Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

I'm sorry. I must have not taken my meds today. I still cant take away anything from your post other than that Porsche does not give two hoots about GTE regulations. My apologies for being so obtuse.

Spyderidol:

I'm sorry. I must have not taken my meds today. I still cant take away anything from your post other than that Porsche does not give two hoots about GTE regulations. My apologies for being so obtuse.

Wrong meds? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    Spyderidol:

Maybe because they have the cars for both regulations . GT2 if future rule is Turbo, GT3 if NA  Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Something different: Cayenne facelift is apparently due this summer (not end of the year as some rumors indicated).

Front won't be changed much but the rear is rumored to get a major overhaul (yes, Macan-ish). Earlier, there were rumors that Porsche does the Panamera facelift treatment but apparently they have decided to give the Cayenne rear a fresher look due to the in-house competition from the Macan.

So if you want to get a new Cayenne...wait. If you want to buy a used one, maybe you should wait also. Used prices for the current Cayenne may drop.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Spyderidol:

Reading between the lines it could say the GT3 has reliability issues that need to be completely resolved before the RS is introduced. Though traditionally the RS showed up 6 months after the GT3, so if it does not show at Geneva that would be an unsurprising surprise...

I was actually referring to the GTE regulations but now I really have to shut up. 

--

The Cayenne will be used for GT homologation.

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

RC:

I was actually referring to the GTE regulations but now I really have to shut up. 

Post under a different username Smiley  vwkombi ? Smiley

BiTurbo:
    RC:

Post under a different username Smiley  vwkombi ? Smiley

Smiley

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells

Just help me out here...I didn't get the joke. yes

--

Post under a different username, so you don't have to worry what you say or what info you give away...  No one will relate a username "vwkombi" to you ;)   ....get it? 

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basalt black metallic
    2014 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTDI Quattro | Moonshine blue metallic

SuzyF:

Post under a different username, so you don't have to worry what you say or what info you give away...  No one will relate a username "vwkombi" to you ;)   ....get it? 

Aahhh... Smiley

Here's the problem: I never know who else has this "information" and since certain information is sometimes clearly for my ears/eyes only (even marked so), I could unveil the source. A fake name wouldn't change much since the source would certainly suspect where it came from. Sometimes, I give more away than I should but I cannot always post details. This would be unfair to the source (and just plain stupid from my part because the source would dry out).

--

Guys

Two days ago i sent an email at Porsche,and more precisely to a person that work for Porsche,asking some info on the 991 GT3RS.

Well,i think my email will be erased in a second,and noone cares to answer me.

I was sure of this...BUT

today THAT person answer my email,yes,and i can't believe it.

He was really kindly,and his answer make my day!Incredible,really incredible,this thing make a Porsche fan like me love more again this brand.cool

He can't tell too much,but he let me understand that the info i/we have got are right on times etc.

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Super Darius:

He can't tell too much,but he let me understand that the info i/we have got are right on times etc.

So shown at Paris and december delivery ? 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Super Darius:

So shown at Paris and december delivery ? 

Which year? 

--

Previous

Press release in june 2014,delivery of first cars sept/oct 2014broken heart

--

That leaves us to the next question: What will they instead present in Geneva? The 981 GTS? indecision It looks too ready to wait for Beijing.

--

Previous

Super Darius:

Many thanks for the details Darius! Roll on June... :)

Super Darius:

Thanks ….. but delivery in sept/oct ruins this year anyway as the RS is not suited for driving during our winter . To me , then, I as well take it in spring 15 ….. ( unless it would be around 1st of sept )

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Erik, Dario and rest of potential 991 GT3 RS buyers,

I asked my P source about few things regarding 991 GT3 RS and info that we got here on rennteam is right on the mark.

BUT... He also told me something little bit disturbing-car will be pretty much most extreme RS so far.

Few remarks from his email:

"If you plan to use it as daily driver forget about it. Car is very extreme and not designed at all for daily usage. It is ultimate weekend toy for deserted windy road or fast laps around the Ring. Dry tarmac is essential for new RS since tires are even more extreme in design then the ones on GT3."

"Normal GT3 is way better choice for normal usage, although even it is not the best choice for daily driver job."

"Price wise new RS will be around €40K more on domestic German market and car will be pretty basic in standard equipment. There will be very limited exterior colors choice, same about wheels."

Kreso... This sounds like a dream come true for some of us :)

Did you ask him if it would throw 2 ft of flame on over run?

I mean seriously let's get to the really important questions....specifications 

KresoF1:

I asked my P source about few things regarding 991 GT3 RS and info that we got here on rennteam is right on the mark.

BUT... He also told me something little bit disturbing-car will be pretty much most extreme RS so far.

"If you plan to use it as daily driver forget about it. Car is very extreme and not designed at all for daily usage. It is ultimate weekend toy for deserted windy road or fast laps around the Ring. Dry tarmac is essential for new RS since tires are even more extreme in design then the ones on GT3."

"Normal GT3 is way better choice for normal usage, although even it is not the best choice for daily driver job."

"Price wise new RS will be around €40K more on domestic German market and car will be pretty basic in standard equipment. There will be very limited exterior colors choice, same about wheels."

Thanks for sharing this info, Kreso. Smiley Sounds like the new RS is going to be a real beast !

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

I think separating the two GT3 version further (GT3 more daily usable than before and GT3RS more radical)  is a good move from Porsche kiss

The GT3RS may not be for everyone but its going to give a lot of attention and publicity to Porsche on the media and car community, not to mention the delight of the lucky ones to get one.

--

Carlos from Spain:

I think separating the two GT3 version further (GT3 more daily usable than before and GT3RS more radical)  is a good move from Porsche kiss

The GT3RS may not be for everyone but its going to give a lot of attention and publicity to Porsche on the media and car community, not to mention the delight of the lucky ones to get one.

Agreed. The new GT3 seem to have a much wider owner group than the previous models. The new RS will then be the top of the line niche Smiley

--

Previous

KresoF1:

Thanks Dimitri,i'm not searching a daily driver,i'm searching something special...And i think is finally the right time.

--

Dario,
    You replaced me with dhayek(who is fine I hope since he didn't post on rennteam for a long period of time).
    Kreso

KresoF1:

Remarks like these make me continue to wonder whether a true sequential gearbox might be included (not PDK)?

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

KresoF1:
    Dario,
    You replaced me with dhayek(who is fine I hope since he didn't post on rennteam for a long period of time).
    Kreso

Smiley  Nope,i think i only forgot your right name...sorry

--

Carlos from Spain:

--

Indeed. They had to do it, especially since the GT3 received a somewhat (undeserved) lukewarm welcome in some publications and especially on the internet. Not sure if this is the best move from Porsche because the GT3 RS had always also a street driving fan base, people who just wanted the sportiest Porsche available but this time, some people may have an unpleasant surprise (if you have perfect streets and you still have your original set of teeth, you shouldn't worry though Smiley). On the other hand, many GT3 RS fans will be very happy because they can finally separate themselves much more than in the past from the "ordinary" GT3 crowd. Yes, even there, there seems to be a hierarchy. Smiley Of course there will be an outcry about the price tag but I actually think that this will help the GT3 RS, not hurt it.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752845 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430507 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258483 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255413 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868102 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801674 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM