Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Gallardo replacement soon to be revealed

artur777:
    RC:
    ffforever:

Impressive if it proves faster than the 12C.

From 0-200 kph and even to 300 kph, I'm afraid not. The Huracan with 610 hp is rumored to be the base model. More powerful (and even lighter) models are planned though.

Rumored 0-300 kph performance is "under 30 seconds" as far as I heard. This doesn't mean much though, this can be 29.9 or 20 seconds. Smiley I rather think that the new Huracan is pretty close to 991 Turbo S performance because this would leave performance increases for the more powerful (or lighter) models.

Dear Christian,

How could Hurakan be on par with TTS if it is more expensive?

Because it's a Lamborghini, of course. No other reason it's more expensive. The R8 will be $50-100K less and be the same car.

Instrument cluster graphics seems to came out from a PS2 game, don´t like it, Lambo never been successful on this area, Gallardo was also a joke in this regard as it is the Avetador.

Check the 4WD sign!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe the rumor stating this car will allowed to swicth from 2WD to 4WD is more & more credible.Smiley

J.Seven

Don't like the graphics too, looks like NFS3 from end 90's)))) + bad panel (glow on the left corner...made in china...)

--

sportcars-history.com

noone1:

The performance of this, the 12C, and the Turbo S are nearly identical in 99% of situation.  Most of these cars won't do anything other than move from parking spot to parking spot in downtown Monaco or drive more than 90mph. I can't even remember the last time I was passed by an exotic driving higher than 80 mph. The pizza delivery guys drive faster since they don't get pulled over with their pizza delivery signs on their roof.

Any idea where I could order a couple of these pizza delivery signs? Smiley

KresoF1:

Interesting interior, except for the controllers in the center console. They look too much like Audi A4 parts.

I suppose we shouldn't complain, as Audi parts are a step up from the flimsy Fiat parts on Ferraris and Lambos of the 70's and 80's. Still, I wish they spent the extra Euros for some Lambo specific control knobs.

Hexagonal control knobs anyone?

Yeah, the more I look, the more I find the juxtaposition of the bespoke, over-the-top starter button and those Audi knobs with their chrome trim rings silly and amateurish.

Does someone have an official price tag yet in Europe? I heard something of "under 200k EUR" for the Huracan, which would put it at the same price tag as the 991 Turbo S or even lower. yes Or did I miss the price tag in an earlier post?

Also heard a rumor that the top version of the R8 will have 600 hp (not 610 like the Lamborghini) and the base price is close to 180k EUR. Which would make it also cheaper than the Turbo S. Weird.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

Does someone have an official price tag yet in Europe? I heard something of "under 200k EUR" for the Huracan, which would put it at the same price tag as the 991 Turbo S or even lower. yes Or did I miss the price tag in an earlier post?

Also heard a rumor that the top version of the R8 will have 600 hp (not 610 like the Lamborghini) and the base price is close to 180k EUR. Which would make it also cheaper than the Turbo S. Weird.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

There 's officIal pricetag yet as far as I know, but Somewhere on a German website (can't remember which websiteSmiley) I read that starting prices in Germany are estimated somewhere around 180k EUR. Smiley

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
    2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic

I'm not sure if 0-200 and 0-300kph times are a German thing as 1/4 mile times are more of a North American tradition?

IMO, time-to-distance is much more indicative - 1/4 mile or standing kilometer. Why? Because a car can be faster 0-200 and still be behind one which is slower! Just look at 1/4 mile or 1 km figures and you will notice that some cars have higher trap speeds but slower elapsed times.

In addition, why bother with 0-300kph and NOT look at top speeds??? 

I always focus more on trap speeds because they are the best indicator of a car's hp and potential. A bad driver or less grippy pavement WILL affect times but the most powerful car will almost always have the higher trap speed.

And finally, I would like to see more 100-250kph times or  a rolling km from 100kph. I don't know too many owners of exotics that would be doing standing start races - just too harmful to the drivetrain/tires.

Getting back on topic - I really think Lambo did a nice job here. Looking forward to seeing one in person - can see one in my garage.....

Cheers 

J.Seven:

Instrument cluster graphics seems to came out from a PS2 game, don´t like it, Lambo never been successful on this area, Gallardo was also a joke in this regard as it is the Avetador.

Check the 4WD sign!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe the rumor stating this car will allowed to swicth from 2WD to 4WD is more & more credible.Smiley

J.Seven

I doubt it. Notice how indicators, suspension, EPC, and CEL are all on. Most likely this is just a 4WD malfunction/warning light .

RC:

--

I think all versions of 991 (with possible exception of GT3) are over-priced for their segment.  I think it doesn't do any favors for the brand or its customers (looks bad to have cars discounted at the dealer and lower resale value for used models (on percentage basis), after the initial demand is satisfied).

Does it look like just V10 power for the R8 or V8 entry model still available (maybe with turbos)?

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

when will we see next R8 in reality?

artur777:

when will we see next R8 in reality?

Earliest rumor I read was Geneva in March.

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550

Time to update the title of this thread!

I suggested this a couple of times: Porsche should give the 991 Turbo S 30-40 hp more for free just for the fun of it. Like McLaren did with the 12C. I don't say it is possible through a simple software update but it would be wonderful. If the Huracan costs 180k (as Suzy mentioned) and the R8 with 600 hp is in the same price range, the Turbo S suddenly becomes a pretty expensive product, not that it isn't already expensive. 

I also agree: Porsche prices have reached a very high level lately. Yes, customers pay these prices but the competition is getting stronger and stronger at the same time, so this could be tricky. Maybe Porsche should start to be a little bit more ahead of the competition than they are now, so customers feel good (so to speak) about spending that much money for a Porsche.

--

The R8 isn't really that cheap anymore. V10/Plus comes in $170-185K. i have to believe there will be a modest price increase for the new one as well, so the new R8 will probably be around $180K in decent spec.

That's a far cry from the $114K starting price they advertise for the V8. It's highly likely the V8 disappears with the next one and just has a V10.

Everything I can find outside this forum indicates V-8 option retained with a price around $120k.  Will be interesting to see what they do.

--

Grant:

Everything I can find outside this forum indicates V-8 option retained with a price around $120k.  Will be interesting to see what they do.

--

Audi can always introduce the Sport Quattro as an intermediate model, price wise, between the TT and the R8 to help cushion the gap as the R8 moves more upward in price.  I doubt that the new Lamborghini will be priced below $225,000 in the U.S. given that most of the Gallardos in the dealerships are north of $240,000.  

CGX car nut:
    Grant:

--

I doubt that the new Lamborghini will be priced below $225,000 in the U.S. given that most of the Gallardos in the dealerships are north of $240,000.  

Will be interesting if the cheapest Huracan is twice the price of the cheapest R8, given that they're very similar under the skin.

--

The R8 and Huracan prices will be very interesting indeed. I doubt that the Huracan will be much much more expensive than the R8 with the same engine. In Germany, most customers will choose the R8 anyway...I guess.

--

RC:

The R8 and Huracan prices will be very interesting indeed. I doubt that the Huracan will be much much more expensive than the R8 with the same engine. In Germany, most customers will choose the R8 anyway...I guess.

Will we see R8 next year already? the competition will be very tough indeed for TTS.....

lamborghini-huracan-lp610-16-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-04-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-25-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-14-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-02-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-26-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-12-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-01-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-23-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-11-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-24-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-10-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-21-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-09-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-22-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-08-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-17-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-06-1.jpglamborghini-huracan-lp610-18-1.jpg

From that dash pic, looks like they lowered the redline to below 8,000 rpm (or maybe does the photo hide a light red area til 8.5k?).  The Gallardo redlined at 8,500 and R8-10 redlined at 8,700...

--

J.Seven:

Well yesterday while seeing the Huracan video I mention the rear wheels spinning a lot and the fronts just rolling, and stated it would be wonderful to a have an On/off RWD/AWD swicth, now there´s seems to be a rumor on Lambopower  this function may exist!!! If true it would be amazing.

J.Seven

It has been known for some time that pulling up the 911 Turbo (997) handbrake one click would disable the 4WD and send power only to the rear wheels (with NO damage to the emergency brake!).  Of course the new Turbo has NO handbrake so I don't know if there is another procedure now (there may be!).

I like this new Lambo - can't wait to see the R8!

I like the new Lamborghini more than other similar cars, but it has lost the design simplicity of the Gallardo, which I was fan of.

It looks like a mini-Aventador now.

I saw a Gallardo today, a grey one with the rear carbon wing and I was reminded how right that shape is.

--

"Form follows function"

Grant:

From that dash pic, looks like they lowered the redline to below 8,000 rpm (or maybe does the photo hide a light red area til 8.5k?).  The Gallardo redlined at 8,500 and R8-10 redlined at 8,700...

--

It may be the oil hasn't warmed up, which prevents the driver from revving past 8,000rpm ? that's how it works on the Aventador

BiTurbo:
    Grant:

--

It may be the oil hasn't warmed up, which prevents the driver from revving past 8,000rpm ? that's how it works on the Aventador

Agree with the comment on the movable redline, dependent on the operating temperature of the engine oil.  There's still a number of unanswered features on the car, and details are probably being held until closer to Genf Auto Salon.  I note that the cowling above the IP has a window very similar to the heads up displays found on the Audi A6/A7/A8 trio.  Also the TFT IP display should have different screens dependent upon the mode the car is operating in, much like the updatable display found in the Aventador.  I'm a bit surprised by the weight increase, consider the second generation platform is said to have numerous lighter weight materials including carbon fiber components.  So, once again, some of the details have yet to be divulged by Lamborghini.  

I should learn more about this car, hopefully prior to Genf, during the early introductions held early next year at a local dealership.

CGX car nut:

I'm a bit surprised by the weight increase, consider the second generation platform is said to have numerous lighter weight materials including carbon fiber components.  So, once again, some of the details have yet to be divulged by Lamborghini.  

I wonder if the weight increase is due in part to the standard dual-clutch gearbox.  I bet it weighs more than the old standard 6M...

--

Grant:
    CGX car nut:

I'm a bit surprised by the weight increase, consider the second generation platform is said to have numerous lighter weight materials including carbon fiber components.  So, once again, some of the details have yet to be divulged by Lamborghini.  

I wonder if the weight increase is due in part to the standard dual-clutch gearbox.  I bet it weighs more than the old standard 6M...

That's always a possibility; however, if the new platform lost 100 kilograms, for example, there still would be a weight reduction when compared with the Gallardo.  One possibility is that the new platform is designed to handle much higher horsepower and torque sums than the Gallardo would ever need to withstand.  

noone1:

The R8 isn't really that cheap anymore. V10/Plus comes in $170-185K. i have to believe there will be a modest price increase for the new one as well, so the new R8 will probably be around $180K in decent spec.

That's a far cry from the $114K starting price they advertise for the V8. It's highly likely the V8 disappears with the next one and just has a V10.

a 200k R8 or Huracan looks like a 300k exotic to the masses, vs a 200k Turbo S which looks like a 100k car, of which there are zillions now, sporty or otherwise, and which one is bought may also depend on ones identity as an extrovert or introvert

driving feel , rarity, depreciation, internet bench- racing benchmarks are a whole ' nother thing

away from the track, a well driven invisible  grey Prius hybrid  will probably get you from point A  to point B on a winding traffic and police - infested road faster than a revvy sport exhaust equipped red sports car , but why bother ?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782206 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442932 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263526 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261975 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86035 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6040 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881720 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819945 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM