Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Terracotta interior / Seats and stuff - help!

I am now confused and need some help.

My interior and seat spec would ideally be for:

- Full leather interior - Terracotta
    - Sport Seats (not adaptive)

Dealer has informed me that Sport seats are not supplied in Terracotta. If I want sport seats it has to be the Adaptive Sport seat option. Standard seats and standard power seats are also apparently available in Terracotta.

I'm just surprised why the normal sport seats are not available in Terrac... is the dealer correct?

Your comments on the above plus your opinions on standard/sport/adaptive seats much appreciated.

Although my order is in with the dealer I've been driving my dealer around the bend with all my questions... I cringe when I have to call for more info. So its to the forum for help I'm afraid. My thanks to all.

FYI the rest of the spec for my C4S is:

2007 C4S Coupe
    Meteor grey
    *Terracotta sport seats- with full leather
    Special Leather Terracotta - MB
    standard rocker panels painted-XAJ
    rear wiper-425
    sport chrono plus-640
    sport exhaust-XLF
    sport shifter-XCZ
    19" carrera sport wheel-XRR
    wheel caps with color crest-446
    TPMS-482
    heated seats-342
    multi-function wheel-431
    extended nav. system-672
    bose-680
    telephone module - 666
    mats

All I want to do is finalise my spec and leave my dealer alone!... before he throws me out! HELP!

Re: Terracotta interior / Seats and stuff - help!

Seat thing seems odd but you never know w/ Porsche. It sounds like a really nice spec. though you could easily get colored wheel caps and mats thrown in for free. Save a little $$. Also, I'm not that impressed with the reception of 666... my regular cell phone has much better reception.

Delivered in TN or UK?

I'ma afraid your dealer is full of it. I think he's trying to get you to spend more so he gets a larger commission.

The only other explanation is that there might be a shortage of regular sports seats for some reason, but it is definitely not related to the terracotta option. Especially since the leather parts in both kinds of sports seats are identical.

By the way, I strongly advise adding the following leather options:
    Rear console in leather - XMZ
    Door finishers in leather - XTV
    Sunvisors in leather - XMP

Despite its name of "full" leather, the full leather package does not include those 3 parts. In a bright-colored interior such as terracotta, you will definitely see the difference between leather and plastic parts, and wish you had ordered those options. I do think it is worth the extra 2k.

Great spec otherwise!

Someone else mentioned the reception issue with 666. Hmmm...

Delivery in TN.

Go om the Porsche car config. and you should be able to find out if you can have that color without adaptives.

Groom, thanks for your input and advice. I'll have a chat with the dealer and see what his explanation is.

Re XMZ, XTV, XMP I just had not considered it... thought full leather meant just that! Thanks for pointing that out. I guess the options list keep on growing ;-)

The dealer is not correct.

What code is the dealer using for the Sport Seat option?

If he is choosing P77 (Leather Sport Seats) then your leather choices are limited to Black, Stone Grey, Sand Beige, Sea Blue and Palm Green. Also your price will be US$760.

If he is choosing P78 (Sport Seats with Full Leather) then your leather color pallette includes the Terracotta leather. The price, US$400.

This is consistent with the pricing adjustment for the adaptives, which are US$3,055 with standard leather and US$2,695 with a premium leather order.

It is amazing, but a few months back there were many with complaints that dealers insisted you could not order Terracotta leather on the adaptives. Insist your dealer enter the P78 option, or have him contact PCNA for instruction. One rationalization I have heard is that the dealer's order system has various menus, where if the dealer is not aware he can miss a whole list of options tagged as Exclusive or Tequipment, etc.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Go om the Porsche car config. and you should be able to find out if you can have that color without adaptives.

Rhino I did that but the configurator sometimes allows me to add standard sports seats + terracotta and if I try some other time it does'nt. Strange! Hence my confusion.

Quote:
    sato said:
    The dealer is not correct.

What code is the dealer using for the Sport Seat option?

If he is choosing P78 (Sport Seats with Full Leather) then your leather color pallette includes the Terracotta leather. The price, US$400.

This is consistent with the pricing adjustment for the adaptives, which are US$3,055 with standard leather and US$2,695 with a premium leather order.

It is amazing, but a few months back there were many with complaints that dealers insisted you could not order Terracotta leather on the adaptives. Insist your dealer enter the P78 option, or have him contact PCNA for instruction. One rationalization I have heard is that the dealer's order system has various menus, where if the dealer is not aware he can miss a whole list of options tagged as Exclusive or Tequipment, etc.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Sato, forstly thankyou for your detailed explanation. It is a huge help.

The dealer has entered sport seats- P78 with full leather ($400). His comments are based on that option.

I am going to insist he gets his information verified by PCNA because i really would prefer the sprots seats rather than the adaptives as I have sat in them and find them just right for me.

Thanks again.

Your dealer is BS.
    My car has full terracota leather with non-adaptive sport seats. The sport seats are the best decision I've made in the option list, very secure hugging with minimal motors combined with quick fore and aft action release. Lesser electronics such as memory seat settings. Most of all, Lighter weight as well.

Just to clarify the various interior options:

Standard: leather wheel, partial leather seats (sides and back are leatherette. Rear seats also leatherette), leatherette dashboard. 4 standard colors available.

Supple leather seats / Leather seats / Sport seats in leather: Adds full leather seats (front and rear).

Full leather interior: Adds leather dashboard, door panels, and the storage compartment between seats. Adds 2 natural leather colors (dark grey and brown), 2 special colors (terracotta and cocoa), 3 bi-color interiors (grey, terracotta, sand, the top of the dashboard and doors being black).

The following parts are NOT included in the full leather interior because they depend on the interior trim (leather, wood, carbon, silver-painted, exterior-color-painted trims):
    Door finishers
    Cup holders
    Air vents
    Rear console

The following parts are NOT included because Porsche is too cheap :
    Sun visors
    Light surround
    Roof liner
    Steering wheel column

Quote:
    Haku said:
    Someone else mentioned the reception issue with 666. Hmmm...

Delivery in TN.

All other features of 666 are fine... If you travel through areas that your cell phone gets a partial signal then car will probably have no service. That's what I've encountered so I'd keep my cell and voice mail but have new # for car forwarded to hand held.

Quote:
    Avantgarde said:
    Your dealer is BS.
    My car has full terracota leather with non-adaptive sport seats. The sport seats are the best decision I've made in the option list, very secure hugging with minimal motors combined with quick fore and aft action release. Lesser electronics such as memory seat settings. Most of all, Lighter weight as well.

The sports seats for me are ideal. I've sat in them and its rare that a seat just feels right... these do and thats why I don't want adaptives or anything else. I'm going to pretty much be the only driver of the car and memory functions and other bits and pieces of the adaptives don;t make much sense to me.

I've emailed my dealer and lets see what he has to say.

Your information much appreciated.

Quote:
    Haku said:
    The sports seats for me are ideal. I've sat in them and its rare that a seat just feel right... these do and thats why I don't want adaptives or anything else.

Forgot to mention that this is the cheapest seat option saving us dollars that we can invest in other performance goodies. Just right for us solo drivers with an active and sporty lifestyle.
    These seats probably seat lower that the motorized fore/aft versions...I am not sure but it feels really low though ...which is good

Like everyone else had mentioned, this is pure BS. I have my car (Basalt Black) with Sports Seat (Not adaptive) in Terracotta with pictures to prove it

I dunno about the terra cotta color. In the not too distant future it may look dated. You know, some car colors don't look very inspiring when you look back 5 or ten years. At least make sure you see it in person before you order it.

You should consider the supple leather option as well. For a few hundred bucks you get much softer and nicer leather.

I'm not a fan of supple leather. It might look nicer when the car is brand new, but after a couple of years, it makes the car look older than it actually is.
    Especially with sport seats and especially with terracotta (I assume it'll be the same as with the previous Boxster red)

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    I'm not a fan of supple leather. It might look nicer when the car is brand new, but after a couple of years, it makes the car look older than it actually is.

red)

Yeah mee too. I finally saw "old" Natural leather and the look of it didn't seem perfect for our sharp, race-y, fast, sleek cars. Looked very nice, but seems more fitting in a luxurious full-size "classically inspired" sedan like a BMW, Bentley or Jaguar.

Hooray ! The dealer confirmed that they made a mistake and that after checking with PCNA my option IS actually available - P78, regular sport seat with full leather Terracota interior [MB].

My thanks to all who have responded to this thread and provided me with the information I needed to get back to the dealer with.

My spec has been confirmed as:

2007 C4S Coupe
    Meteor grey
    Terracotta sport seats with full leather - P78 (non-adaptive)
    rear wiper-425
    sport chrono plus-640
    sport exhaust-XLF
    sport shifter-XCZ
    TPMS-482
    heated seats-342
    multi-function wheel-431
    extended nav. system-672
    bose-680
    telephone module - 666
    mats

I am considering adding:

Am also considering deleting the Rear Wiper.

My thanks once again to all.

Congratulations! Your baby will be a real beauty!
    Now begins the worst part... the never-ending wait.

Quote:
    Haku said:
    Hooray ! The dealer confirmed that they made a mistake and that after checking with PCNA my option IS actually available - P78, regular sport seat with full leather Terracota interior [MB].

My thanks to all who have responded to this thread and provided me with the information I needed to get back to the dealer with.

My spec has been confirmed as:

2007 C4S Coupe
    Meteor grey
    Terracotta sport seats with full leather - P78 (non-adaptive)
    rear wiper-425
    sport chrono plus-640
    sport exhaust-XLF
    sport shifter-XCZ
    TPMS-482
    heated seats-342
    multi-function wheel-431
    extended nav. system-672
    bose-680
    telephone module - 666
    mats

I am considering adding:

Am also considering deleting the Rear Wiper.

My thanks once again to all.

Delete the rear wiper. The rear looks better w/o it. Add XMZ XTV. I'd leave the sunvisors black b/c the alcantara is black.

Sounds like a great car!

Beauty!

Quote:
    MattTheCarNut said:
    I'd leave the sunvisors black b/c the alcantara is black.

Standard sunvisors are still nasty. But I looked into it and found a solution!

Get CVV: Exclusive Bicolor Leather Sunvisors. Spec it with the back side in black and the mirror side in terracotta.
    This way, they'll be nice terracotta when deployed, and the black side will blend in well with the black roof liner when not in use.

Problem solved.
    Oh, and they only cost $ 100 more than the regular leather sunvisors.

Damn! Wish I had found that option when I specc'd my car. May have to be an add-on.

Congrats Haku - Hope you can stand the waiting part !

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Yeah mee too. I finally saw "old" Natural leather and the look of it didn't seem perfect for our sharp, race-y, fast, sleek cars. Looked very nice, but seems more fitting in a luxurious full-size "classically inspired" sedan like a BMW, Bentley or Jaguar.

MMD, you're talking about the US $4800/ natural leather interior option there? Reason I ask is because I was considering the natural grey, but haven't seen it after a couple years use.. I understand the supple leather theory, but why would the natural leather age differently than the standard leather?

Haku - I am new here, but have been on "another" Porsche Forum for a while. I suggest one more option. Get the center arm rest (storeage bin) with either the Porsche Crest (Option code CPT) or the Model Logo (Option Code CUV). Either option is $290. The attached link from Rennlist has a couple of links which show pics of each.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showpost.php?p=2917348&postcount=10

Your deal knows nothing... I saw myself trecc. on sport seats...ok. since you are ordering now.. please make sure that you fit well in the sport seats.. i.e go and set in one and stay for 10-15 min., some wide sholdered.. wide body builts felt not comfi. in those ..
    coz .. if not and you still wish for the sport you need to consider the adaptive option.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691078 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410189 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256238 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858840 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775134 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM