Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: The "Hellcat" has arrived

bluelines:
    Lars997:

I start liking this idea - putting a RT US road trip up - no matter with Hellcats or without - that might be cool! I'm in and I'm sure I could connect it as described to a family vacation.

I start liking it too! Smiley Would be a real adventure. Something in between "Hangover", "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and "The Cannonball Run" Smiley

"Hangover", "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and "The Cannonball Run

kiss Thats exactly what I had in mind Smiley

There are a few problems: I do not drink, not even beer. I also don't do drugs. I am married (looking is allowed though). What now?  I would spoil the whole trip. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

There are a few problems: I do not drink, not even beer. I also don't do drugs. I am married (looking is allowed though). What now?  I would spoil the whole trip. 

It sounds like you would be perfect for the character who is drugged by hookers pretending to be nuns.Smiley

RC:

Don't worry. I don't drink , I don't do drugs and I am also married . we will be driving while they will be sleeping in the back seats Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

They are going to put this same engine in the 4-door sedan Charger too:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/25/dodge-charger-srt-hellcat-upcoming/

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Gnil:
    RC:

Don't worry. I don't drink , I don't do drugs and I am also married . we will be driving while they will be sleeping in the back seats Smiley

Come on - dont be a party pooper! Sounds almost like you stopped to live!

It doesn't mean you only fun with sex, drugs & alcohol....

Leawood911:
    RC:

It sounds like you would be perfect for the character who is drugged by hookers pretending to be nuns.Smiley

hehe.... right SmileySmiley

Lars997:
    Leawood911:
    RC:

hehe.... right SmileySmiley

+1 Smiley Smiley

--

2014 991 Carrera 4S | Dark Blue Metallic | PDK | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE

2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

I did a 10 days road trip with 3 other friends last spring in Namibia . We were all married, I was the only non driker , they liked to have their sundowners , and I enjoyed having a cigare or two  ( nearly only time that year ) . We all had such a good time . Unforgettable memories .

As we get older, it is good sometimes to go back to a  serious man's outing ! 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I agree.  For many years Gladstone and I would drive up to Montreal for F1 every year and have a superb road trip.  Miss that.  Good times.  We have been hanging out since I moved here from Austria as a teenager (yes we downed a few - but not while driving) It was a nice little 3Kmile trip in three days.

Leawood911:

I agree.  For many years Gladstone and I would drive up to Montreal for F1 every year and have a superb road trip.  Miss that.  Good times.  We have been hanging out since I moved here from Austria as a teenager (yes we downed a few - but not while driving) It was a nice little 3Kmile trip in three days.

These kind of friendships are priceless !  Good they do not get lost with time ( wife, family, kids, work ) 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Leawood911:

These kind of friendships are priceless !  Good they do not get lost with time ( wife, family, kids, work ) 

+1 Smiley Smiley

--

ok guys... it seems we have some serious contestants!

How about having such a week or long weekend around end of October. I volunteer to do a lot of the organization - did this many times before for some men-trips - kind of having the right experience and necessary fantasies angry

I am up for it, but this year will be tough. Going to Singapore, Australia and New Zealand from end October to end November. After this I have pretty much used up all holidays for this year. Next year is a different story. Early spring time would be cool.

--

Since the Dodge Challenger is actualluy produced in Canada, could a trans-Canada to the nearest shipping port be in order?

Not that any road trip is out of the question, just that production to shipping port seems most appropriate.

I am quite certain that there are interseting sights between the two points.  (They may not all be family appropriate, so let us all plan ahead).

Hellcat VIN0001

2015-challenger-srt-hellcat-vin0001_100474008_l.jpg

--
    Happy Driving

Gosh - thats a really good looking car for the bucks. Screaming all over muscle!

@Blueflame.... we probably hsould use PM or another thread for organizing a trip!

Lars997:
    Gnil:
    RC:

Come on - dont be a party pooper! Sounds almost like you stopped to live!

It doesn't mean you only fun with sex, drugs & alcohol....

Who said something about sex? Smiley Smiley (with the wife only of course).

I also enjoy good food, a good mood, the atmosphere and a good vibe and of course good music (which may be debatable, I know that my taste doesn't please my age group Smiley).

On a more serious note: Time is the problem here. With two kids in school and me and my wife working each in our own business, it is not easy to find the time to do such a trip. I doubt that my wife (or daughter) would be interested in such a trip and another problem would be that if I buy a toy, my wife needs to buy herself something too, which would make this trip for me much more expensive than I would want it to be.

Still...very tempting. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Lars997:

ok guys... it seems we have some serious contestants!

How about having such a week or long weekend around end of October. I volunteer to do a lot of the organization - did this many times before for some men-trips - kind of having the right experience and necessary fantasies angry

We are with friends in Miami end of October. They are for the very first time in Miami and their daughter and her fiancee will be there too (the daughter lived in the US for two years), so we cannot change our plans (flights are booked already too). 
    You know what the worst thing is? One of my favorite "old" music groups is Earth, Wind & Fire. I always wanted to see them live but never got to because they don't have many concerts worldwide and I never had the chance. Now they are near Miami and I arrive there one week later. Dammit. Smiley

--

@RC: Earth wind and fire? Last year they have been all over Germany - even in our little city they have been! Why did you miss that chance?

Lars997:

@RC: Earth wind and fire? Last year they have been all over Germany - even in our little city they have been! Why did you miss that chance?

Are you sure? They were in Hamburg and Mainz last year but I wasn't aware of other gigs. Smiley Dammit.

I would also love to see Chic in a concert or even better: Earth, Wind & Fire, Chic, Kool & The Gang and The Gap Band in one concert. This would be a real highlight for me. If they ever do something together, I fly over, no matter when and where. Smiley Old times...you know... Smiley

--

You crack me up RC!  I got tickets for EWF when they went on sale.  Going to see them Aug 12th right here in my hometown.  I will post a few pics for you!

Leawood911:

You crack me up RC!  I got tickets for EWF when they went on sale.  Going to see them Aug 12th right here in my hometown.  I will post a few pics for you!

Thx. Smiley

--

RC:
    Lars997:

Are you sure? They were in Hamburg and Mainz last year but I wasn't aware of other gigs. Smiley Dammit.

I would also love to see Chic in a concert or even better: Earth, Wind & Fire, Chic, Kool & The Gang and The Gap Band in one concert. This would be a real highlight for me. If they ever do something together, I fly over, no matter when and where. Smiley Old times...you know... Smiley

Actually it was two years ago on a summer festival. I was there - but it was too crowded and way to loud! 

I hate open air festivals. I was at one once and me and my wife didn't know how to escape as soon as possible. So many people, the stinking smells of transpiration and vomit, music quality not really good (open airs tend to be loud but the sound is often horrible) and a couple of times, someone grabbed my wife's butt. Not really pleasant. Also got a kiss from a drunken woman, her breath smelled like shit. Didn't even see that coming, I hate these festivals.

--

RC:

I hate open air festivals. I was at one once and me and my wife didn't know how to escape as soon as possible. So many people, the stinking smells of transpiration and vomit, music quality not really good (open airs tend to be loud but the sound is often horrible) and a couple of times, someone grabbed my wife's butt. Not really pleasant. Also got a kiss from a drunken woman, her breath smelled like shit. Didn't even see that coming, I hate these festivals.

That sounds like a completely successful afternoon. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    That sounds like a completely successful afternoon. Smiley

Smiley

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

I was at one last saturday. Great fun smiley

Here is a pic of my 3 boys, my wife and myself indecision

1406646968822photo 5.JPG

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Your family are so not getting into my cars in that state.........................

--

Whoopsy:

Your family are so not getting into my cars in that state.........................

And I thought Canadians understand that and are welcoming in any circumstances . I guess you need to get more rooted in Smiley

We had big plastic bags waiting for us in the trunk !

And the car I took is our old Van ...... that I gladly never got rid off as it is used for these kind of things 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    754124 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431137 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258766 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255677 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79689 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5260 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868653 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802436 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM