Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2015 Porsche Panamera Coupe

SuzyF:
    keithos27:
    reginos:

FF? We are hoping for something good looking from Porsche.

The FF is good looking!

+1 

i love the FF! 

I'm sure it's mother thinks it's beautiful. Smiley

lol

SuzyF:
    keithos27:
    reginos:

The FF is good looking!

+1 

i love the FF! 

9/10 of the beauty is in the Ferrari name. A FF by any other name would be unattractive Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    SuzyF:
    keithos27:
    reginos:

The FF is good looking!

+1 

i love the FF! 

9/10 of the beauty is in the Ferrari name. A FF by any other name would be unattractive Smiley

No... I really like the design itself. And also the whole concept of the car.

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic    [SOLD]
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:
    keithos27:
    reginos:

The FF is good looking!

+1 

i love the FF! 

Actually, the design might be OK for a different brand, like Jaguar for example. In that case it might even be considered striking.

From Ferrari I expect something exquisite and graceful and the FF falls short of that.

However, I like the concept of a usable Ferrari.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:
    keithos27:
    reginos:

The FF is good looking!

+1 

i love the FF! 

Actually, the design might be OK for a different brand, like Jaguar for example. In that case it might even be considered striking.

From Ferrari I expect something exquisite and graceful and the FF falls short of that.

I think that is exactly why I like the design. It's less flashy and more "grown up". It's in some way a bit like the beautiful old 2+2 Ferrari GT cars of the 1960's. 

--

Suzy

SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:
    keithos27:
    reginos:

The FF is good looking!

+1 

i love the FF! 

I think that is exactly why I like the design. It's less flashy and more "grown up". It's in some way a bit like the beautiful old 2+2 Ferrari GT cars of the 1960's. 

I love those cars too. But they were the epitome of sporty elegance with their curvy bodywork and well proportioned lines. They looked dynamic and lithe at the same time.

The designers could have done better with the FF, if this is what they had in mind.

My favourite current Ferrari is the F12. That has really brought the classic front engined heritage to the modern times.

I remember you were considering a FF at some stage. Yes?

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:
    keithos27:
    reginos:

The FF is good looking!

+1 

i love the FF! 

I love those cars too. But they were the epitome of sporty elegance with their curvy bodywork and well proportioned lines. They looked dynamic and lithe at the same time.

The designers could have done better with the FF, if this is what they had in mind.

My favourite current Ferrari is the F12. That has really brought the classic front engined heritage to the modern times.

I remember you were considering a FF at some stage. Yes?

--

"Form follows function"

I have considered an FF indeed and I still do, but more as a daily driver and that ain't gonna happen before my lease on the Audi ends in 18 months. Can't drive two daily drivers at the same time... Smiley

--

Suzy

From what i understand from my Ferrari sources, FF sales are extremely disappointing for Ferrari….

Render from Josh Byrnes.

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

Wonderbar:

From what i understand from my Ferrari sources, FF sales are extremely disappointing for Ferrari….

Last year Ferrari had special leases to try to move some FF... Again they need to redesign the rear. They went too far. My wife called it just plain ugly. For a $350k car Smiley So that's good news for me cause I will keep the 612 longer and save massive $$ ...

I like it a lot, especially the roof line looks very sleek to me. Smiley The front of the 918 doesn't quite fit the back in my opinion.

It appears like it would be more a 960 than a panamera coupe, but obviously it has a front mounted engine.

thanks for sharing. Smiley

The problem lies with the recessed body panels around the rear headlights IMHO...

Milanno:

Render from Josh Byrnes.

--

Interesting but too stylish and I don't see any full sized seats in the back or any sufficient luggage room.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Call me crazy, but I see a TVR in that design....yes   (Not that it is a bad thing, but it might be a little bit too stylish for a Porsche, like Christian said)

--

Suzy

I wanted to hear yout thought guys, and I have similar thoughts about that render. Besides TVR, I see American design school in that car, which is not good sign angry

--

Viper!!

--

Porsche won't achieve usable rear seats if they adopt a 928 update approach IMHO. The rear seats in that car are no better in real terms than a 911. The only way to achieve usable rear space fit for adults is to have proportions similar to a Maserati Gran Turismo and even that car has far from copious luggage space. Any coupe design is going to end up being a compromise with regards to interior space or luggage capacity or both.

ISUK:

Porsche won't achieve usable rear seats if they adopt a 928 update approach IMHO. The rear seats in that car are no better in real terms than a 911. The only way to achieve usable rear space fit for adults is to have proportions similar to a Maserati Gran Turismo and even that car has far from copious luggage space. Any coupe design is going to end up being a compromise with regards to interior space or luggage capacity or both.

So how does BMW do it with the 6 series? Smiley
    Of course a possible Porsche Coupe will be a huge (size) car, not a 911 sized Coupe. Nobody actually expects that.

Yes, the Porsche Coupe will have the size of a 6 series, Gran Turismo, maybe even Mercedes S Coupe. I have no problem with that as long as the performance is OK.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

True RC, but let's be honest... A BMW 6 coupe doesn't have a lot of room in the back either and even a Bentley Continental GT is not that roomy in the rear. These GT coupes are all compromised. If they don't compromise, they'll end up with a hump in the sloping roof line, like the Panamera has and that's not what you want in a sporty GT.

Not that it is a big deal for me... I even fit in the back of a 991  indecision

--

Suzy

The S coupe back room seemed better than the others.

--

"Form follows function"

What would you think of a panamera coupe model with a 12 cylinder engine on the top? It could be a competitor to Aston Martin's, an upcoming S65 coupe and even the F12. 

SuzyF:

True RC, but let's be honest... A BMW 6 coupe doesn't have a lot of room in the back either and even a Bentley Continental GT is not that roomy in the rear. These GT coupes are all compromised. If they don't compromise, they'll end up with a hump in the sloping roof line, like the Panamera has and that's not what you want in a sporty GT.

Not that it is a big deal for me... I even fit in the back of a 991  indecision

The BMW 6 series would be perfect from an interior and boot size point of view. Add 600 hp and AWD and I would be sold. If Porsche makes this car, I would prefer to get it from them of course. Smiley

A 12-cyl. engine would be very interesting but it would make it difficult for Porsche to keep the price down and to meet emissions. Maybe as a top model? Still...I think that such a car would get a turbo charged V8 instead. 

--

With a 12 cylinder top model they could raise the price tag, I think it wouldn't be such a problem because a 12 cylinder is always something special.

such an engine could find use in the 960. Then the 960 would be a proper Aventador rival.

RS 991:

With a 12 cylinder top model they could raise the price tag, I think it wouldn't be such a problem because a 12 cylinder is always something special.

such an engine could find use in the 960. Then the 960 would be a proper Aventador rival.

Porsche would need to be careful with pricing. If a Coupe would cost 100k EUR more than a BMW 6 series at the same performance level, I don't think this would work for them. I also don't think that Porsche could sell a Coupe at 275 or 300k EUR with a high performance V12 (let's say 650 or 700 hp) in it. Maybe at 250k EUR, at max.

--

The development of a 12 cylinder engine would be very expensive too. I expect the next V8 from Porsche to be a state of the art  engine. The drivetrain is together with all the great chassis calibration the heart of every Porsche. That's why I  think that a Panamera with the basic V6 doesn't feel special in terms of performance and feeling.

RC:
    ISUK:

So how does BMW do it with the 6 series? Smiley

The 6 series is not exactly spacious in the rear a someone else pointed out. I was merely suggesting that if anyone expects to see an update of a 928 style design (as seems to be the case) then they had better be prepared to be disappointed by the interior and luggage space as that body shape is compromised in both regards if the proportions remain broadly similar Smiley If Porsche develop an oultine shape similar to a 6 series or GranTurismo etc with a conventional trunk then that will lead to a lot of dissatisfaction as well. for not being a true Porsche.

Who'd want to be a Porsche designer - update a recognised design and you are slated for being boring and unimaginative, come up with a whole new offering and there are howls of outrage at a radical departure from tradition Smiley 

ISUK:

Who'd want to be a Porsche designer - update a recognised design and you are slated for being boring and unimaginative, come up with a whole new offering and there are howls of outrage at a radical departure from tradition Smiley

Too true!   Smiley

--

fritz

I expect, given the platform that they would share, that it would be the same size as a Bentley Continental. The boot and back seats are ample. 

I don't especially like them, but it's a good car to drive and with the used prices it actually makes great sense for me with a wife and kids for a second car. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Seems to me that, if a Panamera coupe is a go, then refining the existing Panamera design will not be so difficult.  The "hump" is the only disagreeable feature of the current Panamera--otherwise the design is quite attractive IMHO.  

And Porsche has always been intelligent about product niches.  The coupe would be such a niche--not a big seller, but a good product niche overall.  

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762590 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435444 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260540 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257597 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80958 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872361 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807727 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM