgystan and need to get it back to there! Porsche should be able to fix you up, push the issue higher up to Porsche GB.

Smiley Couldn't agree more! 

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

@DC: I would contact Porsche Factory Collection in Stuttgart and get them to deal with it for you.

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

easy_rider911:

@DC: I would contact Porsche Factory Collection in Stuttgart and get them to deal with it for you.

On JIm's, Suzy's and your advice, I have located the Email address for the Factory Collection in Stuttgart from the Porsche website (werksabholung-zuffenhausen@porsche.de) and sent them a message requesting the possibility of arranging a factory collection. I will post their reply. Smiley

--

Happy to read about your enthusiasm Dreamcar and many congrats of puting in the order! The GTS is really a great proposition!
    I visited my local Porsche dealer earlier today and they had a Carrara White metallic GTS in the showroom and I was reminded of this thread.It however had the satin Wheels and black/alcantara with silver stitching. It also had some interiour detail painted in White metallic - looked really good! The black gloss package looked Ace btw!

I myself have Always liked the monochrome look and Think the GTS on diplay was perfectly optioned. Concerning the wheels they also had a White Cayman GTS, but with black Wheels. I must admit that I thought the satin looked much better, but I'm in the camp that does not like black Wheels. Understand fully that this is a persoal preference of course.

Took a few shots and appologies for bad iPhone quality.

20140903_121004561_iOS.jpg 20140903_120925521_iOS.jpg

Few more images including the Cayman GTS

20140903_121049607_iOS.jpg

20140903_121205875_iOS.jpg

20140903_121214838_iOS.jpg

Judging from the above, the satin wheels look better, true.

--

"Form follows function"

20140903_120935913_iOS.jpg 

white interior parts really work ..

that airbag sticker needs to go

exterior black package looks amazing

Satin wheels for me as well

Satin wheels too. I do not like black wheels at all. My Macan turbo has the two tone 20" spider wheel that look pretty good though.

Lukas:

Happy to read about your enthusiasm Dreamcar and many congrats of puting in the order! The GTS is really a great proposition!
    I visited my local Porsche dealer earlier today and they had a Carrara White metallic GTS in the showroom and I was reminded of this thread.It however had the satin Wheels and black/alcantara with silver stitching. It also had some interiour detail painted in White metallic - looked really good! The black gloss package looked Ace btw!

I myself have Always liked the monochrome look and Think the GTS on diplay was perfectly optioned. Concerning the wheels they also had a White Cayman GTS, but with black Wheels. I must admit that I thought the satin looked much better, but I'm in the camp that does not like black Wheels. Understand fully that this is a persoal preference of course.

Took a few shots and appologies for bad iPhone quality.

20140903_121004561_iOS.jpg 20140903_120925521_iOS.jpg

Lucas - very many thanks for taking the trouble of taking the photos of the Carrara White Boxster GTS - it looks absolutely stunning, made even better with the gloss black GTS exterior pack.Smiley Smiley Awesome - but you've just made the six month wait even worse, Smiley but certainly confirmed we made absolutely the spot on right choice. Smiley Going against the flow of opinion I'm afraid neither of us are enthusiastic about the platinum finish wheels, or the all black wheels, the partially painted Carrera S wheels are still our preferred choice, particularly with the gloss black GTS exterior pack. We actually prefer the standard aluminium finish wheels to the platinum .Smiley

Once again, very many thanks for posting.Smiley Smiley

--

sfo:

white interior parts really work..........

.........exterior black package looks amazing

When we first started thinking seriously about ordering and speccing up our GTS the white trim was our very first choice if we had chosen white paintwork - we wouldn't have chosen the interior trims painted with any if our other shortlisted colours though. However we both think it is right to stay with the GTS theme throughout, initially we were put off this by the cost, but largely thanks to Iain's sound advice and SWMBO was comfortable with the standard sport seat plus rather than the £2,000 18 way adaptive seats it was an excellent trade off. 

We did go against Iain's preference by opting for the exterior pack though, and with Carrara White we definitely got that right, confirmed by Lucas's photos.

At that time, and until we saw all the colours on our short list "in the metal" last Saturday Carrara White hadn't even made the short list. As soon as we saw it and saw what a pure white it is compared with solid white the decision was made instantly by both of us.

--

DC,

The GTS exterior package will work against metallic white but originally you were going for the solid white and it's not a good idea IMHO to have two gloss colours on the same car (a little sound advice that I got from one of the designers at Ferrari ). You can get away with contrasting gloss black against a metallic but satin black looks better against solid white or red etc. Looking at it through a designers eye each contrasting finish needs to compliment each other and not detract. On a solid white car the GTS exterior package will be what your eye is drawn to first as it is the stronger element. With the metallic white your eye is drawn to the body colour which is the way it should be kiss

ISUK:

DC,

The GTS exterior package will work against metallic white but originally you were going for the solid white and it's not a good idea IMHO to have two gloss colours on the same car (a little sound advice that I got from one of the designers at Ferrari ). You can get away with contrasting gloss black against a metallic but satin black looks better against solid white or red etc. Looking at it through a designers eye each contrasting finish needs to compliment each other and not detract. On a solid white car the GTS exterior package will be what your eye is drawn to first as it is the stronger element. With the metallic white your eye is drawn to the body colour which is the way it should be kiss

Hi ISUK Smiley We tossed an turned so much over colours and options......Smiley. Of the three original short-listed colours solid white was our third choice, Sapphire Blue and Rhodium Silver were in pole position - until we saw Carrara White combined with how underwhelmed we were with Sapphire and SWMBO's superstition over silver Smiley.We were also a bit undecided about the exterior pack, but with Carrara White it was a real no-brainer choice. I don't think platinum wheels would work with Carrara White  / gloss black either to be honest.Smiley

Far be it from me to go against the opinion and advice of a Ferrari designer! Smiley

--

Fully agree on that DC. The gloss black wheels are the way to go in this case. Normally I would also prefer the platinum wheels on a white car, but the gloss black ones suit the Gloss black exterior package very well. And in contrary to the matte black wheels that you hardly can see, they are not entirely painted. You've made the right choice! kiss

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

Fully agree on that DC. The gloss black wheels are the way to go in this case. Normally I would also prefer the platinum wheels on a white car, but the gloss black ones suit the Gloss black exterior package very well. And in contrary to the matte black wheels that you hardly can see, they are not entirely painted. You've made the right choice! kiss

--

Suzy

Thanks Suzy - pleased there are at least two of us that have the same taste ! Smiley

--

The black wheels you've chosen will look really good dc...... but are a PIA to clean indecision They also show up every nick and scratch you get from road grit which is largely invisible on the normal silver wheels that hide it much better. My advice is to put a coat of some good sealant/protectant on them as soon as possible after delivery as that helps make them easier to clean. You'll really notice dirt on the inside silver section of the wheel so if you haven't already got a good wheel brush I would highly recommend buying a set of Wheel Woolies brushes which make cleaning around the inside of the wheel a doddle kissYou can buy them from a variety of car care web stores in the UK and there is a good demo video here http://www.wheelwoolies.com/

I like the platinum wheels on the metallic white car in Lukas' photo's. The Platinum is a neutral colour so works with the overall scheme and lets the Guards red calipers stand out. You'll be surprised at how grey the clear tail lights look on the car once you get it so the Platinum wheels tie in nicely there too.

As ever it's all personal choice and your chosen finish will look lovely.

ISUK:

The black wheels you've chosen will look really good dc...... but are a PIA to clean indecision They also show up every nick and scratch you get from road grit which is largely invisible on the normal silver wheels that hide it much better. My advice is to put a coat of some good sealant/protectant on them as soon as possible after delivery as that helps make them easier to clean. You'll really notice dirt on the inside silver section of the wheel so if you haven't already got a good wheel brush I would highly recommend buying a set of Wheel Woolies brushes which make cleaning around the inside of the wheel a doddle kissYou can buy them from a variety of car care web stores in the UK and there is a good demo video here http://www.wheelwoolies.com/

I like the platinum wheels on the metallic white car in Lukas' photo's. The Platinum is a neutral colour so works with the overall scheme and lets the Guards red calipers stand out. You'll be surprised at how grey the clear tail lights look on the car once you get it so the Platinum wheels tie in nicely there too.

As ever it's all personal choice and your chosen finish will look lovely.

Thanks for the tips ISUK - any recommendation for a sealant / protectant for the wheels? I routinely coat them with normal car wax to protect from brake dust anyway? I must admit I am a bit concerned about the high gloss finish and maintaining it properly. I thought I'd rinse the grit off first then wash them with a soft cloth with a shampoo / water mix.  I already have a wheel brush I purchased from my Zymol detailer.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    754124 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431137 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258766 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255677 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79689 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5260 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802436 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM