Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Porsche 991 Carrera 4S Swiss Edition

Porsche Switzerland just announced a limited model, based on the Carrera 4S.

It comes in PTS "Grauschwarz" (Color used on 997 GT3 RS MkII), with all exterior parts painted

Car is equipped with:
    - 2+2 year warranty (standard in Switzerland)
    - X51 package
    - PDK only
    - Sport Design front fascia
    - Sport Design mirrors
    - Black headlights (PDLS)
    - 20"Sport Classic wheels, painted in exterior color
    - Sport PASM
    - Black leather interior with red deviated stitching
    - Sport Design Steering wheel with red stitching and red 12 hour marking
    - Special doorsills with Swiis flag

Owner also gets a personalized gift box (whatever that may be??) and a Hardcover Photobook of the production of that specific car.

And probably some other things, that I don't know of yet.
    Porsche will produce only 14 of these and it will cost CHF 233,000

Porsche website doesn't say anything about it yet, but here is a link (in German):
    http://www.bilanz.ch/auto/porsche-lanciert-limitierte-swiss-edition-388110

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

Re: Porsche 991 Carrera 4S Swiss Edition

Great choice of color . A premise to the next GTS ..... BUT : the price is insane !!!!!!!!  ( 1.00 CHF = 1.10 $ ) 

To our US members : You now can see how crazy Swiss Porsche prices are compared to other countries . This car cost MORE then a base Lambo Huracan  ( CHF 226'900 )  mail

People in this country are crazy to accept such prices ...... and I guess, if Porsche is pricing this way, they do find enough customers ...... But for how long ?  All others have come down with pricing ( Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo , Mercedes, BMW and adapted to  EU pricing )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Awesome color!  But I prefer black wheels.

981s-1.jpg

Aside from the doorsills and the photos from the production line, judging from the description above ,the remaining  are all options available through the standard option list or through Exclusive. 

The price is frightening but color beautiful.

Gnil:

Great choice of color . A premise to the next GTS ..... BUT : the price is insane !!!!!!!!  ( 1.00 CHF = 1.10 $ ) 

To our US members : You now can see how crazy Swiss Porsche prices are compared to other countries . This car cost MORE then a base Lambo Huracan  ( CHF 226'900 )  mail

People in this country are crazy to accept such prices ...... and I guess, if Porsche is pricing this way, they do find enough customers ...... But for how long ?  All others have come down with pricing ( Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo , Mercedes, BMW and adapted to  EU pricing )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

That's exactly my problem with Porsche here in Switzerland. I'm not paying that much for a 911. The car isn't worth it....
    For the majority of potential buyers, the Boxster gives 90% of the experience for half the price (which is still too high, but at least the Boxster doesn't have any competition).

That said... I like how this Swiss Edition looks.

--

Suzy

Depreciation will be fun...

Next will be the Bulgarian Edition covered in rust and primer.......no disrespect meant to any Bulgarians

Wow! What a SPECIAL EDITION! Please everyone, calm down. This is not the time to loose control. A gift box? GIFT BOX?! What could it be? A Porsche key ring? A Porsche golf ball? A Porsche pic-nic set with the Swiss cross on? Ooh, the excitement is overwhelming.

*zzz*

Seriously, is it 1st of April? CHF 233k for a true parts bin special in left-over color from the previous RS.

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

bluelines:

Wow! What a SPECIAL EDITION! Please everyone, calm down. This is not the time to loose control. A gift box? GIFT BOX?! What could it be? A Porsche key ring? A Porsche golf ball? A Porsche pic-nic set with the Swiss cross on?

Its a Swiss Army pen knife Smiley

--

Gen II Cayman S

If they continue with this Edition madness (actually very popular with VW since decades Smiley) soon a plain vanilla Carrera will be the real "Special Edition" car Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Gnil:

BTW the Huracan is not such a great drive according to tests. Too much understeer and not very exciting for its type.

I was told by a Swiss that in the CH many people appreciate things in accordance to their price. The more something costs the more it is respected.  Maybe, Porsche do their pricing according to this mentality Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

bluelines:

Wow! What a SPECIAL EDITION! Please everyone, calm down. This is not the time to loose control. A gift box? GIFT BOX?! What could it be? A Porsche key ring? A Porsche golf ball? A Porsche pic-nic set with the Swiss cross on? Ooh, the excitement is overwhelming.

*zzz*

Seriously, is it 1st of April? CHF 233k for a true parts bin special in left-over color from the previous RS.

Smiley You're rotally right. Just specced a similar car on the configurator, without the wheels, deviated stitching and PTS (together somehere around CHF 15k I guess) and that's just over CHF 200k. That's including the interior package-plus and I don't even know if that is equipped.

That CHF 233k is a rediculous price. Wonder what's in that gift box....  A Rolex??Smiley

--

Suzy

All these special editions can only mean that the end is nigh. 

Gnil:

TThis car cost MORE then a base Lambo Huracan  ( CHF 226'900 )  mail

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

That must be the joke of the year SmileySmileySmiley Thanks for the laught Porsche SmileySmileySmiley

In Portugal they launch a 991 & Cayenne special edition at ridiculous price  called "Benfica" related to the Portuguese championship Benfica won last year. I really can't understands these pathetic special edition at Porsche, in the passed Porsche used to be indeed a special brand, nowadays not even Skoda is making such silly marketing moves Smiley

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

VW and Skoda , and sometimes Subaru, Toyota , have always done ''  special Swiss editions '' , consisting of a pack of options and a little sticker .  It is usually good as it gives a bargain over the single picked options .

In this case it is no bargain .... and drives the price of the car to some ridiculous level for a Carrera . 

We do have a culture of : What costs more is better  . Thinking we get better quality .  Probably P's marketing is playing on this with the Swiss prices . Maybe it still works ? It would be interesting to see the sales figures ....

It could make the new cars more exclusive as many people will not be able to afford a new Carrera .... Just that depreciation is extremely bad and it could start to irritate customers too much ......

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

J.Seven:
    Gnil:

TThis car cost MORE then a base Lambo Huracan  ( CHF 226'900 )  mail

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

That must be the joke of the year SmileySmileySmiley Thanks for the laught Porsche SmileySmileySmiley

In Portugal they launch a 991 & Cayenne special edition at ridiculous price  called "Benfica" related to the Portuguese championship Benfica won last year. I really can't understands these pathetic special edition at Porsche, in the passed Porsche used to be indeed a special brand, nowadays not even Skoda is making such silly marketing moves Smiley

I might consider the "GT3 Mourinho Edition" in black with grey tones Smiley The gift box would include a video of his greatest Quotes.

--

"Form follows function"

Car looks stunning.

But - why would I buy this for that price? This is more than insane!

Also - if you have that swiss flag on it, the car might only be desirable in Switzerland - your resell market is shrinking badly!

There was already a 993 Carrera Swiss Plus edition. So it is nothing new. The price level seems new indecision

--

Lars997:

Car looks stunning.

But - why would I buy this for that price? This is more than insane!

Also - if you have that swiss flag on it, the car might only be desirable in Switzerland - your resell market is shrinking badly!

Why would someone in Switzerland sell his or her car outside Switzerland? Smiley

I can understand that with classic/rare cars, but a modern car as well?

--

Suzy

I see you all running to the dealers today - There are 14 Swiss RT members in this forum, right ? Smiley

d997h:

I see you all running to the dealers today - There are 14 Swiss RT members in this forum, right ? Smiley

If I'd be running to the dealer, it would be to know what's in the gift box! Smiley I don't care for the car... i wanna know what's in there!

On a more serious note,  I like how the car looks (except for the wheels), but the price is just rediculous, unless the car is full of other expensive options like Burmester, adaptive cruise, etc., that aren't mentioned in the articles on 20minuten and Billanz.

When I was looking for a C4S, mine came also up to about CHF 230k, but that was with all the options I wanted, including for example, leather to sample and paint to sample. Still a rediculous price though... C4S is absolutely a great car and still my favourite 911, but the car simply isn't worth that amount of money, even with all the options.

--

Suzy

d997h:

Already signed. 13 to go. Smiley

Ordered a bumper sticker too. "Sucker behind the wheel".

--

Since one is already gone to bluelines, here some extra (bigger, just click on them) pictures for the remaining 13 potential customers indecision

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

Since one is already gone to bluelines, here some extra (bigger, just click on them) pictures for the remaining 13 potential customers indecision

Blueline's order has been rejected from what I hear because he is not Swiss. The order book for this limited edition is not open to just Swiss residents.

Anyway, I like the sports front bumper (apron) which also aids stability judging by its effectiveness on the 997 and the colour looks good in the pictures.

--

"Form follows function"

LOL! Actually... Bluelines already has a quite similar looking car with the same front fascia, nicer wheels and an even nicer color. I doubt that he would exchange that one for this special edition indecision  

And he too has painted airvents, just like this one! blush

--

Suzy

SuzyF:

LOL! Actually... Bluelines already has a quite similar looking car with the same front fascia, nicer wheels and an even nicer color. I doubt that he would exchange that one for this special edition indecision  

I've seen it in the pictures he posted. Really nice!

BTW do you like the Sport Design one which also has the rear ducktail in addition to the front apron? 

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    SuzyF:

BTW do you like the Sport Design one which also has the rear ducktail in addition to the front apron? 

I'm not a fan of ducktails to be honest. Although,  i have to admit that on some cars it does look nice. I prefer the more clean look, especially with the C4S, because of the light strip. No sunroof, no wing or ducktail. Just the clean shape of the 991.

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:

I'm not a fan of ducktails to be honest. Although,  i have to admit that on some cars it does look nice. I prefer the more clean look, especially with the C4S, because of the light strip. No sunroof, no wing or ducktail. Just the clean shape of the 991.

Useful to have the opinion of someone with good taste Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

SuzyF:

I prefer the more clean look, especially with the C4S, because of the light strip. No sunroof, no wing or ducktail. Just the clean shape of the 991.

Like this one? Smiley

1408795759518DSC_1238.jpg

--

this is a derivative of the GB Edition ..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688371 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408639 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255490 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234736 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65363 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857517 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773259 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM