Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Walked into dealer for a chat, walked out with new C4S

I sold my 09 C2S Cab last year intending to replace it w/ a 991 GT3, but for many reasons I decided it was not the right car for my needs. In any case, I had been Porsche-less and was uncertain about what to go with next.  Visited the dealer this weekend and found this racing yellow C4S on the showroom floor.  It's a lot more "over the top" than I am in the habit of ordering, but the lease was extremely attractive and there is always the rush of instant gratification! My wife encouraged me to break out of my comfort zone, and my wife is always right! Smiley There are so many excellent postings on the 991 variants here on Rennteam there is little for me to add.  I think the steering is weighted well, certainly not numb by any means, perhaps less tactile than the 997. The car is remarkably neutral in the curves (SPASM), and goes where you point it. The new AWD system is remarkably agile in its responsiveness, the car generally in RWD mode. The engine with PSE is really a delight and much more entertaining than my 997 PSE, particularly on downshift/deceleration.  Survival through adaptation to a changing environment is the definition of evolution, and the 991 version of the 911 clearly demonstrates.

image.jpg

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

Re: Walked into dealer for a chat, walked out with new C4S

wow, congrats Dave! kiss

--

Fantastic looking 991! kiss Love it. Great choice. Congrats! wink

--

2014 981 Boxster S | Riviera Blue | PDK | Sport Suspension (-20mm) | PCCB | PTV | PSE
    2010 997.2 C2S | Carrara White | Manual | S-PASM (-20mm) | PSE | OZ Superforgiata
    2010 Audi S5 cabrio | Ibis White

Previous
    2008 997.1 C4S | Guards Red | Manual | PSE | Bilstein PSS10 | H&R Roll Bars | Dension 500
    2007 997.1 Turbo | Meteor Gray | Manual | Bilstein PSS10 | Cargraphic Stage 2 | Dension 500
    2005 987.1 Boxster S | Arctic Silver | Manual | OZ Ultraleggera | H&R Cup Suspension | H&R Roll Bars | Sachs Racing Clutch | Recaro Shells
    2005 997.1 C2S | Atlas Gray | Manual | PSE | Sport Suspension (-20mm)

wow,yellow/black looks stunning!

great combo,congrats for the choice!

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Looks stunning kiss Great combo , sporty, different  with all good options . The C4S is a great package now that you can not feel it anymore !

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Congrats, very nice!

--

1987 911 Carrera 3.2 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2012 Cayenne Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S - 1995 BMW318ti

Beautiful, post some photos of the interior

--

911 Club Coupe, 993 4S Riviera Blau, 12' Audi S4 Avant

more pics kiss (ducktail looks sooooo good ! )

nice one kiss

DaveC:

I sold my 09 C2S Cab last year intending to replace it w/ a 991 GT3, but for many reasons I decided it was not the right car for my needs. In any case, I had been Porsche-less and was uncertain about what to go with next.  Visited the dealer this weekend and found this racing yellow C4S on the showroom floor.  It's a lot more "over the top" than I am in the habit of ordering, but the lease was extremely attractive and there is always the rush of instant gratification! My wife encouraged me to break out of my comfort zone, and my wife is always right! Smiley There are so many excellent postings on the 991 variants here on Rennteam there is little for me to add.  I think the steering is weighted well, certainly not numb by any means, perhaps less tactile than the 997. The car is remarkably neutral in the curves (SPASM), and goes where you point it. The new AWD system is remarkably agile in its responsiveness, the car generally in RWD mode. The engine with PSE is really a delight and much more entertaining than my 997 PSE, particularly on downshift/deceleration.  Survival through adaptation to a changing environment is the definition of evolution, and the 991 version of the 911 clearly demonstrates.

image.jpg

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

Congratulations, beautiful car. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Congratulations, also for picking colour kiss

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Gauss:

You cannot go for boring colors in Florida. Smiley Smiley You need something more flashy.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive reactions.  Rennteam is the only Porsche forum I post on,  and I respect the opinons here a lot.  You are so right RC!! My wife told me we are surrounded by bright green and orange Lamborghinis and red Ferraris so a yellow Porsche will fit right in.   

--

DaveC:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive reactions.  Rennteam is the only Porsche forum I post on,  and I respect the opinons here a lot.  You are so right RC!! My wife told me we are surrounded by bright green and orange Lamborghinis and red Ferraris so a yellow Porsche will fit right in.   

Smiley This is why I love Florida.

--

RC:
    Gauss:

You cannot go for boring colors in Florida. Smiley Smiley You need something more flashy.

Hehe, true. Smiley I have yet to visit Florida and see how colourful it is.

--

Porsche 911 GT3 - Guards Red 997 MKII Clubsport

Many congratulations - a great choice... PLUS no waiting!  kiss

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

the pic looks more speed yellow than racing yellow

Very nice!!! Congrats! kiss

i wish i was capable of deciding that fast.... yes

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
    2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic

SuzyF:

Very nice!!! Congrats! kiss

i wish i was capable of deciding that fast.... yes

I usually do the same (deciding fast) because a certain itch starts when I see a certain car and...wham...it is done.

Luckily I resisted this urge when I saw a F12 at a dealer and took it for a test-drive. The dealer wanted to "get rid" and he even offered to put red plates on it if I take it (suggesting that I can take it home, I just have to sign the contract). I think I already told the story here in the forum, I was there with a friend who knows the owner of the dealership very well and apparently this was a customer car which wasn't picked up (paid) in time and the dealer needed the money fast. It was so tempting but my senses came back fast after the test-drive: I imagined my wife telling me with a furious face that she wants a divorce, so the temptation for the F12 was over pretty fast. Smiley Smiley

Saw a flashy green (no clue how this color is called but it looked amazing and I hate green colors) on a Lamborghini Gallardo Spider in Miami, it looked really jaw dropping. My daughter loved a Bentley Continental GT Cabriolet in some sort of pastel baby blue color, very nice but not really for the man who was sitting in it (maybe it was his wife's car Smiley).

--

I love spontaneous, unexpected deals!

WOW - gorgeous color, car looks amazing. Enjoy it! 

Congrats on the car. I'm sure you will love it. wink

It was certainly unexpected and spontaneous. Very different from ordering a car and going over every options and detail, and then waiting months in anticipation. I saw the car in the showroom, I sat in the car, walked around the car, drove the car, and then there I was signing papers!!   It's an experience that's hard to articulate. In a sense it has been somewhat liberating since I didn't pour over every detail, I leased the car which is more akin to dating than marriage, and its immediately in my possession. 

--

DaveC:

It was certainly unexpected and spontaneous. Very different from ordering a car and going over every options and detail, and then waiting months in anticipation. I saw the car in the showroom, I sat in the car, walked around the car, drove the car, and then there I was signing papers!!   It's an experience that's hard to articulate. In a sense it has been somewhat liberating since I didn't pour over every detail, I leased the car which is more akin to dating than marriage, and its immediately in my possession. 

--

Actually, I love this kind of experience much more than ordering the car and having to wait for it.  Smiley Unfortunately dealer cars often lack some mandatory options but in your case, you see to have been lucky.

--

Congratulation, great car!!!! Smiley

--

turbolite

Love yellow with black wheels. More pic's please smiley

--

Very nice congrats!!! Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Walked last Sunday into my local Mercedes dealership, almost got out with a G63 AMG (dealer car, attractive price tag). My wife was luckily with me, she put some sense into me. We need a larger SUV aprox. twice a year, when we go skiing for a longer period of time (5-7 days). It didn't make sense to get rid of the Cayenne and now get a G63. Her X3 really sucks but like she said, for twice a year, it should do just fine.

The temptation was high because I always loved the G class and the G63 is really a classic, something you can drive even in 10 years without the feel of it being old. I would have bought it but it really didn't make sense. Also my wife hates how it looks, she would have never driven it. The sales person turned on the engine...wow...what a sound. Smiley

As you can see, the itch is always with me...like a dark force luring under the skin, waiting to be unleashed. angry

From now on, I will never set a foot into a car dealership (other than Porsche) without my wife. indecision Too risky. yes indecision

--

I've always loved the G myself. My wife has nipped many an automotive bud before it could bloom.  She still got her way this time, since the C4S was far preferable to her than a GT3!!  A 97 year old patient once told me the secret to a happy life was just two words: "Yes, dear".

--

Just thought I'd post a picture of the voluptuous C4S rear now that the tips have been ceramic coated and the chrome badging removed.  The PORSCHE lettering is the flat black from the GT3.  Wife's 08 Boxster LE is off the the side.  photo (4).JPG

--

Thats a beauty, Dave..Love the flat black lettering.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

GT3 pick up?, when P find a fix..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690401 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409703 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255934 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235187 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65639 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858362 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774618 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM