Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 Turbo S - Short Driving Report (owner)

KresoF1:

I am probably the only person here who do not like black wheels with Agate Grey. No contrast at all. You can barely see the wheel design when it is painted in black. Specially in distances over 5m or so.

Also, Platinum satin is little bit too brown for me. I still do not understand why Porsche can not offer something like Titanium grey wheels a la Audi?

+ 1, don´t like black wheels, Titanium or Platinum would look better in my opinion.

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

J.Seven:
    KresoF1:

I am probably the only person here who do not like black wheels with Agate Grey. No contrast at all. You can barely see the wheel design when it is painted in black. Specially in distances over 5m or so.

Also, Platinum satin is little bit too brown for me. I still do not understand why Porsche can not offer something like Titanium grey wheels a la Audi?

+ 1, don´t like black wheels, Titanium or Platinum would look better in my opinion.

Not with agate grey. Like I said before...grey in grey...have it on my Boxster S, doesn't really like it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

What a difference a new rim color makes...  (amazing...got so many thumbs up just last weekend, incredible).

mytt2.jpg

mytt1.jpg

Looks great RC! I love this particular color combination a lot. Smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS 

I wasn't much of a fan of black wheels, but now I can't really picture this color combination looking correct without them. wink

Not my cup of tea I'm affraid.... It looks too boyracer-ish.  It almost doesn't even look like a Porsche  angry I'd prefer the classic look, preferably even with the chrome trim around the windows on dark exterior colors.

Fortunately, it doesn't really matter what i think. It's RC's car, so as long as he likes it, it's OK. 

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

SuzyF:

Not my cup of tea I'm affraid.... It looks too boyracer-ish.  It almost doesn't even look like a Porsche  angry I'd prefer the classic look, preferably even with the chrome trim around the windows on dark exterior colors.

Fortunately, it doesn't really matter what i think. It's RC's car, so as long as he likes it, it's OK. 

You made my day (in a positive way). If a woman doesn't like the car, it is perfect. Smiley Smiley

Btw: My wife didn't even notice that I painted the rims in black and she loves black painted rims (her X3 has also matte black painted rims). I guess she really doesn't care about cars. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Looks great kiss

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

RC:
    SuzyF:

You made my day (in a positive way). If a woman doesn't like the car, it is perfect. Smiley Smiley

Btw: My wife didn't even notice that I painted the rims in black and she loves black painted rims (her X3 has also matte black painted rims). I guess she really doesn't care about cars. Smiley

Smiley The only thing that is important, is that you like the car. 

Regarding your wife... You could be right. I actually think that the majority of women don't really care about cars. Smiley

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    RC:
    SuzyF:

Smiley The only thing that is important, is that you like the car. 

Regarding your wife... You could be right. I actually think that the majority of women don't really care about cars. Smiley

If you painted the bottom of your car red she would notice.  BTW - do not offer to paint the bottoms of her shoes red no matter how badly she says she would like red bottom shoes.

Love the black wheels  - even more if they were the sport classics.

KresoF1:

I'm late to this party (I have been on vacation), but I'm 100% with you.

Saw a Ferrari F430 Spider and a Lamborghini Gallardo here in Ibiza. Both cars had black rims,,the Ferrari was yellow, the Gallardo white. Black rims go very well with grey and black colors, they do not go well with blue, green or brownish colors. I guess this is a matter of personal taste though. My wife has black rims even on her X3 and I am planning to get my Jeep SRT rims in black matte too as soon as I need new tires. The winter rims already are painted in matte black. 

--

RC:

, they do not go well with blue, green 

I totally disagree . Black rims on blue or green car are fabulous . Just think 997.1 GT3 RS  or the blue minis cooper s with black rims ( quite a lot around ) 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    RC:

, they do not go well with blue, green 

I totally disagree . Black rims on blue or green car are fabulous . Just think 997.1 GT3 RS  or the blue minis cooper s with black rims ( quite a lot around ) 

+1 Yellow, Red and Dark Blue with glossy black rims looks just great IMHO

--

Glossy black looks too shiny in my opinion. Also, not a friend of blue and black rims, with the exception of light blue non-metallic colors. Like I said though...a matter of personal taste.

--

Have been stopped(!) by a Ferrari 458 driver last Sunday, we had a short chat about Porsche and Ferrari. He actually thought that this is the new GT2 yes (I had Sport Plus active and the PAA was deployed, so maybe the wing misled him) and since he had owned a 996 GT2 in the past, he was very interested. I showed him the car and he loved especially the black rims indecision (his car had black rims too and a black exterior). What he didn't like (and this doesn't surprise me at all) is the interior. It looks like his business partner's Panamera interior. surprise I kind of had to agree. Truth is: I liked his 458 a lot, black with black rims is quite a looker for a 458 and the interior was red with black, very nice. He wasn't sure if he should get the Speciale or a possible new GT2 but after seeing the interior, he decided to go for the Speciale. I cannot blame him. Pretty nice guy, he got Rennteam's web address from me, so maybe he is going to join us soon. blush

--

From the very first time I saw the interior of the 991 I found it to be really out of place  , and that includes the way too massive center console, the horrible door handles , that look like they belong in a Lexus, the trims etc..  All that  does not belong in a 911 . They tried to make it look more luxurious , hoping I guess to make people feel more confortable . Big mistake !

What had surprised me at the time, is that even on RT, when I complained , most people  liked the inside and fount it a big improvement . Maybe , lots have now revised their judgment and can see how out of place that inside looks.

Porsche needs to keep the '' traditional'' 911 inside . Sure make it modern , but keep it in line and don't try to make it like a GT .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Ergonomically, the 993 was a mess and although 996/997 was better, the plastics in particular for 997 were awful. I'm perhaps in the minority in really liking the 991 interior - perhaps with the exception of the parking brake location. 

--

991 Carrera Black\Black, XC90 Black\Black, 120 Cab Black\Coral Red - 2 kids, 1 dog

RC:

He wasn't sure if he should get the Speciale or a possible new GT2blush

First of all: there needs to be a new GT2 to order one Smiley

Gnil:

From the very first time I saw the interior of the 991 I found it to be really out of place  , and that includes the way too massive center console, the horrible door handles , that look like they belong in a Lexus, the trims etc..  All that  does not belong in a 911 . They tried to make it look more luxurious , hoping I guess to make people feel more confortable . Big mistake !

What had surprised me at the time, is that even on RT, when I complained , most people  liked the inside and fount it a big improvement . Maybe , lots have now revised their judgment and can see how out of place that inside looks.

Porsche needs to keep the '' traditional'' 911 inside . Sure make it modern , but keep it in line and don't try to make it like a GT .

I think that if the make the dash vertical again like it always has been in the 911, instead of the sedan like the huge downsloping center console into the dash, it would improve a lot. Probably something they will fix in the next generation 911... kind of like with the non-oval headlights of the 996.

--

I cannot see how the sloping console is unsuitable for the 911 and only fit for limousines! Perhaps, the 911 shouldn't even have a vertical centre console, because it didn't have one for many years and it only became optional in the 70s.smiley

The supersportscar Aventador, among others, has a sloping console too and no one has complained yes

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

I cannot see how the sloping console is unsuitable for the 911 and only fit for limousines! Perhaps, the 911 shouldn't have a centre console at all, because it didn't have one for many years and it only became optional in the 70s.smiley

+1

I don't get what the problem is with the "new" 991 console.

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Carlos from Spain:

I think that if the make the dash vertical again like it always has been in the 911, instead of the sedan like the huge downsloping center console into the dash, it would improve a lot. Probably something they will fix in the next generation 911... kind of like with the non-oval headlights of the 996.

Maybe they could fix a manual transmission and air-cooled engine too Smiley Heck, let's just reinvent the 964 and slap a 992 sticker on it. The 911 is fixed. Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Agree.

There are lot of 964 on used car market. As easy fix for 991 haters.

I almost drop my tablet when I start reading a post here where our beloved member wrote that he do not use a/c in his 997 Turbo because it robs power?! Truly hopes that is was joking or suffering from some kind of genetic disorder and not sweating at all...

Otherwise, how can someone drive in his 911 coupe on holiday rush hour in summer?

I like the 991 interior, it looks fresh and classy, not in the same league as 458 but still much better than my 997.2.

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

Perhaps the problem is not so much that the 911's interior looks like the Panamera's, but that the Panamera's interior looks like the 911's.

Just one detail that summarizes the 991 interior .

The manual '' automatic'' stick !!!!!!  It looks exactly like any automatic stick since 20 years ago ....

Porsche is supposed to be a  '' technical'' car with high engineering . With PDK and paddles there is no need for that '' stick''  . Everytime I put mine into P or R , I feel I drive my  dad's old BMW 750  surprise

They could of come with a much sportier / modern solution and display  ( like in the F or the McL )

This stick represents the philosophy put into the 991 interior :  to confort the 50 years old  non sporty type of clients !

( and , just to say, I am not far for 50 surprise )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

KresoF1:

I almost drop my tablet when I start reading a post here where our beloved member wrote that he do not use a/c in his 997 Turbo because it robs power?! Truly hopes that is was joking or suffering from some kind of genetic disorder and not sweating at all...

Maybe there is no heat in the middle west ? Smiley

I had the same reaction and hope it was a joke  ..... specially on a 480 HP car ! 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I'm not sure if the interior is the 991 TTS' problem or its pricetag. The interior is okay-ish for the Carrera models, but when you step up to Turbo and Turbo S pricerange, one expects something much better than a simple Boxster-interior. It's all well fitted and build, but it looks bland and dated. It's a EUR 200k+ car, so it needs to have an interior that looks and feels like a EUR 200k+ interior, not like a EUR 50k interior....

I can very well understand what the guy that RC met, was thinking. Getting out the beautifully designed 458 interior and looking into the 991... That must have been a huge disappointemt.

Porsche makes wonderful cars, but with the prices they are asking for their cars now, people expect a lot more than just a good performing and handling sportscar. They really need to step up their game, because the group of purist enthusiasts only gets smaller and smaller and a model like the Porsche 911 cannot survive solely on the purists. Yes, the  911 may have become more of a GT, but that's a good thing. The average modern  911 spends  95% of its driving time on speed restricted roads and people that buy a  911 are used to luxury in other car(s) they own or have owned, so they expect the simple things like a backup camera, decent navi, adaptive CC, etc. to be normal things in such an expensive car. Even cheap, small cars have these options as standard nowadays, so people get used to it.

in other words... Porsche needs to step up or decrease their prices. The latter won't happen, so it needs to be the first option... Wake-up over there in Stuttgart! It's 2014, not 2004!

--

Suzy

Sales of the 911 remain steady at some 25.000- 30.000 units per year. Apparently, enough people around the world think otherwise and have different tastes and perceptions for the iconic sportscar.

I cannot see, for example, how the F interior is in anyway better than the 911's or Boxster's 1408616833666image.jpg. Just different aesthetic and logic and a steering wheel straight from a game console.

1408616378062image.jpg

--

"Form follows function"

If I step into a modern Ferrari, it makes me feel special immediately. If I step into a modern Porsche, I cannot help thinking "My Audi's interior looks way better!". It just doesn 't feel special enough for the pricetag. However, as soon as you start driving, that feeling slowly fades away, to come back after you get used to the car.

BTW, if you compare the 2 interiors, you need to take both standard interiors, not the most expensive one for the Porsche (Boxster in this case) and the standard black one in the Ferrari Smiley

--

Suzy

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691173 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410246 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256274 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235434 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65761 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858880 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775201 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM