Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The "Hellcat" has arrived

Rossi:
    RC:

I hate open air festivals. I was at one once and me and my wife didn't know how to escape as soon as possible. So many people, the stinking smells of transpiration and vomit, music quality not really good (open airs tend to be loud but the sound is often horrible) and a couple of times, someone grabbed my wife's butt. Not really pleasant. Also got a kiss from a drunken woman, her breath smelled like shit. Didn't even see that coming, I hate these festivals.

That sounds like a completely successful afternoon. Smiley

Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Whoopsy:

Your family are so not getting into my cars in that state.........................

SmileySmiley

Gnil:
    Whoopsy:

Your family are so not getting into my cars in that state.........................

And I thought Canadians understand that and are welcoming in any circumstances . I guess you need to get more rooted in Smiley

We had big plastic bags waiting for us in the trunk !

And the car I took is our old Van ...... that I gladly never got rid off as it is used for these kind of things 

We do, after we are all lubed up with alcohol. Or after we beat the crap out of you in hockey Smiley

--

Rossi:
    RC:

I hate open air festivals. I was at one once and me and my wife didn't know how to escape as soon as possible. So many people, the stinking smells of transpiration and vomit, music quality not really good (open airs tend to be loud but the sound is often horrible) and a couple of times, someone grabbed my wife's butt. Not really pleasant. Also got a kiss from a drunken woman, her breath smelled like shit. Didn't even see that coming, I hate these festivals.

That woman was quite attractive I have to say but her smell...I still have it in my nose...and that shitty taste in my mouth. Smiley Smiley My wife has actually sworn that she will never go to an open air festival again and she never did. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    Rossi:
    RC:

That woman was quite attractive I have to say but her smell...I still have it in my nose...and that shitty taste in my mouth. Smiley Smiley My wife has actually sworn that she will never go to an open air festival again and she never did. 

...but you are a frequent visitor in disguise? Smiley

--

bluelines:

SmileySmileySmiley

Lars997:
    bluelines:

SmileySmileySmiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

bluelines:

Are you into sweat, shit and vomit smells? I ain't. No matter how beautiful the woman. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Back to topic: I watched a couple of Hellcat videos and while I really like how the car looks, sounds and of course the price tag, I'm not so sure anymore I want this car. There is a video where even a professional driver from Dodge SRT division tried a good 0-60 mph run and the best he got was 4.7 seconds or so. So the time from 0-62 mph would be around 5 seconds. Ridiculously high for a 707 hp (Europe actually 717 hp) car. This car should have AWD I guess but it is already way too heavy. Yes, from 100 to 200 kph, it would probably keep up with my 991 Turbo S, maybe it would even be a bit faster, maybe even in the 200 to 300 kph range (top speed is 199 mph or 318 kph) but if I "beat" the 717 hp Challenger SRT Hellcat from 0-100 kph with my 2.5 ton Jeep SRT and almost 250 hp less, something is very wrong with the Challenger. 

So right now I am still looking at the Ford Mustang GT 500 Shelby, the Camaro ZL1 or even the new Camaro Z28 (which has a great engine and great handling but straight-line performance is not really good).

Decisions... 

--

RC:

Back to topic: I watched a couple of Hellcat videos and while I really like how the car looks, sounds and of course the price tag, I'm not so sure anymore I want this car. There is a video where even a professional driver from Dodge SRT division tried a good 0-60 mph run and the best he got was 4.7 seconds or so. So the time from 0-62 mph would be around 5 seconds. Ridiculously high for a 707 hp (Europe actually 717 hp) car. This car should have AWD I guess but it is already way too heavy. Yes, from 100 to 200 kph, it would probably keep up with my 991 Turbo S, maybe it would even be a bit faster, maybe even in the 200 to 300 kph range (top speed is 199 mph or 318 kph) but if I "beat" the 717 hp Challenger SRT Hellcat from 0-100 kph with my 2.5 ton Jeep SRT and almost 250 hp less, something is very wrong with the Challenger. 

So right now I am still looking at the Ford Mustang GT 500 Shelby, the Camaro ZL1 or even the new Camaro Z28 (which has a great engine and great handling but straight-line performance is not really good).

Decisions... 

I like so much more the Mustang Shelby than Hellcat, it looks the real American muscle car while he Hellcat is a bit like the Ford Capri from the US Smiley even with 707hp doesn´t get my vote, go for Mustang Smiley

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

Those cars will never have 4WD and they will never hit 60 at much less than 4.5 seconds - that is not the point.  They destroy tires in the first three gears!  That is the point.  I suppose you can add launch control that neuters the motor until 80 mph or so but why ruin the fun.  Ride it like a wild bull.  700 horse will be useable at speed and it will rocket you when it is.

RC:

Smiley

Must indeed be hilarious, taking you to a place where people are actually having fun.

--

2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:
    RC:

Smiley

Must indeed be hilarious, taking you to a place where people are actually having fun.

If sweating and vomiting is your kind of fun, I'm happy we don't hang out. Smiley

--

As I love the data of the Hellcat I never been a fan of the challenger. Here the same... I will wait for the opponents! Still have an eye onto the Stingray - the Corvette is a great car - at least has some myth behind he name, too!

I'm not even a big muscle car guy, but even this has me intrigued! How can you say no at that price??

Hell of a car for that bucks! Soooo tempted! 

Mike S:

I'm not even a big muscle car guy, but even this has me intrigued! How can you say no at that price??

Decoded: He bought one!! Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    Mike S:

Smiley I can't say anything any more without insinuating a purchase Smiley

Mike S:
    Whoopsy:
    Mike S:

Smiley I can't say anything any more without insinuating a purchase Smiley

Which color did you get? Smiley

--

The only real issue I have with the Challenger is the size of this car. It looks huge, the Mustang looks much more compact. Like I said...decisions .

@Mike: Congratulations. smiley

--

The only real issue I have with the Challenger is the size of this car. It looks huge, the Mustang looks much more compact. Like I said...decisions .

For an all day drive...common here in the States , the Challenger will comfortably transport four big beefy American men and their luggage easily...the Mustang /Camero : two adults and two younger children 

Jay Leno  comparing it to his  Hemi Challenger :

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MWMjR3r-nsI

Geigercars (grey importer of US cars in Germany/Munich) has finally published prices for the Challenger SRT Hellcat. Between 71 and 73k EUR, full optioned at around 75-76k EUR. Two years warranty and 19% VAT included.

Still leaning towards the 2014 Mustang GT 500 Shelby SVT. This car looks smaller and meaner...

--

Mustang will be a much better choice RC!  They actually handle well.  Speaking of which - I helped my cousin (Ida) import a 69 Mustang convertible into Austria a few years ago.  That worked out great.  I'm certain it turns heads where she drives it.

Charger Hellcat!

Foxnews:

Powered by the 707 horsepower 6.2-liter supercharged engine, the 2015 Charger SRT Hellcat can cover a quarter mile in 11 seconds flat and hit a top speed of 204 mph – laying claim to the titles of quickest and fastest sedan in the world.

(Sorry, Porsche:)

So, this is a affordable, daily driver family sedan to bring your kids to school and driving grocery shopping kiss

The front is much nicer looking IMO, pity it's a 4door!

Lars997:

So, this is a affordable, daily driver family sedan to bring your kids to school and driving grocery shopping kiss

No AWD. Smiley Also not a fan of the rear wing.

I hope Chrysler is clever enough to offer a Hellcat version of the Jeep GC too. I'm afraid however that this isn't going to happen, for whatever (weird) reason. This car would sell very well.

--

Leawood911:

Mustang will be a much better choice RC!  They actually handle well.  Speaking of which - I helped my cousin (Ida) import a 69 Mustang convertible into Austria a few years ago.  That worked out great.  I'm certain it turns heads where she drives it.

This car (Challenger Hellcat or Mustang GT500) would be a weekend fun car, for me and my son, for some drifting, crazy stuff fun on parking lots and deserted airport fields or race tracks. I'm not really caring about the handling (though the Mustang isn't bad at all but still far away from the razor sharp handling of a 991), more about the monster power of the engine. What kind of draws me towards the Mustang is also the fact that I could actually transform it, little by little, into a Super Snake. Add another 20k EUR and I get over 800 hp or even up to 900 hp and more. There are so many parts available on the market already, parts which are reliable and easily accessible.

I am very inclined towards a black GT500 SVT but I still hesitate. This is still a lot of money and I have spent way too much for cars lately. Maybe I should take a brake but I don't want the new Mustang and the old one is going to be sold out (new) soon.

--

The big negative on factory supercharged Mustangs is this: Heat. After several hard runs they lose some power because the cooling and the intercooler system were under engineered. SRT engineers claim the Hellcat motor is good for a solid half hour at full power with no HP loss from heat issues. Maybe Ford will fix that issue on the next version, but I wouldn't count on it yet.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM