Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Whats FASTER!!!!!!!!!

Whats Faster The 997 TT or the 996 GT2 whats better and whats better looking

Re: Whats FASTER!!!!!!!!!

I compared them both and i did not believe the result here is the link http://fast-autos.net/compare/?a=1406&b=1138

Quote:
    BI~TURBO said:

Well, the answers to your questions will result in subjective answers. I would argue the following: GT2 what?!

The 996 GT2 is an amazing car. Perhaps the pinnacle of 996 evolution, the GT2 is a rare beast. However, the 997 Turbo respresents Porsche's most modern innovation. The technology packed into the 997 Turbo cannot be found in a GT2. Yes, the power figures are similar. But, that wouldn't make me consider the GT2. I find all this talk concerning the 997 Turbo's power (or lack their of) quite hilarious.

Go 997 Turbo! The poor thing is going to develope a complex even before its released.

damn man is the ferrari 430 faster than gt2?!?!look at this! http://fast-autos.net/compare/?a=557&b=1138 if thats true, im so sad but probably the porsche will be slower than 430!! ;(

Quote:
    xandi911 said:
    damn man is the ferrari 430 faster than gt2?!?!look at this! http://fast-autos.net/compare/?a=557&b=1138 if thats true, im so sad but probably the porsche will be slower than 430!! ;(

Fear not. Von Saurma the great equalizer for Porsche ran the GT2 around the Ring (the holy ground for performance; at least to some of this members) in 7:45 sec. compared to his 7:56 sec in the 430. To my knowledge, Von saurma has NEVER let Porsche down.

How is this comment relevant to the above discussion, which is comparing wrote straight-line performance from the above link?

Oh yes, it is another inflamatory attack against Sports Auto and Horst Van Saurma from Nick. However could I forget?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

Fear not. Von Saurma the great equalizer for Porsche ran the GT2 around the Ring (the holy ground for performance; at least to some of this members) in 7:45 sec. compared to his 7:56 sec in the 430. To my knowledge, Von saurma has NEVER let Porsche down.

I thought people often bought Ferraris to assuage their basic insecurities . So what does someone like Nick do now ? Oh my !

You are all totaly wrong...
    What is Faster the new Ariel, or the new 997tt ?!
    You cant understand only which car is better from the speed!
    The new Mercedes CL65 AMG is really fast...
    IS THIS THE BEST CAR???! The new Ariel is faster than a Carrera GT.
    The new Corvette Z06 is faster than the new 997 GT3.. Which is better?!

And something more.. Dont blame people who buy Ferraris...
    I used to have more than 5 Porsche cars. (and all from the top line, NOT caymans and Boxsters) and I am so Bored with Porsche.. And something more.. please stop compairing all the 997s (except turbo) with F430.. (Different price range..) Different everything.

I bet that all of you INCLUDING RC if you were able to choose a car ONLY WITH YOUT HEART, you wouldnt choose Porsche in recent years anymore...

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    xandi911 said:

The GT2 time was 7:46 not 7:45. Also it was the time of the GT2 Mk1. Mk2 would probably have a significantly lower number.

The F430 is really that slow. But it is nice looking and exclusive

Quote:
    BI~TURBO said:

You cant compare Aples with Oranges...
    GT2 is a car for drivers with NO children.. (Not everyday car though)
    997tt is a car for Family mem with children.... (The best Everyday car)

From my point of view.. I really like the 996 GT2... This car is a beast... Especially the Clubsport version..

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    You are all totaly wrong...
    What is Faster the new Ariel, or the new 997tt ?!
    You cant understand only which car is better from the speed!
    The new Mercedes CL65 AMG is really fast...
    IS THIS THE BEST CAR???! The new Ariel is faster than a Carrera GT.
    The new Corvette Z06 is faster than the new 997 GT3.. Which is better?!

And something more.. Dont blame people who buy Ferraris...
    I used to have more than 5 Porsche cars. (and all from the top line, NOT caymans and Boxsters) and I am so Bored with Porsche.. And something more.. please stop compairing all the 997s (except turbo) with F430.. (Different price range..) Different everything.

I bet that all of you INCLUDING RC if you were able to choose a car ONLY WITH YOUT HEART, you wouldnt choose Porsche in recent years anymore...

I'd never choose a Ferrari over a Turbo. No need to get an inferior car to treat my inferiority complex (now how does that sound? ).

Also, Nick, the GT2 Mk1, as MKSGR has already stated, did 7:46 around the Ring. The Mk2 did 7:44. And the F430 didn't do 7:56, that was the 996 Turbo. The Ferrari did it in 7:55. Gotta give credit where credit is due. The Ferrari is faster than a six-year-old car with 70 less horsepower .

the official figures for both cars talk for themselves check the factory claims of the 997tt and the 430 , add to them the numbers we have at the nring , you will get the faster car.. easy, no?

i will never a buy a ferrari but for my is important straight ahead speed.. and speaking about this.. whos faster?? 0 - 100 mph of 430 or porsche997tt? 1/4 mile??

Quote:
    Hurst said:
    How is this comment relevant to the above discussion, which is comparing wrote straight-line performance from the above link?

Oh yes, it is another inflamatory attack against Sports Auto and Horst Van Saurma from Nick. However could I forget?

Hurst on this site it is very relevant. Straight line performance is not considered a test of performance. Thus we are regaled with the Ring times which run for almost 8 min. We are asked to ignore that during that run, driver ability, road considitions, weather, car setup and on and on will have a dramatic affect on the final time. Nevertheless, according to this board, so long as Saurma is driving all is right in the world of sport cat test.

Thus, I was informing a panicked Porschephile that all is not lost. VON SAURMA is Porsche's savior!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Nevertheless, according to this board, so long as Saurma is driving all is right in the world of sport cat test.

Since when has von Saurma been chasing felines around the 'Ring?

Oh, OK, you mean Jaguar!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

Hurst on this site it is very relevant. Straight line performance is not considered a test of performance. Thus we are regaled with the Ring times which run for almost 8 min. We are asked to ignore that during that run, driver ability, road considitions, weather, car setup and on and on will have a dramatic affect on the final time. Nevertheless, according to this board, so long as Saurma is driving all is right in the world of sport cat test.

Thus, I was informing a panicked Porschephile that all is not lost. VON SAURMA is Porsche's savior!

You know, you have a point regarding road conditions. We still stand behind our statements regarding Porsche's performance superiority though. There are just too many occasions where cars are driven on the Ring to dismiss them all due to road/weather conditions.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:

Who dares argue with the mighty Nberry. He is a rhetor to be feared!

Quote:
    Crash said:

I'd never choose a Ferrari over a Turbo. No need to get an inferior car to treat my inferiority complex (now how does that sound? ).

---------------

Dont tell me then you wouldnt buy not even a MURCI...
    Or a 2wd Gallardo with 550hp... ?! WITH E-GEAR and not Automatic?!?!

And something more with the same way of thinking you wouldnt buy ever a Carrera GT... Or you wouldnt marry a very beatiful woman because you dont want to to treat Your inferiority complex as well...
    Sorry i dont agree with you...

we all consider the ring times as informative, as its an indication of the overall performance of the car. the ring time expresses the cars ability in terms of speed, handling, traction etc. the faster the car the better it is integrated. thats why an sl65 has miserable time around the ring. its simply a power monster but certainly not a sports car. poor handling..

for the results to be accurate however, the cars must be tested under same conditions.

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

---------------

Dont tell me then you wouldnt buy not even a MURCI...
    Or a 2wd Gallardo with 550hp... ?! WITH E-GEAR and not Automatic?!?!

And something more with the same way of thinking you wouldnt buy ever a Carrera GT... Or you wouldnt marry a very beatiful woman because you dont want to to treat Your inferiority complex as well...
    Sorry i dont agree with you...

I'd probably get the Murci 640 over the 997TT, but certainly not the standard one. A 2WD Gallardo I wouldn't get, actually, I wouldn't get a Gallardo over the 997TT at all (unless it did sub-11 seconds to 200 km/h). The beautiful woman I already have, so no need to trade up, unless I find her too Ferrari-like, as in high-maintenance .

Seriously, while I do care about perception and quality of the car, I also care a lot about the performance and usability and a car with superior performance, durability AND rear seats is the right car for me. Why some people don't understand that some of us just don't have the DESIRE or NEED to flaunt around our money is beyond me.

Crash your right; driving Porsche particularly in S. Cailf is like drivng a Ford. Ho-hum.

BTW is that what you really think about Ferrari owners?

dont worry xandi 911, that web site is bull [censored]!..f430 has no chance against ,"the widow maker" gt2..

ok , ok now im better but gt2 against 997tt ?? what do you think?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Crash your right; driving Porsche particularly in S. Cailf is like drivng a Ford. Ho-hum.

BTW is that what you really think about Ferrari owners?

No, Nick, I don't feel that way towards F owners at all. Just using them as an example. I'm saying that when I buy a car, I don't buy it for status, but for performance and personal enjoyment. Doesn't matter whether it's a Yugo or an Enzo. There are some people here obsessed with status and perception, although this can be said for both sides, P and F. Statements such as "girls like Ferrari more" or "Porsches are a dime and a dozen", don't really say much for the enthusiast side of the speaker. When buying a car, buy it for yourself, for your own enjoyment, not to impress others. That's all. And yes, I've met my share of dicks driving Porsches, but the majority were always nice, down-to-earth guys.

I had the same ideas with you till the 997tt came out!

I will never forgive porsche that made the flagship of their cars a simple car with no soul that everyone can drive not as fast as porsche could,in order to sell turbo S AND AUTOMATIC.
    Is this a sport car?! Porsche unfortunately, made their cars with the target to make ONLY more sales...
    Cant you see the truth?!
    Cant you see that Porsche cars are not sport cars anymore?!
    in five years it will became a fast Mercedes or a fast BMW..
    You blame Ferrari but Ferrari didnt produce any cheap car in order to make profits... NEITHER LAMBORGHINI. they didnt produce 4 doors car nor Jeeps... and you should know how to drive in order to drive a Ferrari..
    Unfortunately the last Sport car was Carrera GT and maybe the new GT3 RS.
    now if you want for yourself to drive an automatic very fast car you can also see the new Mercedes CL 65 AMG..

I had Porsche as the best car brand before 5 years...
    When they produced Boxsters I thought a little bit and I said that it is ok they are going to invest on GT2 or turbo more money as they will have more profits in order to make the perfect car... Now i saw the new 997tt i learnt that they wont make a GT2 and i get crazy.
    The good thing is that I finally understood that all this is a marketing game with main target only Profits and i am waiting for lamborghinis revenge...

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    You blame Ferrari but Ferrari didnt produce any cheap car in order to make profits... NEITHER LAMBORGHINI. they didnt produce 4 doors car nor Jeeps

Need I remind you that Lamborghini was actually the first sports car manufacturer to sell an (obviously 4-door) SUV?

Quote:
    The Groom said:

Need I remind you that Lamborghini was actually the first sports car manufacturer to sell an (obviously 4-door) SUV?

ok some of you still dont admit or dont want to see the the truth!

Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:

ok some of you still dont admit or dont want to see the the truth!

Hey, I get what you mean. I dislike Porsche's sales strategy just as much as you, in fact I despise what those suits are doing. However, if we fovus on only a single model and forget about the Boxsters and Cayennes, the 997TT is obviously a wonderful car, with supreme handling capabilities (as witnessed on that video) and breakneck speed. I decided to wait for the powerkit/TTS, since I can't afford to flip such a car every year and I save myself a lot of anger that way. To each his own, I guess. If you want a Ferrari, buy a Ferrari. If you want a Lambo, buy a Lambo. Just don't question other people's motives for buying their cars or trying to prove to them that they only bought their car because they couldn't get the "real deal" from Modena (this goes for both sides).

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Quote:
    Aisxos said:
    You blame Ferrari but Ferrari didnt produce any cheap car in order to make profits... NEITHER LAMBORGHINI. they didnt produce 4 doors car nor Jeeps

come on ,now we are talking BS, in 42 years of existence they produced 350 lm002 only.
    ferrari produced also motorcycles ,how about we compare it to suzuki???

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Quote:
    Aisxos said:

come on ,now we are talking BS, in 42 years of existence they produced 350 lm002 only.
    ferrari produced also motorcycles ,how about we compare it to suzuki???

Yes, and didn't Porsche design a locomotive train in the early 1900's?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690446 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409726 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255966 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235261 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65643 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858379 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774654 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM