Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Huracan AMS test

First real test. Numbers tomorrow...

Re: Huracan AMS test

0-100km/h: 3.1s

0-160km/h: 6.3s

0-200km/h: 9.6s

0-300km/h:27.6s

Weight 1545kg

please   and  the 991 Turbo S dates?

PorSchelover1:

please   and  the 991 Turbo S dates?

0-100km/h: 2.9s

0-160km/h: 6.5s

0-200km/h:10.2s

And till 300km/h Huracan is almost 3s faster.

Weight 1587kg

Huracan's figure are much better than I expected.... Their gear box certainly made some differences now.... Good job!!

Good numbers. Not mind blowingly amazing, but still good. In reality these numbers are good enough from now until the end of time, but on paper I think it's gonna look a bit weak compared to all the new cars from other people.

Huracan isn't even delivered yet and will exist for 6 years most likely. We will see plenty of new cars from Ferrari, Porsche, and McLaren during that time.

Huracan is delivered in EU.  Some dealers even have an test car. I had a chance to try one few days ago.

i guess that for the future we cannot expect so much better numbers if not from dragsters, it is all about how they handle than 0.2 sec faster to 200 or 300.

I think that we have reached the limit of the prestanda figures, they cannot be so much better then this, think that the formula 1 cars ar not so much faster!!!!!

--

993 c2

@noone1: I cant follow your arguements. First - Huracan figures are amazingly fast. Hard to find any other car as fast as this. Second - its the mid-class Lambo not the top end. Third - also Lamborghini will bring updates over the next 6+ years - thats just the beginning.

KresoF1:

Huracan is delivered in EU.  Some dealers even have an test car. I had a chance to try one few days ago.

Can you tell us your feedbak on that test ? 

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

Lars997:

@noone1: I cant follow your arguements. First - Huracan figures are amazingly fast. Hard to find any other car as fast as this. Second - its the mid-class Lambo not the top end. Third - also Lamborghini will bring updates over the next 6+ years - thats just the beginning.

Agree 100% Smiley , love the Huracan.

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

KresoF1:

Weight 1545kg

What were their findings on this car?

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S

BMW X6 4.0D

BMW X5 4.4i V8

Lars997:

Didn't say they were bad numbers, just said they are nothing new.

12C is quicker and going on 3 years old, 650S quicker still. 458 is on its way out and the Speciale is probably about the same performance. TTS very competitive until you get into higher speeds and maybe just as good on a track.

Yeah, it will get an SL version. Whatev. 458 replacement and probably 650S replace or GT3-style car will be out by then too, along with new Porsche stuff as well, Z06, and who knows what else. 

Great car from many perspectives, but not an amazing car from any perspective, IMO. I don't really care where it fits into the brand line-up. Point is that it's a $250-300K brand new model Lamborghini. I was expecting world domination considering the brand and how long we've been waiting for it, and even better than Aventador performance to be honest.

I'll try and drive one this Summer. It sure it will be great, but I have my doubts it will blow me away.

KresoF1:

Weight 1545kg

This is exactly the performance I expected for the 991 Turbo S. With 610 hp, same as Huracan, it would have been achievable. The Huracan base price is only 4k EUR more than the 991 Turbo S base price in Germany.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    KresoF1:

Weight 1545kg

This is exactly the perforV3oLnANCFYE

mance I expected for the 991 Turbo S. With 610 hp, same as Huracan, it would have been achievable. The Huracan base price is only 4k EUR more than the 991 Turbo S base price in Germany.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Christian, 

Most probably your asumption is correct.

Look at 0-280km/h figures...

Huracan 21.3s

991TS 24.6s

Above 200km/h Huracan is way faster then 991TS. And for only about €6K more in Germany with similar options. Yes, I know Huracan can not match overall usability of 991TS. Still...

@noone1: 12C is slower then Huracan and 650S is faster. Just, 650S with similar options is €40K more in Germany.

Vs. the 991 TTS in Germany the Lambo is a no-brainer.  Just 4K more!  Wow.  In the US, if prices where that close, the TTS would not sell well.  Just imagine the depreciation after a year on the TTS vs the Lambo as well.  Smiley

Leawood911:

Vs. the 991 TTS in Germany the Lambo is a no-brainer.  Just 4K more!  Wow.  In the US, if prices where that close, the TTS would not sell well.  Just imagine the depreciation after a year on the TTS vs the Lambo as well.  Smiley

That small of a price differential makes it more difficult for Porsche to position the planned mid-engined car about the TTS!  Next question is where will Audi position the R8 Mk II?  An R8 with most of the performance of the Huracan, and priced below the TTS will cause additional angst in Stuttgart.  They still are feeling the pain of the GT3 issues.

Which is what Piech wanted. He never liked Porsche the brand. Audi is HIS baby. 

If he cares a tiny bit about Porsche the brand, he would have back off Audi and position it as the entry luxury division for VAG, bridging the gap between VW and Porsche and above, i.e. Lambo and Bentley. AS it stands right now, he put Audi right in the middle of Porsche's market. 

If I were him, I would price the R8 at around 4S level just to squeeze Porsche further. Make the R8 the German version of the Nissan GTR. Cheap thrills. 

--

what will happen when road cars can go from zero to 100 mph in three seconds since there is no hint of an impending max point to this metric so far ...I suspect in this litigious country that the increasingly violent acceleration / deceleration will likely lead to lawsuits claiming the car makers  caused retinal detachments or sudden deaths from triggered arrhythmias or rupturing of undiagnosed brain or aortic  aneurysms , as has happened against many amusement park operators 

wouldn't make your passenger's significant other very happy either , LOL ! 

there will probably end up being a mandatory WOT health warning plaque on the  dash  similar to what you see now at the entry to roller coaster rides !

Smiley

Just shows how much the TTS is being held back! Hate that!

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2014 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab

KresoF1:
    RC:
    KresoF1:

Weight 1545kg

This is exactly the perforV3oLnANCFYE

mance I expected for the 991 Turbo S. With 610 hp, same as Huracan, it would have been achievable. The Huracan base price is only 4k EUR more than the 991 Turbo S base price in Germany.

--

Christian, 

Most probably your asumption is correct.

Look at 0-280km/h figures...

Huracan 21.3s

991TS 24.6s

Above 200km/h Huracan is way faster then 991TS. And for only about €6K more in Germany with similar options. Yes, I know Huracan can not match overall usability of 991TS. Still...

@noone1: 12C is slower then Huracan and 650S is faster. Just, 650S with similar options is €40K more in Germany.

Based on those straight line numbers, the 2013 12C is still quicker, albeit meaninglessly so.

0-100 km/h: 3,1 s
    0-200 km/h: 8,8 s
    0-300 km/h: 26,5 s
    400 m: 10,6 s (219 km/h)
    Vmax.: 333 km/h

Whoopsy:

If he cares a tiny bit about Porsche the brand, he would have back off Audi and position it as the entry luxury division for VAG, bridging the gap between VW and Porsche and above, i.e. Lambo and Bentley. AS it stands right now, he put Audi right in the middle of Porsche's market. 

If I were him, I would price the R8 at around 4S level just to squeeze Porsche further. Make the R8 the German version of the Nissan GTR. Cheap thrills. 

So why did he "give" Porsche the development for all sportscars in the VW Group? Smiley

--

Leawood911:

Unfortunately the Lamborghini is way too flashy, so the 991 Turbo S would still sell better in Germany.

Porsche can afford to provide less power in the 991 Turbo S because they know that there is no real alternative right now on the market. However, at some point, customers will be p.ss.d. I am quite close to that right now. Smiley

--

Whoopsy:

When the R8 came out in 2007, it was on 997.1 Turbo terratory and more expensive than 997.1 Carrera 4S; which it shouldn't be.

R8 V8 is a perfect rival for 991 C4S. I'm curious where Audi place it in price-wise.

--

ONUR

THE BEST CAR EVER smiley

11 E92 M3 CP - 09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)

I always wondered what were the sales targets of the Audi R8.   Worldwide from introduction (2007) until 2012 Audi sold about 21,000 units of the R8 while in the same period Porsche sold about 150,000 units of the 911.  From 2006 to 2012 about 20,000 997 Turbos were sold. (I am reporting figures I remember by memory but could check for the exact figures). The R8 sales compared to the total 911 appear to be minor but when comparing it to the Turbo sales they are quite good (imho) since the 997 was the most successful Turbo ever made (in terms of sold units) . 

In my opinion, the R8 doesn't make any sense in the VW Group. They should ditch the R8 and Porsche should build a less flashy (toned down 918 design) mid engined super car to rival the Lamborghini Huracan (which is more suitable for other regions like the US or the Middle East, where the flashy design isn't a real issue but actually a feature).

I don't think that a more powerful 911 Turbo S would be a direct rival to a possible 960/988 with the same power/performance.

--

R8 makes perfect sense. It sells well, it has it's own unique design that straddles exotic and conservative, and its R&D can be used as a Lamborghini too, or vice versa. The R8 is pretty much just the cooler version of the 911.

RC:

In my opinion, the R8 doesn't make any sense in the VW Group. They should ditch the R8 and Porsche should build a less flashy (toned down 918 design) mid engined super car to rival the Lamborghini Huracan!

Couldnt say it better.

The R8 biggest problem is the Logo on the hood - its an Audi! The cars of teachers & travelling salesmen. The image doesnt go with a super car!

noone1:

.... It sells well ....

dont know if a mid-engine based Porsche wouldnt sell even much better?

noone1:

....it has it's own unique design that straddles exotic and conservative, and its R&D can be used as a Lamborghini too, or vice versa. ....

This I completly agree - the car has it own looks.

BUT - after driving it couple of times I always felt that the car is far away from a Porsche feeling. It feels much more tense and fast to go 200 km/h with the Audi compared to the 991. Also - I have to say I love the mid engine and how easy it is to drift with that car.

Lars997:
    RC:

In my opinion, the R8 doesn't make any sense in the VW Group. They should ditch the R8 and Porsche should build a less flashy (toned down 918 design) mid engined super car to rival the Lamborghini Huracan!

Couldnt say it better.

The R8 biggest problem is the Logo on the hood - its an Audi! The cars of teachers & travelling salesmen. The image doesnt go with a super car!

noone1:

.... It sells well ....

noone1:

....it has it's own unique design that straddles exotic and conservative, and its R&D can be used as a Lamborghini too, or vice versa. ....

BUT - after driving it couple of times I always felt that the car is far away from a Porsche feeling. It feels much more tense and fast to go 200 km/h with the Audi compared to the 991. Also - I have to say I love the mid engine and how easy it is to drift with that car.

Oh, the Audi hate today.  This is especially humorous given Porsche's propensity to become a higher volume manufacturer with SUVs and sedans far outstripping sports car production.  

One totally misunderstood strategy of Piech is internal competition amongst the brands: if you do not cannibalize your own brands, someone else will.  This is good for Porsche, as the basic platform of the 911 is quickly, even in the highly evolved 991 format, reaching the end of its potential when compared with newer mid-engine configurations.  Porsche needs to step up its game since the carmaker of "teachers and traveling salesmen" is capable of building cars equal to if not greater than Porsche's finest sports cars.  

Lars997:
    RC:

Couldnt say it better.

noone1:

.... It sells well ....

noone1:

Teachers and salesmen? In China -- one of the biggest and important markets -- they are selling 50K car per month. One of the cheapest volume Audis I see on the road here, and A4, is about $50K. $80K for an A6. Anything above an A6 -- and there are lots -- is probably $100-200K. There are probably more $100K Audis sold in China than there are $100K Porsche sold in the US.

A mid-engine Porsche might sell better than a mid-engine Audi, but they can't sell in the same price range. R8 is a high-end 911 to Turbo price. Porsche would just trade high-end 911 and TT sales for mid-engine sales, and those sales would probably have lower margins because of the economies of scale in the 911 production.

Each brand can only demand so much. Anyone can sell cheaper car, but there is a ceiling on what people are willing to pay for a brand. Makes more sense to let both brands sell at their best rather than get rid of one and sandbag the other.

The $250-300K range is also a range with plenty of buyer overlap. In those range, you often aren't just competing customer for customer. A lot of those people will have no problem owning multiple high-end cars, so you really can probably sell them a Lamborghini in years 1-2, then sell them a Porsche years 3-4, then the new Ferrari 5-6. Product life cycles aren't entirely in sync and there are always different cars to own at different times. Also plenty of people in the world who just want the latest and greatest.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689950 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409441 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255839 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235074 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65582 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858187 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774298 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM