Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Huracan LP610-4 configurator

The spoilers on the back suggest something a bit more special than the standard model no? yes

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2012 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab. Range Rover V8 on order June14 - GT3 or Huracan to add next......decisions decisions decisions.....

EnglishManInNY:

The spoilers on the back suggest something a bit more special than the standard model no? yes

Agree.  Could this actually a prototype of the spider variant?

Finally the Huracan is starting to be reviewed

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/lamborghini/huracan/first-drives/lamborghini-huracan-first-drive-review

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive & 2012 x5 & 2014 991 TTS Cab. Range Rover V8 on order June14 - GT3 or Huracan to add next......decisions decisions decisions.....

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29890

Piston heads review

Great car if you have enemies

--

"Form follows function"

ffforever:

Piston heads review

Steering sounds horrible.  VW group has some pretty bad examples of this Smiley

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Grant:
    ffforever:

Piston heads review

Steering sounds horrible.  VW group has some pretty bad examples of this Smiley

If the writer of the article is the same person behind the wheel in video, I'd put a very large discount on anything.  That driver was struggling even at relatively slow speeds to control the car and there was really no semblance to usable racing line anywhere in that video.  

Volkswagen Group steering systems are no different, and in fact, share the same systems as some other marques that are praised by the adoring press for steering feel, namely BMW.  

CGX car nut:

Volkswagen Group steering systems are no different, and in fact, share the same systems as some other marques that are praised by the adoring press for steering feel, namely BMW.  

Not sure where you've been reading good reports of BMW steering lately.  I find it dreadful and most reviewers do too.

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

The Huracan has electromechanical power steering like the new Porsches, which for people who like things the traditional way is not the best.

Furthermore, they offer a Lamborghini Dynamic Steering option with selectable variable ratio from comfort to corsa. Judging from the videos for a given steering wheel angle the movement of the wheels changes according to the selected mode. In theory this is very good because someone cannot drive with the ultra direct steering suitable for the track, in the rain. Or a different mode is suitable for parking the car than driving on the highway.

I wouldn't have chosen this option personally. I presume that the car tested by pistonheads had it, whereas the one driven by Autocar didn't. It seems that Autocar liked the steering.

--

"Form follows function"

Lamborghini is putting out some of the gayest promo videos I've ever seen for a car. Absolutely terrible.

Gayest 

You mean this is their target market? I think I'll remove the Huracan from my wish list smiley

--

"Form follows function"

Another first for Lamborghini is the hybrid rolling chassis, made of carbon and aluminium. What material goes where depends on whether the points require strength and rigidity or just lightness. It is supposed to be as good as a carbon tub but without the huge costs of producing and repairing. Moreover, they use various methods of attaching the two materials together,  from bonding to riveting again depending on the exact location.

This is an Audi technology that will find its way in the next R8 and I presume the 960, if it happens finally.

--

"Form follows function"

Grant:
    CGX car nut:

Not sure where you've been reading good reports of BMW steering lately.  I find it dreadful and most reviewers do too.

U.S. press or otherwise?  Most of the British press remains infatuated with BMW's steering feel.

noone1:

Lamborghini is putting out some of the gayest promo videos I've ever seen for a car. Absolutely terrible.

Concur.  Have no ides with Lamborghini feels the need to showcase its newest car with a lame attempt to emulate the BMW Drive series from a few years ago.

I am a big fan of the Huracan - But I find these videos a little childish.....maybe they are meant to focus on the next generation of buyers! We all were once many years ago..

--

CGX car nut:
    Grant:
    CGX car nut:

U.S. press or otherwise?  Most of the British press remains infatuated with BMW's steering feel.

I know Chris Harris is no fan.  I have read mostly negative comments here and in Europe about BMW's electric steering with extra hatred directed at the optional Dynamic steering or whetever they call it.  I am hopeful that the new M3/M4 is a big improvement (it is claimed to be better than Porsche's electric system) - much different approach than they have been using til now.  BMW's EPS has been so bad, that they refused to use it on any \\\M product until this year.

--

Journalist don´t seem impressed with the Huracan ! I am a bit surprised, was hopping they would come blown away with the new bull. It worth what is worth! Let´s waite for Chris H. test drive.

--

J.Seven

I am sure the Huracan will sell double the number of Gallardos (some 15.000 in 10 years, if I remember well).

Who cares what journalists have to say! 

If I had the budget I would drive the car and decide. I am sure Lamborghini would be too happy to oblige with a test drive, so why would I need to read someone else's opinions.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

If I had the budget I would drive the car and decide. 

Always good advice.  That being said, a well written review from a reviewer with whom you share basically the same taste and priorities can be genuinely useful as well as entertaining.

--

reginos:

I am sure the Huracan will sell double the number of Gallardos (some 15.000 in 10 years, if I remember well).

Who cares what journalists have to say! 

If I had the budget I would drive the car and decide. I am sure Lamborghini would be too happy to oblige with a test drive, so why would I need to read someone else's opinions.

I am not concern about journalist opinions, it's just an indication, if I was worried about this guys opinions I would never have bought a Quattroporte Smiley

And yes, Huracan is my by far my choice between exotic cars competition.

--

J.Seven

Crazy stuff!

--

J.Seven

997.2 Cab 2S. Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS, BMW X6 4.0D, BMW X5 4.4i V8

Fat idiots with no brains at all. I hope some officials see this and take care of these wankers who think they can rule on a public (!) road. mail

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Please do not assume that the Lamborghini and Audi drivers are the idiots.

The one in the Subaru is the idiot.  Listen very carefully to the video where early on he admits to having tracked the Lamborghini for over 45 minutes.  The video then continues and continues and continues.  The Florida license plates on the Lamborghini and the Audi are not manufacturer plates so they do not belong to Audi and Lamborghini; the drivers are not test drivers.  The Lamborghini driver is actively being stalked by the Subaru driver, and he has taken passive avoidance maneuvers to avoid continued confrontation, including exiting the highway and slowing down.  It is only with the continued aggressive behavior of the Subaru driver that the Audi driver takes a more active role.  Also note that the video is carefully edited at the end in an attempt to make the Audi and Lamborghini drivers appear the aggressors at the exit.  That confrontation is not shown in its full detail.

I have had similar situations over the years where other drivers will drive aggressively in an attempt to get one to street race them.  I do not race on the streets nor do I like to have other drivers tailgate or attempt to cut me off either to incite a race or video my car. I too will either slow down to give the malcontent the signal that I think their behavior is asininely stupid and I definitely to do NOT want them following me to my home..

yes v bad behavior and not a good representation  for Lambo.....

--

CGX car nut:

The one in the Subaru is the idiot.  Listen very carefully to the video where early on he admits to having tracked the Lamborghini for over 45 minutes.  The video then continues and continues and continues.  The Florida license plates on the Lamborghini and the Audi are not manufacturer plates so they do not belong to Audi and Lamborghini; the drivers are not test drivers.  The Lamborghini driver is actively being stalked by the Subaru driver, and he has taken passive avoidance maneuvers to avoid continued confrontation, including exiting the highway and slowing down.  It is only with the continued aggressive behavior of the Subaru driver that the Audi driver takes a more active role.  Also note that the video is carefully edited at the end in an attempt to make the Audi and Lamborghini drivers appear the aggressors at the exit.  That confrontation is not shown in its full detail.

I have had similar situations over the years where other drivers will drive aggressively in an attempt to get one to street race them.  I do not race on the streets nor do I like to have other drivers tailgate or attempt to cut me off either to incite a race or video my car. I too will either slow down to give the malcontent the signal that I think their behavior is asininely stupid and I definitely to do NOT want them following me to my home..

From this video and I emphasise what we can see in this video I can't see an aggressive behaviour of the Subaru driver. The driving takes place on an American highway, this is not a German Autobahn where you can drive as fast as you want. So what are they doing? They are cruising with what, 65 miles per hour? I'm quicker on a German country road! Sorry, but at this speed the fat and dumb Lamborghini driver can do nothing against a Subaru driver following him. Same goes for the fat and dumb Audi A8 driver whose manoeuvres are just immature and stupid.

Of course we don't know what has happened during the whole drive, but judging from this video what they were doing could not be further off from street racing. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    CGX car nut:

From this video and I emphasise what we can see in this video I can't see an aggressive behaviour of the Subaru driver. The driving takes place on an American highway, this is not a German Autobahn where you can drive as fast as you want. So what are they doing? They are cruising with what, 65 miles per hour? I'm quicker on a German country road! Sorry, but at this speed the fat and dumb Lamborghini driver can do nothing against a Subaru driver following him. Same goes for the fat and dumb Audi A8 driver whose manoeuvres are just immature and stupid.

Of course we don't know what has happened during the whole drive, but judging from this video what they were doing could not be further off from street racing. Smiley

--

I continue to disagree with your assessment of a heavily edited video posting.  The driver of the Subaru has stalked that Lamborghini for over forty-five minutes, according to the driver.  Cajoling to get someone to street race and street racing are two totally different subjects.  Some actions on the part of the Subaru driver have antagonized the Lamborghini driver and the A8.

It is readily apparent that the driver of the Lamborghini does not want that Subaru driver around him and, of course, we do not have the privilege of seeing what initially caused consternation for the driver of the Lamborghini, he did slow to below the speed limit, as you yourself have noted in your reply.  

Put yourself in the shoes of the Lamborghini driver, especially if he is only a transfer driver, responsible for the very expensive automobile.  How would you like to responsible for a car that probably costs more than four times your annual salary and have some a$$clown pulling stunts around you.  After nearly an hour of this crap you would be very angry too when the Subaru driver continues to follow you as you try to exit the Interstate.  

There is less than 10% of the time the Subaru driver, who incidentally made a u-turn on an Interstate highway, which is illegal, admits to having stalked that Lamborghini shown and it is very much open to interpretation who was at fault.  However, having dealt with individuals such as that Subaru driver, one knows how much of a jerk some drivers can be around more expensive automobiles.  

Well, this is the comment of Jason Thorgalsen, the driver of the Subaru, referring to the incident:

There were some pretty interesting series of events today which all started from me seeing a picture of the Lamborghini Huracan on facebook this morning!

This test mule has been spotted all over the Gulf Coast of Florida since the beginning of 2014 and after months of hearing about the car I finally saw it driving on the highway with my camera in hand. The driver didn't seem to mind people driving along the side of him taking cell phone pictures but he obviously had an issue seeing the camera I was using to take pictures and video of the car.

After driving along for awhile an Audi A8 showed up and immediately cut me off. After trying to block me from making any lane change I got around the Audi to continue on my way. As I approached the exit with the 2 cars behind me I was amazed the Audi forced his way on my right hand side and blocked my car from getting off the highway as the Lamborghini pulled in behind me. I have seen plenty of prototypes driving on the road well before production so I was shocked the driver of the Lamborghini was exiting the vehicle on the side of the highway and approaching my car. He immediately started yelling at me trying to intimidate me which I couldn't be bothered by but when he reached inside of my car and shoved my camera he escalated the situation which I decided it was time to call the police before he continued any further. Like the coward he is he promptly got back in the Lamborghini when he realized I was calling 911 and took off while the Audi sat there for a few minutes blocking my car from exiting the highway.

I hope Volkswagen Audi Group sees this video and shows who they have representing their brand. What a shame!!

--

Rossi:

Well, this is the comment of Jason Thorgalsen, the driver of the Subaru, referring to the incident:

There were some pretty interesting series of events today which all started from me seeing a picture of the Lamborghini Huracan on facebook this morning!

This test mule has been spotted all over the Gulf Coast of Florida since the beginning of 2014 and after months of hearing about the car I finally saw it driving on the highway with my camera in hand. The driver didn't seem to mind people driving along the side of him taking cell phone pictures but he obviously had an issue seeing the camera I was using to take pictures and video of the car.

After driving along for awhile an Audi A8 showed up and immediately cut me off. After trying to block me from making any lane change I got around the Audi to continue on my way. As I approached the exit with the 2 cars behind me I was amazed the Audi forced his way on my right hand side and blocked my car from getting off the highway as the Lamborghini pulled in behind me. I have seen plenty of prototypes driving on the road well before production so I was shocked the driver of the Lamborghini was exiting the vehicle on the side of the highway and approaching my car. He immediately started yelling at me trying to intimidate me which I couldn't be bothered by but when he reached inside of my car and shoved my camera he escalated the situation which I decided it was time to call the police before he continued any further. Like the coward he is he promptly got back in the Lamborghini when he realized I was calling 911 and took off while the Audi sat there for a few minutes blocking my car from exiting the highway.

I hope Volkswagen Audi Group sees this video and shows who they have representing their brand. What a shame!!

--

Classic CYA.  

The Lamborghini driver reacted poorly. He should have just called the police and would have been right to do so.

If you follow someone for 45 minutes on a highway, that's normal in the US because the US is so big. If you follow someone for 45 minutes on a highway, getting off and on with them, turning where they turn, and doing everything you can to stay on them, that is what I would consider very concerning no matter what car I was driving.

You don't know what their intentions are. I've thought I was being followed before, and while it may have just been to check out the car, there was no way in hell I'm leading someone to my home and I made sure to lose them. If you've ever lived in the US, you know to be aware of your surroundings and what people are doing.

People who aren't from the US often try to portray it as the wild west and dangerous with guns everywhere. While that isn't true, it certainly isn't as safe as a lot of other places. Very bad neighborhoods aren't that far from good ones. I grew up in a nice middle class suburb, yet I was robbed at gun point while working at the corner pizza place when I was a teenager.

This was probably some regular looking guy with a nice camera recording, and I'd have been less concerned than if it was someone without a camera, but I'd have done everything I could to lose someone like that, and if I couldn't shake them, I'd certainly have called the police.

And don't give me the "It's a Lamborghini and it's in public" argument. That's bullshit and wouldn't hold up in court. If I'm carrying a suit case full of money on a public street and you are walking 3 ft behind me for 45 minutes, following my every move and recording me even when I make obvious attempts to evade you, you are stalking and harassing. The police will stop and/or arrest you if they are called.

Being in public doesn't give you the right to harass someone. You'll lose in court too, I guarantee it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to drive while operating a camera or cell phone. The Lamborghini driver could have just smashed into the guy and them blamed it on him. That would have been hilarious and taught the dickhead spotter a lesson.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762568 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435434 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260535 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257596 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80958 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872351 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807715 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM