Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Boxster GTS - evo magazine

evo video of theBoxster GTS in Majorca's mountain roads - car and roads both made for each other - the scenery and the sound....Smiley

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/292993/porsche_boxster_gts_on_spains_greatest_road.html

--

Skoda Octavia Mk.3 daily drive

Re: Boxster GTS - evo magazine

DC, this car was made for you

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

+1.... So long as SWMBO is comfortable driving it...wink

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:
    reginos:

+1.... So long as SWMBO is comfortable driving it...wink

We'll find out on the 30th August when we are off to Swindon to test drive one.....of course I'll keep Rennteam updated!  The adaptive sport seats would be a must for her though, with the much greater range of adjustments, in particular the adjustable squab angle and lumbar support. She loved the comfort seats in our much missed Boxster S - she still thinks they were the most comfortable car seats she'd ever experienced, the only potential problem is the more pronounced side bolsters which hopefully can be adjusted to be not as tight as the fixed bolsters in the standard sports seats.

Without risking counting chickens before the cock has caught the hen we've pretty much decided on spec - colour is the only unsure choice - I like rhodium silver with black interior although SWMBO thinks silver is an unlucky colour, so a bit of convincing to do there. I think another blue car would be getting repetitive even though sapphire blue is appealing if a bit feminine for a GTS model somehow..

Other than that, yes, it ticks every single box....Smiley and she does admit she really misses our Boxster, she hated the Cayman and didn't really like the 911 that much. We'd keep SWMBO's motorised shopping trolley - a 3 year old Honda Jazz - not worth selling it for what we'd get and it is as cheap as chips to run. Just means going back to 3 cars - yet again.....Smiley

GTS in Rhodium Silver...

Boxster GTS2.jpgBoxster GTS1.jpg

--

I expect you'll be impressed with the GTS - it's a very well sorted car just that little bit more special than the norm. Of all the GTS at the Silverstone Experience I attended last week, the blue one had the greatest kerb appeal. (I assume it was sapphire) however silver was also bright enough to draw attention. Interestingly, there were no black Caman\Boxster or 911 on the day.

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

We'll keep our fingers crossed then...... 

On possible spec may I suggest getting the "exterior black package", whereby the abundance of exterior black plastic is painted instead of being left raw. The standard will look scruffy after a while whereas this package makes the car more neat and expensive looking.

The PTV is not just an ABS triggered stability system but it also includes a mechanical 22%/27% LSD.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

We'll keep our fingers crossed then...... 

On possible spec may I suggest getting the "exterior black package", whereby the abundance of exterior black plastic is painted instead of being left raw. The standard will look scruffy after a while whereas this package makes the car more neat and expensive looking.

The PTV is not just an ABS triggered stability system but it also includes a mechanical 22%/27% LSD.

Thanks reginos.., my fingers crossed too Smiley Both options already on the list....Smiley

We thought of the following :-

White, Rhodium silver or Sapphire blue with Black leather interior Smiley

20" Carrera S  wheel

Coloured wheel crests

Adaptive sports seats plus, electrical with memory package

Bi-Xenon headlights with PDLS + dynamic high beam

Boxster GTS black exterior pack

Front and rear park assist

Electric folding outside mirrors

Autodim mirrors and rain sensing wipers

PDK

Porsche Torque Vectoring

Light design package

2 zone Automatic air conditioning

Heated Seats

Porsche Communication Management

Bose Surround Sound System

Telephone Module

--

bridggar:

I expect you'll be impressed with the GTS - it's a very well sorted car just that little bit more special than the norm. Of all the GTS at the Silverstone Experience I attended last week, the blue one had the greatest kerb appeal. (I assume it was sapphire) however silver was also bright enough to draw attention. Interestingly, there were no black Caman\Boxster or 911 on the day.

Sapphire blue....

sapphire blue.jpg

--

For completeness, additional spec for GTS over S:

+15hp
    +10NM
    Additional center radiator in front bumper (not an option on any other Boxster)
    PASM/X73
    PDLS
    Tinted rear lights
    PSE
    Sport chrono
    20" wheels
    different front and rear bumpers
    Sports Seats Plus
    Sport Design Steering wheel
    Full leather/alcantara interior

All for an additional £5844

dreamcar:
    with Black leather interior Smiley

the standard dash, door and center console trims are nasty IMO. Best get the brushed aluminium or cover them in leather (I think you can now choose the colour if you want some contrast)

what about DAB Radio

I also like the door sill trims in stainless steel (too much plastic showing on standard items)

I think the trim is carbon by default (at least it was on all the Silverstone cars)

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

sfo:
    dreamcar:
    with Black leather interior Smiley

the standard dash, door and center console trims are nasty IMO. Best get the brushed aluminium or cover them in leather (I think you can now choose the colour if you want some contrast)

what about DAB Radio

I also like the door sill trims in stainless steel (too much plastic showing on standard items)

All good stuff sfo and thanks for the advice but I can't go ticking boxes ad-nauseum - I'd end up with a car approaching £70k....SmileyCertainly in an ideal world I'd have the GTS interior pack or the brushed aluminium trim, aluminium PDK selector lever, and illuminated stainless steel sill guards. Although I object, on principle, paying £324 for DAB which comes as standard in my tin-pot bread and butter Skoda...Smiley

--

bridggar:

I think the trim is carbon by default (at least it was on all the Silverstone cars)

only if you pay £2015 for the GTS Interior Package

dreamcar:
    but I can't go ticking boxes ad-nauseum - I'd end up with a car approaching £70k....

my suggestions cost around £1k .. a rounding error Smiley

I joined Rennteam 2003 and own a 981S (986 and 987 before).

More than 100.000km experience with different Boxsters. My Boxster has PASM but no PTV. I don’t think that the Boxster needs this feature as long as you don’t track your car often. I had short testdrive with PTV on public streets. If you love your driving license you don’t need it …

Great car, but probably my last Boxster. Our second car will be sold because my wife will spend some time working in London, two cars in Munich is stupid and I need a car to transport my Triathlon bike.

sfo:
    dreamcar:
    but I can't go ticking boxes ad-nauseum - I'd end up with a car approaching £70k....

my suggestions cost around £1k .. a rounding error Smiley

£1,125....Smiley

I'll have a good look at the trims on the various cars at Swindon when I'm up there. I agree shame to spoil the pot for a "ha'poth of tar" as they say.... but my last Porsche ( the pre-owned 997/2) cost £48k, and the most expensive new Porsche I've ever had cost £57k, so £66k is quite an uplift financially....and I wouldn't want SWMBO to veto it Smiley Smiley

--

delete PTV and you are virtually there ..

You will notice the aluminium/leather and DAB radio (to 'future proof' the car) much more than you will notice the PTV ..

Out of the options mentioned by DC, I would delete the 2 zone a/c and definitely keep the LSD/PTV.

I wonder how necessary or effective 2 zone would be in a small cabin.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

Out of the options mentioned by DC, I would delete the 2 zone a/c and definitely keep the LSD/PTV.

I wonder how necessary or effective 2 zone would be in a small cabin.

It's not so much for the two-zone (although SWMBO does feel the cold more than I do) it saves the constant twiddling with manual A/C. Not essential though and I agree if push came to shove I'd choose PTV over climate control. I could drop Bose as well, although with PCM it's mandatory to pay extra for either Sound Package Plus (which in the 987 was awful) or the Bose, so if I've got to pay I'd rather get some benefit albeit at an additional £400.

--

standard a/c is awful and completely basic .. I kept fiddling with it with roof up. It has no temperature control. Utterly awful, and with manual gearbox, worse as gear stick is in the way.

this was one of 2 options I really regretted not ticking on my departed 981S, the other was PASM.

dreamcar:
    I could drop Bose as well, although with PCM it's mandatory to pay extra for either Sound Package Plus (which in the 987 was awful) or the Bose, so if I've got to pay I'd rather get some benefit albeit at an additional £400.

if PCM not essential, you could go for Audio system plus at just over £1k, it includes DAB radio, sound package plus and USB port.

sfo:
    dreamcar:
    I could drop Bose as well, although with PCM it's mandatory to pay extra for either Sound Package Plus (which in the 987 was awful) or the Bose, so if I've got to pay I'd rather get some benefit albeit at an additional £400.

if PCM not essential, you could go for Audio system plus at just over £1k, it includes DAB radio, sound package plus and USB port.

Unfortunately want PCM. The 18 way adaptive electric sport seat plus are another hugely expensive extra (£1,914) but essential for SWMBO's comfort. I just hope they have a good range of side bolster adjustment as this is a potential deal breaker. Our ideal seat would have been the sport seats 14 way  electrically adjustable - equivalent to the comfort seats of the 987 / 997 models but this choice isn't available on the GTS. Smiley

Dick Lovett's demonstrator  only has the standard sport seat  plus so we will need to try a car with the adaptive seats as well - probably have to be a 911 I imagine.

--

Having to choose between these options is lame. Auto AC, PCM, Bose... They should be standard. Quite a shame.

SciFrog:

Having to choose between these options is lame. Auto AC, PCM, Bose... They should be standard. Quite a shame.

I agree - all three of those are "must haves" for me - auto A/C, navigation, DAB radio, folding door mirrors, park assist, autodim mirrors and rain sensing wipers, ALL standard on my Skoda which is a third of the price of the Boxster. Smiley

I could probably - just - forgive Bose as an extra in an open top sports car where the real music comes out of the exhaust Smiley

--

these are the reasons why Porsche is the most profitable car manufacturer in the world

sfo:

these are the reasons why Porsche is the most profitable car manufacturer in the world

You are not wrong there sfo Smiley

--

A better image of sapphire blue, taken at this years Festival of Speed

sapphire GTS2.JPG

1408443695181sapphire GTS.JPG--

Yellow GTS, same venue just to show I'm not fixated on blue! Smiley

yellowGTS.JPG

--

Blue for me!

Spyderidol:

Blue for me!

SWMBO has vetoed silver, so it's white - or blue yet again.....Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689973 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409451 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255844 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235077 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65588 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858204 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774320 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM