Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Cayenne (958) Facelift 2014

Irish21:

I am not seeing the Performance Exhaust System available as an option on any of the models that are currently identified on the configurator, although the exhaust logo that is generally associated with the PES is viewable on the interior press photos for the refresh.  I can't imagine that PES is included as a standard feature.  Does anyone have any information on this option? 

I am assuming that one of the key drawbacks of the Turbo V-6 in the "S" relative to the old V-8 will be engine and exhaust noice.  I'd love to add PES to bolster the V-6 if possible.

For 2014 the Sports Exhaust option was available for the base Cayenne and Cayenne S. It was standard on the GTS. It was not available for the Turbo. It is not shown as standard equipment for the 2015 Cayenne S. A few of the previous options are not available for the 2015's. I have found in the past that some options do not show up until later, perhaps in February when they release the GTS.

--

991 Carrera S Cab, Mercedes SL550, Cayenne Turbo

Congratulations! One thing to consider is to the the Carreraweiss instead of the standard white. The standard white is very white. But this is of course a personal preference.

My Cayenne is Sandweiss with Espresso interior and I'm very happy that I chose Espresso over black. The quality of the leather is better and it looks more exclusive and still sporty.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

993Targa:

Congratulations! One thing to consider is to the the Carreraweiss instead of the standard white. The standard white is very white. But this is of course a personal preference.

My Cayenne is Sandweiss with Espresso interior and I'm very happy that I chose Espresso over black. The quality of the leather is better and it looks more exclusive and still sporty.

I was trying for a certain look, white/black. Black wheels. Black trim around the windows. About the only thing on the outside that isn't white or black are the red brake calipers. The black interior is part of that look. I have not seen a Cayenne in Carrara White Metallic, but it was described to me as looking pearlesent  in appearance. Not sure I would like that. I can't criticize Carrara White since I have not ever seen it. Can't find a local dealer with a car in that color. So, I stuck with what I know.

--

993Targa:

Supposedly a dealer in my area has a Platinum Edition Cayenne in Carrara White Metallic. If I can confirm it is still in stock I will take a driver over there to compare the two whites.

--

993Targa:

If you are referring to the non metallic Carrara White, it is not available on the 2015 Cayenne. There is a Carrera White Metallic, but I am not sure I want a metal flake white car. I saw it in person yesterday and I think I rather have just the regular white.

--

Ah I thought indeed that it was a non-metallic. Not a fan of metallic white always reminds me of angry

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Has anyone been able to place an official order at this point?  I am told by my dealer in Orlando that they have not yet received their dealer allocation figures, and cannot therefore place an order yet.  I wonder if allocations are done in order of dealer priority / market / etc...

Irish21:

Has anyone been able to place an official order at this point?  I am told by my dealer in Orlando that they have not yet received their dealer allocation figures, and cannot therefore place an order yet.  I wonder if allocations are done in order of dealer priority / market / etc...

My local dealer, Newport Beach Porsche, was able to take my order for a 2015 Cayenne Turbo on 7/28. Prior to that we were waiting for them to get allocation. I actually got the "official" Build Sheet from them on July 29th . My car is scheduled for completion on October 10th and arrival to the port in San Diego on November 28th.

Phil

--

That's great, Phil.  It certainly would not surprise me if Newport received its allocations before Orlando, and that the Turbo was given priority over the S (which I intend to order).  Hopefully I will hear from my dealer in short order.   

Is it true that the new Cayenne GTS does not have a V8 anymore? I've read it in a german forum but could not believe that Porsche made such a strange move.

--

911 S Cabrio (2013), Panamera GTS (2013)

TomSilver:

Is it true that the new Cayenne GTS does not have a V8 anymore? I've read it in a german forum but could not believe that Porsche made such a strange move.

I so hope that is Not True!

TomSilver:

I wouldn't be surprised if Porsche finally decided to move away from the V8, even in the GTS model but I still hope it is not true. The Panamera GTS kept it's V8, so this was definitely a smart move from Porsche.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Yes there will be no V8 in 958.2 GTS. The new GTS will have V6 3,6 turbo engine. 

Mantas:

Yes there will be no V8 in 958.2 GTS. The new GTS will have V6 3,6 turbo engine. 

Any source for that? If true, the GTS is dead. I would never buy a Cayenne or Panamera without a V8. Even with 700 hp. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Porsche is making a serious failure.  I do not know a single person who wants to shell out so much money for a SUV with an ordinary V6. From what I've heard, the new Panamera S (with the V6) does not sell very good. Is Porsche unable to learn? I do not understand why they are not gone the same path as AMG: down from the big, naturally aspirated 6.2 V8 to a turbocharged 4.0 V8. Instead, our beloved car maker wants us to buy smallish V6 engines in premium priced cars.

That leeds me to the thought that we will not see any V8 in the next Panamera generation, maybe except the top end Turbo models. I'm currently driving a Panamera GTS but I have a feeling that my next daily driver will be a Golf GTI or R. 

--

911 S Cabrio (2013), Panamera GTS (2013)

I ended up buying a range rover sport  six cylinder super charged. ( mostly due to the fact I didn't want to sit on a battery/emf's  again,, had one of the first cayenne turbos).   I got it without the sunroof for top heavy weight savings.  And I got the heavy duty package, which for 1300 dollars gave the two speed transfer and the rear dif which throws power to the outside wheel in corning. The car weighs 4700 lbs, vs around 5200 for an average equipped v8 sport.  It only has 19 inch all seasons ( which I wanted for going off road).   I would love the chance to chase a Jeep SRT here in the northern coastal mountains where I live.   With the eight speed in sport, this car is always choosing the right gear, maintaining  rpm's,  feels light, quick and the dif turns the back end around corner after corner.  I really wish  Land Rover instead of offering the new SVR previewing in Pebble Beach this Friday, had at least also offered a super up version of this six.  I would think they easily could extract 400-450 Plus hp and torque out of this engine,  and with a higher degree of reduced body roll and grippier tires this vehicle at 4700  lbs could really move along.   Yes, straight line speed will always be better with a V8, but turn in and playing in the twisties,,,  give me a lighter less front heavy car. 

V6 in Macan turbo is perfectly fine to be honest... Can't really feel the difference with the V8 turbo of CTTS... Every other car will get downsized engine too anyway all the way up to Ferrari...

There are better V6 around then some of the V8. Why would a V8 nessesarely be better then a good V6 ? V8 has torque advantage but a V6 with twin turbo will compensate. What counts at the end is how the car performs. Let's see ....

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

There are better V6 around then some of the V8. Why would a V8 nessesarely be better then a good V6 ? V8 has torque advantage but a V6 with twin turbo will compensate. What counts at the end is how the car performs. Let's see ....

+1

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

RC:
    Mantas:

Any source for that? If true, the GTS is dead. I would never buy a Cayenne or Panamera without a V8. Even with 700 hp. Smiley

--

Agree 100%

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

Saw a still camouflaged cayenne recently nearby Stuttgart. The small changes to the front and the new headlights make a pleasant visual improvement to the front and gives the cayenne a more sporty look IMO.

I'm a bit surprised by, and curious of the reason for, the relatively few colors available at launch for the new Cayenne.  I do not recall colors being omitted for the launch of new and/or updated vehicles in the past -- Macan and Panamera being the two most recent and obvious examples.  I was hoping for Agate Gray, but I am now leaning towards metallic black since AG will not be available at launch. 

I spoke with my dealer recently, and they do not have any way to verify the rumor that the GTS will be released in February.  They were willing, however, to give me a great deal on a 2014 GTS. 

I remain torn on whether to order a 2015 "S" or wait for the GTS.  If it comes in February I would be happy, but I don't think I can wait much later than that.  The dealer may be willing to take my order for an S, with the understanding that I may elect not to take delivery on the car if the GTS appears to be on the way in early 2015.  Waiting for the GTS would theoretically provide the added benefit of being able to get agate gray, which I assume will be available at some point down the road.

The available colors on the Macan are totally lame...

SciFrog:

+10

Any advantage from 5 millimeter spacers front and rear for new Cayenne Turbo?  What about PTV?

Does Turbo have paddles for certain?

RC:
    DD:

Hi! Facelift is very, very modest...... Rear lights are really A4 or Q7 lights, which is really awkward. Steering wheel and front lights are cool, though.

I ike that they have changed so litte since I am i process of byuing slightly used previous Cayenne:)

Modest? Seriously? I don't see anything modest, just the "typical" Porsche facelift (headlights, tail lights and some other minor details). This is how the Cayenne should have looked from the start to be really innovative (design-wise) but like always, Porsche puts the ugly duckling (not really but you get my point) on the market first and then, the beautiful swan emerges (facelift). Smiley Not a fan of this strategy though, sorry.

The same will happen with the Macan too and actually all Porsche models. Not sure why Porsche always uses the same pattern (maybe it was successful in the past) but I really started to hate it. Smiley Holding back is not something I like to see from Porsche, even if it is related to marketing.

I complately agree with you Christian.

At least 991 and 981 are designed nicely from the beginning.Smiley

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

pride355:
    RC:
    DD:

Hi! Facelift is very, very modest...... Rear lights are really A4 or Q7 lights, which is really awkward. Steering wheel and front lights are cool, though.

I ike that they have changed so litte since I am i process of byuing slightly used previous Cayenne:)

Modest? Seriously? I don't see anything modest, just the "typical" Porsche facelift (headlights, tail lights and some other minor details). This is how the Cayenne should have looked from the start to be really innovative (design-wise) but like always, Porsche puts the ugly duckling (not really but you get my point) on the market first and then, the beautiful swan emerges (facelift). Smiley Not a fan of this strategy though, sorry.

The same will happen with the Macan too and actually all Porsche models. Not sure why Porsche always uses the same pattern (maybe it was successful in the past) but I really started to hate it. Smiley Holding back is not something I like to see from Porsche, even if it is related to marketing.

I complately agree with you Christian.

At least 991 and 981 are designed nicely from the beginning.Smiley

I'm with RC on this one; I'm getting very tired of this strategy.

- Look at the Panamera. The facelift is a nice little improvement but it's how the car should've looked like at launch in 2009. I remember reading somewhere that shortly before the Panamera's debut, the design was revised and "dumbed down" in order to make space for future improvements and this included using the indicator/daytime running light units from the 997. Using obvious pieces from an outgoing model are a very lazy way out IMHO.
    - The 991 has some details that are glaringly obvious candidates for improvement. Look at the little moustaches on the daytime running lights; those could have EASILY been avoided to create a clean and harmonious look at the front and around the air intakes but they look purposefully flawed in order for the facelift to come in and change it. Look for the wheel arch indicator lights to shift to the mirrors on the sports cars, too.

Sigh. Sad, but this seems to be the way at Porsche of late...

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

SciFrog:

+ 1

The paint shop manager for the Leipzig factory is either delusional or going off message in the latest issue of Christophorous however Smiley http://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsche/christophorusmagazine/367/articleoverview/article06/  I think he must be confused. The acronym Sofa clearly only means you can have the car in the average colour choice of most German home seating i.e. black, grey, beige, white or brown Smiley

The Leipzig plant combines state-of-the-art mass production with the exclusivity of a small workshop, where customization is possible. “We can, for example, paint any exterior color that the customer wants,” says Roland Töpfer, head of the paint shop, adding, “That’s what we have ‘Sofa’ for”—the special color system known by its German acronym. The system makes it possible to provide paint volumes for a single car, and even to change the color for each coat of paint.

ISUK:
    SciFrog:

+ 1

The paint shop manager for the Leipzig factory is either delusional or going off message in the latest issue of Christophorous however Smiley http://www.porsche.com/uk/aboutporsche/christophorusmagazine/367/articleoverview/article06/  I think he must be confused. The acronym Sofa clearly only means you can have the car in the average colour choice of most German home seating i.e. black, grey, beige, white or brown Smiley

The Leipzig plant combines state-of-the-art mass production with the exclusivity of a small workshop, where customization is possible. “We can, for example, paint any exterior color that the customer wants,” says Roland Töpfer, head of the paint shop, adding, “That’s what we have ‘Sofa’ for”—the special color system known by its German acronym. The system makes it possible to provide paint volumes for a single car, and even to change the color for each coat of paint.

That's a lie!! Then why do some paints not make it through the feasibility check!? Smiley They have a hyper modern paintfactory, worth half a billion and they are as flexible as concrete when it comes to colors! If someone wants a real paint-to-sample color on his or her car, the car has become an oldtimer,  the moment Porsche has approved the color!

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

Gnil:

Drive a latest gen Cayenne Turbo or a pre-facelift GTS, then a Macan Turbo. Now tell me that you honestly believe what you just said. Smiley Smiley

The engine is the heart of the car. If it doesn't help to produce (positive) emotions, it is a failure, no matter how good the performance. Perfection can sometimes be very boring.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688126 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408523 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255466 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234688 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65316 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857424 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773096 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM