Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Just curious

This topic was about the 997 tt look, not about the thickness of our respective wallets.

May we please stick to the poll title??

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    john999s said:
    Hey guys, does it really need to get that personal??

It seems that every Z06 thread ends up getting personal and its getting tiresome.

We talk about lots of cars with fans of other cars interviening but those threads that involve the Z06 somehow turn to highjacking and trash, and the topic of them is getting to be like a plague in which we are simply not interested in.

Were I'm getting at is what Alan so nicely put it:

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners. We're very unlikely to be going back to the Corvette. So you have to realize that the posters here in this 997TT section aren't really interested in the Z06.

Yes...Alan did put it so nicely..."Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners." This is exactly the attitude the gives Porsche owners the moniker that so many have. You have 'Moved up" to a Porsche from a Vette. I hope you are enjoying your newly-found status. I guess the
    long-running joke about the porcupine and the Porsche driver
    holds true for some members of this board.

Ronnie, I see you don't catch the hints... you are not going to make Porsche drivers salivate for a corvette no matter how obnoxious or persistent you get, get that chip off your shoulder, and stop stereotyping.
    A vette is a vette, the Z06 is a very fast sportcar (which I glad for because it stimulates other brands to be better) but its just bang for the buck, that is all that it offers and is a stepdown for Porsche, Lambo & Ferrari owners. A hamburger can fill your stomach nicely but its no sirloin. Now stop trying to make us like it in order for you to feel better about your purchase, just go out an enjoy the car.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    john999s said:

It seems that every Z06 thread ends up getting personal and its getting tiresome.

We talk about lots of cars with fans of other cars interviening but those threads that involve the Z06 somehow turn to highjacking and trash, and the topic of them is getting to be like a plague in which we are simply not interested in.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners. We're very unlikely to be going back to the Corvette. So you have to realize that the posters here in this 997TT section aren't really interested in the Z06.

Yes...Alan did put it so nicely..."Like most former Corvette owners on this board, we've been there and have moved up to being Porsche owners." This is exactly the attitude the gives Porsche owners the moniker that so many have. You have 'Moved up" to a Porsche from a Vette. I hope you are enjoying your newly-found status. I guess the

Ronnie, I see you don't catch the hints... you are not going to make Porsche drivers salivate for a corvette no matter how obnoxious or persistent you get, get that chip off your shoulder, and stop stereotyping.
    A vette is a vette, the Z06 is a very fast sportcar (which I glad for because it stimulates other brands to be better) but its just bang for the buck, that is all that it offers and is a stepdown for Porsche, Lambo & Ferrari owners. A hamburger can fill your stomach nicely but its no sirloin. Now stop trying to make us like it in order for you to feel better about your purchase, just go out an enjoy the car.

"a stepdown for Porsche, Lambo & Ferrari owners"
    Wow! Maybe for some Porsche owners, but I have never met a Lambo owner or Ferrari owner that would make such a statement. ( and I know plenty). And that is the difference between Porsche owners and everyone else. Your egos are massive and your popinjoy attitudes are overwhealming! And oh, by the way, how did you like Sebring!

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Alan(NJ) said:
    Why are you hanging around this board? Everyone agrees that the C6Z is the best performance bang for the buck. But it's not the best overall performance car - that car is the one that you cannot afford, the 997tt.

BTW, I wouldn't drive a C6Z or any Corvette if they gave it to me, but I wouldn't waste the time to post that on Corvette boards.

I am just delighted to hear that you are familiar with my financial situation, and know what I can and cannot afford. Yes, there are cars that I cannot afford to write a check for, (which I usually do), but the 997TT is not one of them. I would like to be in the position to write a check for a new EB16 Veyron, but, unfortunately, I cannot.
    Such is life.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    So, unlike some of you dudes, I don't look down my nose ant anyone, no matter what they drive, and I could not care less about their financial situation! I never brought up the subject of money or one car being better because it is "more expensive"!

Uh, you didn't directly brought the money subject BUT you made us very willingly aware right away of YOUR financial situation...

This is at least the second time in this thread you comment back wrongly on your own previous posts, so I'm done here, I should have know better, you can't discuss with someone with that attitude (ie trolling).

I like this board because most people have an open mind.

But this is not it:

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:I JUST DO NOT LIKE PORSCHES!!!

And for the record I think the Z06 is a great performer, probably on par with the 997TT and that the 997TT doesn't look as slick as it could have been. Still, to own, not in the same league.

See, there you go stereotyping again... can't you see how senseless that is? take off those blinds, you are only fooling yourself.

If you come into a Porsche forum you need to get that "vette" chip off your shoulder. So go out and enjoy your sportcar and don't worry about anybody else. And lets get back to P-cars as the tittle of this section reads.

Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    RonnieC6Z said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    john999s said:

Quote:

And the old stereotype about Vette owners being hicks and pimps also holds true, all we need to do is look at your posts.
    Your tone is hostile and you seem to harbor resentment against people who prefer cars that are mor expensive than your Corvette.
    Grow up and stop calling people "dude" and flaming them for gaving better cars than yours. This isn't a Honda board, for Christ sake! Had it not been for Mr. 95jersey, I'd have thought that all Corvette owners are as arrogant and self-centered as you are.

So now you are looking down your nose at Hondas! It so happens that there are many cars for which I have a passion that sell for more and sell for less that a Corvette...Examples: Ferrari, Lambo, NSX, Mustang, Saturn Sky, Pontiac Solstice, Bentley Continental GT, just to name a few. So, unlike some of you dudes, I don't look down my nose ant anyone, no matter what they drive, and I could not care less about their financial situation! I never brought up the subject of money or one car being better because it is "more expensive"!

I'm looking down at people who try to make everyone else feel bad about their choices.
    Regarding Hondas, I actually witnessed a race between a Honda NSX and an old 190 hp Integra Type R yesterday, at noon, in dense traffic. The idiots were weaving in and out, the NSX on several occasions almost crashed into the central divider, while cutting left off the shoulder. The blonde girl in the integra showed even bigger incompetence, by trying to squeeze between two cars that were about 5 feet apart. So yes, I look down on Hondas being used as boy-racer cars, because I don't see Porsche or Ferrari owners acting like this, or anyone else for that matter (but incidents such as these are repeated), at least not where I'm from.
    You did bring up that the Porsche is twice as expensive as the Corvette, always in a condescending tone.
    I have a simple solution for you: either act respectfully (!) or get out. Nobody has attacked you or called you names, but you keep insisting on pushing your own agenda.

Re: Time for a little poll: Do you like the 997 TT look?

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    3. how many of those who voted "for" the 997tt looks...

C. people who already ordered a 997tt just want to "prove themselves right" for going for the Turbo
    (or better said: they try to fool themselves that they like it, to persuade themselves they didn't make a mistake...a psychological thing ).

Well, words of wisdom (I wonder where they come from )...of course... But you shouldn't leave out those who really like the looks of this car.
    I also wonder how a 911 Turbo should look alike...like a Ferrari?!

Well, certainly not.
    IMHO the turbo looks like we expected it would look like. Basically a 911, with some minor design tweaks. Of course it's not supposed to look like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or any other Italian sports car. The only thing I (and supposedly some others) have hoped for, was that Porsche would have made some better efforts in the design differences. For example cooling vents without the inserts, not so much plastic around the exhaust pipes, more "fluent" design as in case of the 993tt and a revamped interior. And I would have appreciated, if Porsche had had the nerve to present a Turbo which design is a little bit more exciting. Perhaps a little bit like the new Gemballa.

Elegant and clean for the standard 997, brave and thrilling for the top-of-the-line 997.

I think it's a shame that some say they ordered it in black, because it looks best in that colour. Because you know what it means, if black suits the car best: black hides the lines best.

Quote:

I think it's a shame that some say they ordered it in black, because it looks best in that colour. Because you know what it means, if black suits the car best: black hides the lines best.

so true.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    3. how many of those who voted "for" the 997tt looks...

C. people who already ordered a 997tt just want to "prove themselves right" for going for the Turbo
    (or better said: they try to fool themselves that they like it, to persuade themselves they didn't make a mistake...a psychological thing ).

Well, words of wisdom (I wonder where they come from )...of course... But you shouldn't leave out those who really like the looks of this car.
    I also wonder how a 911 Turbo should look alike...like a Ferrari?!

Well, certainly not.
    IMHO the turbo looks like we expected it would look like. Basically a 911, with some minor design tweaks. Of course it's not supposed to look like a Ferrari or a Lamborghini or any other Italian sports car. The only thing I (and supposedly some others) have hoped for, was that Porsche would have made some better efforts in the design differences. For example cooling vents without the inserts, not so much plastic around the exhaust pipes, more "fluent" design as in case of the 993tt and a revamped interior. And I would have appreciated, if Porsche had had the nerve to present a Turbo which design is a little bit more exciting. Perhaps a little bit like the new Gemballa.

Elegant and clean for the standard 997, brave and thrilling for the top-of-the-line 997.

Personally, I think the Ruf RT12 looks very nice. Ruf's front, larger LED rear lights and different exhaust pipes would've made it spectacular. I still like it though.

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

so true.

IMO, any sportscar looks most classically elegant and intimidating in blk/blk....

Sure, crowd favorite for pretty styling is prob 430. Personally, find 430 a good-looking car, despite its many crass "look-at-me" F badges/logos....

Cars I most prefer from a styling perspective are 997TT and 599....both are fairly low-profile cars that most will mistake for Boxster/Chevy....

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:

so true.

IMO, any sportscar looks most classically elegant and intimidating in blk/blk....

Sure, crowd favorite for pretty styling is prob 430. Personally, find 430 a good-looking car, despite its many crass "look-at-me" F badges/logos....

Cars I most prefer from a styling perspective are 997TT and 599....both are fairly low-profile cars that most will mistake for Boxster/Chevy....

I think the "F" badges on the 430 really add to the car, and are anything but crass...to me, it is just part of what Ferrari is all about.

From the pictures I've seen, I like it- just not quite as much as I do the other 997 models. Of course, that could change after I see it in person. I especially like the side and rear views of the new TT. And I do like the wheels a lot .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761606 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434903 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260241 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257376 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80861 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871720 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807052 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM