Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

My FF

Just some quick snaps with the iPhone, didn't have time for a full photo, will have to wait till I come back from road trip.

At the dealership:

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

1408683358930IMG_2337.jpg

Finally home:

IMG_2347.jpg

4 little piggies with their asses

1408683438658IMG_2343.jpg

--

Re: My FF

This is just our 'test' car, to see if it works with our family.

My wife just drove home from dinner. She's like omg this car is some much better than the Speciale. mail

'More luxurious, no carbon inside, all leather, power seats' mail

My kids loved it in the back, they have tons of room compared with the Turbo S. 

After dinner we went to a friend's place to pick up a couple set of golf clubs, all fit in the back, with kids in the back seats, with room to spare.

We are definitely taking delivery of the one we spec-ed in Dec.

Did some driving after picking it up  and before going home:

IMG_2352.JPG

I think I did alright warming up the tires.

Anyway, while still familiarizing with the car, it feels just different than the F12 I drove before and the Speciale. 

Definitely feels like a heavy car but still agile enough. 

Will know more once I finish the weekend road trip.

--

Congratulations . This car completes your stable perfectly . And I am not surprised your wife likes it better then the raw Speciale . You should never have her allowed to sit in it indecision You will not be able to drive with her anymore in the sports cars you have !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Congratulations - a fine addition to a magnificent stable.Smiley

--

Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

Fantastic addition to indeed a fantastic garage! Well done!

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

There lies the dilemma. As you guys can see I am out of garage space, next to the garage there is room for 2, one is already taken by the family van and the other is my mother-in-law's spot. Yet I have another 4 cars on order. New FF is going to replace that FF, Speciale Spyder will replace the Speciale, still missing 2 spots for the 3RS and the 918.

Kicking the G out is out of the question, my wife likes to have it not under the weather. Right now the garage is divided into a his and her side. 

--

Great addition Whoopsy! I absolutely love the FF!  

Your problem can be solved quite easily... Just put two car lifts on the right side of your garage. Then you can store two cars above eachother. Your garage has height enough.

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

Very nice garage. The FF is a great car.

not really a fan of the colour, but there is certainly something about the FF kiss

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Love the Fiat 500 in the background! indecision

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2014 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab

Whoopsy: There lies the dilemma. next to the garage there is room for 2, one is already taken by the family van and the other is my mother-in-law's spot.

You have the mother-in-law visit so often that she has her own parking spot!!!!!!

Congrats, sounds like the right car for you family. I noticed the front license plate mount, never saw one like that before but it looks like a good solution. Enjoy the car. wink

You can try two lifts, or one ore these very fancy two level parking that ors in the ground...

Congrats on the FF. There is no competition for it right now, it is THE best 4 seater out there. If only the redesigned the body around the rear lights... On Fchat there are people saying that with snow tires, except for ground clearance, it is better than normal SUVs... 

Main difference with F12 is less hp and taller gearing. And of course AWD.

Whoopsy:

This is just our 'test' car, to see if it works with our family.

Anyway, while still familiarizing with the car, it feels just different than the F12 I drove before and the Speciale. 

Definitely feels like a heavy car but still agile enough. 

Will know more once I finish the weekend road trip.

CongratulationsSmiley The FF is in a category of one - there's nothing out there like it.

Congrats nice staple. The FF is almost the only  F-car  which  I would consider to buy.  I test drove one a couple of month ago in wintertimes. Nice handling and driving like beeing on rails. :-)

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Porsche 997.2 Turbo S  *  BMW Grand Coupe 650i xDrive

Congrats Smiley Love the color combo amazing set of cars you have, and even more amazing are the to come SmileySmiley. Would love to see more interior pics.

Forget the interior space and all that crap, tell us about engine sound and power Smiley

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

Congrats.... great Family car. Ideally to have a sports car and take the kids around.

Also I wasnt a fan in the beginning, I have to say I really love it now. This car is already today a classic! Amazingly beautiful!

Whoopsy:

There lies the dilemma. As you guys can see I am out of garage space, next to the garage there is room for 2, one is already taken by the family van and the other is my mother-in-law's spot. Yet I have another 4 cars on order. New FF is going to replace that FF, Speciale Spyder will replace the Speciale, still missing 2 spots for the 3RS and the 918.

Kicking the G out is out of the question, my wife likes to have it not under the weather. Right now the garage is divided into a his and her side. 

Congrats for the FF. I think it goes very nicely with your needs.

For cleaning the garage; I would definately get rid of the Turbo S since everything you do with it, you can do with FF.

3RS should be out next year and you probably will receive  it in 2016. So there is plenty of time to decide.

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

Amazing car and perfect combo choice.

I start became a Ferrari fan...the line up is amazing!!

Congrats wink

Very cool stable indeed!

Regarding your storage system, there are plenty of systems available on the market to make the most use of available space. Like Suzy says, a lift can do the job if height isn't a problem. I like the below system as well.

Anything will do in order to avoid having to sell prized possessions kiss

--

M3 CSL / Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo Touring / RS2 Avant / GT3RS Kermit

Back from the road trip golf trip. drove about 900km, I guess the car is all broken in now 

IMG_2361.JPG

Friend drove his 2010 Turbo, he tried to handicap me by dumping all his luggage in my car:

IMG_2385.jpg

That's 4 golf bags plus 2 overnight bags and shoes and balls and a cooler in there somewhere.

Battle scars:

IMG_2396.jpg

Hard to see but I think there must be like 10,000 dead bugs on the bumper and windscreen. Unlike some other Ferrari owners, I really drive them. Hard. 

The drive, hmm, the car is definite slower and less agile than the F12, but not sure how to describe it compares with the Speciale as in the FF the cabin is nice and quiet and can't really feel the speed. In the Speciale even slow speed feels fast.

FF weights quite a bit and it really shows, I can really feel the car takes a set first before biting into the corners. But it's a GREAT highway cruiser, superb GT car. Effortless passing power, even in 7th gear and and below 3k rpm. It just goes.

The highway, HWY 5, we took is not really a busy one, but it's a great drive up then down the mountains, from seat level all the way up to almost 1300m. Posted speed limit is 120km/hr, already the fastest in my province. But traffic pretty much goes around 140km/hr. The 997.2 Turbo is already a pretty powerful and fast car, but I can pretty much leave it in the dust at will, not even a fair fight. instead of fuel economy, Ferrari record top speed instead, and I have one marked that's very memorable but not for public consumption :) Also on the highway there is a section with a tunnel, Monaco GP time, windows down and revs up. Wow, what a sound. Nothing I have driven compares against a big V12 screaming at 8000 rpm. Don't think even the 918 would sound better inside that tunnel.

I had a 90 litre tank I think and the Porsche had a 65 or something like that. We both started with a full tank but by the time we get there his fuel light is already on while I had about 20 litres left, trip was about 400km one way, so around 17.5l/100km while the Turbo did about 15l/100km, not great but then again we were pushing the cars and driving uphill most of the time.

FF pretty much exceeded my expectations, nothing compares. The cargo room, the human room, the sound, the speed, the ride, even the handling is surprisingly good. The car even blends in in the motel parking lot, among a sea of parked cars it doesn't stands out. But when someone finds out it's a Ferrari they start looking, most comments weren't great, all said they are not sure about the styling, some says they like it and some say that's a lot of room inside. Instead of chatting with them about my car I stand among them pretending to be just another looker and listen. But the undercover job can only last so long as eventually we need to head out. Haha.

The start up sound, hmm, I can listen to it all day, but it's pretty loud so I think I woke up half the motel in the morning when we leave early in the morning, like 6:30am so we can play 36 a day.

Think that's about it, will post more when I think of something else.

--

So at the end of the day... your friend found that the FF makes a suitable car for his  "caddy."   Oh how the mighty can fall.....smiley  Maybe for the next golf safari you guys can "chip in" and get a proper golf mobile - A Bentley Mulsanne.Smiley

Great car and thanks for sharing the drive up the Coquihalla  Whoopsy.... just too bad BC needs those damn front license plates.... laugh

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

JimFlat6:

So at the end of the day... your friend found that the FF makes a suitable car for his  "caddy."   Oh how the mighty can fall.....smiley  Maybe for the next golf safari you guys can "chip in" and get a proper golf mobile - A Bentley Mulsanne.Smiley

Well one of the red necks there called the thing a Ferrari pickup truck.

Another can't believe I drove the thing all the way from Vancouver without breaking down. 

Someone else though it was a Maserati, as she thinks Ferrari only makes 2 seaters. And she asked me where is the engine or is it a electric car, cause the 2 back seats took over the engine spot.

Bentley Mulsanne, hmm, if I drove that thing for the road trip, I will probably puke before half way there, zero body control and as big as a titanic and can't take 4 golf bags.

--

Ferrari pick up truck? LOL. You met too many experts on your trip.indecision  Really the FF is a very cool ride. Chris Harris drives his Weimaraner around in his so the FF has been proven more than useful. kiss FF would probably get fewer comments from strangers without the Scuderia shields.

Some Bentleys can have pretty tight suspensions now and "street people" seem to be intimidated by them so you don't get ludicrous comments and questions.

Had a ride in a Speed before, body rolls too much, and the weight you can really feels. Like a yacht. Actually more like a car ferry.

--

One other thing I noticed. Had a drive in my Speciale today, pretty much back to back test, came home to switch cars. 

The clutch pickup in the FF is just like the Speciale, and completely different than the F12 I tested 2 weeks ago. That F12 I believe has a worn out clutch or something, it was very lazy in engaging off idle, does't fulling engage until like 1500 rpm. Good thing the deal didn't work out. 

--

The FF is probably one of the best,. most useable supercars ever created. Lamborghini had the Espada that was very wicked for its day, its amazing they haven.t revisited the 4 seat market.

If I see that picture of that trunk I totally get tempted. This car is just so usable!

Great choice - again, beautiful color. 

and hey.... dont complain that the F12 is faster, you are complaining on an outrageously high level! smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688646 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408733 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255531 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234800 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65400 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857605 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773420 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM