Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Drove it, loved it and ordered it!!!!!

Gnil:

Congratulations Dreamcar ! What a path it was to get to this car . From abandoning completely the idea of ever owning another Porsche, to ordering the BMW , and now to getting what you REALY want !!!! Great choice . This car is at the top ( with one or two others ) of what Porsche offers at the moment in the line up 

Thank you Gnil. I think you're right. Smiley I've driven 991's quite a bit now, most recently a few months ago from Swindon over exactly the same test route of mixed roads as we went with the demo GTS on Saturday, and heresy it might be to say it the 991 doesn't set me on fire at all. Smiley I actually preferred the more raw, mechanical character of the 997/2. I'm certain the 991 GT3 would be a totally different animal, but sadly that's well outside my price bracket. Smiley

If the Boxster / Cayman GTS is anything to go by I'm sure the 991 GTS when it appears will be terrific if Porsche wave their magic wand in the same way they have with the 981. SmileyCertainly the GTS badge is a lot more than just badge engineering.

--

Porsche Boxster GTS on order / Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

Welcome back to the fold Tim... great car and combo.... and just in time for Spring....

Funny how my current combo is Octavia & White Boxster (still the Spyder though, can't see me ever getting rid of that)

Congrats! The GTS looks miles better than the regular Boxster - good decision!

Great specs - hell of a car!

Rich C (UK):

Welcome back to the fold Tim... great car and combo.... and just in time for Spring....

Funny how my current combo is Octavia & White Boxster (still the Spyder though, can't see me ever getting rid of that)

Thanks Rich - good to hear from you! Smiley Great minds think alike, and pleased that we've been able to go away from blue for a change, even if the Skoda and SWMBO's Jazz are blue!

Yes the 987 Spyder was a very special car indeed, I wonder if Porsche will do one based on the 981? Smiley

You and I must be the last survivors on Rennteam from the original 2004-5 Boxster crowd, be good to meet up for a beer and chat soon....Smiley

--

Glad it met your expectations and you're returning to the fold. Looks to be a keeper for sure.

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

Lars997:

Congrats! The GTS looks miles better than the regular Boxster - good decision!

Great specs - hell of a car!

Thanks Lars and bridggar Smiley - it's strange, you look at what Porsche in theory have added to this car and it doesn't seem much, but the reality is amazing, the regular Boxster S is a great car but the GTS a step change ahead, maybe it's the sound affecting my judgement, I don't know, but they've certainly sprinkled some magic dust on this car. Smiley

--

Not that I'm counting but - 181 days to go.......smiley

--

Andrew Frankel's review in Autocar: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/porsche/boxster/first-drives/porsche-boxster-gts-uk-first-drive-review

--

1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S - 1995 BMW318ti

dreamcar:

Not that I'm counting but - 181 days to go.......smiley

SmileySmileySmiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Hi Dreamcar

Good choice on the white - it was my second choice after Aqua when I was ordering at the beginning of 2012, however the whites were changing so I went with Aqua. I also find the Sapphire a little underwhelming.

I also have folding mirrors and once the box had been ticked in the PCM settings the mirrors fold when I lock the car (no memory seats) - Courtesy cars I have been lent this year - June and Jul also did the same once the box was ticked.

Jonathanbr:

Hi Dreamcar

Good choice on the white - it was my second choice after Aqua when I was ordering at the beginning of 2012, however the whites were changing so I went with Aqua. I also find the Sapphire a little underwhelming.

I also have folding mirrors and once the box had been ticked in the PCM settings the mirrors fold when I lock the car (no memory seats) - Courtesy cars I have been lent this year - June and Jul also did the same once the box was ticked.

ThanksJonathanbr - so much for salesmen's knowledge. He couldn't confirm whether or not GTS exterior pack came with the gloss black roll bars either - in fairness it's not mentioned in  the product description but on the 3D configurator you can see the roll bars change when you tick or untick the option, and in addition with the exterior pack ticked if you then  click on "roll bars painted in  exterior colour" to accept that option you have to delete the exterior pack. I had to show the salesman that.... should have been a Porsche salesman, not repairing ships....Smiley

--

Many congrats DC.. so glad it turned out so well for both of you... PM sent..wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

Many congrats DC.. so glad it turned out so well for both of you... PM sent..wink

Thanks John - PM received and replied to Smiley

--

dreamcar:
    easy_rider911:

dc: were you tempted to go for a white and red combo? I really love that :)

If you mean the interior easy, yes it looks great, but ISUK and others are quite right, it's a good idea  to keep the GTS "theme" throughout. Seing the Cayman GTS in the showroom with "standard " bi-colour leather made our mind up. I actually think the all-red leather is too in your face, it really should be a bi-colour with agate grey or black on the door cappings and fascia top, like the platinum / agate bi-colour.

I've also gone with the alcantara rimmed steering wheel, a little bit concerned how that will hold up looking nice. I'm thinking over time that sweat / oil of hands may flatten it down if I don't wear driving gloves all the time. Smiley

--

We have alcantara rimmed steering wheel in our boxster PSE2 since 5 years now (it came as standard) and are happy with it - Great feel and no staines or  sweaty fingers on it - hope, this makes your choice even more complicated Smiley

Jeez dreamcar! I was away for the weekend, and I come back to find you've done the deal. Well done! Very nice indeed!

Dreamcar, I have been following your car choices all along way back when you owned the blue 987 Boxster S.  I am very glad to see you going with the Boxster GTS, one of the most desirable car in the current Porsche lineup.  I always felt that you and your wife are Boxster persons at heart. Smiley

alcantara s/wheel is lovely .. just clean it ocassionally (use lemon and water, like a finger bowl) and let it dry properly

white, red roof and red interior is awesome ..

with black exterior package, black model deisgnation and the black headlights, it would look amazing.

dreamcar:

He couldn't confirm whether or not GTS exterior pack came with the gloss black roll bars either - in fairness it's not mentioned in  the product description but on the 3D configurator you can see the roll bars change when you tick or untick the option, and in addition with the exterior pack ticked if you then  click on "roll bars painted in  exterior colour" to accept that option you have to delete the exterior pack. I had to show the salesman that.... should have been a Porsche salesman, not repairing ships....Smiley

fellow rennteamer's Boxster GTS with exterior black package had black painted roll bars: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=0#post0

sfo:

That's stunning!

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red

sfo:

alcantara s/wheel is lovely .. just clean it ocassionally (use lemon and water, like a finger bowl) and let it dry properly

white, red roof and red interior is awesome ..

with black exterior package, black model deisgnation and the black headlights, it would look amazing.

Thanks for posting, it is indeed a lovely combination. Smiley However I wouldn't abandon the GTS "theme" of alcantara and leather. On that at least decision is made - and what's more important SWMBO is also unanimous Smiley

--

Thank you Spyderidol and Ziggy Smiley

--

sfo:

fellow rennteamer's Boxster GTS with exterior black package had black painted roll bars: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/page1.html?vs=0#post0

Thanks sfo Smiley  - I now recall asking the same question on mcdelaug's GTS thread and him confirming the roll bars are gloss black.

in summary, don't ask any questions of a dopey Porsche salesman, ask on Rennteam Smiley Or the driver consultants at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone which I did over PTV.

--

Congratulations Dreamcar, that will be a lovely Boxster. kiss

But the wait......Oh the wait! I had to wait a month or so for my 991 and it was agony! smiley

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

But the wait......Oh the wait! I had to wait a month or so for my 991 and it was agony! smiley

Tell me about it....Smiley At least most of the waiting time will be winter, my very busy time of year at work when I wouldn't have used the car that much anyway. As I mentioned earlier there was a build slot for January delivery which I declined.

--

OK - next thought guys, with the gloss black GTS exterior pack - standard finish Carrera S wheels or black painted? Smiley

Photos from Rennteam's Carreraaddict's thread of his 991/S in Carrara white metallic

1409597554213image.jpg1409597554168image.jpg

--

dreamcar:

OK - next thought guys, with the gloss black GTS exterior pack - standard finish Carrera S wheels or black painted? Smiley

My vote for gloss black (given the gloss black exterior pack).

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

bluelines:
    dreamcar:

My vote for gloss black (given the gloss black exterior pack).

Thanks bluelines Smiley Both SWMBO and my thoughts as there is no other aluminium finish on the car. Also the 997 GTS came with black finished wheels as standard  (albeit centre-locks) - part of the GTS tradition?

--

As a general rule, I will always take standard finished wheels over black. There are, however,  many exceptions to this "rule". This is one of them.

Spyderidol:

As a general rule, I will always take standard finished wheels over black. There are, however,  many exceptions to this "rule". This is one of them.

Same here, it would colour co-ordinate beautifully, but I don't want the car to look "bling".  Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690524 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409779 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256038 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235280 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65650 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858453 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774746 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM