Crown

Board: Porsche - Carrera GT / 918 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 918 latest news Thread Closed

My GOD how incredibly sexy is the 918... Of course we've all seen pictures and vids for months now, but watching that last vid in full hd literly kept me watching and watching and wanting more of that eye candy... 

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

davew (cincy):

That's a pretty good video.

You're just going through a surreal waiting process for a surreal supercar.  Your thrill level will be off the chart when it finally shows up!

More like the extra wait is giving me time to second guess and fidget some more.

Because of the delay, I am tempted to change my order to a Weissach pack car or change the colour to dark blue metallic, or the liquid metal as the motortrend test car looks really really good.

--

I do think the dark blue is the best colour of the lot. Dark enough to make it look smaller and aggressive like the black does but also gives it a very classic and classy air as well. The car is more '60's Italian sportcar than it is German and the blue really really works (at least in pictures, unlike you I haven't seen it in real life). 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Weissach pack costs more of course, but in the end will command a higher premium in the future.

Whoopsy:

More like the extra wait is giving me time to second guess and fidget some more.

Because of the delay, I am tempted to change my order to a Weissach pack car or change the colour to dark blue metallic, or the liquid metal as the motortrend test car looks really really good.

I vote for you keeping the car black, WS pack could look great since it adds a bit of an aggressive feel but combined with black it keeps the car elegant and you don't lose the overall shape. On lighter colours it just completely changes the flow of the car.  Also would make the car more desirable in the future (If you ever decide to sell it). 

"In for a penny in for a pound"

I have gone Weissach and liquid metal but (please don't scream) will probably keep standard wheels, they just make the car pop!

The magnesium wheels can be ordered separately should i ever need them.

More advice. Dump the black, hides the color of the car. The liquid metal is astounding but whether you get your money back on it is questionable. The Weissach package takes an elegant looking car and makes it look like a pedestrian track car which lost its way and finds itself on a public road.

If you should decide on the Weissach package, it would require you to drive around in a flame retardant suit and gloves wearing a crash helmet.

Haha, well colour change is off the table, was talking to my wife about changing colours and she said she love black the best.

As for Weissach pack, I contacted Stuttgart already, just waiting for them to get back to me whether my order is too far into the pipeline or not. 

--

Whoopsy:

Haha, well colour change is off the table, was talking to my wife about changing colours and she said she love black the best.

As for Weissach pack, I contacted Stuttgart already, just waiting for them to get back to me whether my order is too far into the pipeline or not. 

Score !  Smiley

Well done sir. In my opinion the WS wheels significantly improve the car's appearance. Stock wheels are too fussy and don't fit the racing character...

This combination is unbeatable. Agressive & timeless!

--

My new blog with automotive & motorcycle renders: tessoart.blogspot.com

+1 kiss

Milanno:

I couldn't agree more. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

FXEFFECTS:

I have gone Weissach and liquid metal but (please don't scream) will probably keep standard wheels, they just make the car pop!

FX,

I just noticed your posts for the first time (I'm kind of intermittent and less active here) and just wanted to welcome you.  Is your car still due in June?

Good point about being able to change the wheels later if you like.  I am always surprised at how my take on wheels changes over time, and in person; so I think you are on to something there.

Congratulations on being able to acquire this car.  I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

Whoopsy:

That was the deal break for me.  My wife and I couldn't agree on color...Smiley

Smiley Well done, sir!  Congrats to you both!

Milanno:

The pic the sealed the deal on colour. Also the pic that my wife liked. Also showed her the dark blue metallic from the Paris display, and she still prefer the black.

--

FXEFFECTS:

The standard wheels is quite a bit special looking isn't it? Have you ever consider letting the car comes with the magnesium spyder wheels AND the standard wheels? The Weissach pack includes the spyder wheels and they are quite a bit more expensive than the standard wheels, Porsche is not refunding you the difference anyway. Adding the cost of the standard wheels is not that big a chunk of money considering what we will be paying for the car.

It is what I plan to do if I can change my order, I will let it come with the spyder wheels plus ordering the standard ones in my original platinum satin colour. 

--

I really think Porsche is closely monitoring this thread. Just got confirmation not 5 mins ago that yes I can still change the order, which also means my car is not even close to production mail

Just changed. Weissach pack car it is.

--

Hey, Whoopsy, I sense you are getting your money worth just in specing the car! So are we.kiss

nberry:

Hey, Whoopsy, I sense you are getting your money worth just in specing the car! So are we.kiss

lol. You might be correct. I actually have 8 contacts that I can talk to from Porsche about my order 2 local, 2 other from Porsche Canada, 2 more from PCNA and 2 from Stuttgart. Not that I used them all. That number actually surprises me as they make it easy for me to reach at least one.

Right now my new spec will be the same as the old one, except it will be a Weissach one with everything added back on, I mean everything, even the door handles and door storage pocket and glove box and carpet.

Also asking them to paint the spyder wheels platinum satin, this last one might be pushing it. 

--

Porsche are very flexible with add on's and leave ofd's. In fact they have been very fair with my requests. So speccing Weissach pack with standard wheels is as cost effective as without. 

So they are giving you a price break for subbing standard wheels instead of the spyder wheels?

I know it is a no-cost option to spec standard wheels over the spyder ones, but knowing the spyder ones are more expensive, I am definitely getting those as it will be a lot cheaper later on to order the standard wheels than the spyder wheels. 

--

Yes the price break is the full cost of Mag wheels. So whichever way you go about it the end cost will be the same. 

This is the look with Weissach pack and standard wheels 

Porsche-918-Spyder-Weissach-4596.jpg

FWIW,  permanent raise spoiler/wing doesn't look good/right if the top is off. Conflicting visuals.

FXEFFECTS:

Yes the price break is the full cost of Mag wheels. So whichever way you go about it the end cost will be the same. 

Good to hear you UKers have it good with Porsche :)

--

I am giving the 918 Spyder a final chance and will test drive it again in Leipzig on June 1st! Last time I drove it, the HP was limited and it wasn´t the final prouction version of the car. Will report back.

TurboRalf:

I am giving the 918 Spyder a final chance and will test drive it again in Leipzig on June 1st! Last time I drove it, the HP was limited and it wasn´t the final prouction version of the car. Will report back.

You'll love it. Smiley
    Have fun!!!

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)

918 on the highway

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759500 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433687 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259722 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256855 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80572 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870636 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805624 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM