Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Unfortunately, it happened to me again....

Some one hit my car while I am at the mall, thankfully, it is just a bumper scratch but I just don't understand how can the State issue a licence to a person of that sort. I went to the collision center to get an estimate today and it will cost me another 2000 dollars to get it fixed. I don't plan to notify the insurance company about this, so I gonna have to pay this out of my pocket sigh.... Also, today, I found that my cd is stuck inside the PCM and tried several to take the cd out but its not successful. The tech at Porsche told me to try to take out the fuse and put it back in and see if it works, but unfortunately, it doesn't. For those of you who have your pcm replaced, How long did it take you guys to get it replace? Why is all this happening to me at once, so annoying

Re: Unfortunately, it happened to me again....

Annoying. When it rains, it pours. Hopefully the pcm will be fixed with no issues. When I go to public parking areas I am very anal as to where I park my car to try and minimize risks of scratches, dents, etc, but sometimes they are unavoidable. I feel your pain.

So far the problems don't sound too bad... just really inconvenient. Thankfully you weren't hurt in a collision.

A friend of mine once had his entire 996TT keyed. (they went around the entire car) He had taken special care to park it in the back where no one else had parked. Oddly enough it probably gave the vandals an advantage because of the lack of foot traffic. I agree though, overall the best thing you can do is park well and park next to newer cars without dents, etc.
    I remember changing my parking habit after some moron hit my Jaguar with an absolute POS (funny, hitting a POS with a POS). I distinctly remember looking at his car wondering if I should've parked elsewhere... lazy me.

guys, I just don't understand why we have to take such precautions because people should not do that at the first place. Well, i guess next time I should find a better spot to park! I know 2k is not a lot of money, but i just feel pissed off when i think about I am paying for the peope of misconduct.

Someone did same to me. I've Just left it for the moment. 9/10 people wouldn't even notice it, and in the end, it's only a cosmetic thing, and it isn't going to rust or affect the handling, and someone might (as in your case) just do the same again the next week.

You might get lucky and have someone own up for another impact one day, and then you can claim off their insurance for both old and new wounds

JL13, just cause you think 2k isnt alot of money, it doesnt mean that we you/we should just be like "Oh well, vandals again"... Those jealous idiots should be caught and be dealt with...
    They are causing you an inconvenience, a undeservered inconvenience.

I dont park my car anywhere though... I always seem to have problems with elderly ladies... Thankfully not with my new baby yet though..

The only way the vandelism will stop is when everyone has a Porsche. The only way it will slow down is for someone to vandalize the wrong guys car and have a few fingers removed, legs broken, etc. We can only hope.

sorry this happenned to you

However i stand exactly as the above poster....

A few body modifications can slow down this phenomenon...

After all body modifications have a very good advantage over other teqniques..

They stay well-remember for a good amount of time

So i second that.Use of additional weapons i.e globs,strut braces can also approve to be quite useful during these modifications.

Thats where i stand.

Sorry to hear the news JL13. You've already had more than your share. I plan to put a NRA sticker on my window when my 997C2 arrives next week. Foreign cars are a target for vandals or should I say some autoworkers here in the Motor City. If I got a vanity plate here it would only make matters worse.

Once I was parked in a lot with my Lexus and had the seat reclined and somebody in a GMC pickup pulled up slowly about 20 yards or so away. Anyways, he pulled up the front bumper of his vehicle next to a shopping cart on purpose, hit the throttle, and the cart comes whizzing my way(didn't quite make it). I saw the whole thing happen. He didn't see me at first. I looked up like a madman and the coward jumped out of his vehicle and ran into the store. Well I hope he at least soiled his pants..

i would throw the shopping cart on/inside his GMC...

You should have chased after him with a bat

Sorry to hear that. Hard to accept that our cars are either legitamate targets or junk to other "people."

PCM? Takes a few hours to replace after they get one in a few days or a week.

Same problem with my PCM. You should IMMEDIATELY get a battery maintainer and use it because my defective PCM with CD stick inside ruined my unmaintained battery by discharging it until dead.

Quote:
    DILINGER said:
    i would throw the shopping cart on/inside his GMC...

Not a bad idea..

Quote:
    wangt1015 said:
    You should have chased after him with a bat

Nah, should've chased after him with my vehicle!

No Respect...WHY???

Isnt it something how much we have to protect our cars from IDIOTS....I have a Honda backup and believe me I use it alot. This is America people can have and do what they want, then there are the IDIOTS that mess everything up and have no respect!!

Re: No Respect...WHY???

vincenzina are you a girl?

of course I am a girl.......
    Just got PSE, having a blast in Cali....did I say I love my-all'Porsches' ...Peace

oh a sexy girl driving a porsche!

Arent all girls sexy that drive Porsche's...aka: PCars!!!
    Just my general thoughts!! ;-)

SweeeeeT

Quote:
    Vincenzina said:
    Arent all girls sexy that drive Porsche's...aka: PCars!!!
    Just my general thoughts!! ;-)

Porsche cars themselves are beautiful, but if there are girls driving in them sure makes them even sexier

Sorry to hear my friend. While there is only so much we can do as idiots drive all over the place I personally try to find a safe corner in the parking lot and walk an additional minute. If my date does not like it, then I drop her off and then park the car. Also that there are so many jealous people that will key your car. Someone once took a pi$$ on my friends car. I have had several gum sitting on my car once. I have had 2 of my cars keyed. People are sick. Some people say oh it's just a car. True but none of grow money on trees at least I don't. Plus it's not so much the money it's also the convenience.

<I don't plan to notify the insurance company about this>
    I can't speak for maryland, but I know in Pa when something like this happens it is not a chargeable incident with the insurance company and will/should not affect your rating

Quote:
    JL13 said:
    Some one hit my car while I am at the mall, thankfully, it is just a bumper scratch but I just don't understand how can the State issue a licence to a person of that sort. I went to the collision center to get an estimate today and it will cost me another 2000 dollars to get it fixed. I don't plan to notify the insurance company about this, so I gonna have to pay this out of my pocket sigh.... Also, today, I found that my cd is stuck inside the PCM and tried several to take the cd out but its not successful. The tech at Porsche told me to try to take out the fuse and put it back in and see if it works, but unfortunately, it doesn't. For those of you who have your pcm replaced, How long did it take you guys to get it replace? Why is all this happening to me at once, so annoying

Sorry to hear about the CD/PCM problem and especially the damage to your bumper. A lot of people are really jerks when it comes to harming others' cars by way of carelessness or just plain jealousy.

I'm really careful where I park mine. If it's a mall that has discount stores, I won't even take the car there as it could get dented by a shopping cart as well as be subjected to vandalism. I also avoid parking in areas frequented by the types of youngsters who tend to do the "keying" or spray painting of cars. I know its not a perfect defense, but unless you only take the car out of the garage for a drive and then directly return it to the garage after your ride, then there is no perfect defense against this sort of thing.

Jim

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    805828 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449172 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266809 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90326 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6998 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886762 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835494 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM