Crown

Board: Porsche - Macan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Porsche Macan

Well Maserati is too close to Ferrari to say it is a pure independent sportscar company...

SciFrog:

Well Maserati is too close to Ferrari to say it is a pure independent sportscar company...

Actually, Maserati is merged with Alfa Romeo under FIAT. It has split from Ferrari some 10 years ago.

Not that this changes anything.

--

"Form follows function"

The dealer is the same in the US, sales and service...

My Macan S just arrived, not sure if I want to take delivery.

I ordered one just to test the VIP jump the queue privilege. It worked. My order was placed mid April and car arrived at dealership today, I bypassed about 4 months worth of wait.

I liked that car. But it just seems a tad too small for what we need, plus I just complicated matter by buying a Ferarri on impulse. 

--

Whoopsy:

My Macan S just arrived, not sure if I want to take delivery.

I ordered one just to test the VIP jump the queue privilege. It worked. My order was placed mid April and car arrived at dealership today, I bypassed about 4 months worth of wait.

I liked that car. But it just seems a tad too small for what we need, plus I just complicated matter by buying a Ferarri on impulse. 

IMO skip the Macan, and get your wife the Ghibli she wants. That way she won't think you only buy cars for yourself when the Speciale and the 918 get delivered. She'll see it as you sharing your passions with her Smiley

She's been driving the Tiurbo S, but she just called dips on the Speciale. haha

--

... or that . problem solved ! 

Oh wait there's still the extra Macan. I'll drive it around for you, you know if it's absolutely necessary indecision

Just get a second Ferrari and donate the Macan to Enmanuel. Simple!kiss Every recent college grad needs a boost so what the heck, eh? Smiley It will bring you much good joss!

My friend who took my 12C is also taking over the the Macan haha. I just bought him dinner last night.

--

Have to admit that the Macan's style is not wearing well with me.  The sloping roofline tends to accentuate the front protruding design.  Starting to look like a hyena...

Wonderbar:

Have to admit that the Macan's style is not wearing well with me.  The sloping roofline tends to accentuate the front protruding design.  Starting to look like a hyena...

The design optics and vehicle dynamics are so far off the trail from Porsche's DNA that Hyena's should have ate the plans. Its just too far removed from Porsche's core design ethos.

We "met" three Macan out there in the wild here in Germany over the past couple of weeks. Every time I saw it, me, my kids and my wife thought it is a Cayenne...until we passed it and saw the back lights.

I think that Porsche achieved exactly what they had planned with the Macan: A Cayenne lookalike but not an alternative.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I was driving next to a silver Macan yesterday on base wheels. It looked small, so much smaller than the Cayenne, and the rear could in no way be mistaken for the bigger model with its slope and the distinctive lights

Perhaps, in black with big wheels the general impression is different.

--

"Form follows function"

Yeah, but when you see the Macan in the mirror approaching on the motorway, only an "expert" will see what's coming immediately. Happened to me 2 weeks ago returning from the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart on the autobahn - it was like, "yes, a Macan, no, oh, wait, a Cayenne, no, it is a Macan"... We know that this was Porsche's intention, so, a very good job done!

good friend of mine just received his macan Turbo last night.

until now he was driving a BMW x3 3.0.....so i guess Porsche hit the nail on the head with attracting new customers that were not willing to go for the more expensive models.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Yep, same here, friend of ours traded her SLK Mercedes for the Macan. She has been a die hard Merc fan for years. Marketing has attracted the target group quite well.

--

2003 Cayenne Turbo

Interesting: Walked into my dealership yesterday and they had three(!) Macan S Diesel in stock. For immediate pickup (I really wonder how well the Diesel S is selling). One is even a special offer because it has a white exterior with those "carbon" side blades and a black/red bi-color interior, which apparently isn't anyone's taste but my wife loves it. The customer who ordered it backed off from the deal for unknown reasons and the dealer is "stuck" with this car and this "weird" (according to dealer) color combo. yes Apparently most Germans order black and silver Macans.

So right now, my wife is thinking about replacing her X3 35d with this puppy but my guess is that it still will be too expensive, so I told her not to keep her hopes up because it would mean to buy out the X3 from BMW Leasing, which shouldn't be cheap. In a couple of days we are going to know more but my wife really put her mind on this car and I cannot say I really support her on this one. I would like the Turbo (if I would get a Macan). It is her car though and her decision, she would get it for her business and she really likes this car. New price tag is...hold your breath...87k EUR. Ouch. Car has lots of options.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I wonder if Porsche introduce "issues" with your car so you're drawn back to the dealership to browse!! 

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - 120 Cab - 2 kids, 1 dog

bridggar:

I wonder if Porsche introduce "issues" with your car so you're drawn back to the dealership to browse!! 

Smiley I wasn't browsing...my wife was and she had a little mishap with my (her) Boxster S.

--

When I picked up my RS at CCS Porsche in Auckland Tuesday last, the dealer put a Macan on the lift so we could design a custom skid plate for my turbo, SINCE PORSCHE CANT BE BOTHERED TO PROVIDE ONE, WANKERS!!!!!

What for? The Macan is not really for off road...

SciFrog:

It has more than enough off-road ability, and Watt plans to use that ability, just as I do.  I'm hopeful that Porsche will bring out some skid plate accessories later.  I found the rocker plates particularly effective on the Cayenne.

GM Austin:
    SciFrog:

It has more than enough off-road ability, and Watt plans to use that ability, just as I do.  I'm hopeful that Porsche will bring out some skid plate accessories later.  I found the rocker plates particularly effective on the Cayenne.

If you add the proper tires...maybe. Otherwise, be careful. 

--

The M&S standard tires should be fine.  I wouldn't deviate from the Porsche N-spec tires. Really good off-road tires are  too noisy on the highway. 

Yes im going the m/s tyres and do expect it to do well off pavement and off road although not extreme usage (snorkel , winches , traction plates .. ). If we get into that which is large parts of the south island id set up a cayenne turbo s. this macan trip is a training cruise through molesworth and rainbow stations, thru the mackenzie coutry, to wanaka and up past paradise above queenstown and down through the caitlins

th

i test drove my friends macan Turbo yesterday for a few km's

i am surprised how soft the ride actually is even in Sport plus mode. much softer than my x6m. the Suspension feels too soft actually. there eas always quite a bit of noselift when accelerating, which felt Kind of weird to me.

the car feels very nimble and i was surprised by how much grunt the engine has. the gearshifts in Auto mode sports plus are great. it is a neat small suv imo.

fun Little package...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

oh, and yes the enine/exhaust Sound is a joke....sounds like a merc C200

--

After initially discounting the Macan, I'm now reconsidering it because on our road trip in my wife's 5 series last week, it was very difficult to fit all the kid's stuff. We usually have a SUV/wagon and this is the first time without one. Furthermore, my own M135i daily driver will be replaced by M3 in the next couple of weeks which means I won't even have a vehicle where I can just flip down the back seats and carry my bike. 

Anyway, I was back on the configurator as a result of  the change of heart. One thing jumped out at me immediately - there is now a sports exhaust option (for turbo, not sure about the other models)? This is new to me. Has anyone heard or seen a clip of a Macan with sports exhaust?

RC:
    GM Austin:
    SciFrog:

If you add the proper tires...maybe. Otherwise, be careful. 

And the proper rims; we ended up ruining 3 wheels on a mountain road above Klosters in our Range Rover.

The 18" wheels should be fine. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804000 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448727 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266336 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90164 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886070 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834340 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM