Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Range Rover Sport

Just got the diesel HSE dynamic with the 292bhp. Corris grey with black top and brown leather interior.The car is amazing great design overall interior/exterior. The car was  equiped with 22 wheels which looks great but makes you feel your driving an audi rs.... (my last car was a RR with 20 wheels and was super smooth anywhere i drove it)  I was between this car and the 2014 bmw X5 m50d which is also very interesting choice... Consumtion is really good too new generation engines are really impressive!

Really happy about it i stronglu recommend it guys!!

How does the corris grey blend with a brown interior? I thought it had a blue hue to it? I take it you've the SDi engine?

--

991 (what a car!) XC90 - Black/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

It blends great:) A friend of mine who owns a cayenne went straight to the dealership to sell is after he saw mine hahaha. 

The SD engine is good, its not a beast but hey if i wanted to drive fasted than 220 kmh id buy a sportscar not an SUV.

Heres some pics (sorry for the bad quality):

photo 3.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

What a wonderful great looking interior Smiley.Does really the 22" wheels makes the ride so uncomfortable? 

J.Seven

I'm loving mine more with every drive. It has more than enough power for the roads here.

DSC02791.JPG

/\ sensational red

sfo:

/\ sensational red

Firenze Red is a really great colour on the new Range Rover models IMHO. The paint finish on these cars is excellent Smiley

DSC02792.JPG

rare to find a red that is red enough ..

Firenze red with espresso/almond interior would me my choice... Supercharged all loaded for 30% less than equivalent Cayenne or about the price of a Macan turbo...

I just spec'd a Macan to the level I would want and it was the same price as a fully loaded RRS V8....so a bit of a show stopper for the Macan if I had to decide...

--

2013 BMW 750 xDrive MSport & 2012 x5 - TurboS Cab on Order Mar14. Range Rover V8 on order June14

Easy to choose for the same price:

Smaller more sporty with better MPG: Macan

Bigger & 3 row: RRS V8...

Right now I would have hard time decide except for the colors of the Macan as mentioned above...

J.Seven:
    Gnil:

I see a few women drive them around here ............  I don't think they have a bad image here.

Here the X6 doesn´t have a bad image either.

J.Seven

The X6 has a bad image here in Germany but many people still want one. It is kind of a weird thing. Smiley

Envy has a lot to do with this image but also the fact that many X6 are owned by people with an immigration background and/or "younger" (in their 30s and 40s) people who are wealthy but maybe not really rich. It is difficult to explain but owning a X6 over here is kind of like wearing a thick Rolex gold watch and a thick gold chain around your neck, if you get the point.

I know two X6 owners here personally and one is from Croatia (he owns a restaurant) and the other one is from Turkey (he owns a small cell phone business). Funny enough, the restaurant owner actually wears a golden Rolex...a fake one. Smiley

SUVs have a bad image in Germany anyway and the sportier looking X6 adds to this because it seems to be showing off only. People seem to have issues with luxury SUVs. The Cayenne isn't that flashy anymore (which is a good thing here..) and while there are many Range Rover on the road, they have a similar (but different..."rich people like managers, bankers...") image problem here, even more than the Cayenne in my opinion. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Nothing wrong with the Rolex GMT II !!!!!!

--

bridggar:

......and what's wrong with my gold chain Smiley

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:
    bridggar:

Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Actually, given it's Movember, I'm sporting a similar look right now.... (and I'd quite like an old Merc SL....)

--

Well...take the gold Rolex (fake one!!!) I mentioned and mix it with this look (see lower photo) and you get somehow an idea of the look I mentioned, incl the large rings. You wouldn't see any intellectual over here (or anywhere else for that matter) run around with this look, I am sorry.

SuperStock_1829-44718.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Rossi:
    reginos:
    bridggar:

Smiley

Hey - dont pull my brother into this Smiley

Porker:

Comparing Belgium with Switzerland, I think the X6 has a very bad image in Belgium, it really tends to be driven only by tasteless idiots, while in Switzerland I get the feeling regular people also tend to opt for the X6.

Strange...Smiley

I must be one of those few regular people...Smiley

...but i will sell it in the next couple of months and report on what a funny bunch of people are interested in it! Smiley

--

turbolite

I would have gotten the X6 as well, but by GF veto-ed. Still like it a lot in the right color with the right wheels.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

I am just a boring engineer, but four years ago I had deep thoughts about ordering a X6, too. Funny, my wife still loves the look of the X6. She loves the higher position together with the dynamic look.

But the hydraulic garage in my office doesn’t allow cars above 2.000kg, so the X6 is a no-go (and no Cayenne, no Panamera too). Probably nobody in the seventies thought about the increasing size and weight of cars.

Itsme:

I am just a boring engineer, but four years ago I had deep thoughts about ordering a X6, too. Funny, my wife still loves the look of the X6. She loves the higher position together with the dynamic look.

But the hydraulic garage in my office doesn’t allow cars above 2.000kg, so the X6 is a no-go (and no Cayenne, no Panamera too). Probably nobody in the seventies thought about the increasing size and weight of cars.

I just checked some appartments to buy as an investment in Frankfurt. Brand new buildings and all had those hydraulic dublex garages with a max of 2tons. So - still nothing changed.... those appartements are build for people with light cars!Smiley

Lars997:
    I just checked some appartments to buy as an investment in Frankfurt. Brand new buildings and all had those hydraulic dublex garages with a max of 2tons. So - still nothing changed.... those appartements are build for people with light cars!Smiley

That is crazy !  Are these apartments in ' workers  area ' ? Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:
    Lars997:

That is crazy !  Are these apartments in ' workers  area ' ? Smiley

Actually most of the owners/tenants are in upper management in the banks! Garages have been full with 911s and Astons Smiley

Had the chance to test drive the new RRS and it didn´t impressed as much as I thought it would. It was a V6 with 258hp powerded diesel engine with 20" wheels, but still the ride was much harsher compared to my RR Vogue. Good looking exterior and interior as we all know with reasonable space. Dealer wants me to test drive the new RR, so next week will have a ride in one.

J.Seven

Tried RR Sport Supercharged the other day. Drove it for a few days in Switzerland. Seemed to me quite nice and very powerful car. Could not test it fully - thanks to a lot of speed cameras. I have RR Diesel previous generation and quite happy with it. Plan to change it to Cayenne after the facelift. 

Was not enough for me to want to buy RRS but was pleasantly surprised.

rubaga:

Tried RR Sport Supercharged the other day. Drove it for a few days in Switzerland. Seemed to me quite nice and very powerful car. Could not test it fully - thanks to a lot of speed cameras. I have RR Diesel previous generation and quite happy with it. Plan to change it to Cayenne after the facelift. 

Was not enough for me to want to buy RRS but was pleasantly surprised.

Cayenne is more sporty, RR is more comfortable

I'm betting on the v6 with the extra duty package which includes the diff and anti roll suspension, without sunroof, at about four hundred pounds less than the v8 to get me around corners with much more nimbleness than the v8 supercharged I test drove on a winding up and down fast road.  The v8 pushes, or understeers at it's limit, even though the diff and torque vectoring is trying to move the vehicle around,, just too much weight up front and too high center of gravity.     I would have bought the Cayenne gts, but don't want to sit on top of a battery again, like I did with the 2004 cayenne turbo I had.   The six should do better in the rough stuff too without the added weight.

Hi J.Seven - probably you understand me know better. I also testdrove the RR and it was even more "boring" like the small one. I would compare it to my 7 - which is a perfect car but kind of a long distance hauler and not the car which you want to drive around those gorgeous Portugese mountain roads or the pacific way to Cascais. Looking forward to your report! ps.... test drive the SRT ;)))

mitsos:

It blends great:) A friend of mine who owns a cayenne went straight to the dealership to sell is after he saw mine hahaha. 

The SD engine is good, its not a beast but hey if i wanted to drive fasted than 220 kmh id buy a sportscar not an SUV.

Heres some pics (sorry for the bad quality):

photo 3.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

mitsos, is this Corris grey color? 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691236 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410288 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256300 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235444 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65769 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858922 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775256 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM