Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991 Turbo and Turbo S

2016 Porsche 911 Turbo facelift testing...

A few days ago, we brought you the first images of the possible GTS version for the new-generation Porsche 911 . That didn’t come as a surprise, as we’re expecting Porsche to offer more versions of its new 911 lineup.

The biggest surprise arrived in out inbox today, when our spy photographers sent us the first images of a Porsche 911 Turbo sporting what looks to be a facelift. That’s right, we are talking about the same car unveiled three months ago at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show . We know that this is a pretty quick facelift, even for Porsche, but our suspicion is that this model is still at least a year or two out, and Porsche just wants ample time to work out all of the bugs.

The biggest changes that this facelift will bring will be on the front and rear bumpers, and the taillights, which will likely get the same 3D look that we saw on the recently revealed Macan.

We don’t expect to see any changes under the hood, so the revised 911 Turbo should be offered with the same turbocharged 3.8-liter six-cylinder that delivers 520 horsepower in the base version and 560 horsepower in the S version.

Do not expect to see the revised Porsche 911 Turbo until late in 2015.

On the prototype caught testing today Porsche tried to hide only the front and the rear bumpers, meaning that only these parts will be updated. But we also expect the taillights to get the same 3D look as on the recently revealed Macan.

As usual, do not expect anything big coming from Porsche, just an evolution that will keep the car nice and fresh.

Smiley SmileySmiley

SportCarGroup:

Bramd new Turbo S for sale:

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/porsche-911-turbo-s-hamburg/188175605.html?utm_source=mitula.de&utm_medium=FCPX&utm...

I see several new and almost new, well optioned 991 TT(S) and even GT3 for sale here in Switzerland at autoscout24.ch and some at least 7-10% below listprice Smiley

http://www.autoscout24.ch/de/autos/porsche--911-porsche--911?allmakes=1&make=62,62,0&model=450,450,0&nav=8&typen...

--

Suzy

2013 Porsche Boxster S (MT) | Basaltblack metallic
    2012 Audi SQ5 TDI | Lavagrey metallic

In Moscow there are at least 5 new 991 TS for sale and at least one GT3. The issue though is that the next 991 TS quota is for September 2014 production. So I am sure all will be sold. 

SportCarGroup:

Bramd new Turbo S for sale:

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/porsche-911-turbo-s-hamburg/188175605.html?utm_source=mitula.de&utm_medium=FCPX&utm...

This is a so called "EU Import" (we call it Grauimport). This is not a German car and even if German Porsche dealers are obliged to service and honor warranty on this car, things usually look a little bit different in reality.

Also, I wonder why finding one or two or even five 991 Turbo S for sale in Germany (80 Mio. people) is such a "sensation"?

Official sales start was Oct. 5th, so of course there are some cars available on the market. Smiley

In Germany, the 991 Turbo S seems to sell better than the GT3, so go figure... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

This is a so called "EU Import" (we call it Grauimport). This is not a German car and even if German Porsche dealers are obliged to service and honor warranty on this car, things usually look a little bit different in reality.

What exactly distinguishes it as an "EU Import" as opposed to being a "German car"? (Feature-wise, that is.)

apias:
    RC:

What exactly distinguishes it as an "EU Import" as opposed to being a "German car"? (Feature-wise, that is.)

The features aren't necessarily a problem. The problems start after you buy a "grey import" over here: Dealers treat you different (much worse, you could wait weeks for an appointment) and you shouldn't be surprised if Porsche would deny any goodwill repair after the warranty is over. Officially, this will never happen. In real life however... Smiley Also, grey import cars are difficult to sell and you may have issues getting a used car warranty for it (if the next buyer is interested).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:
    apias:
    RC:

The features aren't necessarily a problem. The problems start after you buy a "grey import" over here: Dealers treat you different (much worse, you could wait weeks for an appointment) and you shouldn't be surprised if Porsche would deny any goodwill repair after the warranty is over. Officially, this will never happen. In real life however... Smiley Also, grey import cars are difficult to sell and you may have issues getting a used car warranty for it (if the next buyer is interested).

Interesting. I assume these are cars dealers didn't have customers for but ordered it anyway so as not to lose future allocations, then shipped them to dealers willing to take them? Seems a little harsh for the perhaps unwitting customer, or are these issues so well known that the customer ought to understand what they are buying into?

i'd think it would be easy to identify the dealers involved and sanction them instead of the customer who may have bought the car in good faith. I'm assuming though that this upsets the dealers in Germany because the company selling this is not an official dealer, so taking money out of their pockets? And Porsche just wants to discourage this traffic?

I think the reason for "grey import" cars are markets which cannot really easily sell a car like the 991 Turbo S right now, like Greece, maybe Italy or even Spain. The local dealers there need to order certain models in order not to loose certain allocations, as you said but they may not be able to find local buyers, so...

I would never buy a new or slightly new expensive Porsche, like the 991 Turbo S, from a non-official dealership over here. Too many (real life) risks involved.

--

Porsche 991 Turbo S driven on Track by PistonHeads...

(31 December 2013)

The 991 Turbo S needs space to strut its stuff; Silverstone has just that - win!

50 years of the 911? An accurate description of how 2013's Porsche coverage might have felt at times but last we checked it was only 365 days in duration and as the year closes we'll bring a full stop to the chapter headed 'The 911's half century'.

Perfect conditions to test the technology

Appropriately enough it involves attempting to max out the most potent 991 launched this year and another evolutionary step made by the 911 Turbo.

As you'll know by now, the 991 Turbo is the biggest, baddest and most powerful Turbo yet and adds adaptive aero, 28mm extra in the hips over even the widebody Carrera 4 and comes in 520hp standard and 560hp S trim. As you'd expect, the latter results in a lot of impressive facts and figures but the one that most pricks up the attention is a starting price - starting price - of £140,852. The 911 Turbo has always had supercar troubling performance. But now it's getting on equal terms with price too - perhaps the most significant statement of intent from this new 991-generation car.

Like a duck to water

We'll leave that elephant in the corner of the room for the time being and instead look at what the thing is like to drive. When Dan Prosser took the wheel for PH's first taste back in August it was predictably the ability to shrink the distance between two points that proved most memorable. 560hp, four-wheel drive and an expansive box of electronic tricks will do that and confirmed what the on-paper information released ahead of the launch had promised.

Final hurrah for 2013's 911 obsession

Then Harris drove one in the UK - again mainly on the road - and we got the first hint that this 991 Turbo had something seemingly squeezed out of previous ones. Namely, character. Soul, even. From the 997's "speed for speed's sake" Harris declared the 991 has "a very defined and very attractive character, albeit one which takes a few days to emerge."

We didn't have that luxury for our next go. Would a few laps of a soaking wet Silverstone National be enough to explore this idea further? One way to find out.

Comfort zone

Given that the GT3 is meant to be the track day 911 of choice just what is proven by taking a Turbo S out on track? Well, first that it's bloody fast. Startling revelation of 2013 right there for you. How fast is bloody fast? Relentlessly fast, fast enough to make even the wide expanses of Silverstone narrow into a pinched focal point and make you take deep breaths every time you successfully scrub off the speed for the next corner.

560hp on a sodden track ... and a big grin?

Down the short Wellington Straight on the National loop the Turbo S is pulling close to 140mph before the PCCBs haul all that considerable momentum back down to a pace at which it can realistically turn into the deceptively tight Brooklands/Luffield complex. In the wet at Silverstone you want to keep well away from the conventional dry line, this being as slippery as the skin of a greased up eel, but when the wider wet line is pocked with puddles of standing water that doesn't appeal too much either.

The Turbo is not built to go dancing but whichever of those acronyms it is that gets you into the corner is damned good at its job, the true cleverness of this 991 not the technology in isolation but the seamless way in which it interacts with its partner systems.

Obviously we know that the Turbo is four-wheel steer. And will do everything from stiffen itself to prevent roll, brake inside wheels to curb understeer while diverting power to the outside ones to keep you pointing the right way and shuffle power back and forth to the axle best situated to make the most of it. The technology is boggling. But, like the electric steering, it does such a good job of disguising its synthetic roots you never feel like you've got a technological fluffer there to maintain your driving virility.

Conditions really showed Turbo's talents

The final mix

Like the 918 Spyder, it's in this calibration of multitudinous technological cleverness where the 991 Turbo - a Terminator of a sports car if ever there was one - gets its soul. Contrived and enhanced or not, the new 911 Turbo at least attempts engagement in the process of going outrageously fast. There's a sense of flat-six howl rather than a flat, flatulent forced induction roar and the greasy Silverstone tarmac allows an exploration of what all those gizmos do at vaguely sensible speeds.

Trying to dissect which is doing what isn't so easy though, such is the seamless integration. Those who've driven it in the dry have commented on the four-wheel steering enhanced sharpness on turn-in. Well, it'll still push on but that's more likely to be the ohmygawd excess speed you've just carried up the straight rather than traditional 911 understeer.

Oh shiiiiiiiiii....

ABS hammering away after another 'holy shiiiiii......' accelerative burst the PCCB brakes haul the Turbo up straight from huge speeds even with one set of tyres in standing water and the other nibbling at ice-like kerbs. Bleed the brake pressure away on turn in and it'll pivot neatly, keep a little too much on and momentum will get those big hips swinging, likewise if you over-commit and then attempt to back out of it.

She's no looker but the Turbo's more fun

But here's the surprise - a wide window of neutrality and a surprisingly gentle transition into oversteer that can be gathered up with a team effort of corrective lock and stability control. That builds confidence and tentative attempts to ride it out on the throttle, at which point the cleverness really shows itself. A measured amount of right foot straightens the car neatly into a predictable slide as you wind off the lock and deploy more and more power before erupting up the next straight. Or with the PSM incrementally disengaged as confidence grows you can get a little more greedy, at which point the Turbo responds by balancing itself in drifts as lairy as you (or your Porsche chaperone) feel comfortable with. Doing this in the dry will require significantly more commitment but driving it in the wet actually reveals this new-found playfulness at a much more accessible level. It's something of a revelation too.
    Making the 991 Turbo fast was never going to be a problem. But making it fun? That's a real masterstroke.

Oh, and don't blow out those candles quite yet either. 2014? 40 years of the Turbo...

PORSCHE 911 TURBO S

Engine: 3,800cc, flat-6, twin-turbocharged
    Transmission: 7-speed PDK, four-wheel drive
    Power (hp): 560hp@6,500rpm
    Torque (lb ft): 553lb ft@2,200rpm
    0-62mph: 3.1sec
    Top speed: 198mph
    Weight: 1,605kg
    MPG: 29.0mpg (claimed)
    CO2: 227g/km
    Price: £140,852

Smiley SmileySmiley

Nice Article, Thank You!

The Turbo 5 lug rims actually look good on Agate Grey, too late since my build is in a couple of weeks.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Making the 991 Turbo fast was never going to be a problem. But making it fun? That's a real masterstroke.

Well, well...it seems I'm not the only one talking crap (not).  Smiley

--

finally got my baby 

LOVEINNNNNNNNN IT 

sulaiman:

finally got my baby 

LOVEINNNNNNNNN IT 

You got your baby and no pics? You should be ashamed, Mister... Smiley

Smiley Congratulations. Can't wait for your first impressions. Smiley

--

IMG_0308.JPG

Where are the other pictures??

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

my first impressions  hmmmmmm how can i put that on words !!!!

there is no way i can do that ..... first of all i need better english ... even the english language isnt good  enough 

love the grip love the speed love the quality love the feeling that this car made from 1 piece so sold 

love the steering "lost of feeling my ass "

love the PDCC yes yes i know i didnt push hard yet but still i can feel it 

dont know how to upload more pic 

tell me how 

IMG_0300.JPGIMG_0301.JPGIMG_0302.JPG

onr thing to add 

driving in Sport is much better and surprisingly smother than normal driving mod 

الف الف مبروك يا آخوي سليمان تتهنى فيها ويعطيك خيرها ويكفيك شرها ويحفضك من عبدالفتاح العلي يا رب

(Translation) Congrats brother Sulaiman hope you enjoy the car in good health and be careful of police.

الله يجيرك من الشر 

هههههههه لا أن شاء الله 

Thanks a lot 

Love the blue/red combo--unusual but quite attractive!

Congratulations . The dark blue looks very good on the TTS . Sporty in an elegant way kiss

I am getting very found of dark blue again . I remember the late 80's where that color was very popular .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

@sulaiman: your car is very attractive, I would never think before, that dark blue suits the Turbo so much.

Mabrouk ( Correct??) and enjoy Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

thanks a lot guys :) 

im loving the car more and more  it just handle so good that makes u feel u r the best driver 

and the dark blue was not easy to chose but im so happy with it .. and the red/black interior is so sexy 

@reginos yes its correct .. and i will say allah yabarek feek  :)  mean god bless you 

one more thing   

i start to enjoy u turn at speed loool something i never though possible be4 AWS roooocks 

Amazing mashine! kiss Enjoy and keep it covered from the sunlight wink

--

IMG_0316 copy.pngunder direct sun light it gets darker .. 

wink Congratulations!!!!

Welcome to the fun blush

Beautiful car, congratulations!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782275 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442944 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263531 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261987 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86050 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6044 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881733 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820017 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM