Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Final Count Down - over

Picked the car up on Friday morning, it's taken two days to get over the driving\ cleaning\ admiring bug I seemed to pick up at the dealers.

Thought I'd share a few thoughts on the car, options etc.
    Caveat : This is my first Porsche , always wanted one since I was a kid, so forgive me for the rose colour specs being firmly stuck on.

Car looks awesome, really chuffed with the colour, GT Silver, I think it's worth the extra cost without a doubt. Even in the showroom I had people come over to comment on how good it looked. Drives like a dream. I ended up with Bridgestone tyres, which, judging from a few post on here tend to understeer more. I'll let you know if and when I have any issues! I'm trying to keep the revs down, but the sound at 5000+ is quite intoxicating!

A few initial impressions on some of the options (haven't used them all yet).

Adaptive sport seats
    Really impressed with how they hold you in - so much so it can be an effort getting out! The memory function is a must have as my wife also will use the car, especially good as it differentiates between the key used.

Multi function wheel
    The most important function is the ability to mute the radio/cd quickly when you turn PCM on. I'm sure after getting used to it, it will be a good thing to have. No problem with how it feels, i.e. diameter/ thickness.

Telephone module
    After a bit of messing about with the set up with my provider seems to work well. I'm pleased it switches on automatically when a call is received, even if PCM is off. I'm not sure the ability to send a text will ever be used, especially given how long inputting a messing takes (come on Porsche surely there is an easier way!). QUESTION : caller can only be heard on the left speaker (it's a right hand drive car) is this right?

Auto Wiper / Rear Wiper
    Unfortunately it's rained a lot since I picked the car up, but at least I can say the auto wiper works well (I haven't had cause to use the auto dimming mirrors, yet). I didn't go for a rear wiper as it ruins the look of the car from the back . After the rain the past two days I don't think it's needed anyway, the rear screen clears perfectly well on its own.

Bose
    Sound's good, after a bit of fiddling to set tone, balance/fade options.

Sport Chrono
    Saving grace is the addition PCM options you get. Start/ stop procedure of the timer is not really that handy.

Things to think about.

Full leather is good (quality, look), but the standard centre console looks a bit plasticy. If I spec'd it again I'd think about the extended leather trim or maybe painted in exterior colour.

Disappointingly I had to pop back to the dealer on the first day because a speaker rattled badly. A simple fix: it wasn't pushed into place properly was all it needed. I suppose you can't find every little fault in only 9 miles (what it had on the clock when I picked it up). On the up side they've been good in general and gave me a set up mats for free (or is that normal anyway!)

That's it for now, apart for a few dodgy pics. I'm trying to take some better ones.

Mark

Re: Final Count Down - over

Pic 2

Pic 3

Very nice! Congrats!

I just love GT Silver. I had the same thoughts about the centre console, but I've seen the console in the same colour as the paintwork and it doesn't look that good IMO, not to change from the standard anyway. The leather console was just one of those options I had to remove to keep the price down.

How long were you at the dealer collecting the car and have /are you getting a clear bra installed? Did you get 2 keys and the plastic wallet key as well?

Once again, it look mint and congratulations.

Congratulations- The car looks great and i really like the 3rd picture.

It must feel good to have the wait over. I can finally sympathize with everyone out there that's waiting for their new car. While not a Porsche (that will come eventually) i just purchased a 2001 GTI which i get in a week.

Enjoy your car, drive it lots and keep the shinny side up.

Congrats... GT Silver IS Awesome. Would have been my choice for a coupe too. Enjoy the car!

Only one problem... need to rotate front-right center wheel cap about +four (4) degrees.

Congrats and Great Pictures and Great Info. Had I known that you could MUTE the radio with the MF wheel, I would have gotten that option - just for that!

Enjoy your rides! - Harold

congrats - great looking car

Congrats...enjoy in good health

Congrats, your car is very nice!

Regarding the phone, my car is a LHD and the phone sound comes from the right speaker. Yours is right.

Thanks all!

ResB, All keys present and correct. I was at the dealer for about 2 hours going through everything.
    He said that was about normal, apart from days where registrations numbers change and they have too many cars to get out the door.

He also made the point that if somebody is spending a large amount of money on a car, then part of the experience is being able to relax and not feel rushed by the dealer.

Another intesresting point : Dealers get spot checks by Porsche to make sure they are maintaining the grade. My dealer was penalised for having a daisy poking up on the lawn outside and then on another occasion for having leaves blowing near the entrance (it was October!)

Welcome to the first of many future P-car ownership

Congrats!! Looks really great in GT Silver. Your feelings take me back to my first Porsche.

Hope the weather in Blighty starts to clear up so it stays that way

I have a rattle from my NS front speaker so I'll have to get it fixed like yours (Bose)

Your car's super shine reminds me to spend a couple of days on mine making it showroom clean again.

Now the fun starts! Great pics and thanks for the info. The very best with your new machine

Quote:
    MBW_UK said:
    Thanks all!

ResB, All keys present and correct. I was at the dealer for about 2 hours going through everything.
    He said that was about normal, apart from days where registrations numbers change and they have too many cars to get out the door.

He also made the point that if somebody is spending a large amount of money on a car, then part of the experience is being able to relax and not feel rushed by the dealer.

Another intesresting point : Dealers get spot checks by Porsche to make sure they are maintaining the grade. My dealer was penalised for having a daisy poking up on the lawn outside and then on another occasion for having leaves blowing near the entrance (it was October!)

Must be hard being a Porsche dealer! I really like the 2nd shot of the car looking down on it. Different angle for a change. God I wish mine was here. Well clocks went forward last night, that means no excuse not to clean it now when you get home from work. 7:30pm and still light... Ah bliss...

Congratulations!!!

congrats = hope this rain stops soon... but hope it rains more too so we can all keep washing our cars without a hose ban..
    Prashan

-------------
    Bose
    Sound's good, after a bit of fiddling to set tone, balance/fade options
    -------------

By the way, what was the setting on your audio once you finally finished fiddling with the different options. I just picked up my car on friday also and I can't seem to get the perfect sound right. On top of that Bose Surrounds sounds a bit awkward to me.

By the way, your car looks awesome with GT Silver paint!

Enjoy your sexy beast!

Wangt
    I think I ended up with a fade of -8 to rear, balance 0, bass -2, treble +2.

Depending on what you listen to the bass can be over powering. I haven't really listened to it enough. Enjoying the sound of the engine too much, plus it's nice to hear what's going on as you get used to the car. Means you can better concetrate on what's happening.

I love, love, love, love the lack of a sunroof. It looks great!

Enjoy! Matt

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690053 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409496 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255866 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235096 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65600 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858242 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774390 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM