Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 spyshots thread (continued) (for UNRELEASED models only) Thread Closed

ISUK:

The potential sales volume for a smaller Pajun 5 seat car will far outstrip the market case for a vanity model like the mid engined 960 or 928 style Panamera coupe. VW will want Porsche to chase the volume first without a doubt. Enthusiasts may want them to make sports cars and coupes like their past but the emerging markets currently pay little heed to the history of a brand like Porsche and are more interested in status and luxury. Those buyers will win out.

Yeah but what about people like me who are true P fans but thought they would have to wait far longer to be able to enjoy one. A 3 Series competitor coucud bring the brand closer to me, and even though I know that it wont be at all the real Porsche 911 experience, it gets me closer to where I want to be in less time. I want to say that Porsche should focus on their sports cars and spend their time perfecting that, but the reality is that if they make a more affordable car I have nothing to complain about because it means I´ll be able to have a Porsche sooner. 

Sure most buyers of a "Pajun" would be people chasing after status and brand name, but the same could be said about any premium car if you look close enough. 

Super Darius:

hope wheels will be different...i don't like these...enlightened

I love those wheels!

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:
    Super Darius:

hope wheels will be different...i don't like these...enlightened

I love those wheels!

Smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Macan will be a success for sure.

Many People will want a smaller SUV for the City.

Just remember what we thought whenn Porsche announced the Cayenne.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

Macan will be a success for sure.

Many People will want a smaller SUV for the City.

Just remember what we thought whenn Porsche announced the Cayenne.

Stopped at an Audi dealer yesterday and looked at the SQ5 ( the Macan's  brother).....way too small for what we use our SUV's for...dogs -Costco - etc.

--

At the end of the game, the Pawn & King go back in the same box

- Italian proverb

SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:

Somehow it doesn't really look like a Porsche IMHO. yes

They only need a new 928... A proper 2-door, 4 seat GT. No need for other new models. 

How would this car be differentiated from the Turbo?

At the time of the 928, the 911/911 Turbo were basic and rather crude and abrupt, so there was room for it.

A modern 928 will end up as a Panamera 2+2 to compete against Bentley and Mercedes.

A Panamera Coupe will do ;) That was exactly what I was talking about. The 911 Turbo is indeed more GT than it ever was, but still not a proper GT. It still is a sportscar with GT capabillities, rather than a GT with sportscar capabillities and no front engine.
    I would like to see something like the Ferrari FF, but designed as a coupe, not as a shooting brake.

I thought about used 612 scaglietti or Ferrari ff (wow what an ugly car.  A Ferrari station wagon!) for a long time.  I eventually settled on a carrera s.  My 3 and 5 year old boys luv it!  This 928 "successor" is what I need when they no longer fit in the back and prevent the embarrassment of driving around in a panamera or cayenne.

Cheesehead:
    SuzyF:
    reginos:
    SuzyF:

Somehow it doesn't really look like a Porsche IMHO. yes

They only need a new 928... A proper 2-door, 4 seat GT. No need for other new models. 

How would this car be differentiated from the Turbo?

At the time of the 928, the 911/911 Turbo were basic and rather crude and abrupt, so there was room for it.

A modern 928 will end up as a Panamera 2+2 to compete against Bentley and Mercedes.

A Panamera Coupe will do ;) That was exactly what I was talking about. The 911 Turbo is indeed more GT than it ever was, but still not a proper GT. It still is a sportscar with GT capabillities, rather than a GT with sportscar capabillities and no front engine.
    I would like to see something like the Ferrari FF, but designed as a coupe, not as a shooting brake.

I thought about used 612 scaglietti or Ferrari ff (wow what an ugly car.  A Ferrari station wagon!) for a long time.  I eventually settled on a carrera s.  My 3 and 5 year old boys luv it!  This 928 "successor" is what I need when they no longer fit in the back and prevent the embarrassment of driving around in a panamera or cayenne.

"Embarrassment"? Smiley

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

I'm 35 years old, no kids and I own a Panamera.  I'm not the least bit embarrassed about it.  It's a great car.

Cheesehead:

Now you've really done it.

Maybe I'm such an old guy that I find my former Panamera Turbo as well as my new 2014 edition of the same quite nice.  I'm not so old that I can't play basketball 3 times a week -- I still do -- but, I can't dunk anymore Smiley

My younger wife drives a Tesla Model S as her daily driver and finds neither it nor the Panamera embarrassing in any way.

The only car in our stable that ever earned the title "embarrassing car" is our Bentley Arnage T.  Our youngest daughter's private school classmates were too curious about it and my daughter preferred less social interest in her background.

Panamera embarrassing???? 

--

Mike

Carrera GT + Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S + Panamera Turbo +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T + GT3 RS 4.0

W8MM:

My younger wife drives a Tesla Model S as her daily driver and finds neither it nor the Panamera embarrassing in any way.

Good on you and your wife ! could get some pics and driving impressions?

bvineyards:

I'm 35 years old, no kids and I own a Panamera.  I'm not the least bit embarrassed about it.  It's a great car.

Why should you be embarrassed to drive a Panamera? Smiley I owned one myself and I sold it because I'm not a sedan type of guy (I prefer coupes and SUVs) and I wasn't too fond of the steering feel at lower speeds (Powersteering Plus...dammit). People loved the Panamera, especially women, the car always attracted a lot of attention, more than I had hoped for. Nothing wrong with the Panamera and I wouldn't know any reason why someone should be embarrassed driving one. Same goes to the Cayenne.

Yes, it is a great car but maybe not for everyone. Also, with no kids, I would probably drive a 991 (whatever model suits me) only.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

I wonder what the older wife thinks of the younger one?  What are her driving impressions.Smiley

Considering marriage to a younger wife myself.  I doubt my older one is happy about their 21 year age difference.Smiley

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE TARGA!  LA Show?

Could this be the 991 GTS?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113120367023/2015-porsche-911-facelift-spied-for-the-first-time-could

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive MSport & 2012 x5 - TurboS Cab on Order Mar14. Range Rover V8 on order June14

Leawood911:

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE TARGA!  LA Show?

Rumored Detroit show I think January 14-27, we should have first official info by the end on this month

--

Embargo date for the Targa: 27/11/2013 yes

--

Porsche-Leak-3_thumb1.jpg

--

EnglishManInNY:

Could this be the 991 GTS?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113120367023/2015-porsche-911-facelift-spied-for-the-first-time-could

Very interesting. I hope they will fix the DRL look on the facelift...

--

Based on the camo it would appear they are doing just that. Those DRL's are one of the things that bug me the most about the 991. The bulbous headlights are another.... and the rear crease along the "engine" lid and tail lights, and the...

Needless to say. I'm still enjoying my 997 Smiley

I still dont get it if the roof really goes behind the seats... why would you do that and ruin that rear space?

Wished they would have made the 991 as the 997 - with the rear windows to open! I would have bought one for sure!

Anybody have any confirmed info about when we gonna see the official info about Targa?

--

SportCarGroup:

Anybody have any confirmed info about when we gonna see the official info about Targa?

The debut is scheduled for the 2014 Detroit Auto Show in January so official information will most likely be out by the end of the month.

rulesdontapply

--

2008 Porsche Boxster S PDE2
    2012 Porsche Cayenne S

Gnil:

I don't see the point of such a car enlightened Either you have a comfortable sedan at la Panamera , which is sporty enough if you take the right options, or you have a sports car in which case you do not want a ' people carrier ' and have all that extra room and lenth .

Same here. Too flashy, too sporty, I would rather other a TWO DOOR version of the Panamera with a much sportier (and slightly different) look.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

RC:

Same here. Too flashy, too sporty, I would rather other a TWO DOOR version of the Panamera with a much sportier (and slightly different) look.

Yep...but the problem is that there is NO TWO DOOR version of the Panamera with a much sportier (and slightly different) look. Smiley

--

SportCarGroup:
    RC:

Yep...but the problem is that there is NO TWO DOOR version of the Panamera with a much sportier (and slightly different) look. Smiley

Yet. Smiley

--

RC, do you expect Porsche to build such a thing? I would buy it...

--

Note to self: I DO NOT need a Turbo. 

TomSilver:

RC, do you expect Porsche to build such a thing? I would buy it...

As far as I heard, this is one of the models they plan based on the next gen platform. I don't have more, sorry. Smiley

Something new(?) I heard today about the upcoming 991 GT3 RS: According to one source, the GT3 RS is supposed to be very special, even for Porsche standards. This car has a thing or two which hasn't been done by Porsche yet. I don't have a clue what this means but expect something really special. Good news (hopefully) for future owners.

--

RC:

Something new(?) I heard today about the upcoming 991 GT3 RS: According to one source, the GT3 RS is supposed to be very special, even for Porsche standards. This car has a thing or two which hasn't been done by Porsche yet. I don't have a clue what this means but expect something really special. Good news (hopefully) for future owners.

SmileySmileySmileySmiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

I will say it again - it will have a sequential gearbox tamed for the street/track. It will have a clutch used for when stopped and to start (when not using launch control) and to downshift. Up shifts will be without clutch and will be instant/brutal - if so desired.  Anytime you can still use the clutch to shift when you want to be smooth and baby it.  There will be no H-pattern, just sequential gears, most likely six for durability. This gearbox will make the PDK look like the automatic slush box that it is. The GT3RS will be the BOMB!  - my guess is a 9400 RPM redline to make up for the six speeds.

This is my prediction - anyone who has driven a cup car will tell you it was inevitable and the GT3RS is the perfect car to try this on. It will stand apart - far apart, and the transmission and clutch will be bullet- proof when used on the street with limited track use, like the new PCCB brakes.

Cheers

If true, such a tranny on a street car would be an incredible experience for the driver, nothing compared to a PDK, but I can't help cringe at the maintenance cost and issues of such a box as well as first-second year problems it may give 

--

Leawood911:

I will say it again - it will have a sequential gearbox tamed for the street/track. It will have a clutch used for when stopped and to start (when not using launch control) and to downshift. Up shifts will be without clutch and will be instant/brutal - if so desired.  Anytime you can still use the clutch to shift when you want to be smooth and baby it.  There will be no H-pattern, just sequential gears, most likely six for durability. This gearbox will make the PDK look like the automatic slush box that it is. The GT3RS will be the BOMB!  - my guess is a 9400 RPM redline to make up for the six speeds.

This is my prediction - anyone who has driven a cup car will tell you it was inevitable and the GT3RS is the perfect car to try this on. It will stand apart - far apart, and the transmission and clutch will be bullet- proof when used on the street with limited track use, like the new PCCB brakes.

Cheers

Sounds everything nice but Porsche wants to make money too... Smiley

The surprises seem to be related to some other "features", just let's wait for the press release at some point.

The magnesium roof, I think Dario mentioned it once, seems to be a sure thing. 

I am very curious and no, I have no details yet (but I'm working on it Smiley).

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764234 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436440 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261012 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257937 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82626 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5329 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876811 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808842 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM